Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding, Country Rooooooads, Take Me Hoooooooome
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 2 2020, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

To the plaaaaaace I beloooong.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/faceboo...EaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

Finally made this thread where I can put up some screenshots of my adventures in Appalachia. Hopefully others here will get the game eventually and put up their own too.

I can't put mine up at this very moment, but I certainly will soon. Whatever gameplay criticisms there may be, I absolutely love the scenery in this game. Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so pretty?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Jul 13 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

That does sound neat, how there are so few people in the world. It is consistent with the two Fallout games I've played. 76 wouldn't have the appropriate feel if the gameworld was packed with players. I also like the sound of all these different zones you speak of. There's some variety there.

Gosh, the lighting is gorgeous. Slightly less brilliant than Fallout 4 graphics, perhaps.

Mariah still wears her silly 76 jumpsuit. tongue.gif

Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the background of A Legend Made Real?

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 17 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 13 2020, 08:06 AM) *

I believe so. Can't remember where I took the photo, so I can't say for certain.

The last couple days I experienced some much tougher battles, biting off more than I could chew in a couple cases. In one such case, I encountered a Wendigo along with a few feral ghouls ganging up on me and I barely escaped the battle. I actually ran out of stimpaks. I ran out of stimpaks on another occasion too. In that case, I thought I was still within the boundaries of the starting zone, The Forest, but it turned out I had just entered the Savage Divide when I was trying to explore a tower on the map. Three charred feral ghouls--yes, the kind in Fallout 4 that were extremely stubborn about dying most of the time--at LEVEL 62 just annihilated me. I died 3 or 4 times, but I was able to respawn right there since it was a map location. I still almost died another time, but I luckily killed the last ghoul before he got another killing blow.

Here are a lot of screenshots from the photo mode this time. Honestly...photo mode sucks. You can only go like maybe 20 feet from your character and maybe only like 15 feet above them. Maybe they don't want you to use it to scout out a place or something, but that is overly limiting. Still, I was able to get some nice screenshots out of it.

The Adventure Begins

Packing Heat

Anybody Home?

Watcher in the Night

Helloooooo, Nurse! (Bonus Internet points worth absolutely nothing to the people who know this reference.)

So...You Come Here Often? (Yes, I killed that Scorched and he sat like that when I did it.)

Moonlighting

Autumn in Appalachia

On the Lookout

Ghost Town

Is This West Virginia or Morrowind?

The Hardest-Hitting Reporter in Appalachia (Got a bundle that let me craft a certain someone's cap and press outfit from Fallout 4. And as you may remember, I absolutely adore Piper Wright.)

Mothman's Chapel

The Relay Tower

Incognito (Can you spot Mariah? She found a chest piece that lets her cloak when she stays still. I was wondering what was happening until I remembered that I looted that piece.)

Praise the Mighty Mothman!

Here's a Little Diddy I Like to Call...

C.A.M.P. Shot 1

C.A.M.P. Shot 2

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2020, 04:33 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 17 2020, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 13 2020, 08:06 AM) *

I believe so. Can't remember where I took the photo, so I can't say for certain.

The last couple days I experienced some much tougher battles, biting off more than I could chew in a couple cases. In one such case, I encountered a Wendigo along with a few feral ghouls ganging up on me and I barely escaped the battle. I actually ran out of stimpaks. I ran out of stimpaks on another occasion too. In that case, I thought I was still within the boundaries of the starting zone, The Forest, but it turned out I had just entered the Savage Divide when I was trying to explore a tower on the map. Three charred feral ghouls--yes, the kind in Fallout 4 that were extremely stubborn about dying most of the time--at LEVEL 62 just annihilated me. I died 3 or 4 times, but I was able to respawn right there since it was a map location. I still almost died another time, but I luckily killed the last ghoul before he got another killing blow.

Here are a lot of screenshots from the photo mode this time. Honestly...photo mode sucks. You can only go like maybe 20 feet from your character and maybe only like 15 feet above them. Maybe they don't want you to use it to scout out a place or something, but that is overly limiting. Still, I was able to get some nice screenshots out of it.

The Adventure Begins

Packing Heat

Anybody Home?

Watcher in the Night

Helloooooo, Nurse! (Bonus Internet points worth absolutely nothing to the people who know this reference.)

So...You Come Here Often? (Yes, I killed that Scorched and he sat like that when I did it.)

Moonlighting

Autumn in Appalachia

On the Lookout

Ghost Town

Is This West Virginia or Morrowind?

The Hardest-Hitting Reporter in Appalachia (Got a bundle that let me craft a certain someone's cap and press outfit from Fallout 4. And as you may remember, I absolutely adore Piper Wright.)

Mothman's Chapel

The Relay Tower

Incognito (Can you spot Mariah? She found a chest piece that lets her cloak when she stays still. I was wondering what was happening until I remembered that I looted that piece.)

Praise the Mighty Mothman!

Here's a Little Diddy I Like to Call...

C.A.M.P. Shot 1

C.A.M.P. Shot 2

“Hellllloooo Nurse!” from Animaniacs?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RaderOfTheLostArk   West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding   Jul 2 2020, 11:32 PM
SubRosa   Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so...   Jul 2 2020, 11:57 PM
Renee   That is also one thing, I watched a let's play...   Jul 3 2020, 12:49 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   And here comes the first batch of screens. I haven...   Jul 4 2020, 08:22 PM
Acadian   Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and b...   Jul 5 2020, 01:04 AM
SubRosa   It's neat to see 76. It looks a lot like Fallo...   Jul 5 2020, 01:14 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I like her bowler. Cute. Also, what the hell kind...   Jul 5 2020, 02:07 AM
SubRosa   Also, what the hell kind of armor is that in “M...   Jul 5 2020, 03:46 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   [url=http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...   Jul 6 2020, 01:31 AM
Renee   West Virginia does look good. :cake: The lack of o...   Jul 6 2020, 10:40 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Speaking of which, I wonder when we will get a ga...   Jul 6 2020, 03:31 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and ...   Jul 6 2020, 10:45 PM
SubRosa   The Grafton Monster? That is not one I have ever h...   Jul 6 2020, 11:21 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   What is that thing in “A Legend made Real”?...   Jul 6 2020, 11:47 PM
SubRosa   I did some googling, and it is a cryptid in West V...   Jul 7 2020, 12:06 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I did some googling, and it is a cryptid in West ...   Jul 7 2020, 01:46 AM
SubRosa   [quote name='SubRosa' post='327840' date='Jul 6 2...   Jul 7 2020, 03:33 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Probably Kid Rock or Ted Nugent drunk in the wood...   Jul 7 2020, 09:47 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Particularly @Renee since she asked, but for anyon...   Jul 7 2020, 10:32 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   “Hellllloooo Nurse!” from Animaniacs? I...   Aug 10 2020, 08:23 PM
SubRosa   Wow, for a moment I thought that Piper was in the ...   Jul 17 2020, 08:42 PM
Renee   I have no idea what Hellooo Nurse is from, but I s...   Jul 18 2020, 02:13 PM
SubRosa   That is a wendigo? It looks like a ghoul. Mariah...   Aug 10 2020, 08:55 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   What the hell is a scorch beast?!! :O   Aug 11 2020, 02:04 AM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Well, it's been quite some time since I posted...   Dec 18 2020, 10:43 PM
SubRosa   Nothing is real here. Now that is spooky. It remin...   Dec 19 2020, 04:07 AM
Renee   Ah, that is where radtoads come from. :huh: Yuck. ...   Dec 22 2020, 09:43 PM
Kane   Amos, former Vault 76 Resident Heading to Morgant...   Jun 1 2021, 01:51 PM
Renee   Amos looks like the guy who changed my car's o...   Jun 1 2021, 04:41 PM
SubRosa   Amos looks like Robert Downey Jr. to me. Keep that...   Jun 1 2021, 09:47 PM
Kane   He does kinda have some Tony Stark vibes, eh? I co...   Jun 2 2021, 12:13 PM
Kane   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come t...   Jun 3 2021, 12:13 PM
SubRosa   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come ...   Jun 3 2021, 05:35 PM
SubRosa   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come ...   Jun 3 2021, 11:37 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Ah, so the Kane-meister has found his way to Appal...   Jun 6 2021, 04:45 AM
Renee   Shesus this game is freeking gorgeous. :wub: Every...   Jun 3 2021, 01:42 PM
Pseron Wyrd   also Fallout 4. Fallout 4 is my favorite Fallou...   Jun 3 2021, 02:46 PM
Renee   Cool. That endorsement for FO4 carries weight. Ano...   Jun 3 2021, 03:02 PM
Pseron Wyrd   Another few of those will edge my decision. Her...   Jun 3 2021, 04:05 PM
Renee   Ha ha funny. ;) I'll count those two extra end...   Jun 3 2021, 04:57 PM
Pseron Wyrd   Xbox 1 or PS4? I've never owned or played o...   Jun 3 2021, 05:55 PM
Kane   Fallout 4 is also my favorite, but to be fair I...   Jun 3 2021, 05:10 PM
Kane   I played on PS4 before building my PC and it ran j...   Jun 3 2021, 06:28 PM
Kane   Not sure, TBH. Hoping to head that way next time I...   Jun 4 2021, 12:09 AM
Kane   I'm easy to find, too. :P I was able to transf...   Jun 6 2021, 03:30 PM
Kane   Bombs away! Sunset Appalachia is[i] huge [u...   Jun 26 2021, 01:42 AM
Renee   Lovely. :wub:   Jun 26 2021, 01:44 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:54 PM