Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Deus Ex discussion thread, Original and sequels
mirocu
post Apr 15 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

After talking to Callidus about this game we decided to go ahead and fire up its own thread. Now I only cover the original game but if anyone wanna talk about the sequels thatīs ok smile.gif

WARNING: Rosy glasses are fully activated!!

So Deus Ex... What can I say? It defined my years between 2000-2006 and it definitely withstands the tests of time as it is still one of the best games I have ever played. Itīs so full of details and the whole game breathes quality throughout, it never feels rushed in any way. Bugs are almost non-existant, the only one I experienced was with the GotY edition I think where the music on one map is gone, but I can live with that, itīs no big deal.

What I love so much about this game is... Everything basically laugh.gif Itīs linear but at the same time youīre free to roam around the maps and thereīs often multiple routes to take to reach your current objective and one of the best things are you can actually fail a mission completely or ignore parts of it and you still progress through the story. And you canīt just fail a mission and move on like nothingīs happened, you will face consequences like different dialogue and less pay etc.

I also love that you can level up skills through XP. This gives the game an RPG element which I really like because it means you can have very different J.C Dentons from playthrough to playthrough. While this means it only differs in if youīre a master with a pistol or rifle, or if youīre a hacking god or a computer expert, it does make a big difference in the game. At least I feel that way.

The music... All I can say is the music is a masterpiece! Or I should say masterpieces. I donīt know how many nights Iīve sat down and just listened to tracks on youtube. They fit the game and its atmosphere perfectly and since itīs dynamic you hear a different tune when enemies are aware of you. Speaking of enemies, they do something in Deus Ex that enemies donīt do in so many other more modern games; they flee when heavily wounded. I really like that they do that, it adds so much to the gaming experience that no one is suicidal.

Gee, this got way longer than I thought and I still have things to say! wacko.gif But Iīll wrap it up by saying everything Deus Ex goes here. From general discussions to specific details and gaming updates.

So have fun! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 22 2014, 05:20 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:06 PM