5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mass Effect 3, Discussion thread
milanius
post Aug 20 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #21

Agent

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ May 6 2011, 12:55 AM) *

The best things are worth waiting for, right?

right - that's why I'll continue to wait for Neverwinter Nights 3, even if it has to be made by a bunch of drunken Ukrainian programmers in an ill-ventilated, cigarette smoke-filled room

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 26 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 20 2011, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ May 6 2011, 12:55 AM) *

The best things are worth waiting for, right?

right - that's why I'll continue to wait for Neverwinter Nights 3, even if it has to be made by a bunch of drunken Ukrainian programmers in an ill-ventilated, cigarette smoke-filled room

Are you speaking about yourself now mil? tongue.gif shame on you.

Just joking, As for me I love Bioware, the earned me 100 quid when they revealed the the Illusive Man was working with the Reapers. Strange though I would have thought my friends had started to understand that I'm clearly psychic when it comes to things like this...on a related not I keep bragging about the fact that I've held true to my oppinion that Skyrim would be released in 2011 since 2006 no one believed me and kept laughing at me...guess who had the last laugh

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 27 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Congradulations, Tellie. Now, what's the next jackpot at the lottery this month? wink.gif

I'm definitely looking forward to taking Cerberus apart in ME 3. My main Shepard was practically destined for it.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 27 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Congradulations, Tellie. Now, what's the next jackpot at the lottery this month? wink.gif

I'm definitely looking forward to taking Cerberus apart in ME 3. My main Shepard was practically destined for it.
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Jun 30 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #25

Agent

Glad they gave us the ending we deserved. Bioware cares for fans.

--------------------
"The speed and strength of the beast. The thrill of the hunt. The triumph of the kill. This is our purpose, our way of life."-Majni.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 2 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #26

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Jun 30 2012, 06:29 PM) *

Glad they gave us the ending we deserved. Bioware cares for fans.

I disagree about the ending, it felt really shallow. None of the decisions you made factored in to the end of the game. They put all that focus on your decisions and then they ended up making zero difference in the final cutscene.

In fact all three endings were basically the exact same cutscene with slightly different colored laser beams. I don't think that counts as multiple endings. Not to mention that it leaves more questions than answers.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 2 2012, 03:29 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jul 2 2012, 06:39 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

You haven't played the Extended Cut yet, have you, Kiln?With the extended cut it's actually one hell of a lot better; a great deal of questions are answered, a lot of the original plot holes are filled in and it generally makes a lot more sense. I really liked it, myself.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 2 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #28

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jul 2 2012, 05:39 AM) *

You haven't played the Extended Cut yet, have you, Kiln?With the extended cut it's actually one hell of a lot better; a great deal of questions are answered, a lot of the original plot holes are filled in and it generally makes a lot more sense. I really liked it, myself.

I'll have to try it but honestly, I doubt it'll make it up to me after all this time. I just know that the stock ending made me wish I hadn't bought the game, despite all the fun I had getting there.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Jul 3 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

EC at least answers my main question regarding the ending (mainly WTF was Joker doing in a relay jump in the middle of a huge fight) but a lot of the minor choices are apparently irrelevant it's still the same three choices though we now apparently have a refusal option, but that doesn't help that much either.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 3 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

SO BE IT!!! Well, one of the defining science fiction entries of the early 21st century is over. It was fun while it lasted.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 5 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #31

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Wow, I've gotta say that I can now endorse buying Mass Effect 3. After playing through all of the multiple endings that now have much larger differences than the color of a laser beam, I can say that the ending is now about 10,000x better since the extended edition was released.

They tie up several of the questions that I had and made the ending feel much more complete than before. It wasn't as comprehensive as I'd hoped but it went a long way towards my need for closure in one of the best series of all time.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 5 2012, 08:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jul 6 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

See! It wasn't so bad! nono.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 7 2012, 01:10 AM
Post #33

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jul 6 2012, 01:46 PM) *

See! It wasn't so bad! nono.gif

It was extremely bad with the original ending.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Nov 22 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

I quit playing after the crap ending. I was angry. I was livid. I could have gotten a college degree with the amount of hours I put into that game, and felt jipped. I could have bought other things with the money I spent on the game and the add-ons and DLC. I invested my time and money in it because I thought it would have an amazing and satisfying ending. Did I expect my Shepherd to go live with Thane on the Citadel and raise little adopted kids? No. But I at LEAST expected it to not have an ending like "And then everything exploded and the Krogan ate everyone. The end."

That being said, it is still one of my most favorite games. And once I get over being a big crybaby, I will play, from the beginning, until the very end with the new stuff at the end.

But I will never be buying anything else from Bioware ever again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Nov 23 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #35

Finder
Group Icon

Synthesis and control have a decent closure, though synthesis just makes no sense at all.
But destroy? Especially the good destroy ending, you're left with a 3 second reward for all your hardwork, the mods over at the forum said that it meant that there was hope that Shep and their LI would meet again, but your talking about the last game with Shep, I don't want hope or a head canon, I want the downright yes or no. I would have been happy with a written epilogue!

They should have kept the original dark matter plot, less variables for future games.

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Nov 23 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

Well someone pointed out that the explosion from the Mass Relays being destroyed would kill all life, period. So since all relays were destroyed(in the original ending, I don't know about the new one just yet) they would wipe out all life, no matter what. And even in the off chance that they didn't, if you saved the Krogans, they would most likely eat everyone. No one has any way to get home from Earth. Quarians and Turians would starve and die because of their diets/immune systems, whatever is left of the Asari MAY survive because Asari are awesome, but humans don't stand a chance against Krogans who eat a lot and live as long as Asari. Any ending I can think of is depressing.

The dark matter made more sense and gave a little insight as to why the Reapers were doing what they were doing. Instead they're like "Well you're too advanced so boo-hoo, you're dead."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 7 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

Is mass-effect 3 a good game? I want to try it out, but I want to know if its worth buying or renting.

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 7 2013, 07:17 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 7 2013, 07:32 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

You'd have to buy the first and second one to understand what's going on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 7 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

I just started playing this game, and I find the camera very annoying. Also, why does switching my weapon cause my character to leave cover?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 7 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

In the 3rd game? I never noticed that it did that D:

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:15 PM