23 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
Acadian
post Jul 27 2016, 12:26 AM
Post #181

Paladin
Group Icon

Larry the bonelord is weird as can be! I wonder what those long-necked four armed dudes looked like when they were bedecked with flesh.

Oh, I approve of the Acadian Isles! Red Mountain. . . not so much. tongue.gif

Neat peek at that city in the distance. What is that little critter?

Love the reference to the mighty Minsc and Boo! wub.gif There’s another of those curious critters – dead this time. I’m chuckling over the skellie’s animation/pose.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 31 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #182

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2016, 12:05 AM) *

mALX: I think the Bitter Coast is probably my favorite area in Morrowind. I love the swamps, and all the islands and grottos along the coastline.

Whenever I read "The West Gash" I always think of something rude... wink.gif

Acadian: There are two netches in the Bitter Coast Sunset pic. The one on the left with the translucent blue body is a female, and the larger brown one to the right is a male.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Coastal shack

Persephone found a shipwreck

One of the Daedric Shrines behind her

Persephone is a hottie

Persephone battles Dagoth Big Nose

Readying a spell

Meet Larry's other brother Larry

Yes, Bethesda naming that "The Gash" would have been hard enough to ignore; but the Wet West Gash = me sounding like Beavis and Butthead for the next 45 minutes every time I thought of it, laugh.gif

That is a very cool looking underwater cave! And one very ugly slaughterfish!

I love the Bitter Coast too; it just feels so believable with the little islands and that shack is a perfect example.

Ooh, was there any drowned treasure near the shipwreck?

Hmmm, I wonder if that is the same shrine as your "Where Am I" post!!! laugh.gif

Persephone is most def a hottie! What an Awesome screen!

OH! OH! Is she going after Dagoth-Ur? AWESOME !!!!!!!

"Readying" is another spectacular shot, mainly because it is such an awesome close in shot of Persephone's face! She is gorgeous!

OMG, she has a summonable really creepy looking bonelord follower? Does he fight well defending her? Urgh, they are so creepy!!! But if they are tough fighters, I guess having one by one's side would be ... doable, laugh.gif

You really went all out in these shots, these are spectacular! My favorites are the "Readying" and "Hottie," but all are Awesome !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 26 2016, 06:28 PM) *

Acadian: The sheer number of slaughterfish in the water around Vvardenfell is enough to make most people say Ewwww. OTOH stepping into the water is one of the best ways to level up fast.

The Daedric Shrines are pretty simple on the inside. Most have a little corridor that runs from the door to a single large chamber with the Daedric Prince's statue. Some have a rooms beyond. But for most that is all. In fact, all of Morrowind's dungeons are small. Most are just 3-4 rooms total. Multi-level dungeons are usually only quest-related, and even those tend to only be a handful of rooms each.

Persehphone has her eye on you...

Hanging out with Other Brother Larry

More of the Acadian Isles

Red Mountain

A closer look beyond the Ghostfence

The Redoran city of Ald'Ruhn can be seen in the distance

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose, Boo, we will leave no crevice untouched!"

I meant to say something in the last set of screens, the "Larry" shot = about Persephone's expression on her face in that shot - she has the same expression in this shot, and it reminded me I had meant to mention it.

One of the things I loved so much about the other shot and this one both is her expression, while looking at that freaky bonelord - you could write a story just off her expression and the setting; that horrible looking bone thing with no neck - that is a spectacular shot because her expression is so intriguing in it; you have to wonder what she is thinking!

Those Acadian Isles are gorgeous - I haven't found them yet in my game, not that I know of l (but it has been a couple years since I played Morrowind)

Oh, this is so exciting! I never got even near Red Mountain in my game, I have never even seen screens of it! AWESOME !!!!!!!

Wow, the Ghostfence looks really good in this shot! Is it like a City Wall or something? I really would like one day to play Morrowind through and see all these things I've only heard about on forums!

And the red sky in these shots is really setting the scene for meeting Dagoth-Ur; like those ones in the tunnel in your last set when you were fighting an ascended sleeper or ash vampire (I don't know what it was) - but the redness accentuated the feel of being so near that volcanic core!

In ESO, I have really come to love Red Mountain; and the ash storms even. But after seeing these screens, I kind of wish they had put a little reddish tint to the sky near the lava flows there. I mean, I am sure they didn't because red uses up so many resources and with so many people and NPC's in such a vast open cell - it would probably cost them if they did in the playability around Red Mountain. But what a nice touch it would be!

They did use red in the core of the volcano where you battle the 'Brothers of Strife'; but it is a separate cell with only a handful of NPC's and you are the only player there.

To me, it just adds to the whole feel of being that near an actively erupting volcano.

OMG, Larry looks like he is wiping his brow here! That is so funny!!!!

Awesome update !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #183

Ancient
Group Icon

Persephone has explored the western coast of Vvardenfell all the way up to the upper corner of the island. Solstheim is in sight on the horizon. But she remains on the big island. She has been working her way east along the northern coast now. I plan to head to the big foyada that runs from Red Mountain to the sea, and then turn back south, to explore the remaining areas on the western side of the map.

Solstheim looms in the background

Ready for northern dangers

Exploring a dwarven ruin

Persephone has a big girl bow now...

Making good use of levitation

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 6 2016, 01:37 AM
Post #184

Paladin
Group Icon

Despite the game’s limitations, you have certainly done a magnificent job bringing Persewind to the Dunmeri province. Her face is amazing.

Very cool how, in ‘Exploring...’, the pure vertical angle of Persephone’s sword matches that of the spires around her.

Woah! That is an Artillery Bow! ohmy.gif

Levitation looks like great fun!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 6 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #185

Ancient
Group Icon

"Solstheim" - It may look intriguing here; but I can't see the name without hearing it being said in Vilja's sulking voice, laugh.gif I think she mentions Solstheim several thousand times per day.

In "Ready," is this the same strip of water northern border in the Skyrim game?

"Exploring" = my favorite shot; this place is Awesome! I never saw it in my game, it is amazing!

"Big Girl Bow" = 2nd favorite shot. HOLY COW! That ballista is HUGE !!!! Awesome Shot!!! But ... can it be shot or is it a static?

Ooooh, Levitation !!! Okay, now I have to ask: How does it end? Can you be up in the air and just plummet to the ground? Is there a warning when it is going to run out? Can you cast it repeatedly or can you only do it once per X time? I've always wanted to try it; did not find it yet in my Morrowind game. Holy Cow she is high up, though. A fall from up there - urgh!

All Awesome shots !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 14 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #186

Ancient
Group Icon

Persephone has explored all of northern Vvardenfell, from the west of the big foyada that runs from Red Mountain all the way to the Sea of Ghosts. With that done she headed back south, walking along the Ghost Fence with her boots of levitation. Yesterday she finished exploring the last few areas of the Acadian Isles that she had not before visited. Since then she has been exploring Azura's Coast, and a bit of Molag Amur.

In the ash-choked paths of the latter she came across an old orc looking for a good death. She gave it to him. Now Persephone carries the legendary sword Umbra. I don't really have much use for its soul trap, since magic items automatically regenerate their charges in Morrowind (I increased the speed with a mod). I also haven't quite figured out how to use it, since it does not work automatically when you hit. I think you have to cast the soul trap like a scroll). I think it looks good with the rest of Persephone's outfit, and it does a lot more damage than her silver claymore. So I think I will keep it. I might just change the effect from soul trap to absorb health, or damage health. (and maybe change its name to Stormbringer wink.gif)

I know I created Saya for Skyrim, but I am still having fun with Persewind, so I am going to stick with playing Morrowind for a litlte while longer.

Acadian: Levitating is very helpful in Morrowind. Some areas in dungeons are specifically made to only be reachable via levitation. The landscape of Vvardenfell is split up by mountain ranges, which I think was a clever way to make the game world seem larger, along with the omnipresent mist (which I got rid of asap). But even though the mountain ranges are barriers that restrict your sight across the province, the peaks are also populated with monsters. So Beth must have been expecting people to use levitation to get up on top of them.

mALX: The Ready pic is that same sea along the northern coast of Skyrim. It is just a bit to the east. So you could follow it to Skyland.

Morrowind spells don't have a timer showing how long they have left. So Levitation spells and potions end with no warning. So one moment you are walking on air. The next you are plummeting to your death. If you are quick, you can recast your levitate spell or drink another potion. If not, that is what the quickload key is for! You can recast or drink another potion before you fall of course. You just have to guess when to do it, and have the magicka of course. laugh.gif Persephone found a pair of boots of levitation early on, which she has kept to use for the rest of the game. It makes life a lot easier.

Looking north from the foothills of Red Mountain

North Shore

Azura's Coast, with the city of Vivec in the background

Sunset on a Telvanni Tower

Corprus Stalker

Facing an Ascended Sleeper

Umbra. It is everything!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 14 2016, 08:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 14 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #187

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, Persephone really steals the show - she just looks so darn good in MW. Particularly since the background there is . . . less vibrant than some of the other games. Umbra! Oh my, that blade sure has a long history. I'm just so glad you're enjoying MW and were able to get Persephone looking so good there. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 16 2016, 08:44 AM
Post #188

Master
Group Icon

Great shot of Persephone with Solstheim behind her. Where was that shot taken? I never noticed that Solstheim can be so visible so good with the fog removed.

Now that really is one big bow! laugh.gif

I love all those hidden places you can reach by levitating.

Great landscape shots!

Do you use some mod that brightens dungeons, because I recall them being darker, especially those populated by Ash Spawns?

Perspehone must be tough if she managed to bring down Umbra.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 16 2016, 09:20 AM
Post #189

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 14 2016, 09:43 PM) *

"Having Cthulu in an Elder Scrolls game was perhaps not Bethesda´s best idea"

-Oh? This isn´t the Caption thread? hehe.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 17 2016, 01:32 AM
Post #190

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I think you mean Jennifer Garner looks so darn good in Morrowind! laugh.gif I would not have thought that Umbra would work with Persephone's look, but the sword is more silver than black. So it fits in with the rest of her outfit.

Lopov: That particular shot of Solstheim in the North Shore pic was taken at the northern end of the long foyada that runs from Red Mountain all the way to the north coast of Vvardenfell. That is Khuul right behind her.

I did create a mod that brightens up all the dungeons in the vanilla game. Before that I created a ring that grants Night Eye at a large scale. I still use that for the dungeons in Bloodmoon, which I have not gotten to brightening up yet.

mirocu: There is always room for Cthulhu! Just wait until the stars are right...

Exploring the ashlands of Molag Amur

Persephone and Larry take on a Golden Saint

Dealing with a Cliffracer above the Ghost Fence

Persephone meets a Storm Astronaut

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 17 2016, 07:37 AM
Post #191

Master
Group Icon

That's a flashing battle with the Golden Saint.

Leviation has its uses but you're not safe even in the sky.

The Strom Astronaut looks really bored.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 17 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #192

Paladin
Group Icon

Persephone's still looking good!

Love the golden saint shot - and what a great view of Persephone's beautiful ponytail! tongue.gif

So that's what a cliffracer looks like. Never encountered one.

The stormie looks pretty good in MW. More. . . alive looking than his successors in newer games.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 18 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #193

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 14 2016, 03:43 PM) *

Persephone has explored all of northern Vvardenfell, from the west of the big foyada that runs from Red Mountain all the way to the Sea of Ghosts. With that done she headed back south, walking along the Ghost Fence with her boots of levitation. Yesterday she finished exploring the last few areas of the Acadian Isles that she had not before visited. Since then she has been exploring Azura's Coast, and a bit of Molag Amur.

In the ash-choked paths of the latter she came across an old orc looking for a good death. She gave it to him. Now Persephone carries the legendary sword Umbra. I don't really have much use for its soul trap, since magic items automatically regenerate their charges in Morrowind (I increased the speed with a mod). I also haven't quite figured out how to use it, since it does not work automatically when you hit. I think you have to cast the soul trap like a scroll). I think it looks good with the rest of Persephone's outfit, and it does a lot more damage than her silver claymore. So I think I will keep it. I might just change the effect from soul trap to absorb health, or damage health. (and maybe change its name to Stormbringer wink.gif)

I know I created Saya for Skyrim, but I am still having fun with Persewind, so I am going to stick with playing Morrowind for a litlte while longer.

Acadian: Levitating is very helpful in Morrowind. Some areas in dungeons are specifically made to only be reachable via levitation. The landscape of Vvardenfell is split up by mountain ranges, which I think was a clever way to make the game world seem larger, along with the omnipresent mist (which I got rid of asap). But even though the mountain ranges are barriers that restrict your sight across the province, the peaks are also populated with monsters. So Beth must have been expecting people to use levitation to get up on top of them.

mALX: The Ready pic is that same sea along the northern coast of Skyrim. It is just a bit to the east. So you could follow it to Skyland.

Morrowind spells don't have a timer showing how long they have left. So Levitation spells and potions end with no warning. So one moment you are walking on air. The next you are plummeting to your death. If you are quick, you can recast your levitate spell or drink another potion. If not, that is what the quickload key is for! You can recast or drink another potion before you fall of course. You just have to guess when to do it, and have the magicka of course. laugh.gif Persephone found a pair of boots of levitation early on, which she has kept to use for the rest of the game. It makes life a lot easier.

Looking north from the foothills of Red Mountain

North Shore

Azura's Coast, with the city of Vivec in the background

Sunset on a Telvanni Tower

Corprus Stalker

Facing an Ascended Sleeper

Umbra. It is everything!

Well, since I know you were in the West Gash; I would be guessing the boots of the Apostle; but before you posted those screens I thought I remembered seeing some of Persephone going into Divayth Fyr's. Could they be those boots you get from Yagrum Bagarn?

I would give anything to watch you play, wish you made vids of your Morrowind gameplay!!!

Holy Crap, that is some rough looking land!

But the Northern shore is the total opposite; just gorgeous !!!

Azura's Coast is pretty too!

Ooh, Telvanni = Divayth Fyr! I hope you get a screen of Persephone talking to him!

Geez, that Corprus Stalker doesn't look as scary as Darryl, laugh.gif

But those Ascended Sleepers = GAAAAAH!

Oh cool, Umbra! And what a gorgeous area you are in there!

These are Awesome!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 16 2016, 08:32 PM) *

Acadian: I think you mean Jennifer Garner looks so darn good in Morrowind! laugh.gif I would not have thought that Umbra would work with Persephone's look, but the sword is more silver than black. So it fits in with the rest of her outfit.

Lopov: That particular shot of Solstheim in the North Shore pic was taken at the northern end of the long foyada that runs from Red Mountain all the way to the north coast of Vvardenfell. That is Khuul right behind her.

I did create a mod that brightens up all the dungeons in the vanilla game. Before that I created a ring that grants Night Eye at a large scale. I still use that for the dungeons in Bloodmoon, which I have not gotten to brightening up yet.

mirocu: There is always room for Cthulhu! Just wait until the stars are right...

Exploring the ashlands of Molag Amur

Persephone and Larry take on a Golden Saint

Dealing with a Cliffracer above the Ghost Fence

Persephone meets a Storm Astronaut

Now you're talking! I used to hate the Ashlands, but have really come to love them in ESO!

That Golden Saint looks amazing !!!

Holy Cow, she is fighting a Cliffracer while levitating? GAAAAAH !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1EpmaDbrLM

OMG!!! They really knew how to make a horrid looking monster back then! The ones that come later don't even look scary!

Awesome Shots !!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 18 2016, 11:16 PM
Post #194

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: I am not sure where all the colored streaks of light came from in the battle with the Golden Saint. But it sure makes the battle look more interesting!

I am using a mod to reduce the number of Cliffracers. But they are still all over the place! I cannot imagine how bad the game must have been with the original amount of them. It is no wonder people hate them so much.

Acadian: Hope you never do encounter a Cliffracer! Bethesda made a mistake when they were placing the spawn points for monsters, and literally set 100 times more of them to exist than they had intended. In some places you literally cannot walk ten feet without being attacked by yet another Cliffracer.

I noticed that the Storm Astronaut has a human-like face in the middle of his rocky body. The ones from other games lack one that looks that anthropomorphic. I think the Oblivion ones are my favorite. I love how the rocks in their body will all fly apart and then come back together again.

mALX: Persephone does have the Boots of the Apostle. At first I thought they were just another pair of levitation boots. But I have not found any other ones in the game. I looked them up recently and found out that they are actually an artifact. They come in very handy.

I never liked the Molag Amur region in my previous playthroughs. But this time I am really enjoying the black, volcanic landscapes.

Persephone has not gone to see Divayth Fyr yet though. She has barely done any of the main quest. She has just been exploring.

Persephone decided to take a break from Vvardenfell, and took a ship to Solstheim. So far she has explored the eastern half of the island, and gotten involved with the Fort Frostmoth quests, and the Skaal. She started fixing all the All-Maker Stones, and so far has done three of them. She still has not gotten to Raven Rock, and I doubt she will want to do the East Empire quest from either side. In her mind, the island is better off without the Empire there.

Welcome to Solstheim

Looking back on Morrowind

I forget what that big stone arch is, but you can see it from Morrowind

Under the arch

Land of the Moose

and the Horker

Persephone has healed the Good Beast

Persephone vs. The Wampa

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 18 2016, 11:37 PM
Post #195

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 18 2016, 06:16 PM) *

Lopov: I am not sure where all the colored streaks of light came from in the battle with the Golden Saint. But it sure makes the battle look more interesting!

I am using a mod to reduce the number of Cliffracers. But they are still all over the place! I cannot imagine how bad the game must have been with the original amount of them. It is no wonder people hate them so much.

Acadian: Hope you never do encounter a Cliffracer! Bethesda made a mistake when they were placing the spawn points for monsters, and literally set 100 times more of them to exist than they had intended. In some places you literally cannot walk ten feet without being attacked by yet another Cliffracer.

I noticed that the Storm Astronaut has a human-like face in the middle of his rocky body. The ones from other games lack one that looks that anthropomorphic. I think the Oblivion ones are my favorite. I love how the rocks in their body will all fly apart and then come back together again.

mALX: Persephone does have the Boots of the Apostle. At first I thought they were just another pair of levitation boots. But I have not found any other ones in the game. I looked them up recently and found out that they are actually an artifact. They come in very handy.

I never liked the Molag Amur region in my previous playthroughs. But this time I am really enjoying the black, volcanic landscapes.

Persephone has not gone to see Divayth Fyr yet though. She has barely done any of the main quest. She has just been exploring.

Persephone decided to take a break from Vvardenfell, and took a ship to Solstheim. So far she has explored the eastern half of the island, and gotten involved with the Fort Frostmoth quests, and the Skaal. She started fixing all the All-Maker Stones, and so far has done three of them. She still has not gotten to Raven Rock, and I doubt she will want to do the East Empire quest from either side. In her mind, the island is better off without the Empire there.

Welcome to Solstheim

Looking back on Morrowind

I forget what that big stone arch is, but you can see it from Morrowind

Under the arch

Land of the Moose

and the Horker

Persephone has healed the Good Beast

Persephone vs. The Wampa

If I'm not mistaken; those two are the only levitation boots in the game without mods. I wonder if there is any difference in the enchantments on the two levitation boots? The pair you get from Bagarn is Dwarven, so probably heavy armor. Are the Apostle boots medium? They look pretty on the internet pictures.

If we see Vilja in the Solstheim screens, I'll scream, rollinglaugh.gif

Oh, I wish the Morrowind Khajiit were as cute as that Argonian is!

The water in that "Looking Back" screen looks fantastic!

I think it is on a barrow.

Wow, it is huge up close!

D'Aww, what a cute moose !!! And I am surprised; Solstheim is really pretty!!!!

Are the Horker friendly? Why is that one missing its tusks?

This next is my favorite of the group; the look on both Persephone's face and the bear's !!!! Love that shot !!!!

Well, Bethesda didn't go all out on graphics on the Wampa, but it does look scary!

Awesome Shots !!!! Thank you so much for sharing these Morrowind shots, I haven't seen this much of Morrowind in my game! I am loving seeing it!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 19 2016, 02:57 AM
Post #196

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 18 2016, 11:37 PM) *

Well, Bethesda didn't go all out on graphics on the Wampa, but it does look scary!

Wampa= Grahl. If they were introduced in later versions versions they'd be VERY scary.

Elder Scrolls Legends 1

Elder Scrolls Legends 2

And Subrosa, those are great pictures. Awesome! Makes me want to install Morrowind again and go at it!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 22 2016, 12:14 AM
Post #197

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX: I did not even realize that Bagarn gives you a pair of levitating boots. Persephone has not been doing the main quest, and the last time I did was years ago. So I forgot all about it.

No worries, no Vilja here!

I love the water in Morrowind. It looks great from the surface, and does not get all green or foggy underwater (unless I changed that with a mod/.ini tweak and forgot!).

That big arch is on top of one of the barrows. It is the one with the young Skaal warrior who wants your help to kill a draugr. Persephone agreed to be a punching bag for him.

The moose were added by a mod. Guess who created it! smile.gif

The horker are friendly. I think they are the only vanilla animals on the island that don't attack you on sight. The waters around Solstheim are filled with them.

Darkness Eternal: The first time I ever saw a Grahl was in Treydog's Bloodmoon fan fic. They are a creepy monster, just undone by the age (and dated graphics) of the game they are in.

I have been having fun with Morrowind this time around. I have not touched it in years. The game has a lot of things I do not like. But now that I know about them, they don't bother me so much. I don't have any unrealistic expectations now, like I did the first time I played it years ago.

Persephone found a crashed airship

On deck

Teaming up with a draugr

Battling Grendel The Uderfrykte

Luke didn't make it...

The hall of the Frost Giant

Facing off with King Karstagg

Persephone is the Ice Queen now

Werewolf

Hircine the Hunter

With the defeat of Hircine, Solstheim is once again back to normal. Well, what passes for it anyway. I ran into a few bugs afterward. The first was that something weird happened with Mortrag Glacier. I am guessing that the final battle with Hircine and his wolves was inside it. Because afterward it collapsed. But the old mesh of the intact glacier was still there, kind of. It was sort of half invisible, and I could walk through it. I am guessing it was supposed to be removed, but it didn't quite work out that way.

The other was Captain Carius. He was alive at the end of the first maze. So he is supposed to survive the endgame. When Persephone returned to Fort Frostmoth some of the legionaries said he had returned and he was in his office. But when I went there, there was no sign of him. OTOH, other legionaries just said there has been no sign of him since he disappeared. So something weird happened there.

All in all I prefer Solstheim in Skyrim. Not only is the landscape more interesting and varied, but the monster population is not as insanely dense. In Bloodmoon there is often a monster every twenty feet in every direction. You cannot fight one without the other nearby ones getting pulled in. And don't even think of trying to run or maneuver, because you will pull in even more monsters from nearby! That is why I often describe it as a gladiator school. It is a non-stop conveyer belt of combat. Even after I modded the game to make the bears and wolves friendly, I was still fighting constantly whenever I tried to walk around.

And the Rieklings! The ones on foot were no big deal. But the mounted ones all Reflect magic. That includes the magic effects of weapons. So you have to carry around a non-magical weapon to fight them with. that made killing them take forever, in an endless grind of button mashing until they were dead. I cannot imagine how bad it must be for mage characters to face them, since spells are useless. The same is true of the boss Riekling/Frost Giant Karstagg. I got so sick of it that I made a mod that removed the spell reflection from them.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 22 2016, 12:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 22 2016, 07:21 AM
Post #198

Master
Group Icon

I've never seen screenshots from Solstheim before, except occasionally from mirocu's character Karl.

Snowy areas are a nice contrast to (more or less) bright Vvardenfell.

I've only explored Solstheim as it is featured in Skyrim, good to see Fort Frostmoth still being in one piece.

Uderfrykte's main weapon is a bloody leg - Rattler approves!

The hall of the Frost Giant is an amazing place.

But King Karstaag is very ugly.

From what I recall reading about the glacier bug, it's related to the mod that improves graphics.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 22 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #199

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice pixies, SubRosa. I see your Solstheim has creatures mine doesn´t laugh.gif

Also tried to mod so the regular animals were friendly but it never worked. I ticked the right boxes in the CS and tried mods but nothing made them stop attacking, even from afar. Now I just live with it. I usually use Levitation to get away from them but sometimes it´s fun to just run into pack after pack and drag a posse around tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 24 2016, 03:11 AM
Post #200

Paladin
Group Icon

How neat to see Persephone in Morrow Solstheim after spending a fair amount of time in Skyrim's version. Very cool to see the differences. MW's version appears to be. . . less bleak and more alive maybe. Fun to see the UdderFreak! You know I love Persephone's hair and look I think because I tell you almost every time you post. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:32 PM