22 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
Lady Saga
post Jan 14 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

I had a sorta cool dream last night, but ya know how some dreams aren't so cool when you're actually in them? It had nothing to do with videogames, but I'll add it here

It was like the beginning of Walking Dead. I live in Maryland, and the "outbreak" had already happened far to the south. In the dream, we all sorta already knew about the outbreak, and that there might be some zombies eventually making their way hundreds of miles northwards.

That isn't the weird part. The weird part is all the locks on every door in the world had suddenly dissolved. There were no more door locks. In the dream nobody knew what to do about this...we were all just kinda waiting around. Not just for zombies, but for looters as well. We'd stay up all night looking out the windows, trying to anticipate when an enemy might show up.

Nothing happened really, but it was a frightning dream all the same.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 14 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

According to my dream book, you anticipate a change of pace but feel unsure about your ability to handle it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 15 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

ha! That must be truth, then, that is exactly how I feel about my life, my job especially. Thanks Liz. Can I call you Liz? I have a real-life friend named Liz. You'll be 'online Liz' if you don't mind.

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 15 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

Sure thing :]

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 06:12 AM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

I had the same nightmare about sotha sil and Vivec I had the other night last night.

It's a sign verysad.gif

If you didn't see the post here:

Last night I had a dream that Vivec and Sotha Sil killed me and gave my body to Dagoth-Ur to experiment on

I'm a bit afraid unsure.gif

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 15 2013, 06:12 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 15 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

That is weird, King. Some people have lots of recurring dreams, I personally have had only a handful in my life. I wish I could have some good dreams recur, but of course it's usually the nightmares-only which come back.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 15 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 15 2013, 05:12 AM) *
I had the same nightmare about sotha sil and Vivec I had the other night last night.

It's a sign IPB Image

If you didn't see the post here:

Last night I had a dream that Vivec and Sotha Sil killed me and gave my body to Dagoth-Ur to experiment on

I'm a bit afraid IPB Image

This is going to sound like some wierd, wierd advice to give for a recurring nightmare like that, but something that may work is this:
  • Open your inventory.
  • Equip Sunder, Keening and Wraithguard.
  • Show those guys who's boss.
Yes, as I said, it sounds strange (very strange, in fact), but you're someone who plays video games regularly, yes? What that basically means is that your subconscious is trained, by gaming, to take control of dreams, especially when you dream about threatening situations. I'm not joking; I've been able to do it for years, and I've even got some science to back me up. Science, man! Friggin' science! tongue.gif

Seriously though, your give you training to control your subconscious when you dream, and to reverse threat situations in your favour. You've got the skills to be a badass right there in that brain of yours. Use them, fight back. It's easier than you think, and actually makes nightmares hella fun.

On an related note, I took the whole video gaming/dreaming link to an insane logical conclusion by finding myself pressing F3 to activate my x-ray vision whilst in the middle of a dream (I've been playing a lot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution lately, and the hotkey to activate the main character's x-ray vision ability is F3). The wierd thing was, I was viewing the dream in first person as the central 'protagonist' of it, and while I was viewing the game in first person I was trying to press F3 on the keyboard, which was also my left eyebrow. To reiterate, my left eyebrow was both my left eyebrow and the F3 button on a keyboard at the same time. It was a Shroedinger's Hotkey.

Bloody wierd...
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 15 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

That's interesting, Colonel...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 15 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 15 2013, 04:18 PM) *
That's interesting, Colonel...

What, the lucid dreaming or Shroedinger's Hotkey? Because Shroedinger's Hotkey has a much more interesting title by far. And has quantum. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 15 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

I didn't know about the gamer's advantage in dreaming. But the hotkey thing is hilarious! I'm not much for lucid dreaming, but I'll have to try this one time, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 15 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 15 2013, 04:32 PM) *
I didn't know about the gamer's advantage in dreaming. But the hotkey thing is hilarious! I'm not much for lucid dreaming, but I'll have to try this one time, lol

I'm not really sure I'd call it lucid dreaming, as such; I've never actually had much control over what happens in the dream, but unlike most dreams where you generally seem to be a passive observer (especially the case in nightmares) I'm able to control what I do, but aside from influencing events I don't have any real power over the rest of the dream. In essence, it becomes something like an ultra immersive virtual reality-style videogame within your own head, where you, as yourself, are the hero of it all.

Though I'll admit that last night's dream was the first one I've ever had where I've an ability hotkeyed to a hotkey and a body part. That was wierd.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 15 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

That's awesome, Mustard. If that ever happens to me, I will try to go in-game to figure out how to solve my issue.

I went thru a period in my late 20s to late 30s where I'd have lots of lucid dreams. I could spend all day writing them up here. I enjoyed them a lot...walking thru walls on purpose, breaking things (in real-life I am always so careful, it's cool to realize that in a dream I could just break or smash something), flying, etc.

+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Jan 27 2013, 01:42 AM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

This is nothing to do with video games, but it could do with repeating...
...I once had a dream where I was in a massive forest, and ultimately I came upon a wooden shack. In the shack were huge drosophila - (fruit flies) - at the back of the shack was a room where there were 2 people, composed entirely of chocolate, one of whom was shaving the surface off of the other with a cheese-grater.
Then I woke up.

This post has been edited by PhonAntiPhon: Jan 27 2013, 01:42 AM

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 27 2013, 05:30 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Jan 26 2013, 06:42 PM) *

This is nothing to do with video games, but it could do with repeating...
...I once had a dream where I was in a massive forest, and ultimately I came upon a wooden shack. In the shack were huge drosophila - (fruit flies) - at the back of the shack was a room where there were 2 people, composed entirely of chocolate, one of whom was shaving the surface off of the other with a cheese-grater.
Then I woke up.

According to my dream book, you're insane. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jan 27 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 15 2013, 08:47 AM) *

I'm not really sure I'd call it lucid dreaming, as such; I've never actually had much control over what happens in the dream, but unlike most dreams where you generally seem to be a passive observer (especially the case in nightmares) I'm able to control what I do, but aside from influencing events I don't have any real power over the rest of the dream. In essence, it becomes something like an ultra immersive virtual reality-style videogame within your own head, where you, as yourself, are the hero of it all.

I've never been able to do that within the initial dream, but I have had experiences in which I wake up, realize that it was a dream, then roll over and go right back in to kick the monster's @ss!

Though I'll admit that last night's dream was the first one I've ever had where I've an ability hotkeyed to a hotkey and a body part. That was wierd.

blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 27 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Ive had a few episodes of sleep paralysis, but never lucid dreaming. The closest I came was once I in a nightmare I thought, Oh, this is a dream. You could just wake up. And I immediately did.

The other night I dreamt I was out in an area that looks like west of the IC creating a spell. I was using my alchemy apparatus to do it, and there was no character in the dream, only me. It was a frost spell with a 5 foot area of effect and 3 second duration. I couldnt decide between 7 and 10 points of damage. I was pretty sick that night, sleeping in a chair while playing Oblivion. I would pause the game to sleep for a few minutes until coughing woke me up again. Otherwise I doubt I would have remembered the details.

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Jan 27 2013, 04:37 AM) *

I've never been able to do that within the initial dream, but I have had experiences in which I wake up, realize that it was a dream, then roll over and go right back in to kick the monster's @ss!

Ive had dreams that made me cry when I woke up and realized they werent real. I would love to be able to do that!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 27 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 15 2013, 11:47 AM) *

The night after I first watched the Zack Snyder version of Dawn of the Dead I had a nightmare that I was in bed, and a zombie was standing in my doorway. So I got up and called upon the power of my goddess Hekate. I reached out into the darkness and pulled it around me, creating a rather nifty lace and satin-like gown. I let the zombie rush at me, and when it tried to rip my throat out, I turned my flesh into stone. I held it, and tried to soothe the poor, crazed girl (it was a female zombie). I told her that she was trapped in a terrible place between life and death. I reassured her that I would put things to right, and send her to where she needed to be, so that she could find the peace and rest she needed before beginning her next life. Then I took her from this world to the next.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 28 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a dream that i was draginborn and i fought Alduin World-Eater biggrin.gif

It was epic.

I went to Sovngarde, and helped the three heroes defeat Alduin. Tsun sounded epic in my dream!

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 8 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #39

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sadly I have ever only had dreams that were based on horror games such as Doom. Would love me some Oblivion dreams wandering the Great Forest instead. Sigh...

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 8 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 8 2013, 12:43 PM) *

Sadly I have ever only had dreams that were based on horror games such as Doom. Would love me some Oblivion dreams wandering the Great Forest instead. Sigh...

You've NEVER had an Oblivion dream? REally? I'm surprised. I had a slew of them last night. ... I would write 'em up but (as usual) I can't remember any of them, other than a few vague sequences (running through the woods, for instance).

+Quote Post

22 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 AM