71 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aravi in Skyrim, her video story
Grits
post Apr 27 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #481

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that place was packed with Forsworn, and then holy crow there’s a Hagraven. What a hectic fight, especially with summoned atronachs all over the place! That was fun to watch.

Wasn’t Delphine sweet, offering to help Aravi draw some blood for the seal. kvleft.gif How about we try a little of yours first, Delphine?

Aravi is still apprehensive, I see. Finding Sky Haven Temple is so neat, and then having it open for the Dragonborn is a big moment. Esbern seems really excited, and Delphine expects something bad to happen at any moment. All four characters really came through in this video, that’s great!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 28 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #482

Paladin
Group Icon

What a neat battle outside the dungeon. I agree with SubRosa that it was really clever of Aravi to use that rock for cover against that mage’s spells.

Oh sure! AFTER the A&K dynamic duo of feline ferocity clear the area, THEN Delphine and Eggbert Esbern show up and start offering ‘advice’. tongue.gif

Yikes, is that now into a dragon’s den?

This post has been edited by Acadian: Apr 28 2012, 12:03 AM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 30 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #483

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I was kind of wondering if that NPC mage was ever going to run out of magicka. The forsworn dual wield pretty regularly, especially their special units. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: The first time I went through that camp I was able to bait the dragon to fight the camp! That was a really fun fight with Kharjo though. I’d like a conjuration character now, those atronachs are so cool! I liked Delphine when you first meet her, but she’s getting less and less likable. Thanks Grits!

@Acadian: Aravi needed the cove that rock provided, the mage was doing quite a bit of damage! I saw Esbern’s atronach kill one forsword with help from Aravi’s storm atronach. They usually appear at the beginning of the fight this was kind of unusual. Thanks Acadian!

#########################

Bad upload.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Apr 30 2012, 08:48 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 30 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #484

Ancient
Group Icon

It always kills me when these Thalmer attack Aravi and then holler for mercy when she fights back, lol.

Esbern is a bit...confused? Lol. I saw one of those that attacked was Thalmer, but who were the others? Who are all those attacking as they leave? Urk! Great vid !!

Awesome screenshots !!!

Ooh, Aravi got a one-hit kill on that bandit! Nice fort with lots of great loot! Esbern better be essential, lol.

OMG, Aravi slit that one bandit's throat like an assassin! GAAAH! She did it again!

That was a long vid! Makes me want to go tackle that fort, lol.

Loved the music this vid started out with, reminded me of the movie "Cat People" (David Bowie score)

GAAAH! Aravi didn't take the map or read the books! I liked this vid, a lot of dialogue, but it gave us an idea of what was happening.

Loved the music in Helgen! It must have felt odd seeing that head-chopping place that would have been her last sight in Skyrim if that dragon hadn't saved her!

Loved the last part of this vid, a bit eerie with that wolf howling so wierdly and then the guard saying he knew you - what was all that about?

My fave screen was the cave - gorgeous!

BARBAS !!!! WOOOOOT !!!

That was one tough dragon! I wonder who Tolvar is?

Two is my fave of these screens, just gorgeous!

This was the most exciting vid of all, finding all those secret chambers and the cut scenes! Loved it!

Something is wrong with this next vid, it is all digitalized or something. Having trouble seeing it. Is it just my PC?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 1 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #485

Master
Group Icon

Glad you enjoyed the videos mALX! Thanks for watching them!

###########################

Aravi enters Skyhaven Temple...

TIME: 8:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 1 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #486

Ancient
Group Icon

So they need to get the help of the Greybeards. Is that before or after they demand you kill the Greybeard's boss I wonder? Looks like before.

"If anyone sneaks up on us I will smell them coming. Or I will not. We will see."
Kharjo had me laughing at this. smile.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 1 2012, 06:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 1 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #487

Councilor
Group Icon

That was neat how Aravi tagged Esbern with mage light. I didn’t know you could do that.

Finding Alduin’s Wall is one of my favorite parts of the game. When Esbern said the wheel turns upon the last Dragonborn, that seemed to get Aravi’s attention!

Oh, there’s the wall of katanas that I failed to notice twice. embarrased.gif A new blade for Aravi, and an awesome new look for Kharjo! Switching armor in the dark was perfect, I squeaked when the light came back and he was standing there in the Blades armor! Tremendous!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 2 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #488

Paladin
Group Icon

I like how Esbern prattles on beating around the bush while Delphine cuts right to the point. All that talk about the Dragonborn, then the camera pans right in on Aravi – how appropriate. tongue.gif Another trip up to see the Graybeards again it seems for some more talking about shouting. I really like Aravi’s little light spells – like a friendly little will-o-the-wisp showing the way! Oh, and Kharjo's line that SubRosa quoted was neat as can be!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 2 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #489

Evoker

Just getting started with these. I will watch them all but this latest video happened to catch my eye!

I too loved how you managed to cast the magelight spell on Esbern, what a neat little spell!

I LOVE Kharjo! It's strange how connected he and Aravi seem, and the way he looks at her wink.gif Hehe, I tease.

It shouldn't take me too long to get up to date, but I am very excited to see what's in store! Love it!!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #490

Ancient
Group Icon

Like everyone else, my favorite part was when Esbern made that dramatic statement about the Dragonborn, and the camera panned over to Aravi - Loved that scene!

I liked the curved stairs leading up to that wall, but wondered if it will always be that dark after they move their headquarters in (?) or do you use a realism darkness mod like you did in Oblivion?

Delphine is a bit of a control freak, I pictured her walking into one of the player homes and deciding she'll use it as a base and rearanging your furnitue to suit her or something.

I agree with SR on this, the next quest said "Throat of the World" - meaning Bossy the Cow Delphine is probably about to start demanding Aravi kill on command like an unpaid hit man. What's the deal with the Blades in Skyrim? Esbern hiding in fear, Delphine...'nuff said.

In my game when I do the main quest...she's going down unless she's essential. A little bump off the Throat of the World might just do the trick.

Awesome Vid, I'm so glad you took the time to re-upload it !!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 5 2012, 05:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 5 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #491

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: It’s definitely before. You’ll see it when it happens. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: Tagging people with Mage Light is my favorite thing to do with it. The first time I played, I completely missed that whole room! Glad you liked Kharjo’s armor change. biggrin.gif Thanks Grits!

@Acadian: Esbern’s clearly the academic of the bunch. tongue.gif I think you’ll like this next trip to see the Greybeards. First Aravi sees what that dog wanted however. The light spells are really neat, your description is perfect. Thanks Acadian!

@Andrea: Welcome! Remember, if you’d like me to summarize the previous events, just let me know. You might be right with Kharjo, those two are close friends. It wouldn’t surprise me if it developed into more. Thanks Andrea!

@mALX: I wanted to show more of Aravi, and when Esbern started talking about the dragon born, it was a perfect opportunity. The place gets lit up a bit after Esbern and Delphine have been there for a while. Delphine was definitely getting on Aravi’s nerves. Thanks mALX!

######################

Aravi finds that Clavicus Vile’s shrine lies deep within a cave.

TIME: 8:46

When she reaches the shrine, she finds Barbas already there.

TIME: 6:28

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 6 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #492

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh noes! Not vampires again. Poor Kitty's shaking her head again. sad.gif

Aravi’s getting awfully good at those deadly sword sneak attacks. Finally she catches up with Barbas – only to get another fetch task. I’m debating which of Clavie or Barbie have the worse voice? laugh.gif

What is it with these Daedra Lords? Now Meridia thinks Aravi’s her errand girl as well. At least she sounds like a Daedra Lord. Wants her to save Meridia’s Bacon eh? I’m glad our kitty said no (I think she said no to Meridia). I think she should just give the Bacon to Barbas. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2012, 04:18 AM
Post #493

Ancient
Group Icon

I was freaked out when I saw it was vampires Aravi was fighting here - was not expecting that! Ew, Aravi decapitated one vampire and its head rolled down the hill, urk. Very scary vid, these vampires make odd voices when they die - very frightening, GAAAAH! Then the voice watching Aravi's progresss - I'm not sure if I'll sleep well tonight from this vid !!! GAAAAH !!!

The first vid had a manly voice following Aravi's progress - I thought it was Clavicus Vile's voice! Then you get into Clavicus Viles shrine and his voice is all high-pitched and cockney accented !!! GAAAAH! That I never pictured, lol.

This is some freaky quest !!! Urk, I am so glad you are showing it, if I got caught up in this and didn't know what was coming it would freak me out!

AWESOME VIDS !!!! Totally messed up my sleep for days at least, ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 6 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #494

Councilor
Group Icon

Was that a group of Stormcloaks who acted threatening on the road? I love their cloaks!

Ugh, vampires. kvleft.gif Very nice sneak attack! Dual katanas, yay!! biggrin.gif And a decapitation with vampire blood everywhere! Poor Aravi. Aravi’s sneak attacking was fun to watch, and then Kharjo jumped in with his shield against the orc thrall and showed why he’s awesome!

Ugh, and a spider in the shrine. These daedra lords have the nicest places. It must have been a little unnerving to enter a chamber that a vampire just fled crying for mercy. blink.gif

Oh no, Meridia’s Beacon! That was a nice WTF look around from Aravi. Three voices in her head in one day, argh!! These videos had a great sense of uncertainty. I can’t see Aravi seeking out a daedric prince on her own, but now two of them have chosen her for their craziness! The unexpected consequence of being recognized as Dovahkiin? No wonder she was reluctant when folks started calling her that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #495

Ancient
Group Icon

Like Grits, I am wondering if those were Stormcloaks on the road at the beginning. None of my characters have ever had a Stormcloak draw a weapon on them before. Has Aravi joined the Imperial Legion? Or is she wearing any legion gear perhaps?

Oh noes! Not vampires again. I am shaking my head along with Aravi. This cannot be good.

Whoa, Aravi slit that Vamp Fledgling's throat like spring chicken's!

Very clever how Aravi sneaked up close to that Vampire mage, by letting Kharjo distract them. Decapitation!

Aravi's sneak must be pretty high by now. No one ever notices her.

Sounds like Barbas is doing a number on the vampires up ahead of Aravi, where the statue is. Yep, there he is.

Meridia's Beacon is in Haemar's Shame? I had no idea. I've been there nearly half-a dozen times, and never found it. My guess is you have to be high enough level for it to be there, since I know Meridia's quest has a minimum level. Oh, I just looked it up. It is a random spawn in boss chests.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 6 2012, 08:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 8 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #496

Evoker

Yeaaah! These episodes are super cool!

I felt myself go tense at the beggining with the stormcloak(?) guys readying to attack Aravi! But I'm glad to see Aravi simply warned them rather than attacked them tongue.gif

What a creepy cave! Aravi is so super skilled with her sneakiness It's ever so exciting to watch! your heart pounds, you're face draws to the screen wondering whether her sneak will be successful then BAM! Assasination goodness! biggrin.gif

I agree with SubRosa, using Kharjo to distract the Vampire was GENIUS!

I don't like Barbas. Yes he might be helpful and able to take care of himself when it comes to a bunch of vamps, but he annoys me. He's too cocky. tongue.gif

Great watch !
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 10 2012, 04:58 AM
Post #497

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian: Yep, Vampires again. sad.gif I loved how she took advantage of catching her prey unaware and finished them quickly.

Clavie… Horrible voice. Definitely. Barbas’ at least fits the scruffy dog.

It wasn’t a no to Meridia… just too much Daedra in such a short time. wacko.gif Thanks Acadian!

@mALX: Sorry! laugh.gif Aravi wasn’t expecting vampires either. Those weird voices you heard were undead I think. The vampires were raising zombies. Aravi always goes for the ones that have summons so she doesn’t have to fight the summon. There wasn’t anybody following Aravi’s progress. Hope it didn’t totally mess with your sleep! Thanks mALX!

@Grits: Those were indeed Stormcloaks. I like the cloaks too. Aravi wears one too on occasion.

Dual kantanas! biggrin.gif Kharjo is perfect for Aravi! Has decent sneak, and also tough enough to take the brunt of the attack and let Aravi get where she needs to be to deliver her deadly strike. You are absolutely right about Aravi not seeking the Daedra out. Maybe it is part of being the Dragonborn. Thanks Grits!

@SubRosa: Yep, they were Stormcloaks. Aravi hasn’t joined any sides. I’m not sure why they draw weapons on her. I don’t think the Legion patrols draw on her, but I’ll have to confirm that when I see them again. Anyways, Aravi has no desire to fight a civil war.

It’s kind of too bad Aravi found Kharjo right away, I didn’t have a chance to really try anyone else. Kharjo is just perfect for what she needs and she won’t be dismissing him anytime soon. Aravi’s sneak is alright, but she casts Muffle a lot in dungeons to further quiet herself.

I was annoyed that Meridia’s beacon was in that chest. I’m much happier knowing that was chance. Thanks SubRosa!

@Andrea: Thank you so much!

Yes they were Stormcloaks. Another one of my characters would have attacked those Stormcloaks for drawing steel, but Aravi’s much more cautious. If she doesn’t have to fight, she won’t. She generally won’t fight unless there is a purpose or to defend herself or others.

Aravi’s been getting a lot better at sneaking around. biggrin.gif Kharjo has his role to fill. He’s fairly sneaky himself, but his main role is just what you saw, take the attention while Aravi gets in close. Thank you Andrea!

#####################

Aravi makes the climb to High Hrothgar again after a brief stop in Riverwood.

TIME: 9:42

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 10 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #498

Ancient
Group Icon

Holy Cow! OMG, and it wasn't a nightmare because she never laid down on the bed and went to sleep! Urk !!!

I liked the Greybeard's warning of Delphine, I'd have to choose to believe them over her, lol. So far they have given results and all Delphine gave was grief and a question only the Greybeards could answer, lol.

This vid was AWESOME !!!!!! GAAAAAAAH!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 10 2012, 02:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 10 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #499

Ancient
Group Icon

Aravi is attacking guards and then sneaking into Sven's house? WTF!?! I can only hope this is a nightmare, not reality. Aravi's a vampire! Let's hope that was just a nightmare spawned by the proximity of Barbas.

Methinks Arngier knows the Blades rather well. So now Aravi is off to meet Parthanux? This ought to be interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 11 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #500

Paladin
Group Icon

So is that a dream where Aravi was a vampire? Argh! The whole reason she came to Skyrim was to get away from that! Those dual blades of hers are pretty frightening when turned to foul purpose. ohmy.gif

So now it is off to meet the boss of the Graybeards, no doubt for a shouting match of some sort. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

71 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:08 AM