Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Jun 27 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #1541

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 26 2017, 03:42 PM) *

All I can feel is sweet, sweet release. Who thought it was a good idea to have crafting stations in a PvP hellhole? Having them in the middle of remote hellholes is bad enough. At least fulfilling Master Writs will be less stressful now.

And with that, the daily crafting writ frenzy ends. The Squad's moved into their individual homes and will be leaving Strident Springs Demense pretty lonely for a while until the need to stack up on writs returns. That said, doors are still open for those that need the IC stations for whatever reason.
I never did fully furnish the place. Ah well, I wouldn't be done until I had a banker anyways.

Guess now I'll just focus on getting the gold decoration recipes. Shooting for Poison Cabinet and fur table first. Also some research scrolls.

Also, since it seems I'll be spending some time on the project a little longer, I thought i'd give a sneak peek at what I got so far. (Warning: the image is HUGE)

Awesome that you got the IC stations !!! I have seriously thought about getting some of the attunable tables for our guild hall; it might help if we have enough members doing master writs! Also, would love to get those working mundus stones too, but at 4000 crowns a piece = not likely to end up with more than one or two. I am hoping they eventually open them up onto the Master Writ program so we can get them easier.

Oh, and I should have the banker installed at the guild hall by our next guild meet !!!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 27 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #1542

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, congratulations!! The kindness of others is the only way Elke will ever fill IC set Master Writs. Sending crafters through a PvP area makes no sense to me. I appreciate your stations very much! Awesome sneak peek at the squad in Coldharbour. For now I will hold my questions. laugh.gif

Speaking of Master Writs, Jerric got another one, so now he has a grand total of… 4 vouchers. Lol. Maybe when Elke gets all traits researched, she will at least get some more writs to work with. At this point the crew is collecting them two at a time from Lleduri’s Alchemy and Enchanting.

mALX, congrats on the banker!! What a huge convenience, thank you so much! Jerric did some cooking there the other day. It will be awesome for him to make provisions and then simply hand them to Tythis for distribution.

Jerric has been adventuring in Reaper’s March with an eye on local real estate. He just completed a quest that gave him a heartbreaking decision to make. Hats off to the writers who made him care so much and also crafted a scenario where he actually was the right one to make such an important judgment call.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 27 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #1543

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 26 2017, 05:38 PM) *

You scale to all content, so level doesn't much matter, and main quest stuff is supposed to be easy since it's designed for the majority of players. As Acadian said, just do everything in coldharbour and then feel free to jump in and kick Molag's Bals. tongue.gif

Haha, I definitely will do that in the near future. I know a lot of stuff is leveled, but I was thinking (and somewhat hoping) that his level wouldn't be entirely dependent on mine. I am fine with leveled content and advocate for the inclusion of such, but there is a fine line and it seems that too much in ESO is level-scaled, IMO.

Oh well. Molag Bal's day of reckoning will soon be at hand.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 28 2017, 02:54 AM
Post #1544

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 27 2017, 08:06 AM) *

Jerric has been adventuring in Reaper’s March with an eye on local real estate. He just completed a quest that gave him a heartbreaking decision to make. Hats off to the writers who made him care so much and also crafted a scenario where he actually was the right one to make such an important judgment call.

I was just talking with a friend about how quite a few quests thrust all the important decisions on you and there will often be very little justification for, but if I'm right about which quest you're referring to then I have to admit this is one of the times where outside input was important and TOTALLY justified. Hell, even Jo wasn't sure of his decision.

I also really, REALLY liked the throwback to a similar quest back in Khenarthi's Roost (which was eventually solved off-screen). Nice bookends for the Aldmeri Dominion questline. Loved it. I WILL say that I wish those characters made more than one cameo before Reaper's March. I felt like the Reaper's March arc was a little...separated from the rest otherwise. But that's just me. AD is my favorite alliance questline of them all either way.

==

So after grinding in the Public Dungeons, Fjotreid finally reached level 50. Now he can start getting actual useful armor and weapon drops. :U Also he can go after the treasure maps he's been saving up. It probably wont' mean Buoyant Armiger motifs regardless of level but again, set armor pieces. I guess.

He's also donned the fancy Warden costume to hide said armor pieces as a symbol of his growth since he arrived in Vvardenfell. He's gotta be like...19 now? I lost track of how much time's passed in the Squad's world. :T Either way, Skyshard gathering outside of Vvardenfell is next. He's decided to join the Undaunted for a while, at least for delve exploration, so it's a good excuse as any.

Oh! I also found out the weirdly equal Weapon and Spell damage stats were due to 1T scaling. On some level I guess I'm glad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2017, 03:26 AM
Post #1545

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 27 2017, 09:06 AM) *

monkey, congratulations!! The kindness of others is the only way Elke will ever fill IC set Master Writs. Sending crafters through a PvP area makes no sense to me. I appreciate your stations very much! Awesome sneak peek at the squad in Coldharbour. For now I will hold my questions. laugh.gif

Speaking of Master Writs, Jerric got another one, so now he has a grand total of… 4 vouchers. Lol. Maybe when Elke gets all traits researched, she will at least get some more writs to work with. At this point the crew is collecting them two at a time from Lleduri’s Alchemy and Enchanting.

mALX, congrats on the banker!! What a huge convenience, thank you so much! Jerric did some cooking there the other day. It will be awesome for him to make provisions and then simply hand them to Tythis for distribution.

The banker is in! WOO HOO !!!!

If you are referring to the quest I think you are, that one left me feeling so unsettled and unsure of whether the decision I made was the correct one or not. Maybe there is no correct one, but I agree with you = hugely touching questline, and I didn't expect that in a place like Reapers March! It was pretty Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 28 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #1546

Mouth
Group Icon

I've decided to take the advice given here and just plunge into wrecking house in Coldharbour, after freeing my fellow Saxhleel in Murkwater from the Dominion. Already came across a quest to free some Fighters' Guild members from some labor camp, and came across a Dremora that I recognized from the Ebonheart Pact questline. Coldharbour looks like it has plenty for me to do to go up a couple levels.

A kind of annoying thing that happened was that while I was in Stormhold yesterday I went and bought a new staff because the staff I had was weakening and a lower level...only to come across a way better staff off of an Ogrim I killed in that labor camp. I'm not hurting for money, but it was still a decent chunk of money I spent so it is a bit bothersome. Oh well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #1547

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 28 2017, 09:09 AM) *

I've decided to take the advice given here and just plunge into wrecking house in Coldharbour, after freeing my fellow Saxhleel in Murkwater from the Dominion. Already came across a quest to free some Fighters' Guild members from some labor camp, and came across a Dremora that I recognized from the Ebonheart Pact questline. Coldharbour looks like it has plenty for me to do to go up a couple levels.

A kind of annoying thing that happened was that while I was in Stormhold yesterday I went and bought a new staff because the staff I had was weakening and a lower level...only to come across a way better staff off of an Ogrim I killed in that labor camp. I'm not hurting for money, but it was still a decent chunk of money I spent so it is a bit bothersome. Oh well.

Khajiit never bought any gear for any of his characters. Next time you find yourself in that situation, simply ask one of us if we could make you a cool weapon/piece of armor. This one speaks only for himself when he says he won't charge you for his services, but mALX never charged Khajiit for anything either.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 28 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #1548

Paladin
Group Icon

I quite enjoyed Coldharbour and its questing, which kind of surprised me since it looks kind of depressing and not at all 'wood elfy'. Lol.

Sounds like you are on the right track, Rader. I recommend leisurely explore/quest the SW part of the map like you are doing. Then do the SE part of the map. Then when that is all done, the game will nudge you into the upper portion of the map.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #1549

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit found Coldharbour's quests really fun and he was surprised at how darkly beautiful the place was despite all of the torture/brutality nastiness.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 28 2017, 08:21 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 28 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #1550

Paladin
Group Icon

Last time we went through CH, Buffy was in her sorceress aura - accompanied by her clannfear and matriarch twilight. I finally clued in on all that eerily pretty blue water being 'the waters of Oblvion' from which Daedra spawn and that was the reason both her summons are that bluish color. Neat.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 29 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #1551

Mouth
Group Icon

Did anybody have trouble with the server last night? Like around 8:15-8:30 EST (my time zone)? Because I started to lag a bit and then it got really bad. It wouldn't let me log off since I was still technically in a fight with a Dremora (it'd be a bit annoying if I died and had no idea). Eventually it just kicked me out. I couldn't even log back onto the server. My Internet was fine and the ESO launcher loaded the game without issue, and another multiplayer game that I decided to play worked just fine. It was just the megaserver for me, so I was wondering if others had the same issue.

So I didn't get to spend much time playing yesterday, but Cincinnatus finished up at the Tower of Lies and is on his way to the Library of Dusk now.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 28 2017, 10:34 AM) *

Khajiit never bought any gear for any of his characters. Next time you find yourself in that situation, simply ask one of us if we could make you a cool weapon/piece of armor. This one speaks only for himself when he says he won't charge you for his services, but mALX never charged Khajiit for anything either.

Yeah, but I don't want to make people give me free stuff frequently. I also felt I needed it right then, although I had a feeling that I might run across a staff in some loot. No biggie though. Thanks for the offer. I'll just ask next time.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jun 29 2017, 01:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 29 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #1552

Paladin
Group Icon

The server worked fine for me last night but I noticed on the ESO official forums that quite a few PC NA folks were having problems. Zenimax eventually posted that there were indeed problems for some users and indicated they were trying to fix. I noticed this morning that Zenimax said problem fixed and didn't notice any user complaints continuing this morning. So, yes, I think there was a server problem last night.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 29 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #1553

Mouth
Group Icon

While leveling, it's better to just use looted gear than constantly buying or crafting it unless you GOTTA have a set for some reason. You also spend less money on repairs that way, since you're constantly replacing old gear.

Anyways, yeah, Coldharbour's great for last-minute leveling. I think I hit veteran levels while questing there, too.

Can't say I was hit with any server issues, but then I barely played last night.

Anyways, OH MY GOD I cackled tbh.

Oh right, i started the art thread ahead of time.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 29 2017, 09:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #1554

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 29 2017, 03:14 PM) *

Oh geez.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 30 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #1555

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 28 2017, 10:34 AM) *

Yeah, unless someone wants Nirnhoned or Prismatic - I will never charge for making equipment for a Guild mate or friend; and can make almost any set.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 29 2017, 09:30 AM) *

The server worked fine for me last night but I noticed on the ESO official forums that quite a few PC NA folks were having problems. Zenimax eventually posted that there were indeed problems for some users and indicated they were trying to fix. I noticed this morning that Zenimax said problem fixed and didn't notice any user complaints continuing this morning. So, yes, I think there was a server problem last night.

I heard several people having issues with it crashing repeatedly last night.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 29 2017, 04:14 PM) *

While leveling, it's better to just use looted gear than constantly buying or crafting it unless you GOTTA have a set for some reason. You also spend less money on repairs that way, since you're constantly replacing old gear.

Anyways, yeah, Coldharbour's great for last-minute leveling. I think I hit veteran levels while questing there, too.

Can't say I was hit with any server issues, but then I barely played last night.

Well, with Misa I crafted and improved sets for her every 10 levels. Crafting is easy and cheap; and the armors can either be handed down to other lower level characters or ground up to get the mats back if you need room in your inventory.

* Ooh, I will search out that art thread!

** BWAAHAA! 4th of July comes to Tamriel?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 30 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #1556

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 29 2017, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 29 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Well, with Misa I crafted and improved sets for her every 10 levels. Crafting is easy and cheap; and the armors can either be handed down to other lower level characters or ground up to get the mats back if you need room in your inventory.

* Ooh, I will search out that art thread!

** BWAAHAA! 4th of July comes to Tamriel?

Having one character handle it does make it a lot more appealing.
When I was leveling the Squad eons ago, I had to jump around to craft some things and though I had plenty of materials on hand, looking at loading screens got old :V I still did it.

While leveling Fjotreid I stuck to one crafter because story, but if it wasn't for Training traits being mandatory for him, he'd stick to dropped gear.

I think my favorite part of the holiday dyes is that it has Canadian colors called "Maple Heritage"

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 30 2017, 06:02 AM
Post #1557

Ancient
Group Icon

Hey Monkey, Khajiit has a question for you. What does the Mazzatun medium "pants" look like by themselves, as in with no chest armor pieces present?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 30 2017, 06:07 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 30 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #1558

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 30 2017, 12:02 AM) *

Hey Monkey, Khajiit has a question for you. What does the Mazzatun medium "pants" look like by themselves, as in with no chest armor pieces present?

Haven't seen it for myself in-game, but judging from the icon and other pieces, it's just the skirt (and it seems to be almost identical across weights) without the belt buckle and without the tassets (those normally come from the chest piece, but I'm not sure. (image of Medium for reference)

Maybe once I pop into the PTS I can confirm.

Geeze, seeing the armor makes me wish the old Nibenese Imperials still existed, or at least that the Kothringi were playable in some capacity. Though I wonder if this aesthetic was meant for certain tribes of Argonians from the beginning.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 30 2017, 06:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 30 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #1559

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 30 2017, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 30 2017, 12:02 AM) *

Haven't seen it for myself in-game, but judging from the icon and other pieces, it's just the skirt (and it seems to be almost identical across weights) without the belt buckle and without the tassets (those normally come from the chest piece, but I'm not sure. (image of Medium for reference)

Maybe once I pop into the PTS I can confirm.

Geeze, seeing the armor makes me wish the old Nibenese Imperials still existed, or at least that the Kothringi were playable in some capacity. Though I wonder if this aesthetic was meant for certain tribes of Argonians from the beginning.

Ah, that's what it looked like to Khajiit but he wanted to ask someone that actually had the motif.

Speaking of motifs, Feng just scored the Abah's Watch Swords page!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 30 2017, 06:25 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 30 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #1560

Mouth
Group Icon

\O/ less pain to worry about.

Anyways, I checked out the Mazzatun motif myself and I can confirm that the legs are nothing but the skirt, with different designs based on weight. (Light, Medium, Heavy) The "robe" even overrides any skirt, but any other style legs still show up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 76 77 78 79 80 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:51 AM