29 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
Lopov
post Aug 21 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #501

Master
Group Icon

Anyone knows how to disable the effect of changing weather to RadStorm as soon as you approach C.I.T. ruins after completing the MQ? The effect is similar to the one with Oblivion gates where upon approaching the ruins the weather would almost instantly turn into a RadStrom and then change back to normal after moving a few steps away.

EDIT: In the Institute Exterior Cell I deleted a parameter called CraterWeatherTrigger and now the weather doesn't change anymore. I hope I didn't mess anything else by doing this, we'll see. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Aug 22 2018, 12:24 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 22 2018, 11:33 AM
Post #502

Master
Group Icon

I did some testing and it works! So if anyone's bothered by constantly changing weather close to the C.I.T. ruins after completing the MQ, deleting the CraterWeatherTrigger removes the green sky and replaces it with default one.

Because after completing the MQ one of a few passable bridges in the Commonwealth gets destroyed (the one above USS Riptide), crossing the Charles river became a nuisance for someone like me who rarely runs, never fast travels and doesn't swim over the river just for the sake of getting on the other side. So I added a submerged school bus to the bridge east of the one above USS Riptide, which now connects the eastern bridge and the north shore, no longer requiring to swim over the river.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2018, 01:36 AM
Post #503

Ancient
Group Icon

Reptilic Deathclaws = a brand new 4k texture replacer. The best Deathclaw textures I have found so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 2 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #504

Ancient
Group Icon

Pancor Jackhammer - If you played Fallout 2 or Fallout Tactics you know this beast. The model and textures are really good. The stats on the gun itself are really overpowered. I modded it a lot to make it more reasonable, reducing the damage, making it semi-automatic, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 3 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #505

Master
Group Icon

Cora - A character preset and my first ever upload to the Nexus.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 3 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #506

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 3 2018, 12:32 AM) *

Pancor Jackhammer - If you played Fallout 2 or Fallout Tactics you know this beast. The model and textures are really good. The stats on the gun itself are really overpowered. I modded it a lot to make it more reasonable, reducing the damage, making it semi-automatic, etc...
I remember that weapon, mostly from Fallout 2, less from Tactics. A beast indeed, I used it in FO2 against powerful enemies like deathclaws and Frank Horrigan.

QUOTE(Kane)
A character preset and my first ever upload to the Nexus.
You bet that'll get lots of downloads.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #507

Ancient
Group Icon

Stick Mag for Submachine gun - this adds a stick magazine for the Thompson submachine gun. Whenever I think of a Tommy Gun, it is with the stick magazine like in WWII, not the gangster special drum magazine.

There is a Hecate II mod that came out a few days ago. For those not familiar with the name, it is the Anti-Material rifle from New Vegas. But the Nexus has it blocked now, and says it is under moderation review. I wonder if the creator used some of the assets from another mod? Or from the creation club? I am glad I downloaded it when I did, because it is pretty good. Some parts are rough, especially the short barrel and short stock versions. But when you assemble it with the long barrel, marksman stock, and muzzle brake, it looks like the classic Hecate II we all know and love. With an added carry handle, which I don't understand. It even has multiple skins, including a couple of NCR ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 28 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #508

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been experimenting with playing a child character, and found several mods that make this possible.

Custom Playable Children - is the base mod to use. It is not perfect. You start the game with a new character as normal. With the mod activated you will see new presets to chose from in the regular list. They are basically copies of the vanilla child faces, with several options for hair color and eye color. They look a little weird, especially the eyebrows, because at this point your character is still the normal race and size.

So you pick a preset and exit character creation. Then you open the console and use the setrace command to change to the mod's new child race. You don't use the vanilla child race because it causes CTDs. Then you use the setscale command to shrink yourself down to child-size. Now your eyebrows look a lot more normal.

It works pretty well. The only issues I have found are that lipstick does not work correctly, and the eyes look a little odd. With lipstick, as soon as you select it the color is all black. But you can change to the other colors normally. However, the lipstick color does not line up with the lips, so it only covers the upper lip, and the skin above it. This is probably a side-effect of either the scaling or new race. The eye issue seems to be the lower eyelash also looks too high, so it is going across the lower part of the eyeball. But it is only really noticeable if you zoom in really close.

Otherwise the mod does add custom hairs and eyes specifically for the child character. The vanilla and Azar hairs do not fit the child-size heads. It even allows you to play a ghoul child, which I thought was a really nice touch.

Hair For Children - adds child-sized versions of all the vanilla hair styles. It works fine with Custom Playable Children.

Higher Female Protagonist Voice = This mod takes the vanilla voice files and changes the pitch up, to make the voice sound higher and thinner. There are several different options to chose from, with different levels of pitch change. You can only use one at a time.

It is big, really big, since it is every character sound file in the game. So it will take a while to download. There are also extra downloads for the dlcs. It comes in a .bsa file. The problem with this is that the game will ignore this particular one unless you add it's name to the .ini file. The only problem with this is that if you decide to delete the mod, you are also going to need to remove that from the .ini file. Which you might forget.

So you can do what I did, and open the .bsa with B.A.E. - Bethesda Archive Extractor, and extract all the loose files into your game folder. The good thing about this is that you don't need the .esp file doing it this way. It works as a standard replacer, the same as a texture replacer would.

So far I tried out the U Voice, which is the highest. It sounds good, much more like a child, but there is a lot of distortion at times. The modder themself warns about this. So I am going to give the next higher voice a try.

Any Terminal At Any Height - this makes using terminals work with a child. The problem is that when you are little (or big) you cannot use terminals! I found this out the hard way. My child character is so short that when I tried using a terminal my point of view was so far down that I could not see the screen. So it was unusable. This mod fixes that.

So far it is going ok. I think my character - Ariel - is runs/walks a little slower than normal. This would be in keeping with Skyrim, where the taller races like Altmer actually can jump farther and run faster than the other races. I might try using the console to increase my movement speed. I don't know for sure.

Ariel is also definitely lower to the ground when in first person. That is a little odd. But it is how it should be.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 24 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #509

Ancient
Group Icon

Better Night Vision - There are several mods that improve the vanilla night vision from the Night Person perk. I found I like this one the best. It comes in two versions. The first allows you to create a potion that you can create to give yourself temporary night vision.

The second just makes the improvements to how night vision works, with nothing else added. I took that and created a night vision ring. It was simple, I just made a new enchantment using the vanilla night vision magic effect. Then I put it on a copy of the Wedding Ring you start the game with, and renamed the ring.

Hunting Shotgun - adds a new standalone pump shotgun. Pretty much your standard real world shotgun. Comes in 2k and 4k textures.

Modern Weapon Replacer - Hunting Shotgun - takes the Hunting Shotgun above (you need that mod for this to work), and uses it to replace the vanilla Combat Shotgun. I have been using it in Tsuruhime's game, and I am liking it.

CC's UHD Radscorpions - a high res texture replacer for the radscorpions. Comes in 2k and 4k.

CC's Enhanced Vanilla Mirelurks - a high res texture replace for Mirelurks. 2k and 4k options.

XNFRain's Stealth Boy 2K HD Retextures - A retrexture for the Stealth Boys. It does not change the effect when you use one, just how they look when they are laying around in the world. There are several color options to choose from. A simple mod, but a big improvement from vanilla.

CommonWealth Katanas - The Darkest Hour Remastered - Adds two katanas with lots of visual options. I am using this for Tsuruhime.

Katana's Mask - Katana's Mask (the DC Comic's Katana that is). Goes well with the katana mod above.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 2 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #510

Master
Group Icon

What managers do y'all use? I've always used NMM with success, but might go with Mod Organizer 2 this time around. Or Wrye Bash.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 2 2019, 09:36 PM
Post #511

Ancient
Group Icon

I use Mod Organizer 2. I still have not figured out everything it does. But it works for managing my load order just fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 3 2019, 03:15 AM
Post #512

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 2 2019, 01:14 PM) *

What managers do y'all use? I've always used NMM with success, but might go with Mod Organizer 2 this time around. Or Wrye Bash.

NMM works fine for Khajiit. Never given this one any problems.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 28 2019, 12:35 AM
Post #513

Ancient
Group Icon

I found a conflict between two mods. Better Console F4SE and Crafting Highlight Fix. I thought it was Better Console causing my game to CTD at the main menu startup. But it turns out that it works just fine, so long as Crafting Hightlight Fix is not also present. Something in the coding of it is actually causing the CTD on menu loads, but only when you have Better Console.

In any case, I got rid of Crafting Highlight Fix, and now my game runs great with Better Console. Which is a relief, since it adds so much to using the console in the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #514

Master
Group Icon

Ended up sticking with NMM. It has always worked for me, so why change?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 4 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #515

Master
Group Icon

Salvage Beacons is a godsend, and I wish I had started using it sooner. You are able to collect so much more junk for crafting/building, and so much more gear for outfitting settlers.

This post has been edited by Kane: Feb 4 2019, 02:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 6 2019, 02:06 AM
Post #516

Ancient
Group Icon

Vault 111 Player Settlement - I have not tried it out yet, but this looks interesting. It allows you to use Vault 111 as a settlement. I suspect that it will conflict with Start Me Up however, since that mod does a lot of rearranging in the vault.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #517

Ancient
Group Icon

For the past week I have been using FO4 Seasons. It is a seasonal overhaul with options for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. I did not bother with the Fall version, since that is basically the vanilla game. Winter was too bright, with the snow. It also was strange when it was raining and thundering. But I found Spring very colorful and bright. I am now using Summer, and am liking it immensely. It makes the whole world seem new again.

Edit: Today I tried an option called First Frost. It is winter, but without the snow being so bright and blinding. It works really well, and I like it a lot. Still, it is a little odd seeing snow on the ground when their are still crops in the fields.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 27 2019, 02:51 AM
Post #518

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 5 2019, 08:06 PM) *

Vault 111 Player Settlement - I have not tried it out yet, but this looks interesting. It allows you to use Vault 111 as a settlement. I suspect that it will conflict with Start Me Up however, since that mod does a lot of rearranging in the vault.

I was actually considering making a Player house in the vault, laugh.gif This is a much better idea; and "The Institute" proved crops can be grown indoors!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 27 2019, 06:35 PM) *

I found a conflict between two mods. Better Console F4SE and Crafting Highlight Fix. I thought it was Better Console causing my game to CTD at the main menu startup. But it turns out that it works just fine, so long as Crafting Hightlight Fix is not also present. Something in the coding of it is actually causing the CTD on menu loads, but only when you have Better Console.

In any case, I got rid of Crafting Highlight Fix, and now my game runs great with Better Console. Which is a relief, since it adds so much to using the console in the game.

I have been missing having a script extender in the Creation Kit; I haven't seen an F4SE at Nexus!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 27 2019, 03:29 AM
Post #519

Ancient
Group Icon

The script extenders are not on the Nexus. F4SE is here. But be sure you have the latest version of the game before you try using it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 1 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #520

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2019, 09:29 PM) *

The script extenders are not on the Nexus. F4SE is here. But be sure you have the latest version of the game before you try using it.

Oh, this is Awesome! Thank you so much!

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 1 2019, 08:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:41 AM