Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~The Little Coffee Shop~
Channler
post Apr 21 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #181

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Apr 20 2006, 06:33 PM)
Hahaha... I hope I didn't insult you Minque! Sorry, if so. I didn't know you are Swedish. I guess you are even more attractive than your Avvy then.

I am extremely attracted to Norse people. Half my ancestry is Norman English, routed via Vermont - but that is rather watered down. At any rate, I did have a great time playing Project Entropia, but I kid you not .... it wound up costing Cain and I combined about $300.00 American.

Pshh...

I make that much in one gig smile.gif So . . . . I went fishing today, caught me a couple o' Brim.. Caused one to bleed to death ohmy.gif , but the rest came out fine.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 21 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #182

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konradude @ Apr 20 2006, 11:29 PM)
tongue.gif As long as you go lightly on the rap I'm up for it.

Or we could be one of those bands that do it over the phone.

Hehe, whats your state, city, area code, phone number and credit card number? tongue.gif

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 20 2006, 11:58 PM)
Yeah, I'd have to swim. Because airline tickets require this thing we call money. I have none.

But I have a job interview in 2 weeks! smile.gif
I don't wanna be in your band. I want to be in a band that covers your band's songs.  tongue.gif

Good luck on the job interview, I'm sure your brilliant intelligence and cunning good looks will get you through biggrin.gif. The cover band should go over well, though covering a local band can be a little confusing sometimes for audiances. It would be like buying a drink called "Superade cherry" and wondering what Superade was.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 21 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #183

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Apr 20 2006, 08:40 PM)
Pshh...

I make that much in one gig smile.gif So . . . . I went fishing today, caught me a couple o' Brim.. Caused one to bleed to death ohmy.gif , but the rest came out fine.

It's spelled Bream. Redneck. tongue.gif

I was gonna go fishing with my brother today, but he left before I got home from school.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 21 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #184

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 21 2006, 01:13 AM)
It's spelled Bream. Redneck. tongue.gif

I was gonna go fishing with my brother today, but he left before I got home from school.

Redneck? He lives in Ebonhart, you dang New York intelectual type!

I don't like fishing so much. Everyone just sits around with fishing rods, but me, I like to jump in and get the fish with my bear hands. I've caught enough baltic sea squid to stock your crazy New York sushi bars for weeks, and I once beat a great white so badly he gave up swimming and works at a law firm now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 21 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #185

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Apr 20 2006, 08:18 PM)
Redneck? He lives in Ebonhart, you dang New York intelectual type!

I don't like fishing so much. Everyone just sits around with fishing rods, but me, I like to jump in and get the fish with my bear hands. I've caught enough baltic sea squid to stock your crazy New York sushi bars for weeks, and I once beat a great white so badly he gave up swimming and works at a law firm now.

That last line... priceless.. lmao..

Oh well.. I still caught a fish.

But fishing is fun.. Bunch of buddies, sitting on a boat (without fishing liscences) chillin listen' to the radio and drinking a couple of... cokes... yes.. coke. Its all in the calmness of it.. But I'd take greenvilles nightlife over fishing anyday.

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 21 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #186

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Apr 21 2006, 02:08 AM)
That last line... priceless.. lmao..

Oh well.. I still caught a fish.

But fishing is fun.. Bunch of buddies, sitting on a boat (without fishing liscences) chillin listen' to the radio and drinking a couple of... cokes... yes.. coke. Its all in the calmness of it.. But I'd take greenvilles nightlife over fishing anyday.

Yeah, I know the joys of fishing, though usually when I go we go to lakes, put on our Fisherman boots (as in the ones that go past your knees) and stand around with our rods. We all catch some thing that way, but I always end up, without fail, grabbing a fish out of the water. Also, popcorn is great bait suprisingly biggrin.gif.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 21 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #187

Mouth
Group Icon

I love fishing! We live on a lake now, but haven't fished it yet. When we lived in Tarpon Springs, Florida we used to go over acrost from the shrimp dock at the Sponge Docks and fish with hot dog slices or breadballs. You could drag all the channelcats outa that river that you wanted to ... the catfish were crazy for feeding on the shimp heads that got thrown back into the river each day.

When we lived on a canal in Hudson, Florida (pirate-town USA. Really, every year we had the Gasparilla Day Boat Parade through the canals and everyone would be a pirate that day) my hubby Cain used to gig mullet for me with a gig-spear. They are really delicious. Then our neighbors down the canal decided that they couldn't eat all the crabs their 2 crabtraps would snare ... so they let us empty their traps and eat crabs for dinner anytime we wanted.

Another place I worked, I was an oyster shucker (awe shucks - don't laff) and when I'd get home from work, Cain would have 3 or 4 catfish swimming in the bathtub for my dinner. I would knock them out with a hammer first, before slicing the throat 'cause I don't like all that wiggling around. I was the only person eating even fresher seafood than the restaurant I worked at, who got their seafood straight from the gulf boats every afternoon.

God .... I love Florida. OK, gonna go rut around the fridge, I made myself hungry here...tee hee

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Kora
post Apr 21 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #188

Retainer

My gradfather tried to get me into fishing when I was little, but I used to get bored easily. Once, I even left for home, leaving him alone, by the creek, in the middle of nowhere! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join the Darkside - we have cookies!
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 21 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #189

Mouth
Group Icon

Anyone here notice how strangely delicious Crawdads are? They're probably the messiest food I've ever eaten, you eat all of the innards and you have to eat it out of the shell (atleast thats my opinion) but still I can't resist buying a few sittings of them.

If anyone goes to a shushi place anytime soon, ask for BBQ Ika. They'll know what you want and you'll get a nice sized squid, gutted, and chopped into pieces. Mmm, the best part is the tentacles. Man, last time I ordered BBQ Ika two chef's came out and watched me eat for a few minutes, and when I first ordered it the waitress ran over to a chef and started talking and pointing at me.

Also, if you go to an authentic Chinese restaurant, ask for Snow Pea Greens. Its a delicious meal that I've never actually seen on a menu, but every authentic Chinese restaurant I've ever eaten at has them. Kind of like a special prize for us with Chinese friends.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 21 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #190

Mouth
Group Icon

Red,
So nice to hear of you talking about Chinese/Japanese menu items ... I waitressed in a Chinese Restaurant for 3 years and it was one of my best jobs ever. I know of the snow pea pods, also candied seaweed and baby octopii-on-a-spoon.

There is a new Sushi Restaurant that just opened acrost from our Winter Park Village - so I will try ordering this BBQ Ika there. I hear they have very tasty steaks there too. I love calamari deep fried, so I'm guessing that I would like this BBQ style too. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 21 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #191

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Apr 20 2006, 10:53 PM)
Yeah, I know the joys of fishing, though usually when I go we go to lakes, put on our Fisherman boots (as in the ones that go past your knees) and stand around with our rods. We all catch some thing that way, but I always end up, without fail, grabbing a fish out of the water. Also, popcorn is great bait suprisingly biggrin.gif.

Greenville? Are you serious?

Anyway, better not tell me you were fishing without a license; my dad's a game warden.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 21 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #192

Mouth
Group Icon

*Shows off shiney game license* Check and mate, mr. Dantrag.

Mmm, baby Octopi (or adult). Cleaned and seasoned, BBQ, in a salad, in soup, nice and fresh, if you can name a way to eat Octopus, I can enjoy eating it that very way. Squid is also delicious anyway you prepare it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 22 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #193

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 21 2006, 03:17 PM)
Greenville? Are you serious?

Anyway, better not tell me you were fishing without a license; my dad's a game warden.

For under aged clubbing.. it rocks... Those snobs in Raleigh wont let me in their clubs.

And I have no license.. But I was fishing on private property tongue.gif Oh snap!

sad.gif my easter break is almost over.. sad.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 22 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #194

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Apr 21 2006, 11:39 PM)
For under aged clubbing.. it rocks... Those snobs in Raleigh wont let me in their clubs.

And I have no license.. But I was fishing on private property tongue.gif Oh snap!

sad.gif my easter break is almost over.. sad.gif

Clubbing? They have seals in Greenville? Man, I thought I knew about animal geography tongue.gif.

My easter break ended Wednesday Mr. Luckypants! Did you get an extra week off? Or do you celebrate some sort of Mega-Easter?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 22 2006, 03:46 AM
Post #195

Master
Group Icon

We get good friday, and then the next whole week.. But only because we haven't missed (as a school) a single day this entire school year.

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Apr 22 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #196

Mouth
Group Icon

I hadn't posted in a while so I thought I might drop by.

Just saying hello to those of you who actually care (very little).

I'm doing fine on my own so far, though I am running into difficulty.

I also have a more current photo. As you can see things are looking fine.

user posted image

+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 22 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #197

Mouth
Group Icon

Aww c'mon Stomache ache, we care about you. Any way I or anyone else here can help you with those diffaculties?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 22 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #198

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Apr 22 2006, 01:06 PM)
Aww c'mon Stomache ache, we care about you. Any way I or anyone else here can help you with those diffaculties?

Yeah Stomach Ache...we care about you and it´s good to hear you´re safe and sound...or aren´t you?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 22 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #199

Knower
Group Icon

ya dont be that way stomach ache everyone here cares about you. its almost time to close this coffee shop.

" robs the coffee shop off all its cake and coffee before it closes but get caught"

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 22 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #200

Mouth
Group Icon

Good eye, mr. King. Consider this coffee shop, closed for business.

I'll start a new one if no one minds.

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:29 PM