3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you returning to?
Wurlon
post Aug 26 2006, 04:11 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

As fall approaches.. many of us seem to be returning to our lives of work once more. I myself will be a freshman in highschool this Monday (28th) and my sister just moved into college today, she is also a freshman! But I'm curious to hear what everyone else will be doing... work? College? School? Jail?

Post! =]

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Aug 26 2006, 04:12 AM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kayla
post Aug 26 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #2

Agent

Well, I'm returning to High School as a Junior. happy.gif I'm planning on taking the ACT alot this year, working in Journalism, Spanish Club, FBLA (ran for president. Have yet to do elections yet though). My boyfriend is an hour away from me in college right now, so I'm going to be spending all my free time over there. I have a busy two years ahead of me from this point.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 26 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm returning to a pit of work. I need to dig myself out of this two year hole I've made. Still, things are looking up and I feel confident about my future (if not a little wary).
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Aug 26 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

For me it will be summer and I will be leaving not returning. Currently I am at university but after 8th of November I will be on holiday, I applied for a garden centre job today, part time so I will probably be doing that.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Aug 26 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #5

Mage
Group Icon

I'll be going back to secondary school for 6th year, my final year. At the end lucky me gets to take the most important tests i will ever take, that will basically decide my future. and included in those tests is a total of 5 hours of maths....ugh (2 2.5 hours tests)

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 26 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #6

Agent

jail tongue.gif
Seriously: I wll probably have to enlist to my old 6th [now 7th, actually] Degree School [some sort of of colledge], because educational system is in reorganisation and to obtain a genuine Engineer's [Batchelor's] Diploma I must listen to 1 more semester/ or, to be more precise - give several exams of difference. In the meantime I'll also enroll to a course that is being organised by our national employment agency, to get training as a computer serviceman. So, to say the least, it's going to be busy. And bloody. And I don't believe I'll hang arround so much arround forums, IRC or anything else sad.gif but my good guess is, all this will pay off with interest in the end.

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 26 2006, 08:41 PM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 26 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I'm going back to highschool in September for my second year of grade 12. I decided to go for 5 years instead of 4. So while a lot of people I know will be gone at college/university, there's a few of my friends sticking around for at least a semester, and I'm also going to have to get along with the age group below me, since they'll be taking the same courses I'll be taking. I got to know a few on my trip to France so hopefully that helps.

Top of the foodchain baby!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Channler
post Aug 26 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Well I will returning to my last year of highschool.. senior baby!

Easy first semester will help me incredibly with getting into just about any college I want to get in... I don't have to worry about my crappy math scores till next semester.

So i got..

genetics
eng 12 hn
Comp graphics
Sociology & Phsycology

and no class on fridays!

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 27 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

I've been back at high school for about two weeks now. I'm a junior (11th grade).

I'm also enrolled at the technology center here. I'm working on getting A+ Certification.

Right now, it's a slow process. I'm expecting to be there for 2-3 years.

This post has been edited by Zarrexaij: Aug 27 2006, 12:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 27 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

I'm not returning no where, I'm starting fresh as a freshmen at College. Hell Yeah!

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Aug 27 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I'm returning to Highschool. Junior! gah... we don't have a rock on smilie... IPB Image so i'll borrow the one from the official forums.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Aug 27 2006, 05:15 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

And I thought I was going to undergo stress, but you all seem to be very hard workers! xD
I'm enjoying my young years... before jobs and cars because all I ever hear about them are complaints. Yes, being lazy is fun.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 27 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Oh yea, I still give myself plenty of lazy time. Thing is, I should probably get busier, at least in getting my next level of driver's liscense. But being lazy and mooching off people that can drive is just very easy... tongue.gif

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 27 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Interestingly, I am returning to God.... or I should say, my religion, this fall. I never left God. But, I have been put in charge of security at one of the (larger) 7th Day Adventist buildings here that facilitates the running of the 4 largest hospitals in this area. Soooo ... I used to go to church on Sabbath from our studios because the church was 1 1/2 blocks away. But since we moved to the condo, we've been observing Sabbath at home on our own (day of rest, no work, eat sandwiches, read the bible) but we have not yet found the Adventist Church in our new area.
But now at work, when I go there - I see the beautiful pictures & posters and I know that soon I probably will be looking for the new Adventist Church around here. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 27 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

And I thought I was going to undergo stress, but you all seem to be very hard workers!
Tell me about it! I have an Honors Chem 1 class, an AP Psychology class, Trig, and AP Language and Composition!

Talk about a look of work and study. On the first day of AP Lang and Comp I was assigned to write an essay!

This post has been edited by Zarrexaij: Aug 27 2006, 08:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 27 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #16

Agent

Hah. Got my damn 'basic course' papers >< the exam was "make a Folder in here, make 2 subfolders, Open MS Paint, draw something-something, Save it into your 1st Subfolder, rename it, open MS Word & write something, save it into 2nd Subfolder...". Man.
And I had to pay ~35 EUROS for that ! Only so I could get a damn piece of paper... with which I'll be able to go into some serious tech training... yep, life is fun.

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 27 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 27 2006, 02:15 PM) *
And I had to pay ~35 EUROS for that ! Only so I could get a damn piece of paper... with which I'll be able to go into some serious tech training... yep, life is fun.
And I get my training for free. Kekekekekeke!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 27 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Milanius and Zarr, you are pursuing a good course of study ... Cain has A+ hardware and the pay is really good when he's working. Computer repair will always be needed from this time on, I think....

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 27 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #19

Agent

QUOTE(Zarrexaij @ Aug 27 2006, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 27 2006, 02:15 PM) *
And I get my training for free. Kekekekekeke!

Push the knife deeper, why don't you.

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 27 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Milanius and Zarr, you are pursuing a good course of study ... Cain has A+ hardware and the pay is really good when he's working.
Yep, I sure do know the benefits of A+ Certification. With it, I can gets jobs that pay 16+ dollars an hour if I'm lucky.

Push the knife deeper, why don't you.
That's my job.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:03 AM