> What are you playing?
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 18 2018, 03:01 AM
Post #3221

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 17 2018, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 16 2018, 06:48 PM) *

It also became Christmas during my playthrough yesterday or the day before, so there was the nice touch of Christmas lights around Diamond City. Which reminds me of how much I've been wanting holidays to come back to TES, as we haven't had them since Daggerfall. Hopefully this is a sign that that will happen in TESVI.

IIRC Oblivion was supposed to bring back Holidays as well as seasons but apparently the concept was axed because they didn't think people would play long enough to see them?

When I was just getting into TES I remember reading an article on Oblivion mentioning that certain alchemy reagents would show up and disappear based on different months, and then picking every Summer Bolete I saw when I got back to the game because "I won't see them for a long time!" Took a while for me to learn that it wasn't part of the final game. :v

So hey, maybe they will bring them back in TES VI

Khajiit would love to see these things in TES6!

In unrelated gaming news...
Battletech drops NEXT WEEK!!!!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 18 2018, 03:19 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 18 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #3222

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 17 2018, 10:26 PM) *

IIRC Oblivion was supposed to bring back Holidays as well as seasons but apparently the concept was axed because they didn't think people would play long enough to see them?

Yeah, I don't think 11 years would be enough rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 21 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #3223

Mouth
Group Icon

In my past few sessions of Fallout 4 something has really started to bug me, and it's regarding faction questlines. Doing stuff for the Railroad and the Minutemen has largely become a chore, and it feels like you are just being an errand boy (well, my character is female, so I guess errand girl) repeating the same thing. There is little variety to helping out settlements for the Minutemen, or for stuff like checking out safehouses for the Railroad. It would be nice to have something new thrown into the mix with the same type of quest so it isn't so repetitive, like having some unexpected twist (e.g. somebody with the Railroad betrayed their safehouse to the Institute) or something lore-related thrown in or some truly unique location in some way, etc.

Now I understand some of the criticisms of factions in Fallout 4, such as "another settlement needs your help," and to some extent, I agree. For the Minutemen in particular, if you are the head honcho why are you constantly the one having orders given to by Preston? At least give the feeling that other members of the Minutemen are going around helping out too instead of it feeling like it is just your character doing everything.

Also, regarding the Railroad, I am trying to complete a couple of quests by turning them into Desdemona but she just keeps hassling me to join the Railroad. Problem is I don't want to, and I'm trying to stick with the Minutemen. If I tell her I am sticking with them, does the Railroad questline end? At this point, part of me just wants to just finally take it to the Institute and be through with it, and forget what the Railroad thinks.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 21 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #3224

Ancient
Group Icon

I think you are getting only the generic radiant quests because you do have to join the factions to get the real quests. I think you can join the Railroad and still do the entire Minutemen questline. I think they are the only two factions that can co-exist. But I am not sure.

You can destroy the Institute with any faction. After completing Institutionalized, follow it up by planting the signal interceptor for any of the factions you are part of. Each faction has a different named quest for that. Then follow that line through to The Nuclear Option.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 22 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #3225

Spam Meister
Group Icon

While the other guy I posted playing Doom 2016 was incredible, this guy is insane! I can't watch fast enough to even see what he's doing half the time! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 22 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #3226

Master
Group Icon

Still slaving away at my first Transport Fever free-mode generated map. Getting better at it, but have lots to learn, even some basics. The last of my first-gen steam locos reached their "end of service" point and were replaced by more advanced steam engines. I thought about adding a mod that removes end-of-availability dates for vehicles so they remain purchasable forever, but in truth don't miss those first-gen locos. The locos I run now are another matter. Might well add the mod before too long. I definitely plan to add Time Warp, which terminates "some" technical advancement at a user configured date. It's not perfect. Things like buildings are ignored. I'm thinking 1928 or 1932/5, which keeps me comfortably within the steam era yet allows early electric and very early diesel.

Addendum:
Gah! Was observing a newly purchased loco on its next-to-maiden voyage when a warning message informed me of two trains facing each other nose to nose. What a mess that turned out to be. Took 45+ minutes to straighten it out. The cause was an error of mine in placing a signal at a station entrance. That signal would have been OK where it was, if all trains using that track passed through the station in the same direction. However, this is one of my map's more congested, complicated stations. Most trains pass through it using two tracks, each dedicated to a different direction. One train line converges a bit before the station, so that one track covers BOTH directions for a short distance. I had forgotten this when placing that signal. My error led to BOTH trains being in the same "block" headed straight toward each other.

Getting the two trains untangled was hassle. In the end I realized I could move the one train' line convergence point so that it could switch to its proper track. The convergence point makes more sense where I moved it, so the SNAFU wasn't a complete downer.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Apr 22 2018, 09:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #3227

Ancient
Group Icon

To get in the mood for BattleTech, which drops tomorrow, Khajiit has been playing MechWarrior4: Mercenaries. Here’s a couple of sample pics:

Mechs in the hunt.

Gladiator Machine

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 23 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #3228

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2018, 02:43 PM) *

To get in the mood for BattleTech, which drops tomorrow, Khajiit has been playing MechWarrior4: Mercenaries. Here’s a couple of sample pics:

Mechs in the hunt.

Gladiator Machine

Are those Kitfoxes? It has been so long since I played a mech game I don't remember.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #3229

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 23 2018, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2018, 02:43 PM) *

Mechs in the hunt.

Gladiator Machine

Are those Kitfoxes? It has been so long since I played a mech game I don't remember.

In the first pic, the mech on the right behind the one front and center is a KitFox! The red one in the foreground is the mech Khajiit is piloting, and it’s called a Puma. The rest of the Star (name for a mech squad of 5 mechs) consists of 2 Cougars and a HellSpawn (way in the back).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 23 2018, 10:22 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #3230

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Khajiit! I am waiting for more VtM:B updates!

*hires mALX to tap foot*

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #3231

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2018, 09:43 AM) *

Khajiit! I am waiting for more VtM:B updates!

*hires mALX to tap foot*

Lol, well Khajiit has a little bit before he can download BattleTech. This one will play some to kill time.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 24 2018, 04:13 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #3232

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oops. Don't wanna force Khajiit to play. I just thought he had done some playing but neglected to update me.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2018, 04:27 PM
Post #3233

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2018, 10:14 AM) *

Oops. Don't wanna force Khajiit to play. I just thought he had done some playing but neglected to update me.. biggrin.gif

Brigitte is currently telling Abrams the guy didn’t have the film and is about to head to the cemetery.

Found the tape and but it’s incomplete. Now she must ask around to see if she can find a copy.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 24 2018, 05:04 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 25 2018, 04:15 AM
Post #3234

Ancient
Group Icon

So Khajiit got BATTLETECH downloaded, but has only gotten to play it for maybe two hours. Well don’t you know the game has a character creator so of course it took this one more than an hour playing around with those settings. The first part of the game acts as a bit of a tutorial that, gets you familiar with the game’s basic functions. It was fun, but either Khajiit didn’t pay enough attention or the intro didn’t do a very good job of explaining how to read things like a weapon’s damage, and the amount of damage mechs and other combat entities are taking. This one is going to spend all morning with it tomorrow so hopefully Khajiit will have a better understanding of the game’s UI.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 26 2018, 03:23 AM
Post #3235

Master
Group Icon

I got TES: Online re-downloaded to my PC. Time to return to the world of TESO as soon as it downloads.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 26 2018, 03:42 AM
Post #3236

Paladin
Group Icon

Reaper, we've missed you! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 26 2018, 04:16 AM
Post #3237

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 25 2018, 09:42 PM) *

Reaper, we've missed you! tongue.gif

Thanks. I've would have been on sooner but I was having issues with the TESO sight till I found out my Ad Blocker was causing issues. I'll be on probably tomorrow.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 26 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #3238

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2018, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2018, 10:14 AM) *

Brigitte is currently telling Abrams the guy didn’t have the film and is about to head to the cemetery.

Found the tape and but it’s incomplete. Now she must ask around to see if she can find a copy.

Ugh.. I remember last time I played this game. I just rushed through this part so I could get to Chinatown biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 26 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #3239

Master
Group Icon

I'm baaaaaack!!!

IPB Image

Loot Boxes Invading Tamriel I see.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 26 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #3240

Mouth
Group Icon

^Your mount is currently on fire. Also, yeah, mostly cosmetics but that's how they hook ya.

==

Anyways, I'm on my...third play through...of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I love the game okay. It makes me sad that we probably won't see another game like it again, especially since Nintendo copyrighted the sanity bar and the hallucination effects (though I guess there is wiggle room?).

Also the game gives me a sort of...computer adventure game feel? But in third person.
Both the gameplay and the general aesthetic remind me of that and it's really great.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 160 161 162 163 164 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:26 AM