User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 10 2015, 12:41 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Coffins Contain Corpses? -- hand-placed dead people! EDIT: hmm....... I don't know about this one, it's a great idea, but it goes too far. Corpses wind up all over the place. The good thing is there are several versions of this mod, so the Caves version might be the one for me. Seeing dozens of corpses in Ayelid ruins isn't quite right, imo.

Bury the Corpse?, pretty cool mod. We can now bury our friends, instead of dragging them away or using a console command to delete them.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 10 2015, 12:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 17 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

Bury that corpse might be good for a roleplay idea I have had for a while now. It is inspired by the Undertaker wrestler, who has this whole beyond the grave shtick, with coffin matches, and so on. Like Persephone, the character would have to be undead. They would use a shovel as a weapon, and would have to wear something like a long dark coat. With that mod, they could actually bury their victims.

Eisen Platte Expanded. It takes the original Eisen Platte and adds more versions in different colors. It also gives the option of a bottom section with pants, rather than having your character walking around in their underwear (which is why I got it).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 17 2015, 11:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 17 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 10 2015, 07:41 AM) *

Bury the Corpse?, pretty cool mod. We can now bury our friends, instead of dragging them away or using a console command to delete them.

I absolutely LOVE this one! Did you read all you can do? You can pray at the grave with four different animations, a priest can give a blessing to the dead, you can give them a headstone if you want - and one I think is particularly awesome and well thought out - Necromancers may possibly rob the grave at midnight! There was a bunch more, I quit reading I was so excited! I want this mod!

I see Vilja having a very nice funeral ....

BWAAHAA!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 17 2015, 05:07 PM) *

Bury that corpse might be good for a roleplay idea I have had for a while now. It is inspired by the Undertaker wrestler, who has this whole beyond the grave shtick, with coffin matches, and so on. Like Persephone the character would have to be undead. They would use a shovel as a weapon, and would have to wear something like a long dark coat. With that mod, they could actually bury their victims.

Eisen Platte Expanded. It takes the original Eisen Platte and adds more versions in different colors. It also gives the option of a bottom section with pants, rather than having your character walking around in their underwear (which is why I got it).

Oh, I used to LOVE the Undertaker! Paul Bearer ... I used to have a blast going to the WWF matches when they came to town! Where is the Imp Snob when you need him?

This post has been edited by mALX: May 17 2015, 11:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 17 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 17 2015, 06:19 PM) *

Oh, I used to LOVE the Undertaker! Paul Bearer ... I used to have a blast going to the WWF matches when they came to town! Where is the Imp Snob when you need him?

The Undertaker was always one of my favorites. I even remember when he was Mean Mark, before we went to the WWF. He was coolest as the Undertaker though. I loved Paul Bearer, the Urn, the coffin matches, how he would make the lights go out in the arena, and all that stuff.

I just found what the Gravedigger character needs. Zombie Hunter Shovel gives you a shovel for a weapon.

It would also be good for a superhero, like The Shoveler from Mystery Men. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 17 2015, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 17 2015, 06:19 PM) *

The Undertaker was always one of my favorites. I even remember when he was Mean Mark, before we went to the WWF. He was coolest as the Undertaker though. I loved Paul Bearer, the Urn, the coffin matches, how he would make the lights go out in the arena, and all that stuff.

I just found what the Gravedigger character needs. Zombie Hunter Shovel gives you a shovel for a weapon.

It would also be good for a superhero, like The Shoveler from Mystery Men. wink.gif

Yeah, he was my absolute favorite, and I loved a lot in the WWF. The last time he came to town they didn't have the huge showing they were expecting - I think the weather was really bad or something; but they all made it in. I would have gone in a dog sled if I had to, but we had 4 wheel drive.

Well, The Undertaker was last, because he was the featured wrestler. Paul Bearer came out with his urn, the lights went down, we were all excited and couldn't wait for the show they always put on before the match - didn't happen.

The Undertaker walked out, leaped into the ring and stove-piped the guy and then walked out with a disgusted look on his face. I just sat there stunned, feeling like I might cry - couldn't believe he did that. It was really disappointing.

Well, this is ETN, so the crowd got pretty ugly over not getting the show they expected (and in their minds, payed for). Some of them demanded their money back and thought they might try to take on The Undertaker and Paul Bearer when they left the building. (not me, men laugh.gif )

The Undertaker said he wasn't putting on the show for such a small crowd. Well, either he was not invited back to this area for matches, or refused to come back - either way, I never got to see him again.

verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 18 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, that sucks. I wonder what was going on backstage? You never know what kind of politics are going on, and wresting is filled with egos. Netflix has a special on WCW, how it started, became hugely successful, and then crashed and burned. It was all about what went on in the business and backstage, and it was a real eye-opener.

Macho Man Randy Savage was always my favorite wrestler. I just loved his insane ramblings and crazy interviews. I did see him once live as well. A friend of mine's father had season tickets to one of the local arenas, and the WWF came by there once, and so we got to use the season tickets for free. Savage was pure awesome. Not only in the ring, but he went around to high five people before and after the fight. He was just a lot of fun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 01:32 AM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 17 2015, 07:34 PM) *

Wow, that sucks. I wonder what was going on backstage? You never know what kind of politics are going on, and wresting is filled with egos. Netflix has a special on WCW, how it started, became hugely successful, and then crashed and burned. It was all about what went on in the business and backstage, and it was a real eye-opener.

Macho Man Randy Savage was always my favorite wrestler. I just loved his insane ramblings and crazy interviews. I did see him once live as well. A friend of mine's father had season tickets to one of the local arenas, and the WWF came by there once, and so we got to use the season tickets for free. Savage was pure awesome. Not only in the ring, but he went around to high five people before and after the fight. He was just a lot of fun.

Oh, I would LOVE to see that! Oh how interesting that would be!

Randy Savage was "with" Elizabeth then, and I can't remember which big ugly wrestler was "in love" with her - he used to follow them around shouting "ELIZABETH" with a love struck look on his face. Well, Randy Savage showed up for that same show (above post) - I was really excited because I was hoping to meet Elizabeth, but she didn't come so that was another part of the show expected that we didn't get. It would be possible she couldn't come because of the weather, but Randy Savage was there, and they were supposedly together, lol.

I was really sad she died.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 01:49 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 17 2015, 05:07 PM) *

Bury that corpse might be good for a roleplay idea I have had for a while now. It is inspired by the Undertaker wrestler, who has this whole beyond the grave shtick, with coffin matches, and so on. Like Persephone, the character would have to be undead. They would use a shovel as a weapon, and would have to wear something like a long dark coat. With that mod, they could actually bury their victims.

It looks a bit Camel-footish with the pants instead of the panties, rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 18 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

Now I am going to be thinking that whenever I look at it! ohmy.gif

I found Really Real Lightgen, which adds some dynamic lights to the IC Market District at night. They look like they are coming from behind the windows of the houses, and are really atmospheric. Unfortunately it is only in the Market District, but it is still a really cool mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 18 2015, 10:43 AM) *

Now I am going to be thinking that whenever I look at it! ohmy.gif

I found Really Real Lightgen, which adds some dynamic lights to the IC Market District at night. They look like they are coming from behind the windows of the houses, and are really atmospheric. Unfortunately it is only in the Market District, but it is still a really cool mod.

BwaaHaa!

I have used Texian's or All Naturals at different times - I guess because it covers the whole game, all the houses - but to be honest, I like the appearance of this mod a little better. It looks more realistic, actually. I wonder if the author plans to do other cities as well or will give permission for another to continue with their work?

Awesome mod!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 18 2015, 03:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 18 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

I did find a bug with Really Real Lightgen. When you are inside a building in the Market District, and mouse over the door that leads back outside to the district, the name is all garbled up into nonsense. Not a deal-breaker, but odd.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 18 2015, 03:48 PM) *

I did find a bug with Really Real Lightgen. When you are inside a building in the Market District, and mouse over the door that leads back outside to the district, the name is all garbled up into nonsense. Not a deal-breaker, but odd.

That is strange, I wonder what caused that? But yeah, as long as the door still activates it isn't fatal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 18 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

I love the random look with this mod. The Market District really looks inhabited. My Oblivion load order is precarious, but I’m going to keep an eye on this for the future. Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 18 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 18 2015, 05:17 PM) *

That is strange, I wonder what caused that? But yeah, as long as the door still activates it isn't fatal.

Yes, thankfully the doors work just fine. If you see one with a name in gobbleygook, it means it goes to the market district. I wonder if somehow the name 'Market District' got garbled by the mod?

QUOTE(Grits @ May 18 2015, 05:19 PM) *

I love the random look with this mod. The Market District really looks inhabited. My Oblivion load order is precarious, but I’m going to keep an eye on this for the future. Thank you!

The lights look much better than the ones I have seen in other mods. It looks like there really is a lantern or torch somewhere behind the windows. And the randomness is nice. Some windows have lights some don't. Just like in the real world.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 18 2015, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 18 2015, 05:17 PM) *

Yes, thankfully the doors work just fine. If you see one with a name in gobbleygook, it means it goes to the market district. I wonder if somehow the name 'Market District' got garbled by the mod?

QUOTE(Grits @ May 18 2015, 05:19 PM) *

The lights look much better than the ones I have seen in other mods. It looks like there really is a lantern or torch somewhere behind the windows. And the randomness is nice. Some windows have lights some don't. Just like in the real world.

That is how the light looked to me too, instead of just looking like a glowing film on the window - and not all the windows having the same exact curtains/not every single window lit - that is a huge step toward immersion from what the predecessors Texian and All Natural started.

I like this a lot.

I wonder if the mod author had to change the name on the doors and accidently miss-spelled Market District - either after a long night or maybe English is a second language. Either way, it should be easily fixed if it is irritating, but as long as the doors work - the truth is unless I'm in a strange place I've never been, (or like coming out of one of the subsystems in Fallout 3) - the truth is I never read those anyway, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 18 2015, 11:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 19 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

Does anyone know if there is a mod for Oblivion like Possessive Corpses for Skyrim, that prevents npcs from dropping items when they die, and instead keeps everything tied to their inventory? I don't like leaving swords and shields laying around because it contributes to save game bloat.

Edit: I found one. No More Weapon Litter looks like it will keep everything tied to the npc's inventories. I will try it out today.

I also stumbled upon Dual Wield Complete, which looks rather neat. It allows you to use a second weapon offhand, and function as a shield. Nico's Dreadweave Axes had an offhand axe that acted like that. But this works with all the vanilla weapons.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 19 2015, 07:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2015, 03:49 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 19 2015, 01:28 PM) *

Does anyone know if there is a mod for Oblivion like Possessive Corpses for Skyrim, that prevents npcs from dropping items when they die, and instead keeps everything tied to their inventory? I don't like leaving swords and shields laying around because it contributes to save game bloat.

Edit: I found one. No More Weapon Litter looks like it will keep everything tied to the npc's inventories. I will try it out today.

I also stumbled upon Dual Wield Complete, which looks rather neat. It allows you to use a second weapon offhand, and function as a shield. Nico's Dreadweave Axes had an offhand axe that acted like that. But this works with all the vanilla weapons.

I generally clean up a dungeon and stuff everything I don't want to keep or sell into a dead body that I know will be absorbed when the cell resets.

One reason is that I don't like to go back to that dungeon again later and be sneaking and loudly trip over some hammer on the floor.

In dungeons like Rock Milk Cave it is almost a must to clean up when done.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 24 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Dual Wield Complete sounds like a great idea for a particular type of character. I have such a character in mind, who knows if I'll create him, though? I have way more ideas than I know what to do with!

Those wrestling stories are interesting. I once dated a wrestler, just one date, long ago in the early 90s. He wasn't famous or anything, but I got to watch him wrestle once. Was weird because he waited tables at the job we had, but at night, he would become this wrestler guy, completely different person, all dressed up in superhero clothes! .. kind of freaked me out, but it was entertaining, that's for sure.

I discovered Dragon Captions - The Elder Council? which I'm going to be using for Renee Gade III's game. I'm pretty psyched about it because it adds a LOT of content apparently, especially quests. RG3 needs lots of mod-added quests in her game. I don't do anything vanilla quest-wise with her, except the Arena.

Here's the weird thing. This Elder Council mod was originally a Giskard creation. The mod in that link is an earlier version of Giskard's mod, so I went to The Engineering Guild's website to get the latest version. But apparently, he no longer offers ANY of his mods to the public (according to his blog). It's so weird. He seems like such a brilliant guy, but very negative, and paranoid, and even offensive. I don't entirely get it.

Anyways, I'll have to use the earlier DC version, which is cool. I think the pc can rise in power with this mod, in some sort of way.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 24 2015, 04:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 30 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 24 2015, 11:27 AM) *

Dual Wield Complete sounds like a great idea for a particular type of character. I have such a character in mind, who knows if I'll create him, though? I have way more ideas than I know what to do with!

Those wrestling stories are interesting. I once dated a wrestler, just one date, long ago in the early 90s. He wasn't famous or anything, but I got to watch him wrestle once. Was weird because he waited tables at the job we had, but at night, he would become this wrestler guy, completely different person, all dressed up in superhero clothes! .. kind of freaked me out, but it was entertaining, that's for sure.

I discovered Dragon Captions - The Elder Council? which I'm going to be using for Renee Gade III's game. I'm pretty psyched about it because it adds a LOT of content apparently, especially quests. RG3 needs lots of mod-added quests in her game. I don't do anything vanilla quest-wise with her, except the Arena.

Here's the weird thing. This Elder Council mod was originally a Giskard creation. The mod in that link is an earlier version of Giskard's mod, so I went to The Engineering Guild's website to get the latest version. But apparently, he no longer offers ANY of his mods to the public (according to his blog). It's so weird. He seems like such a brilliant guy, but very negative, and paranoid, and even offensive. I don't entirely get it.

Anyways, I'll have to use the earlier DC version, which is cool. I think the pc can rise in power with this mod, in some sort of way.

I'll wait to hear your opinions, was on the fence after reading the details page.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:58 AM