Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hanging (xbox 360 version), frustrating
wavey
post May 22 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Associate

There is a quest for a Deadra prince (calcilus vile (I thinks that's his name), the one with the dog) anyway, he asks me to go and find a sword, which I do, and when I give it him back he gives me a mask and after about 10 seconds later the game hangs. Anyone else have this problem ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 22 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

At work now, but I think I've read something about bugs in this quest. If I remember correctly you should avoid the bug by getting that sword before you go to the shrine. Not 100% sure though.

Anyway that was what I did, although I didn't know it was part of a quest at the time, and didn't know about bugs. There were alos no dogs involved. I simply approached the shrine, talked to it and the quest was triggered and finished within seconds.

Btw. the sword is better than the mask, imho, but if you don't complete the quest you'll be unable to do a very interesting quest later...

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
mritchey
post May 22 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Retainer

I have tried the quest several different ways but not by starting it while already having the sword. I will try that, thanks.
+Quote Post
wavey
post May 22 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Associate

Cheers Olav, I'll give that a whirl, hope my save's go back that far mmm......
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 22 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

No problem. Hope it works.

QUOTE(Olav @ May 22 2006, 11:53 AM)
Btw. the sword is better than the mask, imho, but if you don't complete the quest you'll be unable to do a very interesting quest later...

Regarding this, I think you can still complete the quest by telling that Daedra prince that you don't want to give him the sword, so if you decide to keep it you're still ok... smile.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
bloodyfish
post May 22 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Im keeping the mask. I have a better sword and the soul trap I put on another sowrd.
+Quote Post
Cadaver
post May 23 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #7

Evoker

The "dog" is a referance to a statue that appears in your bag, and talks to you. Its the dog next to clavicus, his hound, and he gives you advice. He tells you Umbra is pretty tough and you should just forget it.... no big deal really....

Cadaver

--------------------

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.... (Maynard James Keenan - Judith)
+Quote Post
Siirian
post May 24 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #8

Retainer

QUOTE(wavey @ May 22 2006, 05:03 AM)
There is a quest for a Deadra prince (calcilus vile (I thinks that's his name), the one with the dog) anyway, he asks me to go and find a sword, which I do, and when I give it him back he gives me a mask and after about 10 seconds later the game hangs. Anyone else have this problem ?

It bugged me frozen. What you have to do is fast-travel far away (like to bruma) as soon as you get the sword (you get to keep the sword but lose the heavy armor mask) and you complete the quest ><

--------------------
1)So dark the con of man.

-The DaVinci Code

2)In order to gain, something of equal value must be lost.

-First Rule of alchemy

1) what about elves?
2) You talkin `bout how americans sit on their fat butts typing and making 50k a year? Real equal.
+Quote Post
Million
post May 26 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #9

Retainer

I had the same problem but I relized that the sword was incredibly awesome so I still have it and its the best sword I found

--------------------
Name: Maximus
Race: Nord
Sign: Shadow
Master in: Blade, Bow
Factions: Champion of Cyrodiil, Listener, Grand Champion,Head of Theives guild,
Played Hours: 103
Level: 34
+Quote Post
Cadaver
post May 30 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #10

Evoker

There is one sword that is "better" and its from another daedric quest...

--------------------

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.... (Maynard James Keenan - Judith)
+Quote Post
Chalur
post May 31 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Retainer

Hm..I have heard about that glitch before, never happened to me though. Yet again I told Clavicus to keep his silly mask because umbra sticks with me. You can still complete the quest by just saying no, he'll threaten you but It's no big. If the glitch happens again, try going to the farthest place in the map from there. Oh and Cadaver, which sword is that, because the only two swords from the Deadric prince that I have are the Umbra sword and the Ebony blade.

--------------------
What's more humiliating, He who lives by the butter knife, or he who dies by the butterknife? (Making fun of Martin for killing Deadra with a glass dagger)
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 31 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chalur @ May 31 2006, 12:34 PM)
Oh and Cadaver, which sword is that, because the only two swords from the Deadric prince that I have are the Umbra sword and the Ebony blade.

I'm not Cadaver, but this one. Very nice sword indeed... smile.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Cadaver
post Jun 6 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #13

Evoker

he he, thanks Olav... I cant open the link, these Military computers are very sensitive what sites are allowed and such... so I will assume you linked Goldbrand...

Its Goldbrand... another daedric quest sword...

Cadaver

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 12:05 PM