Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding a new music category, Oblivion
mALX
post Nov 2 2013, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I was trying to add a category of "Tavern Music" to the Oblivion music directory. I added a new folder in Oblivion/Data/Music called "Tavern" and added a few random sound files = Three (mono MP3 44,100 32 bit float); and one (stereo MP3 44,100 32 bit float).

(Before making the files, I checked with the game music in the Oblivion files to make sure the format was correct).

So then I go in game into an interior cell/edit/music type - but my "Tavern" choice is not showing up as an option.

Does anyone know how I can get the CS to recognize my Tavern folder as a Type for choice? (clicking on "Default" doesn't work either, the game is still drawing only from its own files).

Help?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 2 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

DISCLAIMER: I do not actually know if this will work.

If this is like the CK then go to 'Audio' in the object window. Go to 'Music Type' and duplicate one of the existing ones and edit that one's name to what you want to call it.

Then go to 'Music Tracks' and add your songs.

Go back to your Type and delete all the existing songs in that list and add yours.

Then try setting your interior cell to your new type.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Nov 2 2013, 06:38 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 2 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 2 2013, 01:37 PM) *

DISCLAIMER: I do not actually know if this will work.

If this is like the CK then go to 'Audio' in the object window. Go to 'Music Type' and duplicate one of the existing ones and edit that one's name to what you want to call it.

Then go to 'Music Tracks' and add your songs.

Go back to your Type and delete all the existing songs in that list and add yours.

Then try setting your interior cell to your new type.

Nope, no "Audio."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 2 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

The principle should still be the same though. Creating a list and then adding tracks to the list, then making the interior space use that list.

You should try to find where they have the other music lists. Maybe its under Misc or something. Maybe Ghastly knows.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 2 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 2 2013, 03:11 PM) *

The principle should still be the same though. Creating a list and then adding tracks to the list, then making the interior space use that list.

You should try to find where they have the other music lists. Maybe its under Misc or something. Maybe Ghastly knows.

In Oblivion files they are in Oblivion/Data/Music. They might be under sound in the CS, but I'd still like a way to access it in my tavern other than what I am doing right now.

(right now I'm using a trigger zone that activates the music when the player enters the cell. The problem with the way I am doing it is that the game background music conflicts with the trigger zone music. I would like the game background music to play my list instead of "Public," but can't find anyway to make it access my "Tavern" file.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 2 2013, 08:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Nov 3 2013, 06:21 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

The only tavern music mod that I've ever tried, Musica Prima Tavern Music? by Hammerfist, had this same problem. The tavern music, triggered by an activator, would sometime conflict with the soundtrack and both musical compositions would play at the same time. It was like a Charles Ives composition. wink.gif

Have you checked out Shezrie's Villages? She made several taverns that come with special music that plays only in tavern cells. I know I spent quite a bit of time in her Pell's Gate tavern and I don't recall hearing the soundtrack while I was there. If I had to guess I'd say she probably scripted the game's music slider to 0 while the player is inside a tavern cell.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Nov 3 2013, 06:23 AM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 3 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Nov 3 2013, 12:21 AM) *

The only tavern music mod that I've ever tried, Musica Prima Tavern Music? by Hammerfist, had this same problem. The tavern music, triggered by an activator, would sometime conflict with the soundtrack and both musical compositions would play at the same time. It was like a Charles Ives composition. wink.gif

Have you checked out Shezrie's Villages? She made several taverns that come with special music that plays only in tavern cells. I know I spent quite a bit of time in her Pell's Gate tavern and I don't recall hearing the soundtrack while I was there. If I had to guess I'd say she probably scripted the game's music slider to 0 while the player is inside a tavern cell.

I just downloaded Shezrie's Villages, what an Awesome mod! Thank you for mentioning it!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 3 2013, 04:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 4 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 3 2013, 10:06 AM) *

I just downloaded Shezrie's Villages, what an Awesome mod! Thank you for mentioning it!

I'd second that, but I might be slightly biased. I downloaded it to see what she'd done with the stuff I made for it, and got hooked. My characters who visit Valenwood live in her village there - liveliest tavern of the lot.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 4 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 4 2013, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 3 2013, 10:06 AM) *

I'd second that, but I might be slightly biased. I downloaded it to see what she'd done with the stuff I made for it, and got hooked. My characters who visit Valenwood live in her village there - liveliest tavern of the lot.

I saw you had animated something for her there, along with some other help. What I am trying to do is to put music in my tavern without it affecting any other cells (and without it conflicting with the game's background music).

Right now I have a trigger zone, but you can hear the background music at the same time with it.

She seemed to have done that in one of her taverns, so I was hoping I could figure out how she did it. Also liked the idea of using the Umpa bard to get all the NPC's dancing! I may do that too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:02 AM