Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Story of Trey- Chapter 13
Dantrag
post Jul 5 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #61

Councilor
Group Icon

*looks up at treydog with a cute, pouty face*

It's not over is it? please tell me you are doing the expansnions *sniff* *tear*

Great addition :goodjob: though I will be disappointed if this is the end.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 5 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #62

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=LoneWolf] is this the end of Trey's adventures?[/quote]

Now let´s hope that this is not the end.....Trey´s story has been and still is my ultimate inspiration, there would have been no Serene if it hadn´t been for Trey.....

I´ve read this last two updates over and over, trying to recall when I actually played this scenario.....so I also feel the urge to play it again...

Maybe we should make a petition in order to really convince treydog that we all love his story sio much so we can´t stand it being finito?

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 6 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #63

Master
Group Icon

Epilogue
At last, it was over. The blight and the ash storms were ended, the people no longer had to suffer troubling dreams, and Morrowind was free of Dagoth Ur. I too was free, free to consider all that I had done and all that had been done to me. Azura had her revenge on the Tribunes, who had been forced to admit their use of the Heart to make themselves into gods. She had strengthened the old ways of the Dunmeri- ancestor worship and even worship of the “good” Daedra- while saving the people of Morrowind. For myself, I walked slowly along the dusty trails, oblivious to the cheerful gratitude of those who recognized me. I wanted only to reach Bal Isra, my stronghold. When at last I found myself in my private quarters, I carefully laid aside my sword and armor, vowing that I would never use them again. Next, I tried to lose myself in my books or in alchemy, but the visions of the past would give me no peace. The multitude of those I had slain thronged the shadows and clamored for my attention. The only way I could find to silence them was to take a drink- and another, and another…. The next several weeks went by in a haze of drunkenness and violent rages. Somewhere during that time, perhaps more than once, Athyn Sarethi came to see me. I have a feeling that I was unforgivably rude to him; fortunately, I don’t actually recall.

One day, as I lay on my bed, suffering from a terrible hangover, there came a persistent knocking upon the door.

“Unless you’ve brought more brandy, go away,” I shouted, and immediately regretted it as my head seemed to split into several pieces. The knocking continued and I roused myself enough to throw an empty bottle at the door. My satisfaction at the breakage was tempered by a repeat of the feeling that my head was trying to explode. However, it also seemed to have the desired result, as the knocking ceased. I thought I could hear someone giving orders, but the room had begun spinning in a nausea-inducing way, so I collapsed back onto the pillows. Just as the spinning began to slow, the doors to the room (there suddenly seemed to be three or four of them where there had only been one before) were flung open, and through each door marched several identical women wearing Redoran colors and bearing buckets. “Oh, goody,” I mumbled, “A parade.” The bucket-bearing apparitions stepped over the broken furniture and advanced upon the bed. Without a word, they upended the buckets, dousing me with icy-cold water. As I spluttered and choked, the figures blended into just one tall, dark-haired woman, holding an empty bucket and looking at me carefully. I lurched upright and roared,

“Who the Oblivion are you?” Again, shouting was a bad idea, and I clutched my head as lightning seemed to flash behind my eyes.

My visitor seemed as unimpressed by my shouting as she was by my appearance. She simply waited until I more or less collapsed back onto the bed, then said in an amused voice,

“If you are ready to behave civilly, I can cure your affliction. If not, I have a number of other buckets at my disposal.”
She raised one eyebrow and waited for my response. A cure for the twenty or so tiny Dwemer smiths who had taken up residence in my head seemed a reasonable trade for a few minutes’ conversation. Besides, the sooner she said whatever it was she had to say, the sooner she would leave. Then I could get back to some serious drinking. Rather than risk speaking again, I gave a short nod. With that encouragement, she placed a cool hand on either side of my head and spoke some words which I couldn’t understand. A flash of burning cold seemed to enter my temples and exit through the soles of my feet, and then I was sober and clear-eyed for the first time in weeks. My mouth still tasted as if I had tried to swallow half the Ashlands, but at least I could think. My visitor had turned away and begun straightening the room while I took a moment to pull myself together. I observed her out of the corner of my eye as I stood and splashed more cold water on my face. She was of unmistakable Imperial heritage, a tall woman, dark-haired and dark-eyed. As she moved around the room, stopping to admire my glass armor, I realized that there was something familiar about her. Then it came to me and I said,

“You! It was you I saw in the Ashlander camps and Ald’ruhn! Who are you?”

She turned, made a mocking curtsey and said, “Since you ask so politely, how can I refuse to answer? I am Serene, formerly of Cyrodiil, now head of House Redoran. It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Trey.”

She then explained that she, too, had been sent to Vvardenfell as an agent of the Emperor- and of Azura. One of her tasks had been to smooth the path for and watch over a certain stubborn Breton ex-prisoner. But the fulfillment of prophecy required that I make my choices freely, without direct aid from any outside source. So it was that Serene had gone before me, preparing the way, speaking for me, building a relationship with the Ashlanders so that they would be willing to accept an outlander as Nerevarine. But that was all in the past; today she wished to speak of the future and my place in it.

“House Redoran needs you; Morrowind needs you. So don’t you think it’s time you stopped feeling sorry for yourself?”

I snarled my answer, “I am done carrying a sword for anyone ever again. You will have to find another to do your killing for you.”

Serene shook her head sadly. “I know how the deaths have weighed on you, Trey. I am a healer myself; I respect your desire to never fight again. But please listen. Although Dagoth Ur is gone, the land still needs to be healed. That is the task that lies before me. If you would agree to help, it will be much easier. No doubt you have encountered those people who call themselves ‘Sleepers?’ Now that Dagoth Ur no longer reaches into their dreams, they wander the land, unable to free themselves completely of his influence. As the Nerevarine, you alone can help them make that final step back to sanity. Won’t you please help?”

What could I do except agree? Each Sleeper I saved would be part payment for a life I had taken. To finally have a chance to give life back to people appealed to me strongly, so I agreed to go back out into the world. Serene thanked me for my promise, then wrinkled her nose prettily.

“There is one other thing. I am to be married in a few days, and you would be an honored guest. If it isn’t too much to ask, would you please take a bath before you come to my wedding?”

Postscript
Now, many years later, I look back over the pages that I have written and remember, too, the things not written. And as I wonder if it was all worth it, the door opens and she is there, her hair unbound and a lamp in her hand. She smiles fondly at me and says,

“Are you nearly finished? It’s late and the children are already in bed.”

That smile is all the answer I will ever need.

[i]Here Ends the Story of Trey
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 6 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Normally, I try not to say too much "outside the story;" I hope it will speak for itself. But, with this being the final installment, I feel the need to add just a bit.

First: Is this the end of Trey's adventures? No. I have drafted the opening for the next piece. It may be a while before I begin posting; I want to get enough material "in the book" to be able to update regularly.

More important: A great many people deserve my thanks for all of their help and faithful readership. Quite a few of them are here at W4O. Specifically, a heartfelt thank-you to Alexander and Stargelman for hosting the story and for providing a place where all of us can share story ideas. Their work and kindness can never be repaid.

If I start naming individuals, I will leave out someone important, and since you are ALL important, I don't want to do that. So- thank you to everyone who read, everyone who wrote, everyone who decided that they had a story to tell. It is a joy and a privilege to get to spend time (not as much as I would like) with such a talented group of people. Funny, I don't remember turning the "blurry" font on- must be a sign that it is time to close. :paperbag2:
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 6 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa, cool coneection.

*goes to catch up on the 600000 updates he's missed on Serene....*

Glad to hear that it isn't actually over.

Farewell the original story of Trey... :goodjob:

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Jul 6 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #66

Unregistered

[quote=treydog]Normally, I try not to say too much "outside the story;" I hope it will speak for itself. But, with this being the final installment, I feel the need to add just a bit.

First: Is this the end of Trey's adventures? No. I have drafted the opening for the next piece. It may be a while before I begin posting; I want to get enough material "in the book" to be able to update regularly.

More important: A great many people deserve my thanks for all of their help and faithful readership. Quite a few of them are here at W4O. Specifically, a heartfelt thank-you to Alexander and Stargelman for hosting the story and for providing a place where all of us can share story ideas. Their work and kindness can never be repaid.

If I start naming individuals, I will leave out someone important, and since you are ALL important, I don't want to do that. So- thank you to everyone who read, everyone who wrote, everyone who decided that they had a story to tell. It is a joy and a privilege to get to spend time (not as much as I would like) with such a talented group of people. Funny, I don't remember turning the "blurry" font on- must be a sign that it is time to close. :paperbag2:[/quote]

After reading that... :crying2: I have to... go to... do... someclothwashing.
+Quote Post
Veltan
post Jul 7 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #67

Retainer

No story is truely complete without a drunken rage in it somewhere smile.gif
Awesome story treydog, I can't wait for the next part(s).

--------------------
I'm just killing time
until my doomsday.

There's no reason or rhyme
to what they sooth-say.

p.s. Even though my website is called Teltano, Veltan was already taken.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jul 7 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Great as always Treydog! :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 8 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

wow great job Trey, Great job indead. it is good to hear that you aren't stopping there and continuing on in other ways.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jul 11 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

That was awsome.. I don't know what else to say...

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lucidarius
post Jul 11 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #71

Evoker

That was a good "end" to a long and entertaining read. Really nice to see both you and mingue including each other's main characters in your stories.

I'll be looking forward to the next installment about Trey. smile.gif

--------------------
Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied,
And vice sometime's by action dignified.
Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet II, 3
+Quote Post
OverrideB1
post Jul 11 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #72

Finder
Group Icon

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: awesome, simply awesome.

I knew, from comments you'd made on the ES forum that you were undertaking the Tribunal and BloodMoon quests and am delighted to hear that you are consigning them to paper for the next installment. I wait, with baited breath, for the next thrilling installment of [echo]TREY's ADVENTURES IN VVARDENFELL[/echo]

--------------------
Food, Slave, Telvanni ~ Take your pick.
The Coalition of Evil Geniuses: Overlord of Boom
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 11 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #73

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Great story Trey you have a great writing style and I especially liked how well described all the fight scenes were.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Jul 12 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #74

Finder
Group Icon

I just finished chapter 9 so im almost caught up biggrin.gif .

So far, very nice. Laced with humor and wit throughout the beginning, and as Trey transfroms from a scoundrel (an honorable one at that) to a more knightly individual, the story as well takes on a more serious tone.

The best fanfic I have ever read so far. (Granted I havn't read very many, so no offense to any writers that may read this post.)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:04 AM