Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turning Save Game Player into NPC?, Does anyone know how to do it?
ghastley
post Oct 18 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 18 2014, 10:48 AM) *

It's awesome, I'm thinking all sorts of possibilities now that I know the basic process. Time to make a Sharks and Frickin' Laser Beams mod. blink.gif

It's funny too because my very first mod rates at just 1KB. That's where it all starts I guess. What were your first mods?

This one - well, just the first quest of it. I wanted to try a bit of everything - meshes, textures, animations, quests, etc. and I'd just found a tutorial on making a mountain lion into a mount. So then I added more riders, with more quests, and a lodge (so I could make an interior cell). About half-way through I started the Gweden Brothel mod, and did both in parallel for some time. Eventually they've merged, in the sense that there's a bridge esp that connects the quest-lines.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 18 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

Very brave of you, Renee!

I've been freely 'tweaking' and adjusting the mods of others for quite sometime. But only within the last month or two did I actually create my own mods from scratch -

1. Better Bosmer - this simply changes all female Bosmer in Skyrim to the small size that I want Buffy to be and tweaks their starting skill bonuses, racial powers etc. The nice thing is that there are so few female Bosmer in the game (beyond generic bandit archers) that Buffy still feels quite unique.

2. Superian tweaks - for some time now, Buffy's been wrestling with SkySuperian being either the black & white paint or palomino. The problem with black horses is the same as in Oblivion - they wash out and the black sort of looks like simply a 'lack of color'. The palomino, by contrast, has very rich detail that really shows on its coat. As Buffy's been changing back and forth, I got tired of getting one horse, then the other. So we just changed the Solitude player palomino to a black and white. The result is: mod checked = black & white / mod unchecked = palomino. If Superian really does go permanently blond, we already have things set up in Oblivion to have ObivSuperian become a blond clydesdale as well.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 18 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

My first mod was a staff for Darnand in Oblivion. I managed to break the Skingrad Mages Guild front door. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 18 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 18 2014, 10:13 AM) *

*snip*
2. Superian tweaks - for some time now, Buffy's been wrestling with SkySuperian being either the black & white paint or palomino. The problem with black horses is the same as in Oblivion - they wash out and the black sort of looks like simply a 'lack of color'. The palomino, by contrast, has very rich detail that really shows on its coat. As Buffy's been changing back and forth, I got tired of getting one horse, then the other. So we just changed the Solitude player palomino to a black and white. The result is: mod checked = black & white / mod unchecked = palomino. If Superian really does go permanently blond, we already have things set up in Oblivion to have ObivSuperian become a blond clydesdale as well.

I have the same problem with the black horses in Skyrim - they tend to be more brown than black. I always found the black horses in Oblivion to be realistic and immersive, especially with Slof's textures. I miss those textures in Skyrim - I really wish Slof would do something like that.

Oh well, if I were unemployed (no! no! not again!) then I would use the time to learn NifSkope and Blender and all that jazz and fix Skyrim's horse textures. Now that I'm volunteering at the local therapeutic riding program, I have access to real live horses once again. I always felt that the shaggy creatures look so unimmersive, but I understand that long fur is difficult to render realistically. But no, I have too many ideas and not enough time. I haven't even cracked the Skyrim CK yet! wacko.gif

It is for that reason that Alise's favorite mount is the Riften grey. It is the best looking horse in all of Skyrim, IMHO. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 18 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

My very first mod wasn't in a Bethesda game, but rather for Rome Total War. I created what eventually turned out to be a rather huge partial conversion mod called Amazon Total War, that changed most of the game world, introduced new Amazon factions, etc...

My first Beth mod was one for Oblivion that made the Restoration skill level up quicker. Learning to use the Construction Set was a steep learning curve for me, as Rome Total War was almost entirely text files. So Notepad was all you needed to do 90% of the modding in that game. Now I am so used to modding the games I play, that it becomes very frustrating when game developers don't give you a modding tool, or otherwise make it easy to do it yourself without one, as RTW did.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 18 2014, 04:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

. Learning to use the Construction Set was a steep learning curve for me

I am sure it will be for me too. My first two uses of the CK were just blind luck. Actually, SubRosa, it all began when I read my Modding Crisis thread over. I decided to read it the other day; see how far I've come. There's a post somewhere in there in which you said "just push File, and then Data..." and then included a few other instructions, and that's where I started. I was able to navigate to the place I wanted. Took me a few tries, but I figured what I wanted to do eventually.

1. Better Bosmer - this simply changes all female Bosmer in Skyrim to the small size that I want Buffy to be and tweaks their starting skill bonuses, racial powers etc. The nice thing is that there are so few female Bosmer in the game (beyond generic bandit archers) that Buffy still feels quite unique.

This actually sounds like something I'm going to try to figure next, Acadian. I want to try to modify an entire NPC faction, all at once. I want to make the vampire faction in Oblivion to have sun damage affect them, so NPCs will start smoking and freaking out if they follow one of mine out into daylight. Can't be too hard, or so it seems. All I gotta do is find the faction itself (which I did last night) and then somehow apply the Effect ID for Sun Damage that our chars can take to the NPC faction.

I can't see how to do this yet, and can't find anything in the CK Wiki (so far), but I'll get there. I promised myself a while ago that if I figure it out, I'm going to put this up on Nexus. hehe.gif Hardly anybody will use it, but I don't mind. There are some excellent-looking vampire mods out there, but I haven't found any that include NPC vampire sun-damage. Somebody told me this is included with Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, but I don't really want to install an entire overhaul just for one effect.

About half-way through I started the Gweden Brothel mod.

I already have this one in a couple of my games. smile.gif I haven't had a character go in that direction yet (to Anvil, that is) but eventually one of mine will.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 19 2014, 12:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2014, 03:51 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

SubRosa said:

There's also a way you can use the Character Creation (showracemenu) to export faces for NPC creation.

Just adjust the sliders like normal and get the type of face you want. When you're done, open the console and type SPF <insert a name here>. The saved SPF file will default into your game's root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim) Open the CK and go to the Character Gen Parts tab and click the "Import" button. Now you have an NPC with the desired face that you want in the game.

I've made a lot of unique looking NPC's and followers using this method.

Okay, I am wanting to do this. Misa is most def this girl:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsfe5bc332.png

BUT: I absolutely LOVED this face I made trying to decide how Misa should look:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps302e3c22.png

I'd really like to make her a follower if possible, give her a unique dialogue (NOT Sofia's!) if possible. I have kept the save with her face on it, but then went back to the (first screen) original Misa face - but they both have the same name and ID!

Will I get her face with these settings or get a clone of Misa's current face? Does anyone know?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 18 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

You will get the face from the save that’s active when you use the spf command. You name the file when you use the command, so just don’t name them both Misa. In the directions where it says <insert name here> you type in whatever name you want the npc file to have. So if you type SPF BeautifulFollower you’ll get a file called BeautifulFollower.npc in your Skyrim directory regardless of the name on the character’s save file.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 19 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 18 2014, 05:53 AM) *

You will get the face from the save that’s active when you use the spf command. You name the file when you use the command, so just don’t name them both Misa. In the directions where it says <insert name here> you type in whatever name you want the npc file to have. So if you type SPF BeautifulFollower you’ll get a file called BeautifulFollower.npc in your Skyrim directory regardless of the name on the character’s save file.

Oh, I thought you were supposed to put in the Player character's name! So even if her name is Misa, I am just naming the file, it is not her name I have to put in? And I can name the file whatever?

Oh, this is great! I really was not wanting to lose her, but she just couldn't be Misa. And I'll make her into an awesome follower, I've been looking up templates for her at Nexus all day!

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 18 2014, 05:53 AM) *

Oh, I thought you were supposed to put in the Player character's name! So even if her name is Misa, I am just naming the file, it is not her name I have to put in? And I can name the file whatever?

Oh, this is great!

By the way, am I supposed to put the little caret marks in when I title the file (<>) ?

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 19 2014, 12:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 19 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2014, 06:10 PM) *

Oh, this is great!

By the way, am I supposed to put the little caret marks in when I title the file (<>) ?

Yep, you can name the file whatever. No caret marks required, just type in the name you want to use.

Enjoy! Making my own followers is my favorite thing to do so far. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 19 2014, 04:43 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 18 2014, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2014, 06:10 PM) *

Oh, this is great!

Yep, you can name the file whatever. No caret marks required, just type in the name you want to use.

Enjoy! Making my own followers is my favorite thing to do so far. smile.gif

I can't do it tonight, but as soon as I do I will post screens of Misa and Glam Misa (Hopefully I'll have given her a name by then) together! That will be Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 19 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm about to need all this to re-create Captain Clarisse as an NPC, so the timing is perfect! smile.gif

There's a screenshot of her new ship, the Red Witch, in the screenshots thread - where else?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:43 AM