Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll about Empire Mod (we want your opinion), Please just answer yes or no
Would you like part of skull island to be cursed in which brings the players stats down for a period of time?
Would you like part of skull island to be cursed in which brings the players stats down for a period of time?
YES [ 10 ] ** [71.43%]
NO [ 4 ] ** [28.57%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
maxitar
post Jun 26 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Retainer

One of the Empire Mods' talented writers came up with the idea to have part of the island cursed in which the players stats are lowered for a period of time if they enter this region. We decided instead of just guessing, we ask for you the players thoughts. biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 9 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Agent

That sounds like a really good idea! It reminds me of Metroid Prime2 biggrin.gif Dont know why though. i think you should definately go through with that. And for all you haterz, don't be hatin' lol. why not? its a good challenge and its not like its permanent. but yeah, go through with it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 10 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #3

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Sure why not? Sounds interesting.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
maxitar
post Jul 10 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #4

Retainer

K, thanks for your input. We will be sure to do that then. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 12 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #5

Agent

QUOTE(maxitar @ Jul 9 2006, 11:25 PM) *

K, thanks for your input. We will be sure to do that then. biggrin.gif

glad i could help biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Sounds like a good idea, but please think it over before running off. A mage won't give crap about any reduction in strength. (Until said reduction becomes so high he can't lift his robe. smile.gif ) Likewise, a warrior won't care if his intelligence is reduced while a thief will only care about agility reductions and such.

What I'm trying to say is, make sure you balance things out so all types of characters are effected by it.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 12 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #7

Agent

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Jul 12 2006, 04:46 PM) *

Sounds like a good idea, but please think it over before running off. A mage won't give crap about any reduction in strength. (Until said reduction becomes so high he can't lift his robe. smile.gif ) Likewise, a warrior won't care if his intelligence is reduced while a thief will only care about agility reductions and such.

What I'm trying to say is, make sure you balance things out so all types of characters are effected by it.

thats a good point, but i think hes saying hes going to lower ALL stats...right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
maxitar
post Jul 13 2006, 01:23 AM
Post #8

Retainer

There are two possible solutions, one is to lower all stats. Another is to lower the stats that the player has focused in. So if the player picked the "class" mage at the beginning, then those are the ones to be lowered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 18 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #9

Agent

QUOTE(maxitar @ Jul 12 2006, 08:23 PM) *

There are two possible solutions, one is to lower all stats. Another is to lower the stats that the player has focused in. So if the player picked the "class" mage at the beginning, then those are the ones to be lowered.

that seems difficult. are you sure youre up to task? im not trying to dis your 5w337 5k!11z, but seriously. maybe you could lower the major/minor skills, but then again, they could have trained one of their now important skills thats not major/minor. i did it once. i had a major skill of light armor, but after i got full daedric, i trained my heavy armor (which was a misc. skill) and stopped wearing light. eventually, my heavy armor was almost as high as my light armor.(light: 90 sumthin. heavy: 80 sumthin)

so i dunno.

--------------------
+Quote Post
maxitar
post Jul 18 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #10

Retainer

mabye lowering all stats for a while is the best solution. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:49 AM