Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Lady Saga
post Apr 13 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 12 2012, 05:40 PM) *

So do I. It started with the damned Thalmor. First when I set Thorald Grey Mane free, then when I saw Thalmor patrols on the road, dragging people off in chains. The Empire does the same thing. After Helgen, I have no doubt what dark fate awaits those prisoners… It has to stop. The Jarls like Balgruuf will not do anything though. He even said to me that it was no concern of his who the Imperials executed. Only the Stormcloaks seem willing to fight for what is right.

DAmn those Thalmor. I hate them. Beth got her first taste of Thalmor the other day, four against one. They're nasty folk. emot-ninja1.gif

What race is your character, by the way? She's pretty, too.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 13 2012, 08:07 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 13 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 13 2012, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 12 2012, 05:40 PM) *

So do I. It started with the damned Thalmor. First when I set Thorald Grey Mane free, then when I saw Thalmor patrols on the road, dragging people off in chains. The Empire does the same thing. After Helgen, I have no doubt what dark fate awaits those prisoners… It has to stop. The Jarls like Balgruuf will not do anything though. He even said to me that it was no concern of his who the Imperials executed. Only the Stormcloaks seem willing to fight for what is right.

DAmn those Thalmor. I hate them. Beth got her first taste of Thalmor the other day, four against one. They're nasty folk. emot-ninja1.gif

What race is your character, by the way? She's pretty, too.

Ulfdis says thank you. smile.gif She is a Nord, raised in Bruma.

My first character Scylla basically ignored the Thalmor, and never attacked them. Then one of those four elf hit squads came out of nowhere and tried to kill her. That was one long, tough battle. One had her death warrant on him. I still have no idea why they suddenly went after her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 15 2012, 02:28 AM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 13 2012, 05:18 PM) *

One had her death warrant on him. I still have no idea why they suddenly went after her.

could be related to the College questlines? I'm thinking that one elf dude who's always in the College (the one who's condescending to us, I think he's a Thalmor himself) has something to do with it. Maybe he's jealous of our PC on his/her way up, and starts dispensing squads of Thalmore agents.

I dunno, that's my guess. Now watch...Ulfdis won't have anything to do with the College, now, right? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Apr 15 2012, 03:19 AM
Post #44

Agent

Loredas, 22 of Last Seed, 4E201

Falkreath is a good place to live, a little dreary and dry for my taste, but the people here are good, honest folk and they deserve better than this little tyrant they call their Jarl. His lordship Siddgeir is a corrupt boy that rules through his stewards, preferring to reap the benefits of his position without working for them, but this is just a "lowly Lizard's" opinion.

Jarl Siddgeir, the lazy lout, ordered me to fetch a bottle of Black Briar mead from Riften. Lucky for me the Dead Man carries some of the swill. I grabbed a bottle and am headed east towards what I hope is Southfringe, according to a local hunter.

Morndas, 24 of Last Seed, 4E201

What is worse than and Orc with a war hammer? Several Spellswords following an Orc with command over fire! Killed the lot of them with my bow, the Orc nearly cooked me alive, but, lucky, I had a scroll that summoned a "Familiar" which took the form of a wolf. It distracted the big burly beast long enough for me to get a good shot in and finish him.

Runil's Journal was among some loot the gang had gathered. I am ashamed to admit I read the old elf's journal as I returned to town. I wish I did not. He is a tormented soul who deserved peace. I worry for him, as his last entry he depicted a dream he had. It placed him in Falkreath attending to his priestly duties when, out of nowhere, a winged beast swept across the sky, blotting out the sun and casting a shadow across the town. He looked up at the black beast and it roared ending his dream. I fear his foresight and hope Arkay does not call him to death so soon.

This post has been edited by Arcry: Apr 15 2012, 03:22 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 15 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Apr 14 2012, 10:19 PM) *

Jarl Siddgeir, the lazy lout, ordered me to fetch a bottle of Black Briar mead from Riften. Lucky for me the Dead Man carries some of the swill. I grabbed a bottle and am headed east towards what I hope is Southfringe, according to a local hunter.

laugh.gif This is the funniest quest. He actually wants us to go to Riften to get him mead. Crystal Beth simply went down the street and purchased a bottle from somebody right there in Falkreath.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 15 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 14 2012, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Arcry @ Apr 14 2012, 10:19 PM) *

laugh.gif This is the funniest quest. He actually wants us to go to Riften to get him mead. Crystal Beth simply went down the street and purchased a bottle from somebody right there in Falkreath.

I did the same!

A Letter From Ulfdis

Dear Aunt Hervor and Uncle Jomar,

That went pretty well, all things considered. Ralof said that to me, as we stood together in Jarl Balgruuf's hall. He was right. It did go well. Whiterun is ours, and the snake of a Jarl cast down. I held my sword at this throat, and was but a moment from sending the wretch to Sovngarde. But then he surrendered.

It was just as well I did not kill him though, for at his word the rest of the city surrendered as well. That at least ended the destruction. The greedy traitor had the gall to threaten us afterward. He even insulted me personally. I spat back in his lying face. If Ralof had not been there to stop me, I would have taken the fetcher's head off right then and there. Then they would be calling me Jarlslayer, rather than Dragonslayer.

It all came to this when Ulfric sent me to Balgruuf. After we returned with the Jagged Crown, he decided it was time that Whiterun committed itself to the war. One way or the other. Ulfric gave me his axe, and bade me present it to Balgruuf as a gift. I may not be from Skyrim, but I did not need to be told what that meant. Either Balgruuf accepted Ulfric's friendship, or he rebuffed it.

Balgruuf chose the latter. Wagonloads of Imperial gold likely swayed his decision, at least according to his own steward. If I had ever doubted what side I chose, I would have no longer. The Empire buys loyalty with money. The Stormcloaks do with honor and steel.

So the blood swans would fly over Whiterun. The skein was woven, and Balgruuf's wyrd was set. Our first assault was on the barricades outside the main gate. I was able to get onto one of the walls there, and fight my way to the drawbridge. It was like Talos himself was in my sword arm that day. For none could stand against me. A slash of my sword cut loose the ropes holding it up, and moment later Galmar and the Stormcloak army was across.

I found Ralof inside the city. The two of us made our way up the hills together, past one barricade and another. Finally we set our boots to Dragonsreach. The doors to the palace could not hold us, and we were inside. Along with Galmar, and a few other stout Nords, we finished what Balgruuf started when he chose Imperial gold over Nordic honor.

That went rather well, all things considered.

-Ulfdis, Whiterun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 15 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #47

Mouth
Group Icon

^ that's kewl. I'm looking forward to doing the Civil War quest with a character whom is not extant yet. He'll most likely join the Stormcloaks.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 17 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

Since I restarted Hrafn, I am going to restart her journal as well. Even though some of it will be the same as before. sad.gif The trouble is, some has already changed as well.

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

Well Ma, you always told me to write things down in a journal, just like you do. I know you always wanted me to be an alchemist like you. When Shor's bones thaw in Sovengarde! But here I am anyway, writing in this empty book I bought from the trader here in Riverwood. I wonder if you are still back in Dawnstar, picking snowberries off the mountainsides? And nagging Pa to wash up before dinner. As if a blacksmith can ever get clean. If you did not like soot, why did you tie Mara's knot with him?

Anyway, why am I writing this Ma? So much has happened in the last few days. So many impossible things. Maybe I just want to convince myself it is all true, and I did not just dream it. It still seems like a nightmare, dragons, the Empire trying to kill me, it is like Nirn has turned upside down.

It all started, when? I have no idea what day it was. I was finally returning home, after so many years serving as a mercenary for the Imperials. So many years of fighting those Cyrod's petty little battles, and for what? So that damned Emperor of theirs could betray we Nords, betray Talos? What did we spill out blood for?

Ah, but that is just the tip of the horker. While crossing the mountains, I walked into something. I do not know what. There was a line of wagons carrying men. I thought it was a caravan at first, so I went to greet them. I was hoping they might have some mead or ale to trade. I have been living on melted snow and rabbits for days. The next thing I knew there was an arrow in my leg, then the pommel of an Imperial sword made a home against my head.

When I awoke, well, I was in the caravan. Only it was not a caravan at all, but a train of prisoners. The Jarl of Windhelm himself sat beside me! I remember him Pas tales about the Great War. He fought with Pa and the rest of us Nords who had taken up the axe and sword to defend the Empire from the cursed elves. Now this is how the Empire treats us in return? This is our reward for faithful service? First they take our gods from us, then our lives?

For we were bound for the headsman's axe, in the Imperial castle at Helgen. They could care less that my name was not on their filthy list, or that I was a veteran of their own service. All they wanted was Nordic heads in a basket.

They would have had them too, if not the for the dragon. Yes, I wrote that, the dragon. I saw him as they laid my own head on the block. It was black as ebony, and turned the sky the same color with but a word. Thunder and fire rained down as it spoke, and men died all around. Nothing could harm it, not steel nor spell, and it took its time knocking over the castle as if it were one of those houses of cards Da would make at the dinner table.

The rest was confusing. More confusing than any Khajiit raid or Bosmer ambush. I was able to escape along with a Stormcloak named Ralof. He had sat across from me in the wagon. I like him Ma. He is not all full of bluster like most Nord men, who try to hide their fears and doubts behind false bravado. He has nothing to prove to anyone. He is just himself. A good Nord man who fought his way through the Imperials with me, as we made our escape from man and dragon. I wonder if he has tied Mara's knot? He spoke of a girl he knew in Helgen named Vilod. But only the blood-swans live in Helgen now...

The rest seems to trivial. We made tracks from there fast. If any of the Imperials escaped, we had to put miles between us and them. As well as from the rest likely to come when they saw the smoke. It filled the sky like a harbinger of doom. We made our way to a village where his sister lives, and hid with her for the night.

Ralof told me about the rebellion, about how Ulfric challenged the High King in the old way and slew him in personal combat. That the Empire wanted him dead, because he will not bow down to the elves, and betray our good Talos. I cannot believe so much has happened since I was away. Ralof says I should go to Windhelm with him, and join the fight. I think I should.

But it has been so long, and so much has happened, I wonder if I am home at all? I think I will be coming to see you soon instead Ma. First at least. You warned me about going away to fight for the Empire, but I would not listen. Now I see what a mistake it was. How many years of my life have I wasted for those faithless cowards? You were always so much smarter than Da and me. Like he always says, I got your looks, but his thick head. Maybe you will know what I should do?

-Hrafn, in Riverwood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 17 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

*CLAPS* Oh...that's good, SubRosa. You really got me hooked.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2012, 01:15 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

Here I am again Ma. Ralof's sister asked me to go to Whiterun, to tell the Jarl about the dragon. I'd sooner kiss a horker, but she was a good host, offering me a place to stay after Ralof and I escaped from Helgen. Not that I spent the night there. There was only one bed, and she and her husband shared it. If there had been another bed, then perhaps Ralof would have…

Ma, how did you know Da was the one to tie Mara's knot with? Oh never mind. There are more important things to write with this damned goose feather.

I spent a day working with the smith, helping him in the forge. Da's lessons showed, and he was impressed with what I knew about iron and steel. His wife was less then pleased however, and I don't think I've ever seen a woman so glad to see my feet take me the other way when I left town next morning.

Ralof said that the Imperials wouldn't be looking for me. My name was not on their list, and no one was left alive who would know me. That was why I was the one to go to Whietrun. I wonder if I made the right decision, not going with him? Will I ever see him again? Or will I forever wonder what happened to that man?

Whiterun. Yes. It was a long walk north between the mountains, with only the wolves for company. But they kept their distance, and I respected their territory, so we got along just fine. On the other side of the mountains things changed. Lots of farms and even a meadery. I've never seen so many bees in my life! I was tempted to stop in for a drop, but I just wanted to get things over with, and be on my way home.

So up to the city I went. It's the only mound on the whole damn tundra. I swear Ma, I don't know how people can live there. The land is just flat and empty in all directions, and the wind never stops. No trees, no mountains, no ocean. The city itself is like big mammoth turd rising up on the plain.

The Jarl talked to me, after one of his damned huscarls drew steel against me. I thought I was going to have to kill her there in the hall, and had my axe and shield in hand. But cooler heads prevailed, and I made my report of the dragon to the bag of wind. When I told him that the Imperials tried to give me a shave, he called me a criminal, and said he did not care who the Imperials decided to execute. How can a man like that lead our people? How can a Nord look the other way when the Empire spills the blood of the sons and daughters of Skyrim?

Well, I was hoping to get myself out of there, but the damned blowhard dragged his court wizard into the mess, and the next thing I knew I was being sent on an official mission for the Hold. Finding some silly magic stone in one of the old barrows. I just nodded and said "aye". Then I remembered, Riverwood was just across the river from the barrow.

So I went back, wondering if Ralof was still there at his sister's house. He wasn't. But a wood elf named Faendal was. Normally I wouldn't have much use for a point eared bushwhacker, but he seemed a cut above most of his countrymen. He was a hard worker for one, I remembered seeing him chopping wood at the mill my first time through, and he was at it again when I walked in the village. Seems he has his eye on a certain Imperial lady in town. Trouble is so does some other fella. Sven was his name. He was tall, had muscles, blond hair, blue eyes, and rocks between his ears bigger than the mountain the barrow was sitting upon. A typical Nord man. Poor Faendal didn't stand a chance. So I helped out the wood elf, and now he has the lady all to himself.

Just to show his appreciation, Faendal lent me a hand with my own problem: Bleak Falls Barrow. I have to say, it was handy having him there. As you can imagine, he's good with a bow. Between the two of us, we dealt with everything that got in our way, be it bandits, frostbite spiders, or draugr. I am not proud of plundering a tomb of our ancestors. But we did it, and found that blasted stone. I parted ways with Faendal back in Riverwood, and headed back to Whiterun.

-Hrafn, north of Riverwood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 19 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

I got halfway thru reading the post above, but then I realized I'd already read it before. Lol. You said you changed something, but I'm not seeing what it is.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

The newer parts are in the second half, where she hooked up with Faendal (which she did not do before).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 20 2012, 01:31 AM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah, I see. I see why you changed it, too.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 20 2012, 04:32 AM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Vera the Huntress walked briskly in the road in between the pine forests of Falkreath Hold. She whistled an old tune as she held her axe behind her back, encased in steel armor. With her other hand, she tossed around the Ring of Hircine up and down. I earned this, she thought to herself. Sinding? Poor dog wouldn't stand a chance without my help. As a devout worshiper of Hircine, survivalist and bounty hunter, she truly made an uncharacteristic decision by aiding her fellow Lycanthropy in hunting down and devouring the hunters. After all, it was the Bloodmoon. What was I going to do? Turn into her bestial form and join with the merry yet sad band of tidbits and hamshanks? Nay!

She smiled at the thought of reversing the Chase, turning it inside out and still please her Master. After all, she was a werewolf. Hircine's greatest hunters in all of Tamriel. Not even those overgrown werebears could match my strain! She took a seat underneath a tree, atop of a log. She pulled out her journal to write her journey.

Entry 1: Last night was marvelous. The prisoner I met in Falkreath who teared the child to shreds was no other than a werewolf himself! Sad day when a Lycanthrope is captured by a band of Nords. But in my lifetime, I realized it is only natural. Tamriel, the arena, is a never ending struggle. If we don't survive, we die. If we survive, others die. I'm glad to be a survivor. And I am glad I can be a survivor with purpose. Yet deep inside it pains me that I could not enjoy the hunt in Solstheim.

Entry 2: Sinding thanked me for saving his skin, quite literately. Honestly, I was just glad I pleased Hircine and was rewarded with his mythical ring. Such a legendary item, wrapped around my finger! I am also pleased to know that Hircine removed his curse from it, it means my uncontrollable urges aren't increased two fold. I've been thinking on why Sinding must of displeased Hircine. Was it because he was like the majority of the pups out there? Whining about his gift? Or perhaps his thievery of the ring was not sporting in the eyes of my Lord. In the end, it does not matter. I'm not the one on the leash.

Entry 3: I arrived in the sleepy town of Falkreath after my nightly escapade near Lake Ilinalta. I awoke with blood over my body, not of my own, however. As I got dressed and headed to the town of Falkreath. At the Dead Man's, I met with Aela the Huntress after I told her to stay there after I transformed a night after I received the ring. A few days ago she told me of the Totems of Hircine. Mundane looking objects that could channel the power of the werewolt to new directions! I told her it can wait, because I had a bounty to catch first. Totems do not have legs, but my prey does.

Entry 4: Ha! I collected my bounty by killing the accursed bandit chief at Cracked Tusk Keep. I took a more subtle approach, using guile rather than strength or speed to bring down my quarry. The first three fell by my arrows. The Orismer himself died at the end of my axe. I returned to the town to collect my payment. One hundred coins in my pocket. Pathetic. I risked my own neck only to receive cheap pay from the innkeeper. These jarls are too cheap anyways.

Entry 5:Aela and I set out on the journey, she's like the sister I never had. Of course, it is only the two of us. The brothers, Vilkas and Farkas, are too set in their Nordic ways to even think about doing anything for Hircine or themselves. They aren't enamored in the blood of the Beast as Aela or me, or even Skjor before his unfotunate passing(hunt well, brother. I will see you again in the Hunting Grounds). I am no Nord, so I never thought much about going to Sovngarde. I might never even discover what all the fuss is about. If they wish to be belching drunks for all eternity, it is fine by me. I rather embrace the glory of Oblivion, and hunt with my ancestors and my Lord! Will I aid the brothers in their search for a cure? I cannoy say. But if they wish to embrace their concept of freedom, then I will have to oblige. Perhaps I can cleanse the Circle of the human taint afterall.

Entry 6:The Totems of Hircine! Never would I imagine I would undertake a journey to reclaim these ancient relics again. I remember once, in a time so long ago, that I was to protect the Totem of Claw and Fang in the frozen island of Solstheim during the last Bloodmoon, after the pact me and my husband made with the Glenmoril Witches. I understand these were the totems used by the indigenous people of that age. An ancient tribe who's bloodline carried all the way to my time. I am proud of my lineage, and I am even more filled with it knowing I can touch a memory of the past. I set out tonight to begin my search for the Totem of Fear. A skull of a wolf used in blood ceremonies that brought forth the bloodlines. I ask for Hircine's guidance!

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 20 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

blink.gif ...*Rolls eyes and shakes head sadly...*... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...

Decided to put all the dragon bones to good use - well, from the four or five that I've killed so far - and make J'Zargo a suit of Dragon Armour...He seems to like the helmet and body-armour so far...The legendary Ebony Gauntlets and Boots look very cool with the first pieces, they seem to go well with it...I'm gonna see what the Dragon boots and gauntlets look like but from what I remember, the whole suit together (including shield) looked a bit...Meh...So maybe so, maybe not...we shall see...

Am also considering...A Deadric Shield...*Spits*...Maybe...We'll see...J'Zargo looks - as they say down in the southern UK metropolis of Lodnol - Wew Sowid...

Otherwise, met the Greybeards, learned some more shouts, and sundry other Miscellanious quests here and there...But almost no dragons, except for the few where the kids have suddenly yelled "Dragon Mount!!" and it throws the hell out of me for a sec before I realise what they're on about... biggrin.gif ...

It's actually more fun, this time 'round...*Shrug*...

Oh, bought the house in Whiterun too...Just so I got somewhere better to store stuff bar the Kodlak's room in Jorrvaskr...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 20 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #56

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 19 2012, 11:32 PM) *

*snip*

I think Crystal Beth almost did this...the werewolf in Falkreath thing, that is. It's one of the rare times I stopped a game and loaded up a previous save, because she accepted the ring (against my better judgement) but I found myself just not wanting to do any werewolf stuff.

It'll be for another future character, possibly.

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 20 2012, 09:27 AM) *

Decided to put all the dragon bones to good use - well, from the four or five that I've killed so far - and make J'Zargo a suit of Dragon Armour...

You'll have to post some screenshots!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 20 2012, 03:35 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 20 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 20 2012, 02:27 PM) *

blink.gif ...*Rolls eyes and shakes head sadly...*... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...
Hey! Be nice -_-

It actually did happen. I reloaded some previous saves and did an all hunting week with my female character, Vera. Yes, Aela joined me. Yes, I helped Sinding. Yes, I stopped at the totems quest tongue.gif

I don't get the rolling eyes though wacko.gif

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 20 2012, 03:32 PM) *

*snip*

I think Crystal Beth almost did this...the werewolf in Falkreath thing, that is. It's one of the rare times I stopped a game and loaded up a previous save, because she accepted the ring (against my better judgement) but I found myself just not wanting to do any werewolf stuff.

I stopped hunting around Falkreath because for some odd reason Farkas and the others keep popping up there and attacking me for no reason. And the guards in the town take forever to respawn, so at night the doors are closed, as if they know a wolf is going on a rampage tongue.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 20 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 20 2012, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 20 2012, 02:27 PM) *

Hey! Be nice -_-

It actually did happen. I reloaded some previous saves and did an all hunting week with my female character, Vera. Yes, Aela joined me. Yes, I helped Sinding. Yes, I stopped at the totems quest tongue.gif

I don't get the rolling eyes though wacko.gif

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 20 2012, 03:32 PM) *

*snip*

I stopped hunting around Falkreath because for some odd reason Farkas and the others keep popping up there and attacking me for no reason. And the guards in the town take forever to respawn, so at night the doors are closed, as if they know a wolf is going on a rampage tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 22 2012, 02:40 AM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Well Ma, I made it back to Whiterun with no worries, and found that pompous horker of a mage at the court. He was talking with some snotty princess trying to act tough in suit of leather armor. The mage was surprised that I came back alive. I felt like stuffing the damned stone down his throat and choking the arrogant ponce with it. But your blood won out over Da's, and I just gave the weakling the silly rock.

I would have been on my way after that, but the vile dark elf huscarl of the Jarl burst in ranting about a dragon. The next thing I knew I was being dragged before the blowhard himself, along with the wizard. The idiot flapped his jaws for a while, and then the dark elf and I went marching off to face the beast with a band of men in tow.

We found a watchtower in ruins. One man survived, he came creeping out of the rubble and warned us that the dragon might still be nearby. He was right, it was. It came out of the mountains to the south, and lit the night up with fire. It was just like Helgen all over again. Except this time I was armed, with a good solid axe and bow made by our ancestors.

The beast flew around burning things - people - with its breath. So we started with the bows. You would not believe how hard it is to hit a dragon with an arrow. Sure they are bigger than a house, but they move faster than a cat when they're in the air. Thankfully it landed, and then the fight got going. I am glad I said my prayers to Talos that morning, because surely I would not have survived if not for his blessing.

It ended with me standing on top of the dead dragon. No one else was around, which surprised me. I guess I had been fighting it alone. The others came running around the other side of the ruins when the light show started. I don't know what it was, except it sure as Shor was magic. Afterward some fool called me dragonborn. As if I am Talos' long lost great, great, great granddaughter!

We made our way back to the palace at Whiterun. I'd have rather stopped at the Bannered Mare for some mead. But the dark elf insisted. Her kind must be as wicked and profane as they say, for she subjected me to more of her Jarl's blathering. By the gods what is it about thrones that turn men into such arrogant idiots?

I got out of there as soon as I could, and found the inn. I had a good fist-fight with another woman there, and we put down a few barrels of mead together afterward. The headache and sore jaw I have this morning tells me that neither was such a good idea. But at least it got that damned dragon out of my mind. For a while.

-Hrafn, the Bannered Mare.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 22 2012, 04:51 AM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

awesome
+Quote Post

132 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 AM