User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 18 2018, 01:57 AM
Post #1022

Ancient
Group Icon

Arby’s “Traditional Greek Gyro”, ‘cause Khajiit can’t get a real deal Gyro anywhere in this hellhole town he calls home dry.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 18 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #1023

Master
Group Icon

Fruit Punch and Mac and Cheese.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 18 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #1024

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 13 2018, 11:54 PM) *

Popcorn and soda.

-Ladies and GentleTemmies, WE HAVE A WINNER!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 19 2018, 05:10 AM
Post #1025

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 18 2018, 02:17 PM) *

-Ladies and GentleTemmies, WE HAVE A WINNER!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am the win biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 23 2018, 04:20 AM
Post #1026

Master
Group Icon

Made some Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings. I give them my official The Beautiful Award.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 14 2018, 03:04 AM
Post #1027

Master
Group Icon

Some successes:

Mary's Chili Verde (Hormel brand). Very good canned chili. It's now my favorite canned chili. If you dine on canned chili I recommend giving it a try.

Wishbone Avocado Oil dressing. Tried this with some apprehension. First few bites tasted decidedly odd. I then acclimated myself to the taste. Like it reasonably well. Well enough to add it to my roster of salad dressings.

Wishbone French Dressing. Haven't had French is ages. Never much cared for it. First salad I used it on tasted meh. Second salad was much better. It too makes the roster.

Am now adding chopped Jalapeno to my salad suppers. It improves their flavor ever so much. Don't know why I didn't think to add them before. They're certainly cheap enough, and yummy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 14 2018, 04:00 AM
Post #1028

Master
Group Icon

Pizza and soda for tonight.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 14 2018, 04:57 AM
Post #1029

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 13 2018, 09:04 PM) *

Some successes:

Mary's Chili Verde (Hormel brand). Very good canned chili. It's now my favorite canned chili. If you dine on canned chili I recommend giving it a try.

Is this tomatillo based, like chili verde you would get from a Mexican restaurant?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 14 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #1030

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 13 2018, 10:57 PM) *

Some successes:

Is this tomatillo based, like chili verde you would get from a Mexican restaurant?

It's definitely a "green" chili. As to the rest, here's a link to its official Hormel page, with clickable list of ingredients.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 14 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #1031

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 14 2018, 05:11 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 13 2018, 10:57 PM) *

Some successes:

It's definitely a "green" chili. As to the rest, here's a link to its official Hormel page, with clickable list of ingredients.

Yep, it’s looking very similar. Khajiit will have to try that if he sees it.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 26 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #1032

Master
Group Icon

Keep forgetting to mention, prolly because I'd rather not dwell on it, that for the last month or so I've been having an eight ounce serving of V8 and a half apple for lunch twice a week. Thing is, I'm no fan of V8. Those lunches are made tolerable only by the apple.

Otherwise, I still lunch mostly on soups/chili and an occasional WowButter sammich.

(I'm drinking today's V8 lunch as I type. Boy is it a struggle!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 26 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #1033

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 26 2018, 10:51 AM) *

Keep forgetting to mention, prolly because I'd rather not dwell on it, that for the last month or so I've been having an eight ounce serving of V8 and a half apple for lunch twice a week. Thing is, I'm no fan of V8. Those lunches are made tolerable only by the apple.

Otherwise, I still lunch mostly on soups/chili and an occasional WowButter sammich.

Khajiit actually likes V8. This one doesn’t like to drink a lot of it though because it has really high sodium.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 26 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #1034

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2018, 11:02 AM) *

Khajiit actually likes V8. This one doesn’t like to drink a lot of it though because it has really high sodium.

Yeah, I'm no fan of its sodium content either. Seems to me there is or was a low-sodium variant for name brand product. I buy the Walmart equivalent due to cost. Not sure it has a low-sodium version. If I remember I'll check next grocery run. (Not sure why I didn't think to do so sooner, unless I already did so.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 26 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #1035

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 26 2018, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2018, 11:02 AM) *

Yeah, I'm no fan of its sodium content either. Seems to me there is or was a low-sodium variant for name brand product. I buy the Walmart equivalent due to cost. Not sure it has a low-sodium version. If I remember I'll check next grocery run. (Not sure why I didn't think to do so sooner, unless I already did so.)

Yeah, V8 does (or did) have a lower sodium version, but it was not tasty iirc.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 28 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #1036

Master
Group Icon

Had one of my rare restaurant meals today, not because I especially craved decadent food, but to test my upper partial which needed to be altered following tooth loss. Chose the only restaurant I ever dine at any more, one of two all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets. (Americanized Chinese of course. So far as I know, there are no true oriental eateries in my neck of the woods natives to that part of the world would recognize as such.) The good news, despite the partial now coming loose when I bite down on my finger, during today's meal it remained solidly in place without a hint of loosening. It also remained in place during the one meal I tested it with at home...a Wowbutter sammich and half apple. I do not normal eat with my partial in at home. Why bother? I have enough of my own teeth to chew effectively, and there's one less thing to clean after meals.

The Buffet recently remodeled its interior. This was my first meal there since work finished. I couldn't care less about the redesign one way or other. But...the offerings all looked especially yummy in their trays, and tasted better than they have for quite some time. Was more pleased today's meal than I have been since the restaurant changed hands years ago. A good sign, I hope.

Have I mentioned I now add half a Jalapeno, finely diced, to each supper salad? They improve those meals ever so much. I recall buying Jalapenos years ago but stopped for some reason. No idea why.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 28 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #1037

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 28 2018, 04:38 PM) *

Had one of my rare restaurant meals today, not because I especially craved decadent food, but to test my upper partial which needed to be altered following tooth loss. Chose the only restaurant I ever dine at any more, one of two all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets. (Americanized Chinese of course. So far as I know, there are no true oriental eateries in my neck of the woods natives to that part of the world would recognize as such.) The good news, despite the partial now coming loose when I bite down on my finger, during today's meal it remained solidly in place without a hint of loosening. It also remained in place during the one meal I tested it with at home...a Wowbutter sammich and half apple. I do not normal eat with my partial in at home. Why bother? I have enough of my own teeth to chew effectively, and there's one less thing to clean after meals.

The Buffet recently remodeled its interior. This was my first meal there since work finished. I couldn't care less about the redesign one way or other. But...the offerings all looked especially yummy in their trays, and tasted better than they have for quite some time. Was more pleased today's meal than I have been since the restaurant changed hands years ago. A good sign, I hope.

Have I mentioned I now add half a Jalapeno, finely diced, to each supper salad? They improve those meals ever so much. I recall buying Jalapenos years ago but stopped for some reason. No idea why.

Khajiit is glad you enjoyed it D! Wish we had a decent “Chinese” Restaurant here where Khajiit lives.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #1038

Ancient
Group Icon

All you folks talking about chili prompted me to whip up a batch of my own homemade chili. I forgot to buy kielbasa, but it still turned out good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 28 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #1039

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 28 2018, 05:26 PM) *

All you folks talking about chili prompted me to whip up a batch of my own homemade chili. I forgot to buy kielbasa, but it still turned out good!

Ooh! Do you make yours hot n’ spicy? Khajiit loves a nice hot n’ spicy homemade chili over a Hebrew National hotdog with shredded cheddar cheese on top. Umm, good stuff!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 28 2018, 11:33 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 28 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #1040

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 26 2018, 11:51 AM) *

The problem here is that you are drinking the V8 while eating an apple. The tastes don't combine. Try drinking the V8 juice with Wow-Butter spread on a celery stalk. THAT goes with the V8 very well, and improves the flavor of the whole meal. Meanwhile, the apple can be eaten with some other meal to enhance it.

And the Jalapeno in your salad, rollinglaugh.gif You are either burning your taste buds away; or trying hard to taste anything because they are already burned out, lol. Try mincing Jalapeno up into baked beans and cornbread = mmm.

So glad you are able to eat again after that tooth extraction, that had to be a suffering period for you! Really glad you treated yourself to dinner, I always enjoy hearing about your meals at that restaurant! Also = glad to hear they are shaking things up at that restaurant you like to go to and that it has improved the food!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 28 2018, 11:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 AM