Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 - no spoilers, Are the rumors true?
SubRosa
post Dec 12 2016, 02:59 AM
Post #361

Ancient
Group Icon

My impression is that it is not just you and your family that Vault Tec wanted, but everyone in Vault 111. The staff was supposed to evacuate the vault after six months, but their orders were to never open the cryo tubes. They were supposed to just leave everyone frozen. The tubes themselves could be opened remotely. They don't say where from however. So it seems that the Vault was basically a Pre-War stash of humans. All I can guess was the idea to have the genetic material of people who had never been exposed to the radiation and toxicity of the post war world. But there might be other reasons.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 21 2016, 11:29 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 12 2016, 04:33 AM
Post #362

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 11 2016, 08:35 PM) *

The story is just awful. It's so restrictive. Khajiit thought before it was released that maybe you'd be able to forget about your family and use it as motivation towards what kind of character you'd be in the Commonwealth wasteland. This would've been acceptable to Khajiit, because after all, you had a preset background story in Fallout3 and New Vegas. Nope. Not only do they . Bethesda claims to learn things after every game they release. This one hopes that the lesson Beth learns from Fallout4 is that the backstory should NEVER affect what happens in the future of their open world RPGs (unless the player chooses to engage in it and is not forced into it) as it restricts player options.

THIS!!!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 11 2016, 08:59 PM) *

My impression is that it is not just you and your family that Vault Tec wanted, but everyone in Vault 111. The staff was supposed to evacuate the vault after six months, but their orders were to never open the cryo tubes. They were supposed to just leave everyone frozen. The tubes themselves could be opened remotely. They don't way where from however. So it seems that the Vault was basically a Pre-War stash of humans. All I can guess was the idea to have the genetic material of people who had never been exposed to the radiation and toxicity of the post war world. But there might be other reasons.

But there must have been some selection process for "better genes" if they were selected for saving. Not just any genes would be worth preserving; traits like intelligence would have to factor in.

They kind of dump a half baked story on your character without a well thought out background. It is one of the things I liked better about Obsidian's New Vegas = extremely well thought out and in depth background stories on the characters.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 12 2016, 04:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 21 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #363

Ancient
Group Icon

I just heard a utility worker Protectron say: "This work site has gone, zero days without an incident." laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 21 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #364

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 12 2016, 02:59 AM) *

My impression is that it is not just you and your family that Vault Tec wanted, but everyone in Vault 111. The staff was supposed to evacuate the vault after six months, but their orders were to never open the cryo tubes. They were supposed to just leave everyone frozen. The tubes themselves could be opened remotely. They don't way where from however. So it seems that the Vault was basically a Pre-War stash of humans. All I can guess was the idea to have the genetic material of people who had never been exposed to the radiation and toxicity of the post war world. But there might be other reasons.

I presumed that your family (urgh) was chosen because of your spouse's (urgh) military background, since everyone is so proud of Him. I think I remember something being mentioned about a meeting or event of some sort that He is getting ready for at the start of the game. Sanctuary Hills also seems like a pretty fancy neighbourhood, so perhaps all of the residents there are worth preserving.

Knowing Vault Tec, the cryo freezing was probably just some sort of vaguely scientific experiment. It's not the wackiest Vault out there.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 21 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #365

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 20 2016, 06:22 PM) *

I just heard a utility worker Protectron say: "This work site has gone, zero days without an incident." laugh.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 21 2016, 11:19 PM
Post #366

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 21 2016, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 12 2016, 02:59 AM) *

I presumed that your family (urgh) was chosen because of your spouse's (urgh) military background, since everyone is so proud of Him. I think I remember something being mentioned about a meeting or event of some sort that He is getting ready for at the start of the game. Sanctuary Hills also seems like a pretty fancy neighbourhood, so perhaps all of the residents there are worth preserving.

Knowing Vault Tec, the cryo freezing was probably just some sort of vaguely scientific experiment. It's not the wackiest Vault out there.

The male character (or your spouse if you playing a female) was scheduled to speak in Concord at something like the VFW Hall. The game implies that he is a war hero of at least a little repute.

I also got the impression that Sanctuary Hills was special. I suspect that Vault Tec engineered who got into the neighborhood, so it was stocked with people it wanted for Vault 111. I keep going back to genetics, or something organic about them. Maybe they are all compatible organ donors for high level Vault Tec execs? Vault 111 might be a blood/organ bank they are keeping on ice for whenever they need a spare kidney or liver? Or stem cells?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 21 2016, 11:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 22 2016, 11:39 PM
Post #367

Ancient
Group Icon

I just figured something out. The color of your Pipboy light (which you turn on and off by holding down Tab) is the same as the color you have the Pipboy screen. You can change it in the Display Settings, down at the bottom where the three Pipboy color settings are. To make it an ordinary white light set them to the following:

Pipboy Color R = Move 9 clicks from the far right
Pipboy Color G = All the way to the right
Pipboy Color B = Move 7 clicks from the far right

Or go to your My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4 folder and edit your Fallout4Prefs.ini. You will find these three lines, set them like so:

fPipboyEffectColorB=0.6500
fPipboyEffectColorG=1.0000
fPipboyEffectColorR=0.5500

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 27 2016, 06:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 23 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #368

Mouth
Group Icon

Heh, that's one of the first things I did when I first got the game. The standard green pip-boy colour that Bethesda is so fond of gives me headaches

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 23 2016, 03:50 AM
Post #369

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 22 2016, 05:39 PM) *

I just figured something out. The color of your Pipboy light (which you turn on and off by holding down Tab) is the same as the color you have the Pipboy screen. You can change it in the Display Settings, down at the bottom where the three Pipboy color settings are. To make it an ordinary white light set them to the following:

Pipboy Color R = Move 9 clicks from the far right
Pipboy Color G = All the way to the right
Pipboy Color B = Move 7 clicks from the far right

Or go to your My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4 folder and edit your Fallout4Prefs.ini. You will find these three lines, set them like so"

fPipboyEffectColorB=0.6500
fPipboyEffectColorG=1.0000
fPipboyEffectColorR=0.5500

This is Awesome info !!! Leave it to you to find out secrets like this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 25 2016, 07:03 AM
Post #370

Knower
Group Icon

Yes it is very neat that you can change the pipboy color and light.

However, I prefer to keep the green color and instead use this mod- Tactical Flashlights to add a side mounted light that can be crafted in many colors.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2016, 07:09 AM
Post #371

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 25 2016, 01:03 AM) *

Yes it is very neat that you can change the pipboy color and light.

However, I prefer to keep the green color and instead use this mod- Tactical Flashlights to add a side mounted light that can be crafted in many colors.

WINTER WOLF !!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

You are so missed! I hope you have an AWESOME Holiday Season !!!!! Hug_emoticon.gif I miss you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 26 2016, 05:17 AM
Post #372

Knower
Group Icon

That is some crazy font you have going on mALX. laugh.gif

Merry Xmas and happy new year to you as well. smile.gif

I always leave Chorrol and head off every few months. But I always come back eventually. There are so many dedicated Bethesda gamers here that I enjoy chatting with!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2016, 05:39 AM
Post #373

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 25 2016, 11:17 PM) *

That is some crazy font you have going on mALX. laugh.gif

Merry Xmas and happy new year to you as well. smile.gif

I always leave Chorrol and head off every few months. But I always come back eventually. There are so many dedicated Bethesda gamers here that I enjoy chatting with!

laugh.gif It is the same font, just ... bigger and bolder, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 26 2016, 05:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 27 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #374

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a few interesting encounters in the last few days, all concerning Deathclaws. The first was when Hecate was exploring the northern edge of the map. She was going through a twisting and turning ravine and came across a big pile of bones, rotting flesh, and other grossness. I got close enough to mouse over it, and it revealed itself to be "Deathclaw Nest"!!! ohmy.gif

"Time for me to leave!" Hecate whispered in my ear, and she got out of there as fast as possible while still sneaking. Thankfully the residents were not around.

Not long after she found a Raider camp and cleared it out. There was a tall stone tower in the middle of the Raider camp. So she climbed up and found a siren on top of it. Naturally she pushed the button.

The next thing I knew I heard Raider voices from ground level, and gunfire. Oh great, I thought, I just summoned more bad guys. At first I thought they were shooting at Hecate. But then I took a look and saw the new Raiders were shooting at two Deathclaws that had also arrived at the sound of the siren!!! Apparently they came from the previous Deathclaw Nest. Hecate waited for the Deathclaws to finish off the Raiders, then put the 'claws down with grenades and liberal use of her sniper rifle.

Finally she was exploring the Museum of Witchcraft in Salem, which had a neat little sidequest associated with it. Apparently some Gunners (basically Talon Company for the Boston area, but even less savory) had stolen some Deathclaw Eggs from the very same nest. Guess who came after them? At the end I had the choice of selling the one surviving egg, or returning it to the nest. While Hecate is no fan of Deathclaws, her maternal instincts took over.

She took it back to the nest, sneaking all the way. But as she neared it, a Deathclaw appeared out of the cliff above her. That was a tense moment. Hecate continued on and put the egg back, and thankfully the Deathclaw did not attack. She sneaked out of there as fast as her feet could carry her.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 27 2016, 06:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 27 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #375

Mouth
Group Icon

I loved that quest, the Museum of Witchcraft was so spooky and tense when Alice and I first explored it.

Deathclaws are my absolute favourite wasteland creature - Alice has a pet 'Claw that keeps an eye on Red Rocket Truck Stop while we're out on adventures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 27 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #376

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 27 2016, 01:00 PM) *

I loved that quest, the Museum of Witchcraft was so spooky and tense when Alice and I first explored it.

Deathclaws are my absolute favourite wasteland creature - Alice has a pet 'Claw that keeps an eye on Red Rocket Truck Stop while we're out on adventures.

I love the Deathclaws too. They are the Dragons of the Fallout world. Like real dragons, not those oversized cliffracers in Skyrim. In Fallout Tactics you could recruit them into your party! smile.gif

Do you get a lot of Deathclaw attacks on the Red Rocket? I read that having a creature in a settlement attracts more of the same type to attack you.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 27 2016, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 27 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #377

Mouth
Group Icon

Nope, not yet. I once had a group (herd? flock?) of Deathclaws attack Sanctuary Hills when I had a pet one there (back when I used to use SancHills as my home base). That was pretty exciting.

The few times Red Rocket has been attacked, it was Super Mutants or raiders.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 28 2016, 01:38 AM
Post #378

Knower
Group Icon

I remember that button at the top of the tower. That was really cool!

I was running a heavy fog weather mod at the time and visibility was next to nothing as I descended the tower. All I could hear was screaming and shooting and much dying out there. laugh.gif I didn't quite know what was going on.

Sounds like you need a Deathclaw follower mod, SubRosa. I have one installed at Red Rocket cave and it is a blast to use. Everyone regrets fighting you after that. biggrin.gif He snacks on the mole rats while he is waiting. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Dec 28 2016, 01:41 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 9 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #379

Mouth
Group Icon

I've spent the past couple of days re-installing FO4 onto my Xbox after I deleted it a few months ago to make room for other stuff.

Some of the mods I'd been using are no longer available, and when I loaded up the game I found that some of the stuff I'd built has vanished. Fortunately Alice's home at Red Rocket is all there, but poor Abernathy Farm needed to be worked on. Alice is going to check on some of her other settlements - hopefully it won't be too much work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 13 2017, 02:16 AM
Post #380

Ancient
Group Icon

I have noticed some things about F4.

First is blocking is different from other Bethesda games. You can no longer hold a block indefinitely. When you press the block key, it basically plays a blocking animation. Which lasts for only a few seconds. Then you drop the block and go back to normal. So in order to effectively block you have to wait for your opponent to start their attack and press the block key before they hit you. Needless to say, that is not always easy.

Second, blocking deflects all damage from on incoming melee attack. It does not reduce it like other games, it stops it all. Which is nice when you are blocking. Not so nice when someone blocks your melee attacks however.

Super Mutants are even more fun than the other FO games. Now when they are searching for you, they will say things like "Here human, human, human..." Just like a person will say when trying to find a cat. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 15 2017, 12:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:11 AM