Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 7 2018, 12:06 AM
Post #481

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2018, 05:36 PM) *

Here is a final update to the USS Bunker Hill. It fixes an issue with the LOD still showing the old bridge.

Hmmm, Khajiit didn’t notice a problem. What is LOD? Like if you are further away it still loads the image of the old bridge?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #482

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2018, 07:06 PM) *

Here is a final update to the USS Bunker Hill. It fixes an issue with the LOD still showing the old bridge.

Hmmm, Khajiit didn’t notice a problem. What is LOD? Like if you are further away it still loads the image of the old bridge?

LOD is Level of Detail. It is a common tactic games use, to swap to low detail textures for objects that are far away. That is why buildings in the distance look so boxy and plain. Then as you near they became detailed.

I discovered that the original bridge LOD was still showing up at long distance. Then it would change to the drawbridge when you got closer. I think I fixed it now to show the drawbridge at long distance.

Edit: Crap, I didn't fix it. I just backed away farther, and while the drawbridge LOD is now showing up, the original bridge LOD is still there too. It looks like the only way to change it is to completely redo the LODs for the world.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 7 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #483

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2018, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 6 2018, 07:06 PM) *

LOD is Level of Detail. It is a common tactic games use, to swap to low detail textures for objects that are far away. That is why buildings in the distance look so boxy and plain. Then as you near they became detailed.

I discovered that the original bridge LOD was still showing up at long distance. Then it would change to the drawbridge when you got closer. I think I fixed it now to show the drawbridge at long distance.

Edit: Crap, I didn't fix it. I just backed away farther, and while the drawbridge LOD is now showing up, the original bridge LOD is still there too. It looks like the only way to change it is to completely redo the LODs for the world.

Hmmm, so maybe just do it up to certain distance? You probably don’t even have good line of sight on it after a certain distance anyway, yeah?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #484

Ancient
Group Icon

So now there is a mod that lets you build Todd Howard Statues. Wtf? Khajiit doesn’t get it.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 9 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #485

Master
Group Icon

We must all bow to Godd Howard.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 9 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #486

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 9 2018, 10:37 AM) *

So now there is a mod that lets you build Todd Howard Statues. Wtf? Khajiit doesn’t get it.

You could shoot them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #487

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 9 2018, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 9 2018, 10:37 AM) *

You could shoot them.

That would require Khajiit downloading the ridiculous mod first. Although, setting up a shooting range starring one of these statues at your settlement site o’choice, might be fun. Like that scaver shooting bottles near 111, except we’d be popping a likeness of the Todd.

*Note: Khajiit does not wish any ill on Mr. Howard, but this weird hero worship of him is annoying.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 9 2018, 10:24 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 10 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #488

Master
Group Icon

Mods I've been running so far:

1) SofaSurfer - allows you to sleep on couches

2) Everyone's Best Friend - allows you to keep Dogmeat alongside another companion

3) Restore PA Frame - restores PA frame from corpses wearing PA

4) KeyNuker - adds a keyring, making the Misc section less of a mess

5) Lots more male hairstyles - transforms mayor of Diamond City into a Behemoth

6) Unisex Pose Collection - some poses that are also suitable for male characters

7) Player Head Tracking - as it should be by default

8) Deacon Clothing Fix - prevents Deacon from changing his outfit every 5 seconds

9) Rebuilt Home Plate - adds floor to the entire Home Plate, so you can furnish the workshop part of the house too

10) J's Headwraps - adds four headwraps to random loot

11) Smokeable cigarettes and cigars - as it should be in the vanilla game since you can consume a bunch of other drugs

12) Build anything in interior cells - because why not?

13) Darker Nights - because vanilla are too bright.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Aug 10 2018, 02:01 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 10 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #489

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 10 2018, 07:59 AM) *

I'd recommend this mod instead: Player Comments and Head Tracking.
It still gives you the head tracking, but also lets your Sole Survivor chatter more about what's going on around you.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #490

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for your suggestion but I use an older version of FO4, which means older F4SE, which consequently means older MCM and I had some troubles setting this mod up, so I'll stick to the headtracking one.

14) Eli's Armor - adds some great looking armor sets and outfits but I disabled adding them to leveled lists because they were appearing on too many NPCs, besides I prefer if only my character would wear them, making them unique. My issue with vanilla outfits (not armor sets), is that lots of them look oversized, baggy, most of them have long sleeves and as such aren't very appealing to wear for a long time.

15) Rolled sleeves for army fatigues - a minor thing but while Logan was wearing the fatigues, it bothered me that it had long sleeves.

15) Craftable mirrors - adds mirrors to crafting stations

16) Build anything in interiors - does what it says.

17) I'm working on my own mod which disables some requirements for crafting so we'll be able to build kitchens without any requirements etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 14 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #491

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 14 2018, 12:34 PM) *

17) I'm working on my own mod which disables some requirements for crafting so we'll be able to build kitchens without any requirements etc.

Before you get too far, this mod works great for that: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20983

This post has been edited by Kane: Aug 14 2018, 05:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #492

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, I was looking for something like this but obviously didn't search by exact enough keywords.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 14 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #493

Master
Group Icon

Happy to help!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 18 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #494

Ancient
Group Icon

Ak 5c = this is an good-looking Swedish assault rifle. I have not used it, but from the pics it looks very well done.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 18 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #495

Ancient
Group Icon

111 Cloverfield Lane = is a good home mod that is located near Sanctuary. It looks just like the movie (which was good btw). I recognize a lot of the meshes and textures as Elianora's work, so the whole thing has the feel of one of her mods (which is a good thing). The author did some really interesting things with the workbenches, using different meshes for some. For example, the prewar stove is a real cooking station now. Kind of as it should be.

It is not a settlement, so you can't change things to dismiss companions there. Or build a robot workbench for the Automaton stuff. But it is really well done, perfect if you don't want to go to all the trouble of decorating.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 20 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #496

Master
Group Icon

In the CK, how do I set an addiction effects to kick in for example 10 minutes after the effect of some drug wears off?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #497

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 20 2018, 08:37 AM) *

In the CK, how do I set an addiction effects to kick in for example 10 minutes after the effect of some drug wears off?

Hmm, Khajiit is not sure what factors affect addiction. This one is reasonably sure it’s an RNG rolling every time you take an item that can create dependency.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 20 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #498

Master
Group Icon

I know that if I prolonged a specific effect of a drug, for example prolonging fortified strength, addiction effects would kick in after this effect would wear off. But that requires changing specific effects for every possible drug, besides I don't want to prolong an effect just to delay addiction.

There was some mod in New Vegas which had this feature enabled - that addiction effects kicked in 10 minutes after the drug primary effects would wear off but I don't remember which mod it was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 21 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #499

Master
Group Icon

18) Craftable fridge - because you can't craft one.

19) Craftable sinks, showers, ... - because crafting them in the vanilla game is very limited.

20) Unlimited companion framework - allows you to have several companions at once. Judging by its comments on the Nexus I was afraid that the mod won't work because almost everyone says it's buggy but for me it's been working flawlessly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #500

Ancient
Group Icon

Homemaker adds the ability to craft a bunch of things that were left out of the vanilla crafting, like fridges, stoves, shower stalls, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:07 AM