81 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Acadian
post Aug 5 2020, 07:02 PM
Post #1361

Paladin
Group Icon

Decrepit, sounds like some creative and healthy 'culinaries' you've got going there. Tell me more about salading with baby limas - are they canned, fresh, frozen/thawed?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 8 2020, 01:59 AM
Post #1362

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 5 2020, 01:02 PM) *

Decrepit, sounds like some creative and healthy 'culinaries' you've got going there. Tell me more about salading with baby limas - are they canned, fresh, frozen/thawed?

Hmmm...

I eat salads for supper most days of the year. Since going on full retirement, I eat salad suppers every day except those days I don't/can't eat a full supper for whatever reason. Composition of said salad has changed over time. At the moment it consists of:

Four or so NatureSweet Constellation tomatoes, slided. These are small, varied-colore tomatoes, each color having a unique flavor. Not as good as Wild Wonders, which they resemble and replace, but not bad by any means. Easily preferable to slicing tomatoes.

A smallish number of red onion slices.

A smallish number of red bell pepper slices. Rather bland, a minuscule bit more flavorful that green bells imo.

A decent amount of carrot slices.

Some finely chopped Jalapeño.

Iceberg Lettuce.

A decent amount of Baby Limas. My newest addition.

Tuna.

A liberal amount of Black Pepper.

A less liberal amount of Mrs Dash Salt Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning.

Dressing, Thousand Island at present.

(One hard-boiled egg sprinkled with Paprika on the side.)

(Half a Fuji apple for dessert).

This concoction can be a bit of the bland side, The Jalapeño help correct that. Small as I chop 'em, they are never overpowering, but add a nice warm pepper flavor. Lima's help too, adding a distinct robust flavor that complements the other ingredients. For now I'm using thawed/frozen Limas. A bag normally lasts me most of a week or more, and being frozen there's no worry over spoilage.

I've wanted to expand beyond Thousand Islands for years. But the very few other dressings I like either disappear from store shelves or prove to be migraine triggers.

Not the most flavorful of salads, but it's fairly healthy (minus the dressing) and fits within my limited budget.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 8 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #1363

Paladin
Group Icon

I've been following your evolving salad for years, lol. I was asking specifically about the baby limas: are they fresh? frozen? canned? I generally see them either canned or frozen.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 8 2020, 12:09 PM
Post #1364

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 8 2020, 05:45 AM) *

I've been following your evolving salad for years, lol. I was asking specifically about the baby limas: are they fresh? frozen? canned? I generally see them either canned or frozen.

I've got a salad-supper groupie? biggrin.gif As mentioned, for now I rely on thawed/frozen Limas. At some point I'll likely research which form is best for my situation; based on cost, storage longevity, and preparation convenience.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 17 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #1365

Ancient
Group Icon

Dirty rice!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 25 2020, 02:19 PM
Post #1366

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 16 2020, 06:31 PM) *

Dirty rice!

MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 25 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #1367

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 25 2020, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 16 2020, 06:31 PM) *

Dirty rice!

MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

I've got you all beat. Everything I prepare is 'dirty', as anyone who has seen my kitchen will attest.

On a sad note, this Monday I happened to arrive at Walmart's deli-area kiosk as freshly made sammiches were being added. I gabbed the worker while waiting for him to finish. He told me store-made sammiches are being discontinued. They'll instead carry sammiches assembled elsewhere and shipped in. He pointed out several sammich varieties in the kiosk that are already being shipped in. If they taste anything like they look, I want nothing to do with them. Too bad. Those kiosk sammiches have been my sole source of 'splurge meals' since the onset of the pandemic. Monday's sammich, having gotten it absolutely fresh, was quite yummy. Best I've had in some time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Sep 9 2020, 04:06 AM
Post #1368

Agent

Imperial Mulled Wine

I just finished making a small batch of this out of some Oak Leaf white wine I bought a while back. Gonna have some shreaded pork 'n rice with it.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2020, 05:25 AM
Post #1369

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 8 2020, 10:06 PM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

I just finished making a small batch of this out of some Oak Leaf white wine I bought a while back. Gonna have some shreaded pork 'n rice with it.

Ooo did you put it in that neat decanter?!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Arcry
post Sep 9 2020, 06:00 AM
Post #1370

Agent

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 8 2020, 11:25 PM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

Yep! Everytime I make one of these I have a Decanter ready to store it it cause. I mean. Why not? I've got two others:

Water of Life

Skooma

Skooma and the Water of Life are both Vodka with infusions. Skooma is a _load_ of sugar (I used pure cane sugar), some cardamom, a lil vanilla extract, and diced apricots. Where as the Waters of Life is an infusion of a lot of earthy ingredients. Its got toasted fennel seeds and caraway seeds. Along with Dill and dried Juniper berries. Its hard but tasty, smells like a pine wood forest.

This post has been edited by Arcry: Sep 9 2020, 06:04 AM
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2020, 06:03 AM
Post #1371

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 9 2020, 12:00 AM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

Yep! Everytime I make one of these I have a Decanter ready to store it it cause. I mean. Why not? I've got two others:

Water of Life

Skooma

Those are cool! Are they something you’ve had for a while or did you go find them specifically for your creations?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Arcry
post Sep 9 2020, 06:07 AM
Post #1372

Agent

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 9 2020, 12:03 AM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

Water of Life

Skooma

Those are cool! Are they something you’ve had for a while or did you go find them specifically for your creations?

Specifically for the creations. I'm still trying to think what I'm going to do for the meads when I start 'em. Thought baout just using a couple of the Dansk bottles I have. But that'll only work for a couple.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 9 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #1373

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 9 2020, 01:00 AM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

Water of Life

Skooma

Skooma and the Water of Life are both Vodka with infusions. Skooma is a _load_ of sugar (I used pure cane sugar), some cardamom, a lil vanilla extract, and diced apricots. Where as the Waters of Life is an infusion of a lot of earthy ingredients. Its got toasted fennel seeds and caraway seeds. Along with Dill and dried Juniper berries. Its hard but tasty, smells like a pine wood forest.

These are Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2020, 03:55 PM
Post #1374

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 9 2020, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 9 2020, 12:03 AM) *

Imperial Mulled Wine

Water of Life

Skooma

Specifically for the creations. I'm still trying to think what I'm going to do for the meads when I start 'em. Thought baout just using a couple of the Dansk bottles I have. But that'll only work for a couple.

When I bottled my failed mead, I put them in regular ol’ 750ml bottles with cork stoppers. Both bottles and corks thoroughly sanitized, of course.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 22 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #1375

Master
Group Icon

No Wowbutter at the store today. Not even a space/tag for it. This bodes ill. Wowbutter has been a staple of my diet for some years now. I eat Wowbutter sammiches for lunch several days a week. My current jar might last the rest of this week. Not sure what I'll replace it with. Soup selection has been poor since the pandemic set in. I can't afford anything fancy.

Also, no jalapeños this week. Temporary in this case, thank goodness. I 'should' have enough to last the week if I'm careful. <crosses fingers>

I'm growing tired of Fuji's. That something I never thought I'd say. Then again, I never thought Fuji's would become so consistently blasé. They rarely rate middle-tier these days, and are more often than not sub-par. Were they as good as of old, I'd have no complaints. Those extremely rare times I get my hands on a top-tier Fuji its every bit as yummy as ever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 22 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #1376

Master
Group Icon

Only thing I had this morning was coffee. I'm fighting the urge to make chicken nuggets till this afternoon.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 29 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #1377

Master
Group Icon

Reprieved!

Miffed about Wowbutter's seeming permanent disappearance from Walmart shelves, this Monday, prior to departing for my weekly grocery run, I checked for it at Kroger online. It was listed. For over a dollar more than Walmart's price. Plus, it was out of stock. Checking a few more Kroger prices convinced me to stick with WallyWorld. I checked there online too. Surprisingly, Wowbutter remains listed. No amount on-hand was stated. Nor was it designated as either in or out of stock. Cut to the chase, I found jars of it at Walmart. Crisis avoided, for the short-term in least.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 30 2020, 03:24 PM
Post #1378

Master
Group Icon

I'm eating some mini potatoes and drinking a glass of water. I have to be careful drinking sodas, oh I can drink a glass or two but no more then that cause for some reason I can't handle them as much as I use too kvleft.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 27 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #1379

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm having a slice of pumpkin pie and cup of coffee. I smile as I imagine friend Grits enjoying the same morning-after-Thanksgiving fare. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 27 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #1380

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I ate a lussekatt today! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:18 PM