Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 82 83 84 85 86 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
ghastley
post Apr 19 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #1661

Councilor
Group Icon

And you wanted to keep the goat, didn't you? tongue.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 19 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #1662

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 19 2017, 10:08 AM) *

Arvyn Drenim has just completed his first Daedric quest. Seeing Sanguine turn up in Daedric armour made quite the impression. he now wants a set of his own laugh.gif

Khajiit doesn't really care for the look of Daedric armor in Skyrim. Of course, he doesn't think Oblivion did a good job with it either, preferring how it looked in Morrowind (Three different helmets! Also, it was a real accomplishment getting a full set of that if you didn't go the murder route).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 19 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #1663

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 19 2017, 04:30 PM) *

And you wanted to keep the goat, didn't you? tongue.gif

Nope.

But I am kind of annoyed that Arvyn failed the speech check with Ysolda and had to pay up. Of course that meant I didn't even see the alleged bride, which I feel takes some of the amusement out of the whole premise.

He's getting some pretty weird goings on though when it comes to radiant quests. So far he's been told to deal with a Falmer problem in Falkreath by clearing out a cave up near Solitude, kill a dragon near Markarth that's to the south of Windhelm, and recover an item taken by the Forsworn that's close to the cave full of Falmer he's got to clear. laugh.gif

He's also visited Windhelm, and got a rather bad reception. He may never stay at the inn there again.

Edit, for TheCheshireKhajiit: Personally, I'm fairly indifferent on Daedric armour in Skyrim. Oblivion did a better job of it than Skyrim, but still can't match Morrowind. But courtesy of Divayth Fyr Daedric armour is the standard for all Dunmer Sorcerers, as far as I'm concerned. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Apr 19 2017, 04:39 PM

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 19 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #1664

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 19 2017, 11:37 AM) *

But I am kind of annoyed that Arvyn failed the speech check with Ysolda and had to pay up. Of course that meant I didn't even see the alleged bride, which I feel takes some of the amusement out of the whole premise.

Wait a moment, failing the speech test should have left you the options of pay up or fetch it from the hagraven (or try intimidation instead, but that usually fails if the speech one does). And the pay option can fail, too, not just for lack of funds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 19 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #1665

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 19 2017, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 19 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Wait a moment, failing the speech test should have left you the options of pay up or fetch it from the hagraven (or try intimidation instead, but that usually fails if the speech one does). And the pay option can fail, too, not just for lack of funds.

I don't recall seeing an option to get the ring back, or I'd have taken that and used the 2k for training.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 25 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #1666

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, been blasting my way through various dungeons and enemies with my Shieldmage, and in all honesty he's starting to get a little stale. He's certainly powerful, and tough to put down, but at level 25 he plays the same way he did at level 10. And when it comes to destruction he's still using the same spells.

Had the idea of bringing an old friend North, so I think I'll put my Shieldmage on hold for a bit and see how Sal handles Skyrim. An Argonian Nightblade should make for a fun change, if he have can nail down what skills he'll be using.

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Apr 25 2017, 09:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 30 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #1667

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm having a major problem with my "Nijel the Destroyer" game. I'd intended that he'd remain a complete wimp, and let Conina do all the slaying, but he's becoming quite competent with his iron greatsword, and bow.

I decided that he'd need to advance smithing, so that he could maintain her steel greatsword, and keep her attack high, but that's letting him improve his own, and his hide armor, and he's using one of the Exquisite Dwarven Bows he's been making, which often one-shots the Forsworn before Conina reaches them. And after he blocks a couple of times, he may swing his sword if Conina's busy elsewhere. Had a few kill-cams from that.

Not using many skills has also left him with not many places to spend perk points, so his Marksman and Two-handed are better than I wanted.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post May 4 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #1668

Knower
Group Icon

So I've been playing Skyrim recently on my PS4 with Lissa. Where I must admit console gaming is not as moddable as PC, I am enjoying playing.

Lissa and I are currently going through the Dawnguard questline. Where as I enjoy Serana as a character I've come to realise she is not a suitable companion for Lissa. Lissa needs more of a damage dealer/absorber companion and she is mostly a range fighter (any suggestions?)

Here is PS4 Skyrim Lissa smile.gif More updatea/screeniea to come.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: May 4 2017, 01:01 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 4 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #1669

Ancient
Group Icon

It's Mara Jade!

I have been reading too much Star Wars lately. PS4 Lissa looks fantastic!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 11 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #1670

Councilor
Group Icon

My latest character encountered the bandits posing as an Imperial Patrol. She whacked the leader hard with her two-hander, and he ran off around the nearest rock.

I saw him go flying up into the air, and a pair of Giants came around the rock to finish off the rest of the band for me.

It's a good thing those guys don't carry any decent loot. I still haven't found the bodies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 19 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #1671

Councilor
Group Icon

My current Skyrim character is travelling around with Meeko, and they have twice encountered the Carvains looking for Solitude. On each occasion, the bodyguard has attacked Meeko, who killed him in self-defence, resulting in the Carvains running off in terror.

Anyone have any idea why that would happen? Faction?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 2 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #1672

Mouth
Group Icon

So the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma mod is out and I decided to take my old Dragonborn and play through it. And I actually mean my old Dragonborn. I still have his original 360 save. Here we go. I expect many crashes.
I also installed SPERG and I'm angry at myself for not trying it sooner. It's great.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 2 2017, 07:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jul 2 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #1673

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I'm back to playing Skyrim. It's not the TES game I want to be playing, in all honesty, but for a while now I've been having trouble sleeping so I really don't feel up to playing Oblivion. Skyrim just feels like it's easier to play.

And I'm reverting to type: A Dunmer. He's kind of a Sorcerous Battlemage and has headed to Skyrim for two reasons: The Civil War means opportunities for a mercenary, and he wants to try and learn from the Telvanni Magister said to be living on Solstheim.

Unfortunately not long after crossing into Skyrim he ran into a group of Stormcloaks accompanying their leader, shortly before they were ambushed by Imperial forces.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 3 2017, 12:28 AM
Post #1674

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 2 2017, 01:07 AM) *

I expect many crashes.

I was right. Gonna wait till the mod's more stable.

I was gonna try Beyond Reach instead, but a bit of research and looking at the mod's goddang page made me realize that it's one of the worst ideas I've had. I do not expect quality whatsoever, especially not from the writing or stability.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 3 2017, 10:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 10 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #1675

Mouth
Group Icon

In it's current state, Beyond Reach is Not Good largely because it doesn't really feel like a TES lands mod. Sure, it's High Rock by name but in practice it feels like something from a different franchise. It's hard to explain. The writing probably isn't objectively bad, just really misses the mark in a way not even the spinoffs do it. Probably alright on its own, bad as a "DLC" style expansion for Skyrim. Didn't even touch the main quest, tbh. Also how in the hell do you mess up the orientation of the map that badly? It's rotated 180 degrees.

Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is good largely because it doesn't seem to have an overarching main quest. But in all seriousness, it actually DOES feel like a natural extension of the base game (bad voice acting/voice recording aside...) and I'm honestly considering using it for other characters, maybe even as an alternate start thing. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface but it's pretty decent.

=

Anyways, restarted one of my old characters, and right from character creation he found himself in Falkreath hold in the middle of a freaking downpour so bad that you could barely see in front of you. It lasted the entire day and he had to stay inside Pinewatch. At least he entertained himself by murdering the bandit inhabitants.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 10 2017, 06:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
CasTheSkyrimNerd
post Aug 3 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #1676

Associate

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 10 2017, 06:32 PM) *

Anyways, restarted one of my old characters, and right from character creation he found himself in Falkreath hold in the middle of a freaking downpour so bad that you could barely see in front of you. It lasted the entire day and he had to stay inside Pinewatch. At least he entertained himself by murdering the bandit inhabitants.

Haha, reminds me of my first playthrough. I was just out of Helgan, barely knew how to play. I got slaughtered. That wasn't before I found Falkreath , accidentally killed a goat and got arrested biggrin.gif

Ree'shad , my new Khajit character , just escaped Helgan and went to Riverwood. There he befriended the archer , Faendal , only to use him to clear out a mine of bandits and kill him. He is using that mine as a basecamp currently.

--------------------
THAT DRAGON IS FLYING BACKWARDS
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 3 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #1677

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome, Cas! We've had quite a problem with spambots, so new members have to have each post approved by a mod until cleared by the admins. I'm requesting our admins clear your 'new member restrictions' so you will be able to post without delays. It can take some time before they come by to do that though so I appreciate your patience. Once cleared by the admins, that will also enable your PM/messaging functions here.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 13 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #1678

Mouth
Group Icon

So I decided to give Legacy of the Dragonborn a try and started a new game for it.

I'm giving Aza-jo his "after" playthrough for this. Long story short, at this point he's seen and done the whole Last Dragonborn BS countless of times in-universe, and has had a VERY long time to think about it, having more or less waited since the beginning of time on Nirn to do it over again one last time.

In other words, it'll be meta as heck, but not so meta that he's a player avatar. Again, in-universe perspective from someone who's seen it all before. He might be hallucinating the museum part, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 24 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #1679

Mouth
Group Icon

So I never really get past Diplomatic Immunity when I play the main quest in Skyrim these days, but it wasn't until I did it for the first time in a long time that I realized I've NEVER gotten past it on PC. The little achievement unlock message popped up to inform me of that. In other words I've hit a milestone? I'm going to finish the main quest on the PC for the first time ever? ??????

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 9 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #1680

Mouth
Group Icon

So I'm pretty far in my playthrough with a completely new character so I can experience Legacy of the Dragonborn to its full extent and I realized that tolerating certain not-so-great followers is easier when the character you're playing has a bond with them.

Having helped him out for the sake of putting a replica of his family shield in the museum, I took Roggi Knot-Beard with me on an adventure since he asked. He...fared poorly, to say the least. Instead I took him on a trip to Riften for mead and then left him in Kynesgrove, probably for the rest of the game. :T He's not really husband material for my current character, unlike the one that "kept" him. So, g'bye Nut Bread.

At first I thought I'd add him to my Safehouse group alongside Lydia, Erandur and Illia, but Roggi isn't great at combat, I forgot to pick up Erandur on the way out of Dawnstar, and I lost track of Illia. lol

Either way, I'm enjoying Skyrim for the first time in a long time. Legacy of the Dragonborn is great, even if it does a few things that irritate me when I see them in mods. Not gonna play it again after this, though.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Sep 9 2017, 12:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:26 AM