4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clash of the Titans.
Taillus
post Mar 15 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I just saw this sort of thing posted in the RP section and I really think its a great idea! Pit all of the characters we have developed here against one another. It would all be just for fun and there should be no sore losers. Each participating writer should give a vivid description and very quick background giving insight to those who have yet to read through everyone's fics. From there battles can be decided by a voting process.

I really liked the idea of Hircine ripping our characters from our current location for his enjoyment. I would love to see how many people are all for this cause I know I am.

If we all worked the details of this out it could really take off. Maybe have one writer that isn't directly involved in the current battle narrate the events. (Eg. Have Trey write up the battle between Oasis and me..) It seriously has potential.

Remember this isn't my idea, It was actually started on the RP section. I just thought I would take it over here too to see if it would fly.

This post has been edited by Taillus: Mar 15 2006, 12:37 AM

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 15 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Evoker

Taillus, this is a pretty good idea, whether you came up with it or no. I would be all for this one. Sirin could use quite the workout. Doesn't get much action just sitting around in a fanfic, ya know. Plus, it would make for a nice breed of fanfic: interchanging of the stories in a grand, climactic clash. Let's do it.

This post has been edited by Sirin: Mar 15 2006, 01:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 15 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Alright, I'm in. But first give me some time to save, ok?

Ahem, Luper Alkad (Oasis for friends). Is an aproximately 23 years old Redguard. Though he doesn't know his biological parents, it doesn't really bother him. He was raised by a couple of smugglers and learned the tricks of the trade on a boat.

That changed when he was eight. The Imperials caught up with his boat and a big fight between the smugglers and the Legionaires started. In panic, he fried one of the Imperials with a big fireball.

The Imperials won the fight, and everyone was braught to a prison. The punishment for the smugglers was execution with the exception of Luper, who was too young to be held responsible for his actions. But killing someone with an oversized fireball wasn't something that's easily forgotten so they threw him in jail to rot for the rest of his life.

He was released a few years later, having spent more than half his life in prison. The resulting person seems to be a bit rebellious and doesn't respond too well to authority, instead preferring to make up all kinds of weird stories to get what he wants.

When in Morrowind, he came in contact with the spymaster Caius Cosades. Though at first he was openly hostile, he has warmed up a bit since that time as well as having made a few friends in the mage guild.

In combat (that's what this is all about, right?) he wields all kinds of Long blades as well as a surprising amount of magic. A surprising amount for a Redguard, that is. His preferred method of fighting is by using all kinds of tricks to give him the advantage and he doesn't care about things such as honour or fair play.

Weapons: (chose from the list, I've put in all the weapons he used in the fic by now.)
Iron Saber
Steel Katana
Iron Sparksword
Silver CLaymore

armour: Medium armours, either Bonemold or Orcish.

Spells:
Levitate
Telekinesis
Greater Fireball
small icebolt
paralysis
and a bucketload of different kinds of healing spells.
Edit: forgot to add waterwalking and Waterbreathing to the list. He also knows Mark, Recall and Soultrap, but those won't really help. Oh yeah, a low level chameleon spell, but he prefers the amulet of Shadows.
And the Scimitar was a Saber. Sorry about that.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 15 2006, 06:27 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 15 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

I'llpost Telina later....but if I was to go against someone, and have a balanced battle, Telina would have to fight either Sudhendra or Serene, as I think all of those three would be a clash between titans, and there is actually no way telling who would win....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 15 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

OK...here we go.........

Telina Delvanni...called Tellie by friends ( not to many of those yet sad.gif ), was raised by the Dark Brotherhood, as she was sold to them when she was only a couple of months old.

She was eventually betrayd by some jelaous master in the Brotherhood, and thrown in jail after a failed assassination atempt. In jail, she spent three and a half years of her life, and she was constantly beaten up by other inmate as well as the guards, so you might say she has lost ALL respect of the imperials.

She was suddenly exiled to Morrowind, where she met Caius Cosades an imperial spymaster....since he was an imperial, she left him as soon as possible, and joined up in the great house Telvanni, on the godess Azuras bidding. There she befriended the Wizard Baladas, who thaught her up, and after a little while, she had started to get quite a collection of legendary artefacts.

She is one of the better telepathists in the world, and she somehow learns spells without exercising them ( the reasons she learns some powerfull spells without exercising on them, will be revealed in the next update at my story).

She have an uncanny ability to get into trouble...heck she even treatned the Arch-Magister of the house, that combined with her bad luck and somewhat destructive curiousity, often gets her in major problems.

But her powerfull intellect makes her able of extreme acts of willpower, such as telepathy, and that often makes up for her poorer fighting skills. In combat, she relies on the element of surprise, combined with magic to survive...I mean she had troubles of killing a skeleton, but she managed to take on three redoran soldiers...simply beacuse she had the element of surprise.

In a arena fight she would fare bad, if she wasnt allowed to use spells, and in some arenas she cant use her best spells, as they have to high an damage radius.

She have a total disrespect for autorities, and will often kill an imperial....if she can get away with it...she have a complete lack of diplomacy sence, and combine that with her big attitude, and love for nasty insults, she can quite often be seen fighting a person, who if she had been polite could have avoided to fight...but thats just not her way.

Weapons:Twin ebony shortswords...they will come in her possession, in my next update actually.LOTS of throwable stuff.

Armour:Full Dark Brotherhood...minus the helmet.

Spells:
Divine bolt of lightning
Electrocution.
blast of lightning.
shocking grasp.
root.
strenght of the earth.
stoneskin.
entangeling vines.
hardned skin.
blizzard.
frozen hell.
blast of frost.
chilling touch.
Levitate.
Telephaty.
And many other nasties.

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Mar 18 2006, 09:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 15 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Alright folks now we're talking! This is going to be some event. So if anyone has any ideas on how this would work better please say so but until further notice:

this will be a tournament hosted by the Daedric Prince Hircine, who has ripped all of our chatacters out of time and pits us all against one another to see who would be victorious. This is not to prove who is "Strongest" it is simply a for fun event. Whatever happens in this tournament will have no impact on what happens in each writer's fic.

Two characters will face of per event in a one on one, no holds barred battle. A single, or team of writers will be chosen to describe the battle but cannot be a writer for a participating character (Eg... Oasis would write a battle between Taillus and Trey.)

The winner will be decided by a voting process and voters should take in consideration what each character is like and what his/her strengths and weakness are, try not to base a decision on how much you like a fanfic.

*Remember if anyone thinks of a rule or an idea please don't hesitate to let everyone know.. And move this to the Role Playing section if it deserves to be there smile.gif *

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 15 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Here he is...

user posted image

simply known as Taillus, he is a man that was raised by a well respected knight in Cyrodiil but was beaten daily by the closet alcoholic. When Taillus retaliated and killed the noble, he was sent to a labor prison and worked building outposts and buildings for the Imperial Legion.
He was released in Morrowind because of his fiery spirit and impressive strength in hopes that he would join the blades and work for Caius Cossades but he quickly took his own path.

When he was eventually betrayed by a new friend as they visited a Deadric ruin, Taillus was taken in by the Daedric Prince Molag Bal. He was recruited as a Harvester of Souls in Morrowind and was instructed to kill its entire population.
He has recently emerged from the Shrine of Molag Bal with newly acquired magicka, strength and power that was never thought possible for a mortal to possess.

Despite his overwhelming power and magical abilities, he is very headstrong and cocky. He underestimates everyone he faces and the constant arguing with Molag Bal who contacts him often and through telepathy distracts him.

Taillus uses a custom suit of silver and ebony armor that he has abandoned the chest piece and all armor covering his left arm. He uses no helm and he hides beneath a deep blue extravagant hooded robe. This makes him much more agile but drastically less protected.

His main weapon is the mace of Molag Bal which, when coupled with his newest souls that power him, makes for a devistating swing that can shatter most weak to moderate weapons and shields.

He also favors an ebony broadsword that he leaves strapped to his back. He has two amulets around his neck, one that houses his trapped souls that give him power and the other is loaded with both mark and recall spells.

Lastly, Taillus has a small lot of (usable) magicka. He has strong weapon and armor eater spells, a Dire Noise spell that allows the moans and howls of tormented souls that have been trapped by Taillus to comunicate with the target causing confusion and pain. He can also summon daedroths and has weak, but still developing telekinesis....

This post has been edited by Taillus: Mar 19 2006, 12:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 15 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

Well my character is pretty much of a rookie (heck, he's only killed two people so far!) and wouldn't fare well in a fight with someone better trained, like Jonacin for example or Trey. Despite all of these things Arthago will be participating in the clash of the Titans.

Arthago was born in the quiet village of Vulnim Gate, son to a peasant girl and a knight. His father soon died when Arthago was younger and his mother was forced to take a job at the local tavern. She died too after catching a disease from a traveller. After beeing left an orphan, Arthago decided to head off to Sentinel and make a name for himself as a knight.

Once he arrived he was treated with disrespect and was given a task to prove himself as a knight. He was suposed to go off to some town on the fringe of the Alik'r desert and kill a traitor to the order. Things went acording to plans and the traitor killed himself in the end. Arthago brought the treasure that the traitor had stolen from the order back to Sentinel and received some armour as a reward. His next task was to fight in a duel with some noble demanding some land. He proceded to the noble's estate and fought his champion, Raccan.

After a hard battle, Raccan lay dead in the sand of the arena to Arthago's feet. Arthago then made his way back to Sentinel to receive his reward. Arthago doesn't have a very complex fighting style. He doesn't use dirty tricks as some do and doesn't know anything about magic. His weapon of choice is a steel scimitar. He doesn't have too much armour, a cuirass, a pair of pauldrons and a steel helm with adequate vision. I wish Arthago and all the others luck in this great competition.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 16 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #9

Evoker

Sirin Kalimian. Steel Katana. No armor, save steel gauntlets, which he commonly uses as weapons or defense. Works under his own steam as a bringer of order and balance. Nimble and acrobatic, tends to search for a weakness in his enemies before he strikes. Born and raised in Hammerfell, but decided to travel various provinces of Tamriel. *SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU READ ANIMA DI NEREZZA, DON'T READ THIS!* Sworn enemy of Mabriel Tan'yadiel, who threatens to undo the very order that Sirin has fought for.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 17 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hey guys! When I get home on my own comp,I´ll post the greatest of them all.....Serene!! evillol.sml.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 17 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

We have a nice growing list here. When do we start?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 17 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Mar 17 2006, 10:19 PM)
Hey guys! When I get home on my own comp,I´ll post the greatest of them all.....Serene!! evillol.sml.gif

Hmmm....are you sure on this..what about Telina...we have only started to see her powers...but I guess none of us can never say never.... smile.gif

But I do think that Telina...OR Serene would top the list...oh nad Sudhenra also actually.. biggrin.gif, A female can beat any man...if she is shrew enough... tongue.gif , your own words minkey.... evillol.sml.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 17 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

well I think we should get started here in just a little while. I want to give any newcomers a chance to enter as well. But we need to decide an order of who is fighting who, anyone wanna set that up? We will also have to design a prologue of why we are all doing this so if anyone wants to help with that we could get started in no time. I can't wait to have this take off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 18 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #14

Forum Bard
Group Icon

So this is basically moderator combat only its between forum members right? The fight is done by other members voting on who they think would prevail in a fight? If it is then I'll gladly enter Kiln into it but I'll wait for confirmation since I might be misunderstanding something.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 18 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

it could go one of two ways:

* Forum members vote on the current fight and decide who they think would win the battle. (Based on characters and their traits, not how well the character's fanfic is written) Then a fanfic writer (or writers) that do not own one of the competing characters in said battle will describe the battle as they see fit.
This will be nice in the sense we can see our characters in battles not created by us and also we can use some characters that we are not familiar with giving us a break from our own work.

* The other option could be the same idea but a battle could be typed up to a certain point, again by an author (or authors) that do not own the current characters and the ending could be decided by voting, followd by a written end of the battle showing who won and how based on the votes.

Remember that I am not bossing over this thread or this idea and at any point the rules can be changed. If anyone thinks that we should be doing this differently please post saying so. I want this to be an amazing event!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 18 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #16

Evoker

So.... when do we start?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 18 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I say we start now! No time like the present but we need to decide who is facing who...

This post has been edited by Taillus: Mar 18 2006, 12:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 18 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #18

Forum Bard
Group Icon

If its not too late then I'll enter Kiln into it, if this contest is closed then oh well I just posted for nothing. laugh.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Kiln
Race: Dark Elf

Kiln was native born on Morrowind and raised by his parents until a series of events unfolded leaving both of his parents dead, causing him to set off on his own in his early teenage years. Years of self education and combat experience make Kiln intelligent and arrogant.

Many years of his life were consumed by a quest that he found involving a red journal found in an ancestral tomb during one of his countless adventures. From then on out he slowly grew further and further away from his occupation as a thief and grew better and better in the arts of combat strategy, always relying on luck and speed to keep him alive.

Kiln's weakness for alcohol tends to get him in over his head but he never drinks before a fight, after learning from experience that liquor does not highten the senses.

His extensive use of the shield and sword make him a worthy adversary, though lacking in strength, he makes up for this in intelligence and agility, exercising quick thought, strategy and maneuverability as a primary tactic during combat.

Equipment: Carries a steel shield,steel longsword with a golden handle (which has been passed down through his family for generations), and his trusty iron chestplate which has helped him to survive many battles.

Hope thats good, best of luck to everyone and lets have no sore losers as Taillus said. goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by Kiln: Mar 18 2006, 07:38 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 18 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Oh I can't wait to get this started! Welcome in Kiln!!! Lets figure out who is facing who in the beginning rounds..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 18 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #20

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ Mar 18 2006, 12:30 AM)
Oh I can't wait to get this started! Welcome in Kiln!!! Lets figure out who is facing who in the beginning rounds..

How exactly do you think we should decide? Just pick two random people who joined I guess...I dunno. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:43 AM