10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Elves in Sovngarde Book Two, NEIS continued
Elisabeth Hollow
post Oct 27 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #161

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm so glad that everyone is liking Marcurio! We're going to pull away from him for a moment, though, and visit two tiny vampires. I'm sorry it's shorter than the usual.

Where we are: Erik and marcurio just escaped with Kayla. Asta escaped with her cohort, but they are not alone...

-------------

Small nostrils sniffed the frigid air, black curls whipped to and fro, dodging branches and rocks. were she alive, her breathing would be labored at how hard she was running. Close behind, a blonde vampire, her height similar to the raven-haired one's. They both sniffed the air.

"I think we can stop," The blonde child said. Asta halted immediately, and Emelia halted as well.

"No one followed?" Asta answered her own question by sniffing the air. "Good. Report."

"Kayla's abilities-"

"Nisse." Asta's sharp correction was coupled with a hard, red-eyed stare. Emelia gulped.

"Nisse's abilities are remarkable for someone just turned. She can already make thralls and control her thirst enough to where she doesn't kill."

"Interesting. What are her tactics?"

"Coersion through goodwill."

"No seduction?"

Emelia shook her head. "She hasn't touched a mortal... like that... since turning. I think..she's disgusted with herself."

Asta scoffed. "Weakling. She hasn't lived until-" Her nostrils flared. A wretched scent filled her nose. "Werewolf. Run, Emelia."

They sprinted towards a small cave a few miles north east of Riften. Before they had made it a quarter of a mile, they both heard thudding footfalls behind them. Heavy panting was heard, and Emelia panicked and climbed a tree.

"No, you idiot!" Asta shrieked, turning around as Emelia sprang nimbly from limb to limb until she was nearly at the top. Asta grunted as she was slammed against a tree, her head spinning. She slid through the mosterous claws of the beast in time to avoid having her head taken off. Claw marks shredded where her head previously leaned. She easily darted beneath the creature, who whirled around, looking for her. She conjured a dagger and leaped onto its back, preparing to slit its throat.

She let out a piercing scream as the wolf's claws dug into her back, shredding the skin. She grit her teeth, letting out a snarl and slid down the creature's back, allowing it one more long slice alongside her back. Black, clotted gore dripped down her back and onto the frigid, frozen ground. She bared her fangs and conjured a dagger again.

"Beast!" She spat before leaping at the werewolf. It let out an angry snarl when her daedric blade pierced its gut. She dropped to her knees and thrust her blade into its knee, causing the creature to yelp in pain. It fell, roaring. Asta's red eyes glowed in the moonlight, much like the wolf's as it looked at her. Though on the ground, it was still taller than she in height by a full head. It growled at her.

"Disgusting, mangy, flea-bitten filth!" Asta snarled. It swiped at her, then tried to leap at her. Asta easily dodged, side-stepping the lunge and plunging her dagger into its back. She jumped atop a small rise in the land, resembling tiny cliff, making her taller than the wolf.

"You can die here, for all I care." she hissed. She licked the blood off the blade and closed her eyes for a second. "Mmmm. Hircine's favorite does taste delectable. Perhaps I'll simply maim you and leave you alive when you're in a more pleasing form."

"Asta, we need to go." Emelia dropped from the tree, standing a considerable distance away. She eyed the werewolf warily, and the beast picked up on her fear and growled at her. She shuddered and took a few steps away from it.

"We need to go," she repeated. Asta gave her a sharp look.

"Emelia, come here."

Emelia looked at her like she was crazy. She shook her head.

"No. I'm not coming near that thing."

"I won't allow it to harm you. Come."

Emelia cautiously inched her way over to Asta. The wolf watched her with interest, hunger and anticipation as Asta put her hand on Emelia's back.

"Why did you leave me alone with this beast?"

Realization crossed Emelia's face when Asta grabbed the back of her shirt and leaned Emelia forward, just out of reach of the wolf. The beast dragged its leg as it crawled forward, snarling and snapping at Emelia. Emelia shrieked and tried to regain her balance, but realized her only option would be to step forward into the beast's reach and fall.

"Asta! No! What are you doing?!"

"You're a coward. There's no room in my ranks for a child."

"I AM a child!"

Asta lowered Emelia down, the swipe from the beast's claw catching a tangle in her hair and pulling her head forward slightly. Emelia screamed loudly, her arms flailing behind her, trying to grab onto something.

"Please! Asta! I've done everything you've asked of me!"

Asta's dull blue eyes simply blinked as she released Emelia, the shrieks of her former cohort left behind as she walked away.

"No room for weakness." she said as the sound of bones snapping pierced the air. She realized dawn was approaching, and walked away without looking back.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 27 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #162

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Sep 23 2013, 11:07 PM) *

I looked up Swedish names :] I loved that name. Most of the Nord names not in the game are Swedish.

Gah Lizzie! I love your story and I love your names in it!

Asta: A name used in Sweden in the beginning of this century, there are no younger ppl here by that name, but it's awesome!

Erik: A name used all the time here since very long ago! We've had quite a few kings by that name, and...my husband is named Erik as part of his double name: Sven-Erik

But carry on with your story it's really a good amusing read!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Oct 27 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #163

Ancient
Group Icon

Emelia wasn't really Kayla's friend?! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

And there Asta goes betraying her own people. Bastard mad.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #164

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh no, Emelia! Oh no, Urgh! verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Oct 29 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #165

Master
Group Icon

Such is the traitor's lot, or some nonsense like that.

Damn, Asta is brutal; it's that kind of ruthlessness that makes her such a good villain, I suppose, and it's certainly a great way to raise the stakes (badum-tish!) further.

Also, that was a cool werewolf fight; enjoyed the classic matchup of vampires vs werewolves
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2013, 02:03 AM
Post #166

Councilor
Group Icon

The little girl vampires put an interesting slant on the werewolf fight. I wonder whose bones were snapping at the end? Could be the werewolfs! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 3 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #167

Master
Group Icon

Marcurio is an awesomely dashing awesome man yadayada. Now for the important stuff.

*puts on the smug-face*

I totally called it. A deserter from Asta showing up right after Kayla told her she wouldn't do the vampire thing, a deserter who teaches her how to do the vampire thing? Then said deserter just happens to desert Kayla in Riften, aka the place where all the bad things go down and the place where Asta (quite a while back at this point) thought to score big on her recruitement-drive?

Yeah, Emelia was up to no good from the beginning. Too bad her real boss has succumbed to classic villainy, kill your underlings and all that. I actually grew sorta fond of the kid.

Wonder what that wherewolf was about though. Freak random encounter? Standard war in the shadows between vamps and furry men? Companion trying to get into the vamp-slaying bussiness but forgetting to keep his pants on?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 8 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #168

Paladin
Group Icon

Poor Eric. Trying so hard to save Kayla despite the self-danger.

"Beast!" She spat before leaping at the werewolf. - - Coming from Asta, this is truly the pot calling the kettle black! laugh.gif

Sounds like the little turncoat Emelia got what she deserved. Wow, youve really promoted Asta up into the ranks of world-class villains! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Nov 20 2013, 04:44 AM
Post #169

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry for the long delay, everyone. Thanks to those still reading. Being sick and having to wake up at 3 am to get ready for work really sucks. This chapter is under 1,000, so really short. Not napping is kicking my ass.

===

Pain clutched the breast of the young girl, causing ragged, wheezing breaths to puncture the air. She clutched her skin through her shirt, willing her sluggish heart to keep beating. Fever dreams plagued her, visions of her mother torn and bloody, eyes gouged and frozen in a scream, her father strung up by his intestines, her sisters' heads cooking in the pot over the fire while their bodies were skinned and drying in the sun.

She hadn't slept in two nights, not since the creature disguised as a mortal clutched her close and bit her, kissing the spot and her mouth before stealing away. She'd spent the two days in bed, ill, the healer of the town confused. He made a paste to slather onto her chest to ease the coughing, and something to help her sleep. She spat out the concoction in the urn by her bed, knowing what sleep would bring.

On the third night, her mother held her hand, her blonde hair streaked with silver from raising three children and surviving the harsh climate of the North. Tears welled up in her eyes as she saw her youngest slipping away.

"Ma," she croaked, barely audible. In the dark, the mother heard.

"Yes, my dove?"

"I...hurt." The words came out as a whimper, as if from a newborn pup. A hot hand touched the girls's brow, smoothing the black hair plastered with clammy sweat away.

"I know. It's alright. If you need to rest, then rest."

The girls's breathing slowed, and her mother clutched the smaller hand to her own chest, gasping as her daughter slipped into death. She wailed as her youngest of three girls died. The house was silent, save for her pained screams. She picked up her daughter and clutched her to her breast, her little body ice-cold in spite of the two thick wool blankets and fire in her room.

Ten minutes passed before the mother gathered herself long enough to put her daughter's body down. As she wiped her eyes, the fingers of her daughter twitched. She turned and held her stomach as she stood, leaning on the back of the chair. The child slowly rose, her eyes red and alight with hunger. The mother left the room, shutting the door quietly, unaware of her child's reawakening.

She opened the door to her room, her husband and oldest sitting on the bed. They looked up with red-rimmed eyes, the father's arm around his daughter as he comforted her. The oldest girl opened her mouth to say something, then saw something behind her mother.

The mother screamed in surprise as her hair was yanked back, and the father jumped up, shoving his daughter over the bed. She hit her head, and the rest was fuzzy from there. She heard shrieks and struggling, the door to the room shut. She shakily stood up and hid in her parents' wardrobe behind her mother's dresses. One long scream pierced the air, and all was silent.

Her breathing sounded loud in her own ears, and her heart drummed rapidly in her chest. Her long legs curled against her chest, her arms wrapped around them, she listened as footsteps walked across the wooden floor of the room. She held her breath when they stopped in front of the wardrobe. Seconds passed, and she wondered if they had left.

The door flung itself open with such force, the hinges snapped, and the oak doors fell with a loud clatter.

"Eeva."

Eeva looked through her hands to see her youngest sister peeking back. She threw her arms around her, forgetting the doors.

"Asta! You're alive! And cold."

Eeva gasped when a hot pain erupted in her neck, shooting deep into her shoulder and making her body feel wobbly. Asta's grip was like iron, and within a few seconds, she passed out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Nov 20 2013, 05:26 AM
Post #170

Ancient
Group Icon

Not sure wether to feel bad for Asta or not, she was still a child when she was turned sad.gif

What drove her into evil anyway?

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 2 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #171

Paladin
Group Icon

As we witness the death and rebirth of Asta - and her first meal - it really brings home what a horrible thing vampirism is. sad.gif

This story weaves quite an effective ability to make us both hate and feel sorry for Asta at the same time.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 27 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my... ohmy.gif ...

I know you're enjoying the other one...Which I'm honestly working around to...But don't forget the sentence, "As this story is drawing to a close" that you put in an earlier post...

You need to finish it!!... biggrin.gif ...

That was horrible what happened to Emelia... sad.gif ...But yeah, double agent!!...Can't decide how I feel about that... laugh.gif ....

Marcurio was awesome...Proper loved all that mage stuff...

I hope you do finish it...Looking forward to how you wrap it up...

Absolutely love your writing...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 27 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #173

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm still working on a way to wrap it up, don't worry, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 31 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #174

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry for the long delay again, y'all. This is the second to last chapter, and the next will be very long. I won't be holding back on it, since it's the last chapter of Kayla's story.

Thanks for your patience :]

---

Asta attempted to drag her sister's limp body to the cave a half mile from her town. She ignored the chaos the children were causing, intent on her sister reaching the cave with her. Movarth will help. He promised.

She dragged her sister as far as the outside of town, panting heavily. She realized that even though she was stronger, she wouldn't be able to pick her sister up. Her sister was thin, but tall, and dead weight was difficult to carry. She set Eeva down gently, folding her slender hands aross her belly. The chill air allowed small puffs of breath to be seen coming from her parted lips. Asta noticed no such puffs came from her mouth.

She ran to the cave, her pale, bare feet kicking up leaves. She occasionally cried out in pain as a sharp rock cut into her foot, dirt sticking to the bottom of her now raw feet. When she reached the cave, she stumbled inside. The winding passageway, lit by torches, lasted until the passaeway came to an end after what seemed like years later to the young girl.

The sight that greeted her took her breath away. She had seen it in her dreams, but to see it in person was something different. Between two stone pillars carved naturally through time, was a wooden throne set unnaturally by the hands of mortals. But it wasn't the throne that struck Asta with awe, large as it was (four times her height, and six times her width!) but rather the man sitting in it.

Movarth Piquine, despite the Breton name, did not appear to have a definitive race. Sharp features, accompanied by shadow and what seemed like strong magicks, hid any telling racial features. A black hood covered his face, leaving only pale and colorless lips, ivory blades peeking out from behind them. Hs smile, twisted and evil, was terrifying. Had Asta had anything in her bowels, they would've emptied.

"Come, child. Come to Movarth." A slender finger, blue from undeath(Or was he a Dunmer?) beckoned her forward slowly. She obliged, little terrified gasps and sobs escaping her lips. She stopped just at his feet, gaping up at him. He leaned forward, the sile never leaving his lips. He reached down, and Asta swore she could hear the creak of his old bones. (But was he really old? Or was she imagining it?)

She flinched a little when a cold finger traced the left side of her jaw. She relaxed. His smile wasn't so scary, and his voice seemed warm and inviting as he adressed her.

"Asta Wind-Song. The child who started it all. You took first blood tonight. You know that, right? I chose you to be the first. The first in my new army." He gently upped her chin, sending waves of odd sensations through her body.

"Please," she said softly, her tongue thick, her head swimming. "My older sister...I bit her."

"You are quite beautiful," He said, ignoring her. "I've always loved large blue eyes."

She gasped when his lips touched hers.

---

Asta gripped the hilt of the dagger tightly, the leather squeaking. She inhaled, then exhaled slowly, her blue eyes staring at the ground. A head peeked in, strawberry-blonde hair waving gently.

"Mistress?" She looked concerned at Asta's erect posture, the dagger poised to stab an unseen foe. "Is everything alright? You cried out in your sleep. Our magicks detected no unseen enemies." She looked at the messy bedsheets. "A nightmare?"

"I'm fine." Asta said sharply, setting the dagger on the nightstand with such force, it made the girl cringe. Asta rubbed her face with her hands, then looked at the eternally small digits. A red cloud of rage burst in her chest, and she snarled and knocked over the nightstand, making the girl scurry away in fear, passing a Dunmer girl with an eye-patch over one eye.

"Weakling!" the Dark Elf spat before entering Asta's room.

"Mistress." She bowed slightly. Asta stopped her raging to look at the vampiress.

"Report!" She barked.

"She has escaped, is alive, and is with her lover and a wizard."

Asta was silent for a few moments, gazing into the large fire that lit the room.

"The thralls?"

"Here."

"Kill one, and break the spell on the other. Send him to her and lead her to Alcassar."

"Mistress?" The young girl looked confused.

"It's where all this began. And where it'll end, once and for all."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 31 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry for the long delay again, y'all. This is the second to last chapter, and the next will be very long. I won't be holding back on it, since it's the last chapter of Kayla's story.

Aw man, only one more chapter left? kvleft.gif

Movarth is creepy. Eugh.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 31 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #176

Councilor
Group Icon

I love how youre building sympathy for Asta even right up to the end. One more chapter?! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 31 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #177

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice flashback to reveal more of Astas early days as a vampire. A great touch as we saw that she emitted no visible breath in the cold air.

Another poignant reminder of who and what Asta is, when she later studied her eternally small digits.

Just as some of the tragedy regarding Asta begins to beckon to our sympathies, she barks her cold orders and leaves us with that ominous last sentence.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 1 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #178

Master
Group Icon

I second Kobby's comment about Movarth being creepy. Pedo-murderer-vampire, dayum. Asta's a nasty piece of work, but you put her next to someone like Movarth and make her sympathetic like that and suddenly she doesn't look so bad.

Looking forward to the final showdown; this should be a good 'un.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 4 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #179

Master
Group Icon

It isn't surprising that the relationship between Asta and Movarth was largely based on taking advantage of a vulnerable and thoroughly shaken child which may have developed into some form of Stockholm syndrome later on. I mean seriously, inbetween the fits of bloodthirst vampires are still very human. It's a struggle to maintain that humanity due to the needs the vampire-affliction imposes, but especially early on it is there.

That said, this just makes it creepier.

I also found it a nice (and tragic) touch that Asta will never grow up. Now I personally wouldn't say no to eternal youth and all, but Asta's came around too early (and has the aforementioned drawbacks of vampirism.). Even if she could hide her nature, she would always have to deal with the social stigma of being a child.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 13 2014, 03:54 AM
Post #180

Ancient
Group Icon

Holy CRAP! That chapter gave me chills! Asta and did Eeva live? Urk!

Next chapter: Oh Lizzie, this is one of your best chapters yet AWESOME WRITE !!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:23 AM