3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you returning to?
Ibis
post Aug 27 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

Try $20.00+ per hour inshop & $35.00 on site .... half of what the shop is getting in labor. Course I don't know your area but the shop he worked at was in a rather exclusive part of Orlando. It probably vairies regionally, I'd guess.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rane
post Aug 28 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #22

Lurker
Group Icon

Not returning to anything just yet. But soon, I should be returning to my old normal life.
+Quote Post
1234king
post Aug 28 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

I am returning to middle school for the 2nd time this year (gr.8) in 8 days, ergh....it is going to be tough getting used to waking up at 7:30 every morning for the next 9 months

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Aug 28 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(1234king @ Aug 28 2006, 03:55 PM) *

I am returning to middle school for the 2nd time this year (gr.8) in 8 days, ergh....it is going to be tough getting used to waking up at 7:30 every morning for the next 9 months

Buddy, I have to wake up at 5:30 so I can catch my bus, which comes at 6:50.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 28 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Awww lucky, you get to wake up at 7:30! I have to be up at 6:40 and leave at 7:35 to get to school on time. It's like a 40 minute walk tongue.gif

Maybe I'll get lucky have have a first period lunch so I can sleep in a little bit.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Aug 28 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

On mondays I have to wake up at 11:30am, and on fridays I don't have to wake up at all. I have it tough tongue.gif
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 28 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

That sounds soooo rough man!

I know at least that I get about 2 and a half hours of break time since I'm taking only 3 classes per semester instead of the usual 2. I had that last year, and I couldn't believe I survived taking 4 classes a day, 3 is just so much better. Especially when both are the last two periods of the day so you can leave school at 12:15 and go have a nap. Good times... hopefully I get something like that again.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Kayla
post Aug 29 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #28

Agent

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Aug 28 2006, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(1234king @ Aug 28 2006, 03:55 PM) *

Buddy, I have to wake up at 5:30 so I can catch my bus, which comes at 6:50.

I wish I could wake up at 7:30 as well. tongue.gif I have to wake up at 5:45 to get ready to drive to school (which is 20 miles away).

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Aug 29 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #29

Mage
Group Icon

Yeah, well i have to get up at 8:00 in order to shower and eat breakfast and whatnot so i can laeve for school at 8:45 for the 5-10 minute cycle! that's how rough i have it tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 29 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

A 40-minute walk? TMM, dude you must have some of the nicest legs around.

I also have it rough now ... I've got to be at work at 6:30 to 7:30pm instead of around sunset with my previous buildings. Not too much of a difference now though since the sun is setting earlier at end of August. So, I've got to get up by at least 4pm in the afternoon to have dinner, dress and get there.

But lately, instead of staying up until dawn at our computers when we get me home from work, we've been going to bed around 2am - to I can wake up around 10 or 11am and actually have some morining time. I like morning. If I wake up too early like today, I can nap in the afternoon before work in the evening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 29 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

I guess you can say that the amount of walking I do (not to mention a teenager metabolism) keeps me from packing a gut. I'm pretty sure I'm considered skinny, but I would have to say most of my weight is on the lower half of my body. Considering I won't have as much time playing hockey this year, the walks are really helpful. I also walk to work nearly everyday as well, so I do quite a bit of walking.

Wow, this time next week, school basically starts. I say basically because for some weird reason, students in grades 11 and 12 don't have to be at the school until 12pm and then we leave by 1:45pm. I guess it's an orientation day. This is the first time they've done this, and I've been at this highschool for four years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 29 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, try to stay thin ... that is the healthy way to be. Way too many Americans are too fat these days = I could lose a few pounds myself. About 15 less would make me exstatic about my figure! Especially with all the swimming I've been doing ... it's happening but awfully slowly it seems like.

You know what I hate? When I return to Walmart for grocery shopping and see so many chunky, fat children whose parents have normal builds ... what's that all about? Love thy child to death? (early heart attack due to overweight later in life?) Doesn't seem right. Those kids need more exercise! nono.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 30 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #33

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Aug 26 2006, 02:04 PM) *

jail tongue.gif
. I don't believe I'll hang arround so much arround forums, IRC or anything else sad.gif but my good guess is, all this will pay off with interest in the end.

Awww I hope you do! I´d just hate not to see you around, it would make me really sad!

Oh well I´ve returned to work.....just like that. Rise at 5am....catch the bus at 6.30, work all day get home at about 5.30 pm...THEN the really hard work begins.....at home! sheeesh.... kvright.gif kvright.gif

But I´m planning my trip to US now..and that´s something to look forward to! tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 30 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

Hye Minque girl, was just thinking about you and wondering how your new job has been going. I see you start off really early like some other people here do. Yes, I know what you mean about having work waiting at home, but our little condo is so comfy and petite that it only takes me less than an hour to clean the whole entire place, top to bottom ... so that is good.

You are coming to the U.S. ?? Very cool. If I remember correctly your daughter is somewhere around Michigan, is that right? Guess you are heading up that way. Coming anywhere near Orlando, Florida? If so, I'd love to meet you! Wouldn't that be cool. I belonged to a website once who had a little reunion in Orlando ... but they were all Americans who came.

So how is the new job? I figure there must be an increased level of responsibility because you haven't been around as much as you used to be. But so glad you are still here ... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 30 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #35

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ah Ibis..lucky you! My house is about 196 square meters.....now that is a lot! And I don´t have a chance to keep it as tidy as I want to, but nevermind it´s more fun sitting here talking to you!

Yup my girlie is in Ann Arbor.....first we´re going on a shopping-spree in NYC! (Ouch, my poor credit-card!) Then I´m gonna visit her host family....a couple of days...a week maybe, thaen I really don´t know, I´m thinking of staying another week and then go somewhere so I´m open for any suggestions! Maybe I could find my way to Orlando!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 30 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

We are so international here in Orlando due to the attractions and the Space Shuttle industry ... even more so than NYC. People usually do spend alot of money visiting here because the Attractions bug bites them and once they see Disney then they want to see Sea World, Universal Studios, etc. My sisters don't do all that when they come though ... they just visit us although they ususally do plan a nice drive on the way home like through St. Augustine, North Carolina Smokey Mountains (those are the Smokies, right?), etc.

We certainly would roll out the red carpet for you at Casselberry by the Lake! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Sep 1 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #37

Finder
Group Icon

Rainer is returning to high school (which he is writing this from biggrin.gif)

Not sure what the name is for 11th Grade...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 1 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

In Canadian highschool we just have juniors and seniors. Juniors are grades 9 and 10, seniors, grades 11 and 12. It's the easiest way to doing things since out auditorium is too small to fit the whole school, so the juniors have their assembly first, then the seniors have their assembly next.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 1 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

When I was in hs - it was = 9th grade was freshmean, 10th grade was sophomore, 11th grade was Junior and 12th grade was Senior. May have changed by now ... wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Sep 2 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #40

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Sep 1 2006, 10:55 AM) *

In Canadian highschool we just have juniors and seniors. Juniors are grades 9 and 10, seniors, grades 11 and 12. It's the easiest way to doing things since out auditorium is too small to fit the whole school, so the juniors have their assembly first, then the seniors have their assembly next.

Odd...

In Rainer's school 10+would be considered Senior in that regard...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:16 AM