8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite mods
haute ecole rider
post Feb 20 2014, 02:48 AM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

I love Robert's for both male and female body replacers. I really liked the BAB body for Julian's game, but I think Robert's fits Tallei better.

I only wish there were more stuff for the Robert's Female! indifferent.gif

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Feb 22 2014, 04:06 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 19 2014, 08:48 PM) *

I love Robert's for both male and female body replacers. I really liked the BAB body for Julian's game, but I thing Robert's fits Tallei better.

I only wish there were more stuff for the Robert's Female! indifferent.gif

I have not seen the BAB body in a while. What is the difference between the two? I suppose I could just download it and see. I have the TGND body laying around too. I didn't like the scars it adds though.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2014, 06:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 20 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

The BAB body is, to my eye, thinner and more slender through the hips than vanilla. Suitable for someone with Julian's background as a former Legion soldier and recovering addict.

The Robert's Female body is a little bit more curvy than vanilla, but not too much so. I looked at HGEC for the A- and B-cup upper bodies, but couldn't find enough clothing mods that fit something more slender than the double melons that seem to be so popular in the modding community. I seriously considered going back to the vanilla body and putting up with its textures until I checked out Robert's. For Tallei I thought it was perfect (still do), and there are more clothing mods for this one.

I think the TGND is fine, except I find the upper and lower bodies to be somewhat unbalanced and the upper body just a little too immature for my taste. That's just my personal preference.

I do wish I could find a mod that adds scars and tats in a modular fashion - I get to pick and choose what I want on my PC's. But no luck there. I'd love to customize Julian's body with that Red Dragon tat on her shield arm. And Tallei can have a small scar or two on her hands (from picking all kinds of plants, and getting nipped by pissed off mud crabs every time she takes a nirnroot).

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

I used TGND to take the semi-nude pics of Teresa for her fic, when she did the Through a Nightmare Darkly quest. I would like to have scars like Skyrim that you can pick from too. But I don't like everyone in the world having the exact same ones. That is just a problem with how Oblivion is built. It was not until FO3 that Bethesda made it possible to use different bodies for different races.

I think I will give BAB a whirl too, just to see for myself how it looks compared to Roberts. I really like face textures that came with the third mod for Robert's, so I will probably keep those even if I use BAB.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #45

Paladin
Group Icon

BAB. Buffy 1.0 was a Bosmer using BAB. BAB is nice in that it is elven petite. Notably, the hands and feet are delicately done and one of my favorite features of that mod. It is not particularly well supported for outfits however.

HGEC. As things advanced, I became unsatisfied with what I could do with vanilla race face textures and got quite tired of avoiding close-ups and taking great care with lighting to avoid blotchiness for screenshots. I found a fabulous custom race – but it required HGEC. So Buffy 2.0 was born with her own custom race and body by HGEC. Naturally, for Buffy I chose the smaller cup and hips sizes. Her height of .88 also helped give her a smaller and more delicate look - but I still found her a bit ‘chunky’ compared to what I had hoped for. When I set her race’s weight to 80% of an Imperial woman, magic happened and we had the wonderfully elven petite body that I wanted again.

HGEC does have a more pronounced hourglass shape than most other body mods, but when combined with the smaller hips, bust and weight I’m using, I’m quite happy with it. Her current body is a bit more blossomed or womanly than her earlier BAB body, and I chalk that up to her maturing from teenage elf into young womanhood.

Less than ideally, her hands and feet are still a bit more manish than those delicate feet and hands that BAB did so well.

We use the EVE variant of HGEC, which provides plenty of ‘sizing’ options and also converts all the vanilla outfits to your selections. This ensures all the vanilla outfits fit well. As far as modded outfits, they run the gamut. The bad news is that there are indeed tons of skimpy and/or overly voluptuous outfits to wade through. But because HGEC is hands down the most supported body mod, there are also plenty of appropriate outfits for more slender girls for those who take the time to wade through things carefully - I think Buffy's massive wardrobe is pretty good evidence of that. While I think Buffy has a delightful little figure, I don’t think she’ll ever be convicted of being busty or voluptuous. tongue.gif

TGND and Roberts. I’ve used neither, but certainly evaluated them from screenshots and discussions. Both seem to be geared toward a more realistic shape, rather than the somewhat waifish body of BAB/vanilla, or the rather idealized hourglass of HGEC.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

I don’t think anyone has mentioned Immersive Interiors. I added Animated Window Lighting System and All Natural to welcome Jerric and friends when they return from Skyrim, and Immersive Interiors is the icing on the cake.

Also Immersive Interiors and All Natural have made Better Benirus Manor a favorite mod. It was very nice before, but now with gorgeous interior lighting and a view out the windows it’s awesome.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

So far I am liking the narrower waist of the Bab body better, so I think I am going to use it. I have been looking at a lot of face texture mods, and so far the the one I found for Robert's Body looks best. It works fine without the body, since it is just the face textures. I tried Danis13, Enayla's Faces, and of course used to have Natural Faces. But none of them look as good.

I took a look at a few other face/body/hair mods, like Ren's Beauty Pack and Oblivion Character Overhaul, but they add too many other things I do not want, and pulling out just the face files look like too much work. For Ren's I would have to rename a pile of files. The other one requires Blockhead, which uses a bunch of scripts to change out files. Of course the files themselves are not usable at all on their own (they just have text on them saying Use Blockhead).

Along the way I stumbled upon a mod that adds eyelashes, which is rather neat.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2014, 09:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

I tried OCO with Room207’s Orsimer Overhaul and liked a lot of what I saw on the NPCs. The problem was that my characters looked horrendous. Otherwise I would probably be using it now.

I mean my folks looked horrible. No way! It was too much hassle to get them right in the first place. (Oh, and Roberts Female was my best pick to please a curvy little wood elf, a thin Breton, and a strapping Nord woman all with the same mod. It looks nice and pretty average so it’s not too far from any of them.)

I still use Orsimer Overhaul, though. I’d love to have a mod that makes Dunmer look Morrowindishly angular without changing every other race.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't like the noses in Orisimer Overhaul, otherwise I would use it. Though I do like the tusks. I use Cute Orc Head Replacer for my Orcs. (sans the .esp file, which just redoes some of the Orc's faces. I have already done that to all the NPCs myself). Sadly it does not have tusks. It would be nice to have them with the normal noses, like they are in Skyrim.

Speaking of Orcs, I found the cutest dice bag

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2014, 10:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 26 2014, 01:17 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

I'm becoming quite the fan of Companion Share and Recruit. Thanks to Grits for pointing me in that direction. I had tried Talkie Toaster's CM mods, but found they added too many people to the taverns. Sometimes I just can't move around in those places! If I can figure out how to do it, I would load back the CM Basic just to get two particular companions that he adds and that I like very much. But I don't want all the others. Especially since TIE adds more adventurers and Legion individuals to the game. CSR is proving to be more flexible for me - I actually got Jeelius to follow me back to Cheydinhal and then Fort Urasek in the game. He also accepted Julian's gift of the Mythic Dawn robe from Lake Arrius Caverns, especially since as the prisoner he was stark naked. It was a little more TMI than Julian needed. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 26 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

CSR sounds like just the thing, it's just what I wanted. smile.gif No seriously, I'm going to try that one. Which version do you recommend, I see like several of them over at Nexus.

Does anybody know of a good crossbow mod? Lady Saga's been an archer for ages, but she'd like to try something completely different.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 26 2014, 02:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 26 2014, 02:34 AM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Please forgive the brief answer, I’m in the weeds here. panic.gif

I’m using Companion Share and Recruit v3.27.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 26 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #53

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, I just checked my mods. I've been happily using the CSR version Grits linked to for a long time. smile.gif

Sorry on the crossbow. Buffy won't touch anything by a long bow. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 26 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 25 2014, 07:34 PM) *

Please forgive the brief answer, I’m in the weeds here. panic.gif

I’m using Companion Share and Recruit v3.27.

That's the one I'm using. Awesome!

I really like the Witchcraft mod for Tallei - it adds summoned forest creatures which are more her speed. For both her and Julian I love the Recastable Summons. Two or three or even four Bones at once? No problem! Tallei's conjuration skillz are insane - one of the reasons she has survived so long without once notching her weapons is because of these two mods. When she has Bear, Timber Wolf, Mountain Lion from SubRosa's Morcant and three Skeleton Heroes, she just has to stay out of their way. They do considerable damage all by themselves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 19 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anybody know of a hair mod that adds bangs like Xena's?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=xena&a...selectedIndex=0

I am wanting to make Renee Gade III. RG2 was supposed to look like Xena, but there are no vanilla hairstyles with bangs up front. So I wanna get it right with RG3.

smile.gif Thanks!

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 19 2014, 09:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 19 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

I like using wigs to change hairstyles. Here’s one of Kanet’s that has bangs: front / side. It comes in different colors, she just likes the white and silver ones.

It comes from Apachii Wigs.

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 19 2014, 10:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 19 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool, that'll work, thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 2 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #58

Knower
Group Icon

The ones I use are pretty cool, for now. Here are a few...

Better Cities: I LOVE this mod. Adds so much more to the cities like shops, quests and NPC. However, like Renee, there are certain aspects I dislike, primarily what the mod does to poor Bravil sad.gif

CSR; Essential for my gamestyle. Ironically, I very rarely enjoy exploring alone, so I use this to have Jessie or Anyanka (created with the console) join my adventures.

Better Benirus Manor. A wonderful mod that makes the manor more homey by making it lighter and better decorated.. Includes a library too!

Clothing mods: I use a lot of these... but mostly the Apachii Goddess store, along with it's separate wigs mod.

Cheydinhal Pet Store: Lissa wanted a dog, so I got her one tongue.gif

I really want to use a good body replacer mod, but I cannot seem toget them working. I'm trying to use Robert's Female body but I think I'm doing something wrong! Oh well

EDIT: WOO! FINALLY have a body mod! I installed EVE HGEC after seeing it mentioned by Acadian, and I love it. I also installed a skin texture to clean up Lissa's face. I'm so happy!

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Apr 2 2014, 06:58 PM
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 2 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

If compatibility is your thing, use HG Eyecandy. Every clothing and armor mod under the sun has an HGEC version available.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 2 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Apr 2 2014, 12:26 PM) *

I really want to use a good body replacer mod, but I cannot seem toget them working. I'm trying to use Robert's Female body but I think I'm doing something wrong! Oh well

Robert's is tricky, by default it changes underwear, but you won't be able to see your character 'in their birthday suit' until you swap some nif files around. I forget exactly what I wound up doing, but if you read the posts over in Robert's Females Nexus page somebody explains how to figure this mod out step by step. It's a rather recent post too, so you shouldn't have to go digging.

Like lots of other mod pages, the author explains what to do, but the explantion is half-baked.

'

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 2 2014, 07:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:13 AM