Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampire: The Masquerade Games, Warning - Spoilers Ahead!
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 24 2021, 06:06 PM
Post #441

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2021, 10:58 AM) *

I think just buying ammo from him triggers it? Can't say for certain though.

As for Crow, first couple of times I killed everyone but then I learned about the sneaky approach and subsequently did it that way instead.

Brigitte bought lots of anno from him. Never offered quest.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2021, 06:37 PM
Post #442

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:06 PM) *

I wonder what weapon I bought from him that triggered it first time? The world will never know indifferent.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 24 2021, 06:50 PM
Post #443

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2021, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:06 PM) *

I wonder what weapon I bought from him that triggered it first time? The world will never know indifferent.gif

Brigitte used the combat knife as her w.o.c for a long time. Most of the guns we picked up off of wasted NPCs.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #444

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:50 PM) *

Most of the guns we picked up off of wasted NPCs.

Yeah, same here. I'm a cheapskate so I always got my weapons from fallen foes so I really do wonder what gun I actually bought wacko.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 24 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #445

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2021, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:50 PM) *

Most of the guns we picked up off of wasted NPCs.

Yeah, same here. I'm a cheapskate so I always got my weapons from fallen foes so I really do wonder what gun I actually bought wacko.gif

You should play again just to see if it’ll jog your memory. laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2021, 07:05 PM
Post #446

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:55 PM) *

Actually, I was gonna fire it up the other week just to check on my last character but apparently I had uninstalled it for some reason mellow.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 24 2021, 07:08 PM
Post #447

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2021, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 24 2021, 06:55 PM) *

Actually, I was gonna fire it up the other week just to check on my last character but apparently I had uninstalled it for some reason mellow.gif

So did you reinstall it?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2021, 07:11 PM
Post #448

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nah.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 24 2021, 07:29 PM
Post #449

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol bird

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 24 2021, 10:46 PM
Post #450

Ancient
Group Icon

Playing a Nosferatu has been challenging, but fun. It really does change how the game plays. Obfuscate is really important. You want to raise that as fast as you can. Starting at rank 3, attacks from obfuscation do extra damage, with progressively higher bonus with each rank. At rank 4 you can move around without crouching and remain obfuscated. At rank 5 you can open doors and use computers without breaking obfuscation. At that point you can go anywhere except Elysium spaces with ease.

The sneak missions are almost always simple now. Fat Larry's Traffik quest had always given me problems trying to sneak down to the bottom of the parking garage before. Now I literally just walked past everyone. The same with Metalhead Industries. I had a little trouble with getting in the Giovanni Mansion. Instead of trying to get in the front door, I tried sneaking in the back. But there is a guard at the door, and you cannot just sneak past him to get in. The door won't open with hims standing there. So I tried using an empty sardine can to distract him into moving. But even if I flung it directly into him, he did not react. The problem was I was obfuscated. I had to turn off all my powers for him to notice the can. Then once I went in, all the guards were on alert, and the guests were gone. Not that I had any trouble sneaking past them all.

This is a great clan to play a ninja. I have never made so many sneak attack kills in this game. I picked up Fortitude from Beckett, and now she is a combo ninja/tank in melee.

Getting 3 blood points from each rat you drain really makes a difference too. I rarely even bother trying to hunt above ground. The rats are usually all I need to top off.

Well, I beat the game. P8eR M3 N00b$!! This was my first time doing the Anarch ending. It seemed a little odd, since it showed Lacroix doing what he does with the sarcophagus. Then it cut to a very brief scene of my character walking on the street. Or at least trying to walk. She was stuck in place, with her feet moving, but her body not actually going anywhere. Then it cut to Jack and the Cabbie talking. I recall the Independent ending showing my character walking past Nines and company on the street, and them looking dumbfounded. So I thought there would be some kind of reunion with the Anarchs. But I looked at the Anarch ending on YouTube, and it was the same way as it was for me. So I guess that is normal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #451

Ancient
Group Icon

Congrats Subbie! It sounds like Nossies are truly masters of shadows!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #452

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Already done with the playthrough? That was quick laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 25 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #453

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2021, 10:06 AM) *

Already done with the playthrough? That was quick laugh.gif

She came, she saw, she kicked its ass!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2021, 07:50 PM
Post #454

Spam Meister
Group Icon

The only clan for me is Malkavian, but man that font is irritating. I have trouble understanding what I'm really saying but even reading the letters is hard.

Best clan imo though.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2021, 01:29 AM
Post #455

Ancient
Group Icon

It was quick. Not much else to do. The Nosferatu was fun to play. It is a very different experience than playing the other "normal" clans. Sadly there are a few places where my Obfuscate did not work. Mostly boss fights, and especially the Hallowbrook Hotel. For some reason the Sabbat could always see me, even at Obfuscate level 5.

I started a Gangrel game already. Really I just did the tutorial to see how the clan played. I am also thinking of trying a Malkavian. I might do the tutorial with one as well, and see what I am more in the mood for.

I also vaguely have ideas for playing a Toreador at some point. What I read is that they are the ideal clan for a firearms character. Auspex and Celerity are supposed to be really good for that. I have never really had a lot of use for guns in this game. They seem really weak. But maybe with a Toreador it would be viable? Besides, I have a mod that allows you to change the Toreador character model for a bunch of NPCs. I was thinking of using the goth girl from the clubs, with the white dress.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2021, 02:24 AM
Post #456

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2021, 06:29 PM) *

It was quick. Not much else to do. The Nosferatu was fun to play. It is a very different experience than playing the other "normal" clans. Sadly there are a few places where my Obfuscate did not work. Mostly boss fights, and especially the Hallowbrook Hotel. For some reason the Sabbat could always see me, even at Obfuscate level 5.

I started a Gangrel game already. Really I just did the tutorial to see how the clan played. I am also thinking of trying a Malkavian. I might do the tutorial with one as well, and see what I am more in the mood for.

I also vaguely have ideas for playing a Toreador at some point. What I read is that they are the ideal clan for a firearms character. Auspex and Celerity are supposed to be really good for that. I have never really had a lot of use for guns in this game. They seem really weak. But maybe with a Toreador it would be viable? Besides, I have a mod that allows you to change the Toreador character model for a bunch of NPCs. I was thinking of using the goth girl from the clubs, with the white dress.

Guns are great against humans, which are mostly what you fight. You could probably blood buff and combat knife most anything else to death. Or stealth for sneak attack kills. You might have problems fighting the tougher vampires (Brother Kanker, possibly Andrei and the Sheriff). And the Gargoyle, but I think there is a talky way of dealing with that, which as a Toreador you should be good at.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2021, 02:53 AM
Post #457

Ancient
Group Icon

I just gave a Malkavian and a Toreador tutorial a try. The Malkavian was definitely the more interesting. I liked the dialogue, and their way of speech. Mirocu is right though, the font is hard to read. Like the Ventrue, they get special options in dialogue to dominate people.

I found the Toreador to be kind of bland. None of their disciplines really do much for me. I never used Auspex much when I played a Tremere. Now I am reminded why. It is kind of useful for stealth. But you don't really need it. With January I found that Celerity is little use in melee. But it is supposed to be good with ranged when combined with Auspex (to raise Per and Wits). Finally Presence never really impressed me. It ruins sneak attacks.

So I am either going to continue with the Malkavian or Gangrel. I am not sure which.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2021, 04:45 AM
Post #458

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2021, 07:53 PM) *

I just gave a Malkavian and a Toreador tutorial a try. The Malkavian was definitely the more interesting. I liked the dialogue, and their way of speech. Mirocu is right though, the font is hard to read. Like the Ventrue, they get special options in dialogue to dominate people.

I found the Toreador to be kind of bland. None of their disciplines really do much for me. I never used Auspex much when I played a Tremere. Now I am reminded why. It is kind of useful for stealth. But you don't really need it. With January I found that Celerity is little use in melee. But it is supposed to be good with ranged when combined with Auspex (to raise Per and Wits). Finally Presence never really impressed me. It ruins sneak attacks.

So I am either going to continue with the Malkavian or Gangrel. I am not sure which.

Brigitte was a blast to play. It’s funny how people react to Malks. They are also good with sneaking since they also have access to Obfuscate (Brigitte only got up to like level 3 in that though). Dementation is fun too, but I found myself using Vision of Death most often. You do get conversation options based on your Dementation level though, so I think it is definitely worth investing in, despite what some crows might say. (‘Rocu! laugh.gif)

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2021, 05:12 AM
Post #459

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 25 2021, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2021, 07:53 PM) *

Brigitte was a blast to play. It’s funny how people react to Malks. They are also good with sneaking since they also have access to Obfuscate (Brigitte only got up to like level 3 in that though). Dementation is fun too, but I found myself using Vision of Death most often. You do get conversation options based on your Dementation level though, so I think it is definitely worth investing in, despite what some crows might say. (‘Rocu! laugh.gif)

I'm not quite sure how to play a Malkavian. Should I try going the stealth kill, melee ninja type? Or should I concentrate on ranged combat with guns? I have looked online, and I see people suggesting both. OTOH, the Toreador seems to be straight up best at ranged combat. While the Gangrel is clearly a melee fighter.

I might give the Toreador another try. With the plus patch at least, they get extra conversation options like the Ventrue and Malkavians. I am not sure if they got that in the vanilla game or not. So they can talk their way through a lot of things. Plus I really would like to see if there is a way to make ranged combat really good in this game. It has always disappointed me in the past. But Celerity + Auspex + putting a lot of points in Firearms might do the trick.

The trouble is I cannot seem to find a look I like. I am not thrilled with the vanilla Toreador skin. I tried the goth girl, but the physics on the skirt just get too wild. It winds up looking like a mushroom around her hips a lot. I tried another mod that replaces the vanilla toreador with the high class party girl NPC you see walking around Downtown. So I might try that one for a bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 26 2021, 01:12 PM
Post #460

Spam Meister
Group Icon

If you decide to play Malk, stealth kills is the way to go mostly. As with your Nos playthrough it's only boss fights that make you go fisticuffs and for that I always found Vision of Death useful as a substitue for regular fighting as it damages them at least a little and also stuns them for a short period. I expect Bedlam to be of greater effect but I never used that on bosses due to it being blood heavy.

But yeah, imho Malks is the most interesting clan.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:57 AM