Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 682 683 684 685 686 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Lopov
post May 24 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #13661

Master
Group Icon

Oh, I didn't recognize it, we have Pathfinders here too, but all models are old by now, not sure if they're still being made, if they are, we're not getting them to Europe.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 24 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #13662

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 24 2020, 03:49 PM) *

Oh, I didn't recognize it, we have Pathfinders here too, but all models are old by now, not sure if they're still being made, if they are, we're not getting them to Europe.

I think that Nissan Pathfinder was a 1987 model. We did a body lift and a suspension lift on it; used over-sized "mudder" tires and put a black "bra" on the front of it. Everyone loved it at the car show we entered it in; and the German men went crazy over it!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 24 2020, 09:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 24 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #13663

Master
Group Icon

Well, after a Google search, gas prices here in Sweden on average are a tiny bit over what I was paying in California, at about 5.80 per gallon in Stockholm.

I was paying 5 per in my neck of Cali before I moved. It's cheaper now only because of the lockdown.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 24 2020, 10:38 PM
Post #13664

Ancient
Group Icon

@SubRosa - that's a great mileage for a car of such size. Your car looks great! I've only seen one or two Jeep GC so far, standard Cherokees are more common, but the most common is Renegade. I remember a photo of your Chevy Cobalt on some snowy road as you went to visit your relatives (brother, I think).

That must have been this pic, from one of my visits to my father's place Up North.

This is my Grand Cherokee. It has a lot of room, which is why I bought it. I got tired of having to borrow my mother's pick up every time I bought something big, like a mattress or TV set. Or when I had to move or help someone else move. Plus it is really good in the snow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 24 2020, 11:36 PM
Post #13665

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, I remember when you got that beautiful jeep. D'ya think it's better than a nuclear powered Geo Metro? tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 24 2020, 11:44 PM
Post #13666

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2020, 05:38 PM) *

@SubRosa - that's a great mileage for a car of such size. Your car looks great! I've only seen one or two Jeep GC so far, standard Cherokees are more common, but the most common is Renegade. I remember a photo of your Chevy Cobalt on some snowy road as you went to visit your relatives (brother, I think).

That must have been this pic, from one of my visits to my father's place Up North.

This is my Grand Cherokee. It has a lot of room, which is why I bought it. I got tired of having to borrow my mother's pick up every time I bought something big, like a mattress or TV set. Or when I had to move or help someone else move. Plus it is really good in the snow.

That Jeep GC is beautiful! That poor Chevy Cobalt doesn't look very happy in that snow, lol. Chevy's don't like the cold; did you have trouble starting it in that freezing weather? Lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 24 2020, 11:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 25 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #13667

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 24 2020, 06:36 PM) *

SubRosa, I remember when you got that beautiful jeep. D'ya think it's better than a nuclear powered Geo Metro? tongue.gif

I think I would take the Geo, for the cold fusion reactor. Though having that reactor in the Jeep would be even nicer.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 24 2020, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2020, 05:38 PM) *

That Jeep GC is beautiful! That poor Chevy Cobalt doesn't look very happy in that snow, lol. Chevy's don't like the cold; did you have trouble starting it in that freezing weather? Lol.

I never had any problem with the Cobalt because of the cold. But it was terrible driving in the snow. It would slide all over the place. Once I slid through an intersection with it, and I was only doing 20 mph. Thankfully it was Up North, so there weren't any other cars for miles.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 25 2020, 02:41 AM
Post #13668

Master
Group Icon

my family had chevys for many years, and my first car was a chevy - never failed to start no matter how cold it got (and that was in MN!). As for handling, it was so so, I went off the highway into the median strip one time. granted that was black ice, anything would have gone off the road when that cold western blast hit it!

The best car I ever drove? It comes down to two, both Saturns. My current car is an '08 Saturn Aura that handles bad winter roads very easily - it's big and heavy and wheels set wide. V6, though so it's a bit of a gas guzzler by Saturn standards. The most fun one was the '07 Sky convertible I had for four years - that car was so much fun to drive, and got so much attention everywhere I went with it. It was the car I wanted for myself since I was three years old, so reminiscent of the old style Corvettes I grew up with. I still miss that car.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 25 2020, 03:22 AM
Post #13669

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ May 24 2020, 09:41 PM) *

The best car I ever drove? It comes down to two, both Saturns. My current car is an '08 Saturn Aura that handles bad winter roads very easily - it's big and heavy and wheels set wide. V6, though so it's a bit of a gas guzzler by Saturn standards. The most fun one was the '07 Sky convertible I had for four years - that car was so much fun to drive, and got so much attention everywhere I went with it. It was the car I wanted for myself since I was three years old, so reminiscent of the old style Corvettes I grew up with. I still miss that car.

Ryo from the Stormcrow fic drives a 2007 Saturn Sky convertible. Blue though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 25 2020, 06:30 AM
Post #13670

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2020, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 24 2020, 06:44 PM) *

I never had any problem with the Cobalt because of the cold. But it was terrible driving in the snow. It would slide all over the place. Once I slid through an intersection with it, and I was only doing 20 mph. Thankfully it was Up North, so there weren't any other cars for miles.

That is really scary!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ May 24 2020, 09:41 PM) *

my family had chevys for many years, and my first car was a chevy - never failed to start no matter how cold it got (and that was in MN!). As for handling, it was so so, I went off the highway into the median strip one time. granted that was black ice, anything would have gone off the road when that cold western blast hit it!

Ooh yeah; like one of those old MG's!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 25 2020, 06:55 AM
Post #13671

Master
Group Icon

Dated a guy with a Geo Metro once. The gas mileage on it was *fabulous*.

I personally can't drive so I don't have a car. Neither does husband. His parents drive us around in their Legacy.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 26 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #13672

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm still driving this after 15 years. Why would I want anything else?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 26 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #13673

Paladin
Group Icon

ghastly, that is very pretty. Is it a Lotus? If so, perhaps an Elan model?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 26 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #13674

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 26 2020, 11:56 AM) *

ghastly, that is very pretty. Is it a Lotus? If so, perhaps an Elan model?

Lotus, yes, but it's the US version of the Elise, which is no longer made. The only Lotus you can get here now is the somewhat larger Evora. The federally mandated "safety" stuff adds up the weight to make cars this small just about impossible.

When I bought it, Proton owned Lotus, but now Geely do (so now it's a sister brand to Volvo). They were previously owned by GM for a while, too.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 26 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #13675

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ha! I knew it was the Elise! biggrin.gif

Really nice car, ghastley. I take it you bought it from the proceeds of your Gweden farm mod...? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 26 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #13676

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 26 2020, 11:37 AM) *

I'm still driving this after 15 years. Why would I want anything else?

That is hot! Awesome ride, Ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 26 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #13677

Master
Group Icon

Looks great! I've seen Lotus cars very rarely.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 26 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #13678

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 26 2020, 09:52 PM) *

Looks great! I've seen Lotus cars very rarely.

I've seen them every summer at the gathering of old cars, bikes and sportscars. The're like gocarts when you stand next to them biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Jun 1 2020, 03:06 AM
Post #13679

Knower
Group Icon

Best car I ever drove was a Porsche.

My boss at the time asked if I'd be willing to go grab his laptop from Best Buy. I didn't have a car so he asked if I knew how to drive stick. Then he tossed me his keys and said it was the black Porsche in the back. 😳 It had been awhile since I had driven stick, so it took a moment to get the rhythm right. But omg. That was great.

Second place goes to the Mustang my dad rented a couple weeks ago.

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 1 2020, 11:28 AM
Post #13680

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ May 31 2020, 10:06 PM) *

Best car I ever drove was a Porsche.

My boss at the time asked if I'd be willing to go grab his laptop from Best Buy. I didn't have a car so he asked if I knew how to drive stick. Then he tossed me his keys and said it was the black Porsche in the back. 😳 It had been awhile since I had driven stick, so it took a moment to get the rhythm right. But omg. That was great.

Second place goes to the Mustang my dad rented a couple weeks ago.

Don't tell me your teeth didn't hurt from that drive! Man they can rattle your teeth their suspension is so tight; laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 682 683 684 685 686 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:02 PM