3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Daedra lockdown
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Just thought i would let you guys know that we are no longer allowed to place our daedra updates on the TES:Forum.

The updates will still be noted here of course.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 11 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing]Just thought i would let you guys know that we are no longer allowed to place our daedra updates on the TES:Forum.

The updates will still be noted here of course.[/quote]

Now why is that?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Master Gimp
Group Icon

They saw it as advertising for artwork on our site.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=minque][quote=Darkwing]Just thought i would let you guys know that we are no longer allowed to place our daedra updates on the TES:Forum.

The updates will still be noted here of course.[/quote]

Now why is that?[/quote]I saw the thread. It's because they are 'promoting' W4O apparently... Although I don't see it as such.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 11 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahh.....I see, for a minute I thought we weren´t allowed to have Daedra thingies on the main site for some daft reason but now >I understand

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #6

Master Gimp
Group Icon

It is annoying. Considering we are doing this to educate people. Its not like creating 16 daedric princes is a hobby.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing]It is annoying. Considering we are doing this to educate people. Its not like creating 16 daedric princes is a hobby.[/quote]You're pissed, huh? You seemed really happy before....

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 11:52 AM
Post #8

Master Gimp
Group Icon

[quote=Oozae][quote=Darkwing]It is annoying. Considering we are doing this to educate people. Its not like creating 16 daedric princes is a hobby.[/quote]You're pissed, huh? You seemed really happy before....[/quote]

I'm pissed because the thread was open for 4 pages and we had all sorts of people commenting on the varios daedra and whether they thought they would be in the game etc.

They should have locked it 3 weeks ago if they were that offended by it.
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post Apr 11 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

that really sucks well you could put links to the daedra in your signatures like you do for the site. yeah i know it wont be the same but some people might seee it
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing][quote=Oozae][quote=Darkwing]It is annoying. Considering we are doing this to educate people. Its not like creating 16 daedric princes is a hobby.[/quote]You're pissed, huh? You seemed really happy before....[/quote]

I'm pissed because the thread was open for 4 pages and we had all sorts of people commenting on the varios daedra and whether they thought they would be in the game etc.

They should have locked it 3 weeks ago if they were that offended by it.[/quote]I dunno. Threads in the Oblivion forum go pretty fast. Perhaps Freddo just noticed it then and he viewed it as advertising...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #11

Master Gimp
Group Icon

[rant]
Well a lot of people know about the site and the daedra updates so i'm not too concerned about the lack of attention. What angers me is that the official forum is locking dedicated fansites out of the loop for ridiculous reasons. Yeah a lot of work went into the updates of each daedra....but its all for free and the community gets an insight into the workings of the daedra.

It would seem that there are many threads that have a link to w4o in them, with reference to articles or screenshots etc...so whats the difference?

[/rant]
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post Apr 11 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

i read freddos post maybe you could try and persuade him so that he doesnt believe it was advertising even though it did link to the sight
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #13

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Nah whats done is done. Its just a shame.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing]Nah whats done is done. Its just a shame.[/quote]You have a say in the matter, Darkwing. You are an important member of the community smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #15

Master Gimp
Group Icon

[quote=Oozae][quote=Darkwing]Nah whats done is done. Its just a shame.[/quote]You have a say in the matter, Darkwing. You are an important member of the community smile.gif[/quote]

lol im flattered, but i would say from Freddo's comment, that we aren't that important.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing][quote=Oozae][quote=Darkwing]Nah whats done is done. Its just a shame.[/quote]You have a say in the matter, Darkwing. You are an important member of the community smile.gif[/quote]

lol im flattered, but i would say from Freddo's comment, that we aren't that important.[/quote]No-one seemed to mind, so I think Freddo's displeasure at the thread is biased...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #17

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Possibly. But either way, i'll have to think of an ingenious way to get around it lol
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 11 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Darkwing]Possibly. But either way, i'll have to think of an ingenious way to get around it lol[/quote]Curry favour with the other Moderators. With their support you should be able to ignore Freddo succesfully.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 11 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #19

Master Gimp
Group Icon

i think i'll just make a thread each monday and request that it be left alone. this way it will only occur once a week.
+Quote Post
Pinehead
post Apr 11 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Evoker

Freddo again? He's a little too 'locky' in my opinion. If I see something I don't understand why it was locked, it's always by Freddo. The other mods might have some more understanding.

--------------------
Oblivion? Never heard of it. Sounds like a joke.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:01 AM