43 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pics of your Pets!
Lady Syl
post Apr 22 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #101

Finder
Group Icon

Minque: My Emmy isn't fond of other cats most of the time either. I haven't been able to find another cat she liked since Bear left us... I would have a hard time working with animals in a shelter--I would want to take them ALL home with me! biggrin.gif

mALX: Thanks! Yeah, I had to include the pics with my kids because those are two of my favorites, and I don't have many pics of Emmy on my laptop right now... If I can figure out my scanner, I'll post some from when she was a kitten. So precious... smile.gif

I love your brood of animals. That's the one thing I loved most about living on a farm or out in the country--surrounded by nature and animals! I live in a (small) city now, and I hate it. My husband and I want to get back out into the country and have lots of animals! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Lady Syl: Apr 22 2011, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Warning: I am totally insane. But I'll tell you a secret--all the best people are.

Memoirs of a Madwoman
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 22 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #102

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Syl @ Apr 22 2011, 04:33 PM) *

Minque: My Emmy isn't fond of other cats most of the time either. I haven't been able to find another cat she liked since Bear left us... I would have a hard time working with animals in a shelter--I would want to take them ALL home with me! biggrin.gif

mALX: Thanks! Yeah, I had to include the pics with my kids because those are two of my favorites, and I don't have many pics of Emmy on my laptop right now... If I can figure out my scanner, I'll post some from when she was a kitten. So precious... smile.gif

I love your brood of animals. That's the one thing I loved most about living on a farm or out in the country--surrounded by nature and animals! I live in a (small) city now, and I hate it. My husband and I want to get back out into the country and have lots of animals! happy.gif

Thank You, Syl !! I know what you mean, lol. I like having animals around too.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 24 2011, 02:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 23 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #103

Wise Woman
Group Icon

The last pic of Indra is actually taken by her breeder, Lasse Cajander, he is one kind of a cat photographer! His gear are quite professional. He always takes photos at cat shows almost all over the country...

So this one was taken at their place, we had quite a hard time to get her to lie still for those two seconds Lasse needs to get a decent pic!

Oh well she will soom be a year but she is by no means fully grown up! Nowegian Forest cats are not fully grown until they are about 3 years or even four!

Indra still need a lot more fur! Especially around her neck. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lady Syl
post Apr 23 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #104

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 23 2011, 09:06 AM) *

Nowegian Forest cats are not fully grown until they are about 3 years or even four!

Really? Wow, that's different. Beautiful cats, though. Do you know if it's possible to get a Norwegian Forest cat in the US? They are exquisite. What is their general disposition? Are they generally good with other animals and children, or are they more of a one-person kind of cat?

--------------------
Warning: I am totally insane. But I'll tell you a secret--all the best people are.

Memoirs of a Madwoman
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 23 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #105

Master
Group Icon

There are NFC breeders here in the States. You can follow this link.

My advice to you is to go to cat shows and look for them there. They are not as common as Maine Coon Cats, but are more so than Siberian Forest Cats (which my older girl is).

These three breeds are considered natural long-haired breeds - in other words, they were not created by humans like the Persian, the Turkish Angora, and many other long-haired cat breeds. For that reason, they tend to be quite healthy.

I can't really speak to the NFC purrsonality, but the Maine Coons and Siberians I've met tend to be reserved with strangers, but very affectionate with their families. My Zorie came to me as a retired breeding queen, so it took some time for her to warm up to me. She's fairly independent, but comes to me whenever she wants something. She is the most civilized cat I've ever had - shares the couch, doesn't hog the bed, etc. She does expect the same treatment from you, though, and if you cross over that invisible line, she'll nail you with tooth and claw (gently though, much like with her kittens). Not like my short-haired barn cat, who has to push you all the way into a tiny corner of what ever furniture you're using. That's his idea of sharing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Syl
post Apr 23 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #106

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 23 2011, 11:12 AM) *

There are NFC breeders here in the States. You can follow this link.

My advice to you is to go to cat shows and look for them there. They are not as common as Maine Coon Cats, but are more so than Siberian Forest Cats (which my older girl is).

These three breeds are considered natural long-haired breeds - in other words, they were not created by humans like the Persian, the Turkish Angora, and many other long-haired cat breeds. For that reason, they tend to be quite healthy.

I can't really speak to the NFC purrsonality, but the Maine Coons and Siberians I've met tend to be reserved with strangers, but very affectionate with their families. My Zorie came to me as a retired breeding queen, so it took some time for her to warm up to me. She's fairly independent, but comes to me whenever she wants something. She is the most civilized cat I've ever had - shares the couch, doesn't hog the bed, etc. She does expect the same treatment from you, though, and if you cross over that invisible line, she'll nail you with tooth and claw (gently though, much like with her kittens). Not like my short-haired barn cat, who has to push you all the way into a tiny corner of what ever furniture you're using. That's his idea of sharing!

Hey, thanks! Sounds like a typical loyal, loving but still independent kitty. smile.gif I want another cat, but I'm not sure what kind to get just yet. My Emmy seems to be getting lonely, and I think if she had another pal she might be happier again--especially since I'm so busy with my human children and I don't have as much time to play with her like I used to...

Zorie sounds a lot like my Emmy, btw. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Memoirs of a Madwoman
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #107

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 23 2011, 10:06 AM) *

The last pic of Indra is actually taken by her breeder, Lasse Cajander, he is one kind of a cat photographer! His gear are quite professional. He always takes photos at cat shows almost all over the country...

So this one was taken at their place, we had quite a hard time to get her to lie still for those two seconds Lasse needs to get a decent pic!

Oh well she will soom be a year but she is by no means fully grown up! Nowegian Forest cats are not fully grown until they are about 3 years or even four!

Indra still need a lot more fur! Especially around her neck. biggrin.gif

GAAAH !!! I just checked the pet photographers in this area, they run from 500 - 2000 per session !!! ARGH! Looks like it is back to me snapping pics of my pet's rump or giant eyeball again (or catch her rolling in the mud through a dusty screen).

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 29 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #108

Wise Woman
Group Icon

NFC..or Wegies (I think you call them in US as well?) are quite cool cats, friendly, calm, goes very well with other cats I think. Also just as Hautie says they tend to be healthy.

The breed origins from Norway and was officially a renown Breed in 1970 I think (in Sweden) It's almost the most popular breed here, fir good or for worse. You have to make sure about the breeder that they are good ones, of course..

I love Wegies very much and of course I will recommend you to get one! BUT also as the very wise Hautie said...go to a cat show, there you will meet different cats!

Oh and Siberian cats are gorgeous! Also ppl who are allergic to cats might be able to have a Sib....

Then there is Neva Masquerade of course!....The white Siberian.....mmmmm beautiful

All pictures taken by Lasse Cajander and Mattias Glimso at The NFC Cat show in Kalmar march 2011

Well I'm pretty cool, huh?
Did you hear what she said about my tail?
Hmmm..not so bad, I did well at my first show!
Ahh nothing beats a good stretch!
My silly brother, Ikaros, he actually likes that!
The coolest spectator! My great grandfather, S*Aristo Limaz terry Talebearer, Terry for short.

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 30 2011, 01:27 AM
Post #109

Ancient
Group Icon

My two Catahoulas :

Dixie and Jax:

IPB Image

Dixie:

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...nt=S6301754.jpg

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 30 2011, 01:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Syl
post Apr 30 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #110

Finder
Group Icon

Minque - Every time I see new pics of those cats, I fall more and more in love with that breed! Beautiful!

mALXicoon tongue.gif - Your Dixie and Jax are so adorable! They look like such good, sweet dogs! I miss having a dog around!

Finally found one of my favorite Emmy pics! It was lost on my laptop ( I really need to better organize my picture files! lol)

This post has been edited by Lady Syl: Apr 30 2011, 08:44 PM

--------------------

Memoirs of a Madwoman
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post May 1 2011, 01:15 AM
Post #111

Knower
Group Icon

@Lady Syl, awwww! How cute! She looks like a pretty snuggly kitty ♥

@mALX, wow those look like some pretty big dogs! Jax looks like the adult version of a puppy I had a long time ago

@minque, Indra looks very pretty! I love her fur, though I imagine when she sheds her winter coat is a little less lovable and more everywhere tongue.gif

Rosie. Onward ho!!!!

Melaina's first birthday was on the fourth smile.gif Wrothken let me buy two presents.

Present One A little mouse thing that squeaks when it gets hit. Sadly since she's never seen a mouse, I don't think it sets off her hunting instinct the way a bird does (but Wrothken though the bird version was too annoying. -blows a rasberry-)

Present two A little ball with a bell and some feathers. This has been stashed away with the other bell-ball toys she has.

What she would rather play with

And her other favorite "toy"

Standing up to Mr. Vacuum

Mommy, can I have some coffee too?

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 1 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #112

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Syl @ Apr 30 2011, 03:42 PM) *

Minque - Every time I see new pics of those cats, I fall more and more in love with that breed! Beautiful!

mALXicoon tongue.gif - Your Dixie and Jax are so adorable! They look like such good, sweet dogs! I miss having a dog around!

Finally found one of my favorite Emmy pics! It was lost on my laptop ( I really need to better organize my picture files! lol)

Emmy is a beautiful cat !!

My dogs are both Louisiana Catahoula Leopard dogs. (purebred) - they are working dogs for hunting and herding.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 1 2011, 04:53 AM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 29 2011, 05:06 PM) *

NFC..or Wegies (I think you call them in US as well?) are quite cool cats, friendly, calm, goes very well with other cats I think. Also just as Hautie says they tend to be healthy.

The breed origins from Norway and was officially a renown Breed in 1970 I think (in Sweden) It's almost the most popular breed here, fir good or for worse. You have to make sure about the breeder that they are good ones, of course..

I love Wegies very much and of course I will recommend you to get one! BUT also as the very wise Hautie said...go to a cat show, there you will meet different cats!

Oh and Siberian cats are gorgeous! Also ppl who are allergic to cats might be able to have a Sib....

Then there is Neva Masquerade of course!....The white Siberian.....mmmmm beautiful

All pictures taken by Lasse Cajander and Mattias Glimso at The NFC Cat show in Kalmar march 2011

Well I'm pretty cool, huh?
Did you hear what she said about my tail?
Hmmm..not so bad, I did well at my first show!
Ahh nothing beats a good stretch!
My silly brother, Ikaros, he actually likes that!
The coolest spectator! My great grandfather, S*Aristo Limaz terry Talebearer, Terry for short.

We had a cat that looked exactly like Terry !!! We kept meaning to get pics of her and never got around to it, I wish we had.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Syl
post May 1 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #114

Finder
Group Icon

mALX: Dixie and Jax are the same breed? Wow, they look so different from each other. They're cute, though. <3

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Apr 30 2011, 07:15 PM) *

@mALX, wow those look like some pretty big dogs! Jax looks like the adult version of a puppy I had a long time ago

@minque, Indra looks very pretty! I love her fur, though I imagine when she sheds her winter coat is a little less lovable and more everywhere tongue.gif

Rosie. Onward ho!!!!

Melaina's first birthday was on the fourth smile.gif Wrothken let me buy two presents.

Present One A little mouse thing that squeaks when it gets hit. Sadly since she's never seen a mouse, I don't think it sets off her hunting instinct the way a bird does (but Wrothken though the bird version was too annoying. -blows a rasberry-)

Present two A little ball with a bell and some feathers. This has been stashed away with the other bell-ball toys she has.

Thanks! Yes, she's pretty snuggly - but usually only when I'm in bed or writing on my laptop! tongue.gif

Your cats are beautiful. Your black cat looks just like my Bear, too. I miss little Bear. He was such a sweetie...

This post has been edited by Lady Syl: May 1 2011, 03:31 PM

--------------------

Memoirs of a Madwoman
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 18 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #115

Master
Group Icon

After looking at everyone else's photos of their beloved furpersons, I finally found and uploaded the two shots I've been wanting to post here. Enjoy.

Zorie is my Siberian cat. Like the Norwegian Forest Cat, she is a long-haired cat. Because of her solid black color, it's so hard to get a good picture that doesn't look like a black blob with eyes. I think this captures the Queen she used to be (female breeding cats are called queens).

Trinity is quite the character. If Zorie is my Queen, then he's the Knave. He came into the emergency clinic as my first case of 2005, after being hit by a car the night before. He had disappeared, and his farmer owner couldn't find him until the next morning. The gentleman was very limited on funds, knew that Trinity (unnamed at the time, six months old) had bad injuries, and requested euthanasia. Now I'm usually pretty good about resisting the urge to adopt every single homeless animal that comes into the clinic, but one look at him and I knew I just couldn't do it. His left hind leg was pretty bad, and I ended up amputating it. My original intention was to place him in my church as a church kitty (hence the name Trinity). But he had other ideas and adopted me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 18 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #116

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, the kitties are beautiful! How appropriate for a three legged church-going cat to be named Trinity! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 18 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #117

Mouth
Group Icon

Those are nice cats... Zorie looks like she has quite a temper to her, I can imagine she was a queen in more ways than one. It's a very good picture, I can see how she could look like a black ball with eyes...

Trinity looks friendly. It's odd how cats adopt people as much as the other way.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 18 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #118

Master
Group Icon

Actually, Olen, it's more the other way around! wink.gif

Zorie is the most civilized cat I've ever had. She shares beds and chairs and couches with regal politeness. She loves meeting people, especially children, and adores being petted by them. I've brought her to work with me a couple of times (when she needed a chiropractic adjustment and I would have a colleague perform one on her), and she would cruise laps in the employee lounge. She's used to strangers, since she was a show kitty when she was quite young.

Trinity on the other hand is sweet only to my mom and I. Everyone else gets a big spitty hiss from him. He likes to claim 'dibs' on my sisters' and friends' purses when they come to visit, then prevent them from reclaiming their property. "It's mine now!" He doesn't like it when people come to our house, and gets all upset when they have fun in his space. He is also impossible to handle when at the clinic. I usually take him out of the carrier and place him straight into the 'Wild Child.' It's a plexiglass box that can be sealed off, and we can pipe oxygen and anesthetic gas into it. I just gas him down before I let anyone else handle him. Yup, that's how bad he is. I'm very good at handling difficult cats, but with this one I just go the gas route. It's easier on everybody, and I don't have to worry about someone else getting bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 29 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #119

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Apr 30 2011, 08:15 PM) *

Rosie. Onward ho!!!!

ROFL !!! These pics are great, Jacki !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 4 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #120

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok friends, it's time for another contribution, newest pics of my Princess! These pica are taken at the International Cat Show in Kalmar the 8th of May.

All photos by the courtesy of Lasse Cajander!

Well, what now?
IPB Image

Hi there!
IPB Image

Imprisoned!
IPB Image

Out of my cage!
IPB Image

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

43 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 03:44 AM