Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 01:13 PM) *

The loose files are not much different than before. It is just now there is also a materials folder, and a lot more mods these days have scripts. But all you really have to do is copy it all to the data folder.

Ok Khajiit is not sure what's going on with NMM, and he has tried the suggestions people gave others with the same problem, so he is going to take your advice and try it your way.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 01:24 AM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

512 Standalone Hair Colors - is the best hair color mod I have found so far. Besides the huge amount of colors, it does its work without editing the HumanRace record. So it is compatible with other mods that do. It does require F4SE and LooksMenu, but you should have both anyway.

Armorsmith Extended - does an awful lot. I mainly downloaded it because I discovered that many of the vanilla clothing outfits won't allow you to wear vanilla armor pieces with them. Apparently just because Bethesda was being a dick that day. This fixes that. It also makes ballistic weave work with everything (but you still have to do the Railroad questline to get it), and makes more forms of headgear like glasses and bandannas work together.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 28 2017, 02:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 01:46 AM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

Companions Go Home - Looks really handy. I have not used it yet, but it says it will send companions back to their original home, rather than one of your settlements. So you can send Piper back to her newspaper, Nick back to his Detective Agency, Strong to his icky tower, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2017, 02:04 AM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 06:46 PM) *

Companions Go Home - Looks really handy. I have not used it yet, but it says it will send companions back to their original home, rather than one of your settlements. So you can send Piper back to her newspaper, Nick back to his Detective Agency, Strong to his icky tower, etc...

Wasn't this a thing in Vanilla? Could've sworn Khajiit sent Piper and Nick back to their original homes before, sans mods.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 02:16 AM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 25 2017, 08:04 PM) *

Wasn't this a thing in Vanilla? Could've sworn Khajiit sent Piper and Nick back to their original homes before, sans mods.

You can if you exit out of the settlement selection screen when the game asks you where you want them to go when you dismiss them. If you ever selected a settlement for them to go to however, that becomes their new permanent home. They will never return to their original home afterward.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 26 2017, 02:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 25 2017, 08:04 PM) *

You can if you exit out of the settlement selection screen when the game asks you where you want them to go when you dismiss them. If you ever selected a settlement for them to go to however, that becomes their new permanent home. They will never return to their original home afterward.

Ooooh ok, gotcha

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

Used Mod Organizer to download a few mods last night. Got the Pip-Pad! No more clunky arm bound pip boy! The animations in Vault111 were a lot wonky, but it works great outside of the vault. Also got Looksmenu (think that's what it's called, Armor and Weapons keywords, Armorsmith, F4SE and... think that's it. Wanted to get the Unofficial Fallout4 Patch, but alas, it requires all DLC.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool! It sounds like you got all the foundation mods you might need for other stuff to work. You might start getting an error message saying "Fallout 4 Has Stopped Working" when you use Mod Organizer to start the game. I will see a little red triangle in the window at the bottom of the interface saying "not found". So it is looking for something and not finding it, and aborting the start up.

Just ignore it and keep trying until it starts. I think the more mods you have, the more prone it is to get confused on start up. Because it never did it to me at first, but now I often have to try 3 or 4 times before it will start the game. It has never hurt anything, because the game never had the chance to start in the first place.

I have seen the Pip Pad too and have been thinking of trying it. I didn't like the FO3/NV version because it was held at an angle, and it made my head hurt looking at it that way. This one looks straight, so I ought to be fine with it. There is a warning in the mod not to active it until you are out of Vault 111 though! Probably because of that strangeness you encountered. I am guessing it had trouble doing the animation of plugging into the door control to open it?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 26 2017, 07:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2017, 12:20 PM) *

Cool! It sounds like you got all the foundation mods you might need for other stuff to work. You might start getting an error message saying "Fallout 4 Has Stopped Working" when you use Mod Organizer to start the game. I will see a little red triangle in the window at the bottom of the interface saying "not found". So it is looking for something and not finding it, and aborting the start up.

Just ignore it and keep trying until it starts. I think the more mods you have, the more prone it is to get confused on start up. Because it never did it to me at first, but now I often have to try 3 or 4 times before it will start the game. It has never hurt anything, because the game never had the chance to start in the first place.

I have seen the Pip Pad too and have been thinking of trying it. I didn't like the FO3/NV version because it was held at an angle, and it made my head hurt looking at it that way. This one looks straight, so I ought to be fine with it. There is a warning in the mod not to active it until you are out of Vault 111 though! Probably because of that strangeness you encountered. I am guessing it had trouble doing the animation of plugging into the door control to open it?
Thanks for the tip about the MO startup bug! Now Khajiit won't freak out if it acts up.

As for the Pip Pad, Khajiit read that warning wrong, lol. He thought it read "do not install after exiting Vault111.". Stupid ADD acting up again! Wasn't paying attention. That said, it was very brief weirdness with the animations, the hand clipped through the middle of the thing and Kim-Ly was trying to wear the thing on her arm still, but when she got out of the vault it disappeared from her wrist and only showed up again when she got it out to look at it.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 26 2017, 08:16 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2017, 02:35 AM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried out the Pip-Pad, but sadly could not get it working. Not sure why not. Oh well...

High Res DLC Black Face Fix - If you suddenly noticed your characters have black or brown faces, it is probably because of a bug from the Hi Res DLC. This mod is supposed to fix it. I have not tried the mod myself. Once I heard about the bug, I decided not to bother with Hi Res Texture pack

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 28 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #91

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 07:24 PM) *
512 Standalone Hair Colors - is the best hair color mod I have found so far. Besides the huge amount of colors, it does its work without editing the HumanRace record. So it is compatible with other mods that do. It does require F4SE and LooksMenu, but you should have both anyway.

...This fixes that. It also makes ballistic weave work with everything (but you still have to do the Railroad questline to get it)...

Ooh, liking that hair color mod. smile.gif

I'm not against doing the RR quests for Ballistic Weave, but this option is nice to have. It has two options for BW, find it in the Abandoned Shack in the Glowing Sea, or in Cambridge Polymer Labs.

This post has been edited by Cain: Feb 28 2017, 06:16 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #92

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 28 2017, 08:43 AM) *

I'm not against doing the RR quests for Ballistic Weave, but this? option is nice to have. It has two options for BW, find it in the Abandoned Shack in the Glowing Sea, or in Cambridge Polymer Labs.

Yes, it's ridiculous that the other factions don't have access to this in vanilla. This one assumes the idea is that the Brotherhood make extensive use of Power Armor, and the Institute don't care because they can just make more synths.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 28 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Not sure how that question mark got in there. laugh.gif

Bad logic on Bethy's part, then. The BoS ought to consider that a YUGE boon, especially those who don't want to wear power armor.

Institute, probably not interested, unless it's to provide more protection for their synths. But like you said, they can always just crunch out more gen 2's.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 28 2017, 11:18 AM) *

Not sure how that question mark got in there. laugh.gif

Bad logic on Bethy's part, then. The BoS ought to consider that a YUGE boon, especially those who don't want to wear power armor.

Institute, probably not interested, unless it's to provide more protection for their synths. But like you said, they can always just crunch out more gen 2's.

Khajiit would've thought though that an organization that evolved from the US Army would've had access to the ballistic weave technology any way. Should've come as standard knowledge to a BoS recruit, in this one's opinion.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 28 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

Yep. Instead, it took 210 years for PAM to figure out it might be of use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 28 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Yep. Instead, it took 210 years for PAM to figure out it might be of use.

It's funny that a machine had to be used to to determine an items potential for saving human lives, lol

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 28 2017, 07:42 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 28 2017, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 07:24 PM) *

...This fixes that. It also makes ballistic weave work with everything (but you still have to do the Railroad questline to get it)...

Ooh, liking that hair color mod. smile.gif

I'm not against doing the RR quests for Ballistic Weave, but this option is nice to have. It has two options for BW, find it in the Abandoned Shack in the Glowing Sea, or in Cambridge Polymer Labs.

Or you can open the console and type in this:

Set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1
Set RailroadClothingArmor_ChanceNone to 0

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 28 2017, 10:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 1 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

Also true, but I'm not a fan of consoling in stuff on RP's. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

So...
Does anyone know how to turn your characters around in Looksmenu if you are trying to tweak your character's body?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 1 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #100

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, no. I know what you mean, though. I wonder....can you change your body at the surgery center in DC?

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 AM