2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things we (still) haven't done yet
Renee
post Nov 17 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello, Chorrolites! I just wanted to take a quick inventory, to see if anybody is as bad at finishing things up as I am. Skyrim has been out 2 years and 3 days now, yet I have never...

... finished the Main Quest (I've started it twice, though),

...finished the Civil War any questlines. Again, I have started them both.

...finished Dawnguard, but I think Lord Haaf-Mersey will be done this soon. DG is surprisingly long in comparison to some other Skyrim questlines.

...finished the Bard's College stuff. LHM has joined this College, and done a couple quests for them, but I'm not sure if he's come to any sort of 'end'. Which is fine. He doesn't have to be the best at everything.

...become Thane of every hold.

... finished Dark Brotherhood (Mycharonna is still alive and active, but I haven't been gaming with her for awhile).

...finished Thieves Guild. I barely started this one; my character who started it was a prick, but he had no desire to mess with shopkeepers.

....been to Solstheim.

I think that's all the major things. I could type up a LONG list of Miscellaneous stuff, or quests that aren't as major, but I'd be here all afternoon typing those up. <_<

I am going to start the Civil War on Xbox pretty soon, and that character will probably be Claire Voyance II, or a currently-unnamed High Elf. Whoever she is, she will either be an Imperial fighting for the Imperial's side, or a Thamor fighting (again) for the Imperial's side. I thought of making a simple foot soldier to do this side of the quest, but the thought of a 'simple foot soldier' (who doesn't cast spells) suddenly being able to use Shouts kinda bugs me.

Actually, now that I've typed all that up, I like the Thalmor idea better. And (HOLY CRAP!) I think I know what I'm gonna name this Thalmor, too! bluewizardsmile.gif

When I do the Civil War on the Nord's side, this time I'm going to do the quest on PC. That probably won't happen until 2014, though.

How about y'all?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jan 5 2014, 08:15 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 17 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I haven't
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 17 2013, 03:36 PM) *

...finished started the Civil War any questlines,

...finished started the Bard's College stuff,

...become Thane of every hold.

in addition to any of the thieves' guild or dark brotherhood quests.

I have not done Boethiah's, Mehrunes Dagon's, Molag Bal's, Namira's, Nocturnal's, or Sanguine's quests.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Nov 17 2013, 10:52 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 17 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I completely forgot about DB and TG stuff! See, that's how long it's been since I've done anything with those quests.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 18 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

That is an interesting list Renee!

It looks like I have actually done a lot of things in Sky!

I have never done the main quest beyond killing the dragon at the Western Watchtower (and the only time I ever did that was to do the Civil War questline, which is dependent upon it).

I have never finished the DB questline. Had one character get about halfway through before getting bored with it.

I have never done the Dragonborn questline, and never will, aside from cleansing the all maker stones.

I did finish the TG questline, once. I didn't like roughing up shopkeepers either, or working for Maven Black-Bitch. So I will never do that one again.

I did finish the MG questline once as well. It went by so fast, it was over before I realized it was done.

Same with the Bard's College questline, that was over before I knew I had started it!

I have done the Civil War: once on the Imp side, twice on the 'Cloak side. I cannot see ever doing it again though. The endless "take the fort" quests just get too tedious. Plus I hate the way you have to kill a dragon just to fight the war. To think, all the suffering of World War 2 could have been avoided if someone had just refused to kill a dragon.

I finished the Dawnguard questline once from the Vampire side. D'Eon is eventually probably going to get around to doing it from the Dawnguard side.

Never did the Companions questline beyond the first two quests, and never will. Not interested in playing a werewolf.

I have done the Mara questline, Dibella, and Kynareth's Gildergreen questline. Will never do Kyne's Sacred Trials as it requires you to go around killing animal spirits (for the goddess of animals no less!)

I have done the Azura quest because it is pretty neat, and the Vile Clavicle quest because it is so damned hard to avoid. I have also done the Meridia, Malacath, and Vaermina/Mara quests a few times. I have done the Mehrunes Dagon, Sheogoroth, and Peryite quests once.

Will never do the Hircine quest, and probably never the Boethiah, Namira, Molag Bal, Mephala, or the others.

I wonder has anyone never done The Golden Claw for Lucan?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 18 2013, 02:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 18 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

I haven't done some of the daedric quests, particularly the non-malevolent ones except for Meridia(didn't she make a pact with Umaril the Unfeathered?) I didn't do the Divines quest either and I don't think I will. My characters have a negative outlook on the Nine in general, especially Stendarr and his fanatics. My hunters can't do Kynareth's quests . . . they're among the butchers heh.

Never done the Civil War quests as it required my characters to be Dragonborn, and the entire Main Quest and the involvement with dragons was pretty much meh for me.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 18 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Nov 17 2013, 06:13 PM) *

I haven't done some of the daedric quests, particularly the non-malevolent ones except for Meridia(didn't she make a pact with Umaril the Unfeathered?) I didn't do the Divines quest either and I don't think I will. My characters have a negative outlook on the Nine in general, especially Stendarr and his fanatics. My hunters can't do Kynareth's quests . . . they're among the butchers heh.

Never done the Civil War quests as it required my characters to be Dragonborn, and the entire Main Quest and the involvement with dragons was pretty much meh for me.

Meridia also destroyed the Ayleid city of Sideways (well, the one in Sideways Cave that is, not sure what the true name of the city was).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 18 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 18 2013, 12:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Nov 17 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Meridia also destroyed the Ayleid city of Sideways (well, the one in Sideways Cave that is, not sure what the true name of the city was).

Hmm. I didn't know this. So she's more of a grey Daedric prince, of course I say grey in the perspective of mortals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 18 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Forgot to mention, if you don't like playing the Dragonborn and the main quest, then you can completely avoid it by creating your own Alternate Start. This thread has details. Though of course it requires playing on PC.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 18 2013, 12:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 18 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

I've heard! But sadly, I am a console player kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

So far, I have three Arch-mages, and have not taken sides in the Civil war. No Companions, DB or TG either, as a Bear-Rider wouldn't. Even my male Khajiit who was built to be ineligible for the Riders, was a Neutral Good mage.

Silwen, the Bosmer Archer, has just done all the Bards College quests. They're non-partisan, not evil, and it doesn't take long to do the entire set. I'm trying to avoid magic with her, as I don't want a fourth Arch-mage! She may join the Thieves Guild, in order to do the No Stone Unturned quest for Barenziah's Crown, but not advance much beyond that.

Fleur is the only character for which I've had all the DLC's enabled, so she did the Dawnguard (not the vampire side) and Dragonborn quest lines, and built all the Hearthfires homes (but her kids live in Solitude, so they have others to play with).

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 18 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I should say that I have completed Dawnguard on the side of the vampire hunters. I have yet to create a character that would like to be a vampire.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Nov 18 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Still haven't downloaded or played Dawnguard and Dragonborn. One of these days. One of these days...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 18 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a first yesterday. Le Chevalier D'Eon was my first character to ever reach the armor cap.

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Nov 18 2013, 01:13 PM) *

Still haven't downloaded or played Dawnguard and Dragonborn. One of these days. One of these days...

They are worth it. Besides the questlines, each also add extra, otherwise unrelated stuff that IMHO is about worth the price of the DLCs anyhow. Especially if you get them for half off on a Steam sale, like I got most of mine.

DG adds some really neat looking vampire armor, some new Falmer and Chauruses, a new kind of heavy Falmer armor (which I have in mind for a future Falmer-Hunter character), new anti-undead spells, etc...

DB adds Solstheim of course, which you can still explore without doing the DB quest (though it is a bit awkward since you cannot sleep). It also has a lot of neat side-quests on the island, lots of new armor like Nordic Carved, Stahlrim, Chitin, and Bonemold, even a waterwalking effect.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 19 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 17 2013, 06:08 PM) *

I did finish the TG questline, once. I didn't like roughing up shopkeepers either, or working for Maven Black-Bitch. So I will never do that one again.

Cool. I have heard mixed things about TG in Skyrim, both good and bad. I think I could do it, and tolerate the part where we have to bully shopkeepers, but I need to have the right character for this. TG might have to be done on PC in my case, so I can (ya know) possibly 'modify' some parts I don't entirely agree with.

I did finish the MG questline once as well. It went by so fast, it was over before I realized it was done.

Lol YOU KNOW? laugh.gif HOly [censored] it went by quick.

I was doing Mage's College with Claire Voyance long ago. Claire was a cleric, not the sort of char. I'd like to see become Arch Mage. But I got curious, so I did some of MC with Claire. Just when I was thinking "okay, that's enough of Mage's College, I'll save the rest for a wizard or something, ALL A SUDDEN THE QUESTLINE WAS OVER. Claire had become Arch Mage, and had no desire to take the job!

I have done the Civil War: once on the Imp side, twice on the 'Cloak side. I cannot see ever doing it again though. The endless "take the fort" quests just get too tedious. Plus I hate the way you have to kill a dragon just to fight the war. To think, all the suffering of World War 2 could have been avoided if someone had just refused to kill a dragon.

Lol good point. I am finally over my dragon aversion, I think, now that I've dealt with 3 of them, I think I can finally do MG and Civil War. I don't mind what you're calling 'endless take the fort' quests, that sounds like fun to me! I like adventuring and adrenaline, and I don't mind attacking the same type of layout over and over, so I think I'll be okay there.

But the way I'm gonna do it: I'll do the Imperial's side on Xbox, and Stormcloak side on PC. This way, if I DO happen to get sick of dwaguns while on Xbox, at least I can cut out the random ones on PC. Right?

I finished the Dawnguard questline once from the Vampire side. D'Eon is eventually probably going to get around to doing it from the Dawnguard side.

Wow. This is gonna sound weird, but I totally forgot it's possible to do DG from the vamp's side.

Never did the Companions questline beyond the first two quests, and never will. Not interested in playing a werewolf.

You don't have to play a werewolf; there's only like one bit where we are forced to be a werewolf. The rest of the time, it's optional. I gotta admit, having 100% resistance to disease was pretty cool.

When I did Companions with Gunter, he was such a dummy, he had no idea what it truly meant to be Harbinger of Companions. Again, this questline went by much faster than FG in Oblivion, so I was kinda surprised when Gunter "already" was at the top. But at least I could laugh at the game, in the sense that here's this complete idiot now running the show, and he gets to have his pick of followers. biggrin.gif

I wonder has anyone never done The Golden Claw for Lucan?

LOl. Yeah. I've done this one so many times, I usually try to think of excuses for my later characters not to do this one. AGAIN. laugh.gif

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 18 2013, 12:23 PM) *

I should say that I have completed Dawnguard on the side of the vampire hunters.

Did Aravi do this questline?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Nov 19 2013, 12:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 19 2013, 01:48 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2013, 06:00 PM) *

But the way I'm gonna do it: I'll do the Imperial's side on Xbox, and Stormcloak side on PC. This way, if I DO happen to get sick of dwaguns while on Xbox, at least I can cut out the random ones on PC. Right?

yes, its really easy to get rid of the random dragons. Just open the console and type in: set MQ106TurnOffRandomDragons to 1

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2013, 06:00 PM) *

You don't have to play a werewolf; there's only like one bit where we are forced to be a werewolf. The rest of the time, it's optional. I gotta admit, having 100% resistance to disease was pretty cool.

Unless you become a werewolf the entire questline stops after 2 quests in (if you can count the little practice duel you have with Vilkas a quest). It also leaves one of the Companions stuck in the Underforge for the rest of the game. You can still do radiant "kill that" or "beat up this" quests after that, but I don't consider those true quests. And if you do become a werewolf, the rest of the questline revolves around being a werewolf.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Nov 19 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

I...still haven't finished the main quest. Haven't even gotten past where you re-open Sky Haven Temple.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 19 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2013, 05:00 PM) *

Did Aravi do this questline?

Yep. smile.gif She was well suited to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 19 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 18 2013, 07:48 PM) *

And if you do become a werewolf, the rest of the questline revolves around being a werewolf.

It does? That's not what I remember. I remember Gunter becoming a werewolf only once, while in the Underforge. Granted, my memory's not always 100%, but I don't remember having to become a werewolf over and over. I wouldn't have enjoyed that because it breaks immersion for me.

Or perhaps you mean the questline centers around the fact that the player is a werewolf, even if he/she never actually transforms (other than that one time)? The gamer must now listen to a lot of talk about he or she now being a werewolf?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Nov 19 2013, 02:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 19 2013, 02:44 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2013, 07:28 PM) *

Or perhaps you mean the questline centers around the fact that the player is a werewolf, even if he/she never actually transforms (other than that one time)?

I think this is what she means. The rest of the quests are fighting Silverblood or doing other wolf related things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 19 2013, 02:51 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2013, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 18 2013, 07:48 PM) *

And if you do become a werewolf, the rest of the questline revolves around being a werewolf.

It does? That's not what I remember. I remember Gunter becoming a werewolf only once, while in the Underforge. Granted, my memory's not always 100%, but I don't remember having to become a werewolf over and over. I wouldn't have enjoyed that because it breaks immersion for me.

Or perhaps you mean the questline centers around the fact that the player is a werewolf, even if he/she never actually transforms (other than that one time)? The gamer must now listen to a lot of talk about he or she now being a werewolf?

The second is what I mean. I don't really want want to drop gigantic spoilers, but the rest of the questline is all about fighting it out with werewolf hunters, and saving the soul of a dead werewolf, etc... Even the only 'real' quest before it was werewolf-heavy as well, as you are attacked by the same lycanthrope hunters and learn that the person you are with is a werewolf. That is why so many people describe the Companions as being The Werewolf questline.

To me it does not matter that I never have to transform into a werewolf after the first time. It is not about stats or anything like that for me. It is a matter of roleplaying. My character is still a werewolf, and that is going to by necessity change who and what they are, and color everything they do. I am not interested in that.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 19 2013, 02:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:16 AM