Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Aug 1 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #1761

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 31 2017, 10:32 PM) *

Congratulations to Britta! Got there just in time, i think.

So today I decided to check out the Militant Ordinator motifs and discovered that best case scenario, it'll cost about 875,000 gold to get a full set of them. I had 500,000.

I also discovered that even with the recent event, MO motifs are hard to find outside the main cities. I got 6 of them before I stopped finding them, with nearly 150k gold left to spend. I guess it's good I get to build up some gold to get the other 8? (I need 550k total for the rest of them)

Ugh. I guess only the Crafting Monkey will get that. The only way the Squad will get that is through another Anniversary event, tbh. Still not sure if I'll even try Buoyant Armiger any time soon unless they increase the droprate, which lbr they won't.

On a less rancid note, I discovered that my Strident Springs Demense house had a hidden Altmeri Brazier placed WAY far into the eastern hills surrounding the steading. I only discovered it because I was looking at the furnishings I had set to see if I could get a lamp for the Dye Station. I never remember setting down a brazier and I can't even craft one.

I tried searching the other categories but found nothing else out of the ordinary. Is this a known thing, or....?

Guess it's time to check the other houses. :V

EDIT: Come to think of it I DON'T REMEMBER SETTING DOWN AN ARGONIAN BRAZIER EITHER.

EDIT 2: ARE YOU FLIPPING JOKING THERE'S A TON OF TORCHES OUT IN THE SURROUNDING COUNTRYSIDE PLACED THERE FOR AMBIENCE BUT THEY FLIPPING TAKE UP FURNISHING SLOTS THIS IS A FLIPPING RIPOFF YOU DON'T EVEN SEE MOST OF THEM

Holy Cow, I'm not seeing the brazier! But you can go to your "Retrieve" screen and take them out if you are paying for them in your house inventory slots. How odd!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 1 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #1762

Ancient
Group Icon

Thank you all for the congratulations for Britta!!!! That is the one achievement that Misa had no shot of getting, so it really felt good to be able to get it with Britta! It was most def hard fought for!!!

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jul 30 2017, 08:53 PM) *

Haa-Rei and Cirinwe both did their first ever master crafting writs today, wooooooooooooo! It's an especially big achievement for Haa-Rei, because the writ had been sitting in his journal for about 6 months, waiting for the appropriate research to get done.

I'm also looking at Ciri's stats to make her more...better. I don't usually play healers or tanks in any games, so I have no idea what I'm doing with Ciri's healer/tank hybrid. Still, the only thing to do is trial and error for this sort of thing.

Congratulations Haa-Rei and Ciri!!! And Wow, that really is a hybrid build!

You can try Alcast, he has some really good hybrid builds. Another good one is Deltia. (Just be careful to check that it was updated since Morrowind due to the Champion Points placements changing).

I used Alcast's DK Tank as a basis for Britta, then tweaked her to the specifications and advice of a friend at another Guild who is an experienced Tank.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 2 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #1763

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh I just snatched them all up and put them in my bank. It wasn't a lot but it's nice to have more slots when i was reaching the limit.

Anyways, today I feel the full brunt of the consequences of spending all that gold on Master Writs and I am now reexamining the way I play.

can't buy motifs if you don't have gold

On a more serious note, gonna explore Vvardenfell with the Squad thanks to Jo'zira finally reaching his post-1T form. idk

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #1764

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 2 2017, 03:16 PM) *

tbh I just snatched them all up and put them in my bank. It wasn't a lot but it's nice to have more slots when i was reaching the limit.

Anyways, today I feel the full brunt of the consequences of spending all that gold on Master Writs and I am now reexamining the way I play.

can't buy motifs if you don't have gold

On a more serious note, gonna explore Vvardenfell with the Squad thanks to Jo'zira finally reaching his post-1T form. idk

BWAAHAA!!! Yeah, I'm broke too, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 7 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #1765

Mouth
Group Icon

So after like, 2 weeks of occasional fishing, I got all the Vvardenfell fish and like 14 units of perfect roe. Not bad.

The completionist side in me wants me to go to the IC and fish there now, but if it's anything like Coldharbour, it's not worth the effort at all. (Especially since i had all 3 members of the Squad fish in Coldharbour. Being able to pass around trophies cut fishing time down by A LOT considering how some seemed to find only specific Blue fish)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Aug 7 2017, 10:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #1766

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats on fishing out Vardenfell, Monkey!

Fortunately, Buffy was born without the completionist gene. I think she got a butterfly flit around gene instead. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 8 2017, 02:46 AM
Post #1767

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 7 2017, 05:02 PM) *

So after like, 2 weeks of occasional fishing, I got all the Vvardenfell fish and like 14 units of perfect roe. Not bad.

The completionist side in me wants me to go to the IC and fish there now, but if it's anything like Coldharbour, it's not worth the effort at all. (Especially since i had all 3 members of the Squad fish in Coldharbour. Being able to pass around trophies cut fishing time down by A LOT considering how some seemed to find only specific Blue fish)

Holy Cow!!! (14 Perfect Roe) = and Congrats on the achievements!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 7 2017, 05:50 PM) *

Fortunately, Buffy was born without the completionist gene. I think she got a butterfly flit around gene instead. laugh.gif

Squirrel!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 8 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #1768

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 7 2017, 04:50 PM) *

I'm good at beating it into submission but every so often I'm compelled to satisfy it. I'm 90% certain I'll never try to get the IC fishing achievement. Only thing that'll ever make me is getting a reward for it, tbh, and practically every zone after Craglorn gave nothing, IIRC. Not even a dye.

Since I got nothing to do outside of writs and I'm done farming Ashlander/Morag Tong motifs for the Squad, I guess I'm gonna "grow" my just-for-fun crafters. Fjotreid was supposed to be a non-crafter (the only one) but whoops he's a consumables crafter now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 9 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #1769

Master
Group Icon

I'm a bit of a completionist, myself, but I admit that I do get sidetracked from time to time . . . whistling.gif

Anyway, thanks to Jerric's cooperation (connivance?), my ESO ladies got to surprise Argis today.

Some of you already know that Alise bought Autumn's Gate with the intention of making it Argis's own home. He had been such a good sport about Alise's real estate acquisitions and Dunmer decorations (and Argonian, in the case of the Ample Domicile). Alise felt her partner deserved something in his own style (fishing Nord, in case you didn't know).

Both Julian and Maz joined Alise in decorating the new home, learning Nord furniture recipes just for this place. The hardest part (and scariest) was moving Argis's fishing trophies from the inn room in Ebonheart to the new house without him discovering they were gone. He may be a Nord, but he's not exactly stupid. And he was already wondering what happened to the two coral cushions he pulled out of the ocean in Stonefalls.

So Jerric and Argis, being Brothers from Different Mothers (BFDM's), have been working through the Pact quest line very slowly. When they finally entered the Rift, I thought they would reach the cottage outside Nimalten before the end of June. But real life interfered, and they could not play together for some time.

Today, Jerric innocently (and we all know how he does innocent) led Argis up to the house and urged him to head inside and check it out.

Argis was surprised at how "furnished" the yard seemed compared to other homes he had previewed so far. Then he saw something familiar - these.

Then he spotted something else familiar - Alise's pet guar S'wit. I guess that was when something started to fall into place.

The full realization that he had been had was when he saw his hard won fishing trophies proudly displayed on either side of the house's front door.

Alise's Ash bloom tree that he had purchased for her back when they were considering buying the house in Narsis (Velothi Reverie) clinched the idea that the house was intended for him.

Inside, he discovered much to love and enjoy. First, a bed wide enough for both he and Alise.

Beautiful Nord tapestries - both the ship one he had admired in our friend Bear's Mournoth Keep and a pair of Dragons in a nod to his and Alise's TESV origins.

A small study nook with a bookcase waiting to be filled for those times when he felt like a little light reading.

A fully stocked kitchen area complete with the keg of mead provided by our friend Bear - perfect for finishing a day of adventuring with his BFAM (Brother From Another Mother).

He has taken to calling it "the Honeymoon Cottage." Alise is joining him tonight, and they will be taking a few days off from writs and adventure to just enjoy the ambience and maybe add a few more items to the yard.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 9 2017, 01:21 AM
Post #1770

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, how beautiful for Argis! His new place is perfect and looks like it was quite the conspiracy to get it that way without him knowing!

I think I understand the closeness between Argis and Jerric. I mean with one exception (Darnand) they both come from clans that are all womenz. And even dear Darnand doesn't seem like he would appreciate (or perhaps even survive) being head-butted the way Jerric and Argis probably greet each other. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 02:47 AM
Post #1771

Ancient
Group Icon

Aw, that is so cool that the Autumn's Gate house will finally be lived in! I love the new setup you have in there, really enjoyed seeing it = and especially loved those fishing trophies on the way in! Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 9 2017, 03:43 AM
Post #1772

Mouth
Group Icon

Hooray! Glad Argis finally got to see the house. It feels like you've been working on it for years! laugh.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 10 2017, 02:31 AM
Post #1773

Councilor
Group Icon

It was great fun being part of the Honeymoon Cottage caper! Turns out Jerric is better at keeping the fun surprise kind of secret than the you-didn’t-say-you-were-married kind. I’m very glad the BFDM made it through Nimalten yesterday, because I will be away from the game for a few days. Eventually Argis would have figured out that his fishing trophies were missing!

Rider, I love the pictures. The ladies’ hard work really paid off, it looks homey and beautiful!

Acadian, lol! You’re right, a Nordic greeting counts as assault in some cultures! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 05:34 AM
Post #1774

Ancient
Group Icon

Man, Khajiit knows it would be kind of wrong given our hate of the worm cult, but this one really wishes they had included the Necromancer class that was supposedly in the beta. Khajiit has a great idea for a Necromancer character!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 11 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #1775

Paladin
Group Icon

Britta the tank and Buffy the healer went out today to clear a couple delves together. A time for Britta to practice some new tactics/techniques for those tanky things called ‘pulls’ that tanks do to make all foes focus on them instead of on small elves. Britta and Buffy have adventured together plenty of times and the mutual support, trust and synergy they have developed is a beautiful thing.

Thanks for the training and opportunity for Buffy to practice supporting her pal and tank today, mALX!

A tank and her healer.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 11 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #1776

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 11 2017, 04:42 PM) *

Britta the tank and Buffy the healer went out today to clear a couple delves together. A time for Britta to practice some new tactics/techniques for those tanky things called ‘pulls’ that tanks do to make all foes focus on them instead of on small elves. Britta and Buffy have adventured together plenty of times and the mutual support, trust and synergy they have developed is a beautiful thing.

Thanks for the training and opportunity for Buffy to practice supporting her pal and tank today, mALX!

A tank and her healer.

Aw, you got a screenshot! It was not just fun, I really learned a lot - especially the things I need to practice more and work on improving, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 12 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #1777

Mouth
Group Icon

This cost me nearly one million gold.

@Khajiit - Me too, tbh. The Order of the Black Worm might be the "cool" necromancer club, but it doesn't mean there aren't other ones unaffiliated with Mannimarco. But I figure ANOTHER pet class (that'll most likely be primarily Magicak based) might not be welcome after the Warden. Maybe.

@Rider - Congrats on the house!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #1778

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 12 2017, 09:37 AM) *

This cost me nearly one million gold.

@Khajiit - Me too, tbh. The Order of the Black Worm might be the "cool" necromancer club, but it doesn't mean there aren't other ones unaffiliated with Mannimarco. But I figure ANOTHER pet class (that'll most likely be primarily Magicak based) might not be welcome after the Warden. Maybe.

@Rider - Congrats on the house!

Awesome!!! Congrats on the set, Holy Cow!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 13 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #1779

Master
Group Icon

Argis is humbled by all your comments regarding his surprise gift from the ladies.

@Acadian: I'm not sure about the head butting part, but definitely the chest bump goes down whenever the two of them pair up for their adventures!

Thank you @mALX! I'm glad you got to see the place in its nearly finished condition! A long way from the empty shell it was when Alise bought it.

@Haz: the ladies certainly feel like it took years to put it together. Felt even longer trying to keep the secret while waiting for the BFDM's to make their way there!

@Grits: Your contribution is quite significant - from the Dragon tapestries (I believe Pog made those?) to keeping Argis both too occupied to go back to the inn room in Ebonheart (where he would have noticed those fishing trophies missing) and motivated to keep moving toward the lovely home.

@monkey: thanks for the congratulations!

While I would never play a necromancer class, I think it would be interesting to see what they would bring to the game. I remember Serena's tendency to reanimate nearby corpses in fights in TESV, and how this always added a certain element of unpredictability to what was otherwise a fairly mundane combat mechanic. I think this could add to some pretty cool combat elements only if bodies of slain NPCs persisted until the end of battle (which I don't think they do unless they drop loot).

I always have fun playing with mALX and with Buffy! The other day Bear and I and mALX took on a few world bosses, and I'll have to say Britta did great! Bear was playing a low level toon so his tanking abilities were no where near Britta's level. And Maz was proud to say that team deaths were minimal (only one boss got us). It was fun!

And of course, Alise loves teaming up with Buffy the Healer, as her own healing capabilities are easily overcome. With Healer Buff, she didn't have to worry about keeping up the fight.

Maz's progress on motifs are progressing slowly. Partly because we are not farming for motifs nearly as much as others do, and partly because Maz won't let anyone spend more than 1K on a single chapter. She has turned out to be the stingiest of all of the team - all our gold (except for a daily 2k allowance which more than covers repairs and training etc) goes into the bank. Having finished Reapers March, she has her eye on the rest of the homes there (Strident Springs, Dawnshade and Serenity Falls) - all over 1M gold each. Julian keeps telling her to finish furnishing Mournoth Keep first, but progress is slow because again, we are limited to what we can pick up and learn from loot and writs. Spending 1M on a single motif is a bit much for Maz, though she is quite jealous . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 14 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #1780

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a ton of fun that day with Haute, Bear, and Gray!

Today I spent in Cyrodiil doing "Scouting Missions." It is really easy since Midyear Mayhem ended, the place was a ghost town! Britta did about 20 scouting missions before I called it to work on her hot bar a little better (just in case the opportunity came up for PvP).

Thanks to this morning's missions Britta is a Corporal in the Alliance War now, (WOOOOT!!!) The Scouting missions pay about 500 gold apiece at her rank; plus 500 Alliance Points per each. When she returned to Deshaan they sent her some bonus armor pieces for her work today. Her earnings added to Acadian's donations were just enough to get that first crafting table for the Eternal Hunt set, so all in all today was AWESOME !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:42 AM