81 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Acadian
post Sep 22 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #741

Paladin
Group Icon

Khajiit, that sounds good. Although more often baked in a casserole dish, that sounds very much like tatos au gratin. Yum!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #742

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 21 2017, 06:53 PM) *

Khajiit, that sounds good. Although more often baked in a casserole dish, that sounds very much like tatos au gratin. Yum!

Yeah it turned out rather soupy. Just waiting on the French Bread and it will be dinner time.

Also, it's funny you called them tatos! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 22 2017, 01:25 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 01:55 AM
Post #743

Ancient
Group Icon

It was good. Not really what Khajiit had in mind but it checked all the boxes of what this one wanted.

And an A&W root beer float for dessert!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 22 2017, 01:59 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 22 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #744

Master
Group Icon

I had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza for lunch today. It was pretty good.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 21 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #745

Master
Group Icon

Had a WowButter sammich for lunch today, which I ate at the computer while watching YouTube videos. By sheer coincidence, while eating I was recommended a video titled: "The Surprisingly Short History of the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich." Found it enjoyable enough to link here. For what it's worth, though I ate my share PBJ sammiches as a lad I'm more a purist and prefer straight Peanut Butter (now WowButter) sammiches, which is the only way I make 'em nowadays.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Oct 21 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #746

Master
Group Icon

I'm drinking off brand Mountain Dew and a bowl of popcorn...a hardy meal.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 24 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #747

Master
Group Icon

Been eating "Sweet Tango" apples these past two weeks. I initially tried 'em because last week's Fujis and Pink Ladies didn't look fit to buy, an all too common predicament. Those first Tangos were yummy, and close enough to sort of apple I prefer to make them a viable option. This week's Tango's aren't aren't quite as good as last week's, but are still tasty.

Had my rice/veggies/tuna combo with Prego/Horseradish/Frank's Extra Hot Sauce for topping. I haven't liked this combo very much since switching from frozen mixed veggies to fresh raw veggies. Until today. The difference? I heated the veggies for about six minutes, with a little salt and garlic power sprinkled on before sticking 'em in the micro. Softening 'em up a bit made a big difference.

Tonight's hard boiled egg tasted extra yummy too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 25 2017, 07:03 AM
Post #748

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 13 2017, 09:00 PM) *

At work and ate sushi. Had a little portion cup full of a mixture of sriracha, teriyaki, and wasabi and I left the chopsticks in the cup. Well the chopsticks fell out of the cup and fell on Khajiit's pants, getting that mixture all over them. Now this one smells like hot sauce and garlic. dry.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 25 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #749

Mouth
Group Icon

Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast FTW!

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Oct 25 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #750

Master
Group Icon

A glass of water and a Hot Pocket.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 25 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #751

Ancient
Group Icon

Coffee. Lots of cream, lots of sugar.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 25 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #752

Master
Group Icon

Coffee. BLACK LIKE MY SOUL.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 25 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #753

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Oct 25 2017, 01:40 PM) *

Coffee. BLACK LIKE MY SOUL.

And ice cold?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 25 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #754

Master
Group Icon

Nah, fresh and hot. I haven't had much experience with iced coffee. There is a place in town, though, that has something called Nitro Coffee AND IT IS AMAZING.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 26 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #755

Master
Group Icon

Made a now extremely rare stop at Subway on the way home from today's medical appointment. Bought a foot-long Italian BMT as that was the $6 Special. Gotta say my low opinion of their sammiches hasn't improved. It served as an edible change of pace but that's the best I can say for it. (I think I'd like their sammiches better were the bread more robust.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 26 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #756

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 26 2017, 01:48 PM) *

Made a now extremely rare stop at Subway on the way home from today's medical appointment. Bought a foot-long Italian BMT as that was the $6 Special. Gotta say my low opinion of their sammiches hasn't improved. It served as an edible change of pace but that's the best I can say for it. (I think I'd like their sammiches better were the bread more robust.)

The ones here have flavored bread, and they will lightly toast it and melt your cheese for you too (which helps the taste of the sandwich tremendously). I get the "Hot Pepper-Jack" cheese = which also helps big time. Then a bunch of green peppers, black olives, and a dash of their house oil and vinegar and it is all pretty good.

Don't ever make the mistake of asking for tomatoes there, they are so tasteless that they can taint your whole sandwich and make the whole experience unsatisfactory.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 28 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #757

Ancient
Group Icon

Today is experimental recipe day! Khajiit found a recipe for a doctored up ramen noodle dish on the interwebz and decided to play with it. It's ramen noodles, chicken, and stir fried vegetables (Khajiit is just using broccoli and mung bean sprouts) in a peanut sauce.

*update*
Two things:
1. Ramen noodles have an awful texture. With a firmer noodle (like rice noodles perhaps), this recipe would've been more successful.
2. The recipe called for you to dump the whole sauce mixture into the skillet you cook the veggies in. This one thinks simply adding the sauce in increments at the end would have been better.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 28 2017, 12:54 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 28 2017, 02:31 AM
Post #758

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 26 2017, 04:16 PM) *

The ones here have flavored bread, and they will lightly toast it and melt your cheese for you too (which helps the taste of the sandwich tremendously). I get the "Hot Pepper-Jack" cheese = which also helps big time. Then a bunch of green peppers, black olives, and a dash of their house oil and vinegar and it is all pretty good.

Don't ever make the mistake of asking for tomatoes there, they are so tasteless that they can taint your whole sandwich and make the whole experience unsatisfactory.

Yeah, I think all Subways offer both toasted and heated (in a microwave) bread options. As to veggies, I like olives too, on most but not all their sammiches. Green peppers aren't a favorite, but I get 'em on occasion. Onion was, for much of my life, my favorite sammich veggies, but I've lost a bit of my taste for them this past year or so. (Which doesn't stop me from asking for them.) I do usually ask for tomatoes but agree they are tasteless...just like the ones I have at home. <sighs> Their lettuce is blase, but then all lettuce is blase. Well, the iceberg lettuce I can afford is. I often ask for a few hot peppers spread evenly across the length of the sammich. As to cheese, I tend to rotate between several variety depending on what I order. Haven't yet given Pepper Jack cheese a fair evaluation, I must admit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 28 2017, 03:03 AM
Post #759

Master
Group Icon

Not as big on Subway as I use to be, but a Cold Cut Combo has been my standard for years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2017, 05:40 AM
Post #760

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 27 2017, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 26 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Yeah, I think all Subways offer both toasted and heated (in a microwave) bread options. As to veggies, I like olives too, on most but not all their sammiches. Green peppers aren't a favorite, but I get 'em on occasion. Onion was, for much of my life, my favorite sammich veggies, but I've lost a bit of my taste for them this past year or so. (Which doesn't stop me from asking for them.) I do usually ask for tomatoes but agree they are tasteless...just like the ones I have at home. <sighs> Their lettuce is blase, but then all lettuce is blase. Well, the iceberg lettuce I can afford is. I often ask for a few hot peppers spread evenly across the length of the sammich. As to cheese, I tend to rotate between several variety depending on what I order. Haven't yet given Pepper Jack cheese a fair evaluation, I must admit.

Here they don't heat the bread in a microwave or steamer, but on a kind of grill type toaster oven made just for toasting bread in loaf form.

I always buy Roma tomatoes for a better taste = NEVER Beefeaters. So when I go to Subway, I do not ask for tomatoes, (they use the worst of the Beefeaters) = I bring the sandwich home and slice up some good Roma tomatoes onto it. Makes a huge difference from trying to eat their tomatoes.

I think you can get spinach leaves there now, but I just stick with the iceberg lettuce. My palate still enjoys its delicate flavor, lol.

I am pretty sure what you are experiencing is the medicinally caused loss of your taste buds. Some of the medications you are on are probably interfering with your ability to taste. The thing is, if they (the meds you have to take) are critical for your life, then giving up taste is just something you are going to have to live with. You probably have had to eliminate salt from your diet too, and MSG; so you have to get creative to find flavor that can overcome the dulled taste buds.

I'm just always happy to hear you having such a healthy appetite! It always makes me feel like whatever your health issues are, you will be stronger than they are.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 27 2017, 07:04 PM) *

Today is experimental recipe day! Khajiit found a recipe for a doctored up ramen noodle dish on the interwebz and decided to play with it. It's ramen noodles, chicken, and stir fried vegetables (Khajiit is just using broccoli and mung bean sprouts) in a peanut sauce.

*update*
Two things:
1. Ramen noodles have an awful texture. With a firmer noodle (like rice noodles perhaps), this recipe would've been more successful.
2. The recipe called for you to dump the whole sauce mixture into the skillet you cook the veggies in. This one thinks simply adding the sauce in increments at the end would have been better.

Not much you can do to or for Ramen Noodles, lol. I always add a touch of hot sauce; and sometimes either add some peas or mixed vegetables or poach an egg in it while it cooks. You can drain off the fluid, melt a touch of real butter in it and sprinkle parmesan cheese over it; but what it all boils down to is = can't make a silk purse gourmet meal out of a sow's ear Ramen Noodles.

Not to say I don't eat them frequently, but ... they are quick, easy, and cheap to buy; laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 28 2017, 05:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:18 AM