mirocu
post Jun 6 2013, 10:56 AM
Post #21

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 5 2013, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 26 2013, 11:26 AM) *

Realism? huh.gif Do people walk around naked where you live?? panic.gif

No, they don't. But some of like to roleplay characters who do not bathe in their underwear.

Lothran uses swim shorts biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 15 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

I brought some mods on vacation with me last week. Most didn’t last long enough to want to save. Here are some early favorites.

Chase Camera Mod. Thank you, everyone who mentioned this one! Now I don’t feel sick after three minutes.

Active Inventory Spell. Abiene went shopping in Cheydinhal and gave a few of her guild mates there new robes. (Extra Robe Pack.) Much better!

Companion Share and Recruit. Jerric already got shut down by Rhano, so he has some work to do before they can go adventuring. Next time Abiene goes to the IC she is going to travel with a bodyguard. (Not sure who yet.) Lildereth is going to be disappointed. She wants to ask Merandil out, but little does she know that Kvatch is still on fire in her game. I doubt he’ll abandon his post to take her out to dinner.

Denock Arrow. Didn’t know how annoying that was until it wasn’t.

Portable Campsite. No more standing up and Waiting instead of making camp.

See You Sleep. It’s great to stay in third person. Another small thing that makes a big difference.

Slof’s Horses! wub.gif

Snowy Road to Bruma. More snow! Yay.

I have very vanilla taste in clothing and so do my characters, so we’ve only added a little bit. Brocade Clothes, Capes and Cloaks, Lil’s Rogue outfit, some colored tops and a couple of dresses. If we didn’t love them they wouldn’t get to stay. I can’t wait to dress Darnand up with Extra Robe Pack, but he won’t go in the shops.

Lil has a new bow (Robin of Locksley bow). It looks very much the way we imagine her gin-jiru bow. Jerric likes his old gear too much to want to change, but hopefully someday I’ll find him a sword and Darnand a staff that are as perfect for them as Lildereth’s new bow.

The Wobbly Goblet! Three of my characters have even decided to live there. That’s the one that got this whole learning process started. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 15 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #23

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats, Grits! With the exceptions of differing bows and outfits, I have every mod that you mentioned and am so glad you are enjoying them. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 15 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Acadian, you have been the invisible advisor as I’ve worked through this process. smile.gif I’ve found your advice several times through various unrelated searches. I even figured out how to let Abiene join the Chapel of Stendarr by reading your forum post to someone who wanted not to be chased by wolves! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 16 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 15 2013, 12:27 PM) *

Chase Camera Mod.

I absolutely cannot play Oblivion without this mod. Seriously, if it was between using this mod and not playing Oblivion ever again I would not play Oblivion ever again. I too am made nauseous by Oblivion's camera. Oblivion is the only game I have ever played that makes me physically ill.

I also always use See You Sleep. Most of my characters change into "sleepwear" before getting into bed. Some of them, though, sleep naked. I probably scandalized Mirocu with that sentence. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jul 16 2013, 06:56 AM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 16 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Don´t worry, I´m tough cool.gif

I would like to use Snowy Road to Bruma, but as it adds more than just the snow (WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT!!???), I don´t want it. I don´t want more lamp posts and from what it looks, different snow texture when it´s snowing.

It´s like this other mod I tried a couple of years back. It added more snow like I wanted, and different animals which was ok. And bigger stables, which I guess I was fine with. But what made me drop it was the mod also changed the houses in Bruma! Suddenly there was stone wall when before it was timber! And all I wanted goddammit was more snow! Why couldn´t they have left it with that!??? mad.gif

..sorry... mellow.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 16 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

And that's why I end up making my own mods. I run a lot more self-built mods than I release for others, and the ones I do publish make as little change to the world as I can manage.

And it's probably why my favorite mods are the "fix one detail" type, like Toggleable Quantity Prompt, or else ones that can be customised, like Map Marker Overhaul and Dynamic maps.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 16 2013, 02:59 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 16 2013, 02:52 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 16 2013, 09:29 AM) *

And that's why I end up making my own mods. I run a lot more self-built mods than I release for others, and the ones I do publish make as little change to the world as I can manage.

And it's probably why my favorite mods are the "fix one detail" type, like Toggleable Quantity Prompt, or else ones that can be customised, like Map Market Overhaul and Dynamic maps.

I am exactly the same way. I hate big compilation mods because there is usually only one thing in them I want, and twenty things I do not. That is what lead me to start modding in the first place. Usually the only ones I download from other people are the ones that add one thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 19 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

In a recent post to my Skyrim fan fic, I had a screenshot of Valrimor drinking from a mug. mALX had asked me if it was a pose mod I had used to get that shot. It is not, but rather it is an animation that comes with a realism/immersion mod that I use called Realistic Needs and Diseases. If you enjoy a realistic, immersive play style, I cannot recommend this mod strongly enough. There is a YouTube video that explains the mod (and two others that are unrelated) better than I could. In short, it adds the need to eat, drink, and sleep. It provides camping gear of various levels of complexity, from simple bedroll to full blown campsite. It allows for inebreation from alcoholic beverages. It also causes diseases to get progressively worse if left untreated. In is fully customizable through MCM.

Link to YouTube video.

Link to mod at Nexus.

If you are into immersion, get it and emjoy! smile.gif

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 19 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

The disease part appeals to me, but the rest does not.

I use Frostfall which makes the weather deadly. No more running around in a blizzard or swimming in the arctic sea.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jul 19 2013, 02:21 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 19 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 19 2013, 08:20 AM) *

The disease part appeals to me, but the rest does not.

I use Frostfall which makes the weather deadly. No more running around in a blizzard or swimming in the arctic sea.

I think I am going to add that mod as well. I found Realistic Needs and Diseases while searching for a camping mod. It had that and more, but I guess it's not for everyone. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 20 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #32

Finder
Group Icon

I second ThatSkyrimGuy's suggestion of Realistic Needs and Diseases. I think it truly is a wonderful mod. I use it in conjunction with Drinking Fountains of Skyrim. I never used one of these 'needs' type mods in Morrowind or Oblivion. I preferred to handle this stuff myself. But I gave this mod a shot, on a whim, and discovered that I really liked it.

I'm the opposite of King Coin here: eating, drinking and sleeping appeals to me but not the diseases. Fortunately - like Frostfall - this stuff is easily configured in the MCM menu. (Gods, how I love MCM!) I adore seeing my character go through the eating and drinking animations, just like I adore seeing my characters warm their hands in from of a fire in Frostfall. For me these little touches make my character feel more 'alive' to me.

One of the mod's neat features, I think, is inebriation. Over the years some of my characters in Morrowind and Oblivion have been hard drinkers. And getting drunk is is one area where using my imagination just felt a little...underwhelming to me. RND adds multi-step inebriation (from a bit tipsy to blackout). It's gets realistically hard to walk if a character drinks too much. One of them actually stumbled and fell right off a bridge into the water after a night of heavy drinking at The Bannered Mare. I fell totally in love with the mod when I saw that. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 25 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Well, if I can turn parts of that mod on and off with MCM then I may install it. For me, eating and drinking is something that I just pretends happens in the background, just like... uh... nature calls.

Diseases in Skyrim weren't very threatening and I've had characters run around on adventures for a long time without even knowing that they had a disease.

Getting drunk sounds entertaining as well.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 25 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #34

Finder
Group Icon

With this mod, diseases can kill if left untreated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 27 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 6 2013, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 5 2013, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 26 2013, 11:26 AM) *

Realism? huh.gif Do people walk around naked where you live?? panic.gif

No, they don't. But some of like to roleplay characters who do not bathe in their underwear.

Lothran uses swim shorts biggrin.gif

I think Pseron is talking about taking baths (as opposed to swimming). I agree, I use a nude base and can put underpants and bra/bathing suit on; but for realism I don't like to see her get into a bathtub in them, so hence the nude base.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 27 2013, 12:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 16 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

I've been playing Oblivion again since finishing school. There are a few mods I've been playing with that I like very much, and am now trying out a few others.

I love SubRosa's Witchcraft mod and Forest Friends mod - my character (who has no weapons skills - the complete opposite of Julian of Anvil) loves her summoned Bear.

Another mod that surprised me (by how much I enjoy it, even when I'm not paying attention to it) is Sounds of Cyrodiil. SoC adds ambient sounds to environments both indoors and outdoors. Towns and the IC are more alive with background noises - music and arguments when you walk past a tavern, barking dogs, the sound of a hammer on an anvil when you pass a smith's, dripping water in caves, wind blowing through deserted hallways inside Ayleid ruins (which makes them even spookier than they already are), wind in the branches. I'm sure there are more I can't hear (because they are outside my range of hearing), but I've seen the files for them. Each of Cyrodiil's taverns has its own sound set - the lively tunes at Olav's Tap and Tack is far different from the genteel tunes playing at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. Mages Guild Chapterhouses has odd noises in the basements which I imagine are spells cooking off; also in various basements you can hear footsteps walking across the floorboards above.

I'm working my way through Kvatch Rebuilt and am liking it so far. I have Reclaiming Sancre Tor on standby (it activates when you pick up the Champion's armor, and I haven't done so yet).

I have the CM Basic mod - I am discovering how much help companions can be when working my way through scary places. They get right into the thick of things and give my character a chance to gather her wits when ambushed. At this point I'm not keeping any one of them - rather I'm "auditioning" them to decide which one I like the best.

Of course, I have Slof's Horses.

I just installed three new mods yesterday and am trying them out:
Better Dungeons - I've been in Boreal Stone Cave so far and it's very different - I rather like it! I will have a better opinion after I've tried out a few more dungeons.
Trails of Cyrodiil - I love the idea of hidden trails that are hard to see and difficult to follow - it's much more realistic. So far I found the entrances to a couple of them, but haven't yet followed them.
Almost All Oblivion Vanilla Textures Replacer - a new mod that incorporates several other mods. Yes, it's a compilation mod (and I'm not too crazy about them), but I thought I'd give it a whirl and see how things look. So far it's okay - at first it made my eyes hurt because it felt like I was wearing glasses several grades too strong for my eyes! But I'm liking the detailing in the clothing and the tapestries and the rugs, so I'll give it a little more time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 19 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

For Oblivion: I’ve been using Immersive Interface for a while and I love it. The first time through I forgot to remove the compass. Fixed that today. Even the sneak icon is out of the way at the bottom now. And my favorite part: disappearing status bars. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 17 2014, 01:56 AM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

It's been about a month and I can proudly say I have a list. I am going to try to list these from most useful to less useful.

Fundament -- Ability to individually set all sorts of things. I use this mod to change how fast skills level upwards as they're used. Mostly I dumb this upward movement down, especially for typical fast-moving skills like Sneak, Alchemy, and all the magic except Destruction and Restoration. Makes it feel much more rewarding when the character finally goes from (let's say) Novice to Apprentice because he/she has spent a lot of time working at it.

No POI Compass: dumbs the compass's functionality down. Directions are shown, and quest markers can optionally be shown, but this mod kills all the 'auto-locating devices' found in the vanilla compass. :tongue:

Basic Primary Needs -- Food, drink, sleep (and other things) matter. For my very first PC game (Snaat Rayag the skooma dealer), I've going to use Natural Hunger (only food matters) instead of BPN because NH just feels right for his game.

MMM -- been wanting new / additional creatures and NPCs for years now. smile.gif MMM has lots of options, so anything I don't want (spiders, for instance) can be toggled on or off. And the way this mod adds its content to the game is tasteful.

Simple Saddlebags -- FINALLY I can put some of my character's stuff in bags carried by horses!

Storms & Sounds -- adds some new storm behaviors, and new sounds from storms to the game. It also adds real lightning strikes! .. Storms & wind can often be heard indoors too, if there are any windows or if the structure is made out of wood

All Natural -- Adds a variety of new weathers, and changes light radiances indoors. If it's daytime outside, the room you're in will be brighter than if it's night, for instance.

Get Wet -- A mod which subtly puts dripping water on characters & NPCs, and the clothes they wear.

See You Sleep -- Everybody knows about SYS, I think. smile.gif I sometimes disable this one because I like having my characters level up after they sleep, and SYS cancels this. But if they're not leveling up, SYS is on.

Alternate Start -- I'll use this one occasionally. Starts the character in a room with Imperial guards instead of in jail. The char needs to fill in some 'immigration forms', and this is how we choose Class, Race, Name, Country of Origin, etc. If the player wants to not have the Amulet of Kings given at the beginning of the game, this can happen, too.

Darker Dungeons: I've also tried Cava Obscura, but CO makes the lairs too dark. DD allows mist & natural light sources to carry more luminescence than CO.

Forest Friend -- Love this one for Saga's game.

Better Cities -- Everybody knows about BC. I love this mod but also have mixed feelings about certain portions of it.

Animated Window Lighting System: Windows glow with light at night, and chimneys also smoke.

Clothes Get Wet -- If the PC or an NPC goes swimming, this mod slows movement afterwards for an hour. This one's a bit over-the-top TBH, but I have it installed for now.

Highwayman: Only one of my character's games has this installed. This allows the PC to play the part of a highwayman bandit. It adds dialog options to rob or threaten NPCs if they don't "pay up". This one does some weird things to NPCs unfortunately. Something's not right with it.

That's it for now! .

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 17 2014, 02:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 19 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #39

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice little mod list, Renee. As much as I probably would like quite a few of them I still want Lothran´s game as close to vanilla as possible smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I just started using Robert's Female Body, Robert's Male Body, and an texture upgrade mod for both. The new face textures that come with the latter are a big improvement over Natural Faces.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:26 AM