Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
SubRosa
post Oct 6 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #1741

Ancient
Group Icon

Sousii had quite an adventure on the roads. Are the healing Vigilants part of the mod? Usually they just utter dire warnings to my characters, or can be found fighting undead. I made them hostile in Persephone games.

I am glad to hear she gave up robbing. I thought she might end up like Dani California.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 7 2018, 03:39 AM
Post #1742

Councilor
Group Icon

Life lesson learned right there. Who says videogames can't teach us to better ourselves?

That is pretty sad about Hairy-back and the others. sad.gif They were living that life though, and would not adapt to new circumstances, right?

---------------------------------

Sundas, early evening, 7th of First Seed, 4th Era Year 203 -- Well it's Sundas, so luckily for all of us, Lord Haaf-Mersey is nowhere near a chapel. laugh.gif No, he is in Frostfruit Inn, in the village of old Rorikstead.

He is in the midst of doing Missing In Action, a quest none of my others have ever done before. This is the one in which the older lady in Whiterun has a son who's gone missing. I had no idea this quest involved dealing with ... uh ... dang. Not in the spoilers section. Let's just say I am enjoying it now, I am glad I left a lot of quests like this one untouched in 2011, so they'll be fresh in 2018.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 7 2018, 07:41 AM
Post #1743

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - healing is a vanilla option, if you carry a disease, you can say "Please cure me".

@Renee - interesting, Missing in action was the first quest which my first character Gottham completed, if I don't count starting quests from Helgen and informing the Jarl of Whiterun. It's a good quest and it requires you to travel quite far and because Lord Haaf-Mersey is in Rorikstead, I see that he's already heading "there".

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 7 2018, 07:42 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 7 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #1744

Councilor
Group Icon

Grits: That's so cute the way Uthgerd says only the basic things... "Let's get going... What do you need?" biggrin.gif Such a good follower.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 7 2018, 02:41 AM) *

@Renee - interesting, Missing in action was the first quest which my first character Gottham completed, if I don't count starting quests from Helgen and informing the Jarl of Whiterun. It's a good quest and it requires you to travel quite far and because Lord Haaf-Mersey is in Rorikstead, I see that he's already heading "there".

No kidding, that was one of your first quests? Neato. Yeah I'm glad I didn't do everything back in 2011-2012. smile.gif I've never done the Murders in Windhelm, for instance, while I know you've finished this quest long ago.

I also never finished the "tree" quest from Whiterun, which totally seems like a quest Haaf-Mersey would do. I'm pretty sure Thor a'Zaene started this quest, but I believe he chickened out from this quest. He was afraid of magic, you see. bluewizardsmile.gif panic.gif First time saw a wisp mother, he was outta there.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 8 2018, 12:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 9 2018, 11:15 PM
Post #1745

Master
Group Icon

Souissi didn’t stay in Solitude for long. She sold some valuables and bought a few healing potions, one of them of a vigorous quality, and she switched her hide shield for a painted hide one. Being in towns made her feel uneasy, there were just too many guards marching around.

However, after a few days she was already back in Solitude. After some adventuring in the Pale and Hjaalmarch she couldn’t sell her valuable stuff neither in Morthal nor in Dawnstar. In Morthal there wasn’t even a store with general supplies whereas in Dawnstar the blacksmith didn’t have septims enough to pay for Souissi’s valuable mask which she had taken from a skeleton of the dragon priest in High Gate. Not to mention that alchemists in both towns only had some basic healing potions for sale.

So it was back to Solitude for Souissi where she finally managed to sell her valuable loot and also bought some quality healing potions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 10 2018, 01:06 AM
Post #1746

Ancient
Group Icon

That is something I never liked about the vanilla game. The major towns don't have the proper facilities to buy and sell your loot. So I created a mod that adds general stores to all the towns in the province. That way you don' t have to go all the way to Solitude to sell your stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 27 2018, 03:07 AM
Post #1747

Councilor
Group Icon

I tried to get into another Nassqa session but I just can't take it anymore. I need some dumbed-down, generic, streamlined cookie-cutter Skyrim action! (kidding,...) I decided to just return to Sir Vyvoor's game. viking.gif I left him in Frostmere Crypt last May, with all three of his Stormcloak companions.

Here is how his stats and details appear. Just for my own amusement. salute.gif Notice I'm not going to list People Killed / Animals Killed. I get weirded out by those stats. indifferent.gif Like, I finally have a conscience about all the combat that goes on, or something.

Level: 19

Major Skills: One-handed, Block, Smithing, Light Armor, Restoration, Speech

Days Passed: 107

Locations Discovered: 66
Locations Cleared: 19

Hours Slept: 1060
Hours Waited: 201

Gold Found: 14981

Quests Completed: 15
Misc Objectives Cmp'd: 32
Main Quests Cmp'd: 5
Civil War Quests Cmp'd: 6

Favorite Weapon: Iron Sword (wait what?)
Favorite Spell: Fast Healing
Favorite School: Restoration
Favorite Shout: Unrelenting Force

Times Shouted: 89

Total Lifetime Bounty: 49 (whoa.... nice).
Largest Bounty: ...... 25

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 27 2018, 03:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 27 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #1748

Master
Group Icon

I so rarely check these stats for my characters that I didn't even know that a favorite weapon is listed there. I assume it's the one which is/was wielded for the most time?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 29 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #1749

Master
Group Icon

Souissi is traveling across the Reach to Markarth, battling hordes of Forsworn along the way. They seem to jump out from behind every bush, rock or tree but so far Souissi hasn't had big difficulties getting rid of the barbaric Bretons. However, one thing she immediately liked on the Forsworn, was a headdress which their women wear, so she took one for herself. Hopefully adventurers and guards won't attack her just because of her headdress.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #1750

Master
Group Icon

Souissi had a message to deliver in Markarth but she didn’t stay in the capital of the Reach for long. Not just because she didn’t like towns but being in Markarth made her feel unpleasant. Compared to Markarth, Solitude felt much more welcoming. Maybe it was because of a failed murder attempt which occurred as soon as she had stepped in the town. If it weren’t for her, some woman would be slain but Souissi saw through the man’s scheme and brought him down just as he was about to strike. The woman rewarded her with an expensive silver emerald necklace.

After delivering the message, she sold lots of valuables from Ragnvald, among them also a mask of its dragon priest, then bought some more healing potions, an enchanted elven shield and two filled soul gems to recharge her war axe. After a quick dinner at the Silver-Blood Inn, Souissi was back on the road.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 5 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #1751

Master
Group Icon

After adventuring in the Reach, Souissi and Froa Bear-Foot were back in Markarth. Souissi disenchanted her Nordic war axe and enchanted the Nordic war pick found in Liar's Retreat, with a grand soul gem, naming it War pick of bitter cold, because it damaged one’s health and stamina. From Calcelmo the court wizard she learned how to summon a flame atronach, and from a spell tome she learned how to summon a bound shield that not only protects her from physical attacks but from magical as well.

After a peculiar meeting with a blind priestess Souissi decided to head to High Rock to discover what was the priestess rambling about, and possibly find out more of her own fate, but Froa Bear-Foot decided to stay in Skyrim. As the carriage which Souissi and other travelers heading to High Rock, was leaving Markarth stables, Froa wondered whether she'd ever see her Imperial friend again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #1752

Councilor
Group Icon

Liar's Retreat? At first I thought this was added by the Hideouts mod we're using but apparently that place is vanilla! Nice. So my characters haven't been to every nook and cranny, even after ... what? laugh.gif .... seven years? Cool.

Also, I'm not familiar with that opening Solitude quest either. But it sounds like Souissi has definitely changed her former ways. I like that you are exploring magic. bluewizardsmile.gif~ See, you won't even need mods for this, since a lot of vanilla magic stuff has not been tried by any or yours yet, right? Like,.... you won't need that Third Era Spells mod I have in my games.

Whoa, Mooch her bare-footed friend stayed behind? sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 5 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #1753

Master
Group Icon

I've discovered Liar's Retreat for the first time in Souissi's game as well. Because I don't use map markers, I found it by coincidence, it's not easy to find without them because the entrance is obscured from most sides. I won't spoil for you, where it is. It's an interesting place to explore and has a backstory about the events that transpired there shortly before you arrive. You can also find a unique weapon deep inside.

You mean the opening quest in Markarth? I knew what to expect when stepping in the town so Souissi struck the assailant immediately. My previous characters were too slow.

Beyond Reach is apparently follower-friendly but Froa is too overpowered. I don't mind it if followers are slightly more buffed than in the vanilla game but she finishes off most enemies in two hits, making combat much less interesting and challenging.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #1754

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 5 2018, 10:54 AM) *

You mean the opening quest in Markarth? I knew what to expect when stepping in the town so Souissi struck the assailant immediately. My previous characters were too slow.

Whoops, I'm thinking of Solitude, not Markarth.

Beyond Reach is apparently follower-friendly but Froa is too overpowered. I don't mind it if followers are slightly more buffed than in the vanilla game but she finishes off most enemies in two hits, making combat much less interesting and challenging.

This is why I raise difficulty in my PC games. On Xbox I mostly use Apprentice, but on PC I have to raise this to Adept, because with followers and mods, the game becomes too easy otherwise.

The moment has passed though. Mooch-Foot is gone, I get it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 14 2018, 12:44 AM
Post #1755

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, 15 Evening Star, early afternoon: To appease his posse's growing anticipation, Sir Vyvoor decides to take a contract to kill the bandit leader of Fort Skull Lookout. Nothing but a bandit-run today. Hopefully later he will be able to follow Markarth's steward. See where he lives. Then he can *spoiler* *spoiler* *spoiler*

Edit: what a neat lair this is. Half of it is as though it were in some earthquake or something.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 15 2018, 01:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 15 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #1756

Councilor
Group Icon

Turdas, 3:58 PM, 25th of First Seed, 4th Era 203 Gentle reader, you will not understand a word of what follows unless you have read and commited to memory the first three volumes of this series, 'Beggar,' 'Thief,' and 'Warrior,' which leades up to this, the conclusion. I encourage you to seek them out at your favorite bookseller.

Lord Haaf-Mersey sits in Riften, on yet another sunny day. Taking a break before he needs to rush off toward Falkreath, where some sort of monster in Bilegulch Lair must be killed. It will be nice to legitimately return to the Falkreath area, which is where his home is. Home. Wife. Adopted daughter, and Rayya the Overkiller, his bored-out-of-her-mind Thane.

After reading the words above, which are from the book "King", he decides he must follow the author's advice, and heads off to Pawned Prawn, to see if Bersi has any of these books.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 15 2018, 01:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 17 2018, 03:13 AM
Post #1757

Mouth
Group Icon

The Boy has been unleashed.

I usually play Skyrim modded as hell, but since I'm playing this alongside a project, I decided to go a little closer to vanilla. Well, I have Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul installed along with SPERG, but otherwise it's all vanilla aside from textures and the like. :v

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #1758

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! What is SPERG?

----------

Middas, 9:12 AM, 24th of Evening Star, 4th Era 201 Sir Vyvoor leaves Frostfruit Inn, headed somewhere north, toward Morthal I think. He finally was able to convince the steward of Markarth to divulge some information to the Stormcloaks; the solution was easier than I thought it would be. viking.gif

For assisting the stormies, Vyvoor decided to take s bounty contract for the steward's good deed. Vyvoor and his crew wound up going somewhere north of Karwathstan to bring down a dragon, Vyvoor's third or fourth dragon so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 25 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #1759

Master
Group Icon

Perk overhaul. I prefer Ordinator myself.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 30 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #1760

Master
Group Icon

Words of the witchman that Souissi had just killed, didn't make much sense, but she wrote them down in her journal, hoping they'll make more sense in the future. What king? And who is the dark mother?

Prophecies of some huge creature that flew over Souissi as she was walking to the Divide, inviting little wolves to the feast, didn't make any more sense either. What was that creature? It was clearly not a dragon. Perhaps a gryphon?

She pondered over these questions as she was enchanting her armor in necromancer's lair. A few days ago she arrived to western High Rock, following an odd meeting with a blind priestess. If she had found people of Skyrim to be gloomy, they were in fact very cheery compared to morose and unfriendly residents of High Rock. Something was in the air, in the soil. Something...ominous.

Today she disposed of a necromancer from Sabbat that was sending his undead minions to attack the Divide, the first settlement she came across upon arriving to High Rock. In his lair Souissi now enchanted her armor to help her regenerate magicka, very useful for someone like her, born under the Atronach. Thanks to the nercomancer's tome she also learned how to reanimate weak corpses. Lastly, it was time for a new facial decoration. New land, new warpaint.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:57 AM