202 Pages V « < 158 159 160 161 162 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now Watching, Films/ movies discussion
Dark Reaper
post Aug 4 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #3181

Master
Group Icon

I'm watching Ghost in the Shell, the one with Scarlet Johansson. So far I like it and I like all the throw backs to the anime.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #3182

Ancient
Group Icon

I thought it was good. TBH, better than the original anime film - which it takes a lot from. The ending was definitely better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 4 2017, 02:34 AM
Post #3183

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 3 2017, 08:02 PM) *

I thought it was good. TBH, better than the original anime film - which it takes a lot from. The ending was definitely better.

As a fan of GITS I approve of this movie and I don't care what some fanboys complained about Scarlet Johansson, she pulled off the Major perfectly. I also LOVE how they used the ending credits from the animated movie----noice touch biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Aug 4 2017, 02:34 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 19 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #3184

Ancient
Group Icon

Total Recall is about to be on AMC! Time to get an Ahhnud cheese fix!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 11 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #3185

Councilor
Group Icon

Just watched Dungeons and Dragons.

I will never get tired of watching this film. biggrin.gif

Frankly, it's worth watching just to see Jeremy Irons overacting to within an inch of destroying his career rollinglaugh.gif Perfect for the role. biggrin.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 14 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #3186

Ancient
Group Icon

Just watched a strange movie on Netflix called Valhalla Rising. Pretty weird flick but Khajiit enjoyed it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 14 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #3187

Master
Group Icon

Anybody catch The Orville? I quite enjoyed it!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2017, 05:27 AM
Post #3188

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 14 2017, 12:42 PM) *

Anybody catch The Orville? I quite enjoyed it!

That's the comedy that's supposed to be like a spoof on Star Trek, right? Khajiit doesn't like Star Trek so he's not sure he'd be into this show.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2017, 06:08 AM
Post #3189

Ancient
Group Icon

Currently watching a show on TLC called Evil Things. From what Khajiit can tell, it's a paranormal documentary show recounting supposed paranormal events surrounding common, everyday objects. This episode. for example, features a video camera from c. 2000 that saw dead people. Literally. Also a pocket watch that belonged to a dude's dad that left him when he was a young child. The dad was found dead in a cabin in Montana when the guy was an adult and the sherif sent him his dad's things, which included the watch. Weird stuff, if it's really true. Of course none of the people involved have the items in question anymore, and the video taped evidence from the camera was burned/destroyed.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 20 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #3190

Ancient
Group Icon

Now watching Wonder Woman on 4k. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 20 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #3191

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Sep 11 2017, 05:01 PM) *

Just watched Dungeons and Dragons.

I will never get tired of watching this film. biggrin.gif

Frankly, it's worth watching just to see Jeremy Irons overacting to within an inch of destroying his career rollinglaugh.gif Perfect for the role. biggrin.gif

Ahtatatatata.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 22 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #3192

Ancient
Group Icon

Just finished watching Batman and Harley Quinn. It was a lot of fun. It was also a lot more adult than the old animated Batman series was. From sex to Harley giving the finger to someone. Which is not a complaint from me. Just something to keep in mind. It's not really for kids.

Harley was a lot of fun in this. She has been paroled from Arkham and has gone straight. She is a lot more interesting a character here than normal, because she is not the one-dimensional wacky villain. She is trying to put her life back together, but at the same time is being constantly pulled back to the world of costumes and capes.

Batman is kind of a dick in this, more than usual. Part of it is probably just to stand out in contrast to Harley, who is still chaos personified. But I think they went overboard a few times.

But all in all a very fun watch. If you were a fan of the old Batman animated series, you will like it.

There is also a sneak preview of the next DC animated movie. Gotham By Gaslight! That sounds really cool. I loved the comic version. Looks like it will be out next year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 23 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #3193

Ancient
Group Icon

Just saw about the last half of A Fistful of Dollars. Man Khajiit likes The Man with No Name trilogy! A little weird with the reuse of actors in different roles but still good stuff.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 2 2017, 01:22 AM
Post #3194

Ancient
Group Icon

Yays!!!! A new season of Food Network's Halloween Wars is starting up tonight!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 2 2017, 01:22 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 2 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #3195

Ancient
Group Icon

I am just over half way through Ken Burn's Vietnam. It has been very good so far.

But somehow it completely misses that shortly before his death JFK had ordered the withdrawal of 1,000 US advisors by the end of 1963. This was on the recommendation of McNamara. And the plan was to completely withdraw all US advisors within the following two years. One of the first things Johnson did after becoming President was call up McNamara and not only cancel the withdrawal, but increase American troop levels.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 2 2017, 01:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 2 2017, 05:22 AM
Post #3196

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 1 2017, 08:32 PM) *

I am just over half way through Ken Burn's Vietnam. It has been very good so far.

But somehow it completely misses that shortly before his death JFK had ordered the withdrawal of 1,000 US advisors by the end of 1963. This was on the recommendation of McNamara. And the plan was to completely withdraw all US advisors within the following two years. One of the first things Johnson did after becoming President was call up McNamara and not only cancel the withdrawal, but increase American troop levels.

I watched that last week here. I think they breezed over a few incidences and details other than that as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 3 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #3197

Ancient
Group Icon

Anyone here catch the premiere of FOX's The Gifted? Besides a ridiculous, heavy handed cameo of Stan Lee, Khajiit thought it shows promise.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 3 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #3198

Master
Group Icon

The Orville is where it's at.

This post has been edited by Cain: Oct 3 2017, 08:13 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 6 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #3199

Master
Group Icon

I've not done any serious "movie / TV series" watching since catching up on GoT (all but season 5 and the then-not-released season 7) early this year, likely due to my hearing having gone south around that time. Hasn't stopped me from watching lots of stuff at YouTube, but most of that don't quality for this thread. However, just recently I've watched a number of what I suppose might best be termed animated shorts with artistic pretensions, which some might find interesting. Several appear below:

The most straightforward of the lot is Village of Idiots, a one trick pony but none the worse for that.

When the Day Breaks.

Hen, his wife. This, for me, is the most "out there" of the four.

Madame Tutli-Putli. At just over 17min the longest of the lot, with the biggest production values. I saw it some years ago but am happy to find it again.

I've not "favorite" among these.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Oct 6 2017, 09:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 8 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #3200

Ancient
Group Icon

Last night I watched The Unnamable. 80s horror + Lovecraft = delightful. I am watching The Unnamable II right now. These movies are tons of cheesy fun.

--------------------
+Quote Post

202 Pages V « < 158 159 160 161 162 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:16 AM