11 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Revan part 2, the wanderer, Revan
jack cloudy
post Oct 2 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

Ouch and double ouch. Nasty bugger. I take it that it is not native to Nirn? (Please tell me it's not. These things would make the Oblivion crisis look like a little pebble dropped into the ocean.)

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 3 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

well rest assured Jack, these things aren't native to Nirm. But we'll be seeing more of them in the future.
They're roughly larger than a Deadroth
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 3 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #63

Master
Group Icon

ok, here's a short update for you all.

------

Revan part 2/ chapter 12(cont.): Revelations

The creature was blasted to pieces by Darhun's anti-armor weapon. Ozone filled the air (as many of the pieces were burning). Everything became a blur to Rhys after that. She had rushed over to the crumpled shape that she knew was Revan. There was two large gashes in his mid torso, one had an exit wound. Blood was flowing from the wounds; if it couldn't stop he would bleed to death. She hastily reviewed all her knowledge of healing, and brought all her will to bear.
She felt more connected to him than ever before, for some reason there was an actual bond between them. More than that she felt a great affection for Revan. Her hands glowed as she began to regenerate all the damaged flesh, muscle, and bone. She was vaguely aware that Nara and Darhun were kneeling beside her adding there power to the ordeal of healing.
First the blood slowed and eventually stopped seeping out the wound. Then the internal and external flesh began to appear and bond together. And finally the skin over the wounds was whole again, but the scar tissue would always be bleached white. As the immediate danger passed Rhys suddenly felt weak and exhausted. And aware of the bond she and Revan shared. It used to be illusive and subtle until this had happened. Though powerful it was not born of an emotional attachment. It has always been there, she realized.
Xaries helped her up and gave her a stern look of slight dissaproval, but his gaze softened and he gave her a sympathetic squeeze on her shoulder. "It's all right, he'll make it." Though it was unnessary she appreciated the gesture. Darhun's expression was hidden beneath his helmet, it struck her how similar it was to Revan's, but he also exuded understanding and sympathy.

Darhun and Xarkum elected to carry Revan, and the group moved through another set of pressure doors.
Rhys suddenly became aware of the comradery the two different men shared with Revan, Xarkum was in the worst state, but was a mask of grim determination. The cavernous chamber was gigantic, almost as wide as Vivec in Morrowind, and as tall as a single canton. Kartah split away from the group to see if there was anything they could use, and Xaries took point.
They spotted her a few minutes later standing beside a large land rover. It was still functioning, and was in premium condition. Kartah was a fountain of calm confidence as she strapped into the driver's seat and gracefully typed the nessasary ignition codes. She might as well have been a loving mother tending to her little infant. It was odd, Rhys couldn't relate to the reversal of human affection and utility ettiquette. Still, the vehicle's engine roared to life and burst out of the hanger bay. Suddenly the air was filled with insect wing buzzing, and more creatures swarmed to pursue their prey. But suddenly the chamber shook in responce to a megaton of IEDs going off by remote detonation, and the rover cleared the debris and drove into the upper tunnels free at last.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 6 2006, 07:15 PM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 3 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Sweet, a daring escape and Revan looks like he's going to come through. I also appreciate the mention of the bond between him and Rhys, it'd be neat to see how much more indepth that bond is.

Continue please!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 4 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

I told you all I would add more wink.gif laugh.gif the next few updates will be packed with new things for information posts. For instance I plan to introduce High Naryyn starfighters and could it be? A battle ship!!! Also more about the origins of Revan, also some allies appear, and the Honor Guards are coming ohmy.gif wacko.gif

Oh and which of all the cast and characters of this story are your favorites?

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 4 2006, 01:23 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 4 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #66

Master
Group Icon

I'll say Norik, because he's got that arrogant bad-guy touch to him, and Revan because of he's got a slick personality I think.

Hopefully I don't confuse all the characters that start with X but I also like the sympathetic High Narynn, Xaries. Hopefully that's the right one. tongue.gif

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 9 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

Revan part 2/ chapter 12: The War Begins

From- Talament Station (Fleet HQ)

To- All Naval personel on planet 1684

Priority- Bravo

Subject- Incoming hostiles

Summary- Be advised brothers, we've noted a lot of ships moving toward your rock without authorization in the last half hour. These vessels include 15 frigates, 5 battleships, and 1 cruiser. The battleships contain 35 snub fighters and 20 dropships each; not to metion the firepower to level half the continent your currently sitting on. We have a small battlegroup in transit to your postition; to offer support.

Side note- We're not sure if this is connected, but several key hierarchs have gone missing; as well as their honor guards.

<<<end transmission>>>

Norik was shocked by the contents of the message from command. Could my honor guards not be the only ones going rogue? He couldn't find an answer, and that sent a chill down his spine. This transmission brought forth the dreaded possibility of fighting a war on two fronts. But at least help was on the way.
The glacier was now extremly close to the island. Norik typed up the proper commands, and the screen in front of him changed to show the hiding place of their prey. And the two battle ships hovering 5,000 feet above their target. Of course they couldn't just bombard the piece of rock into submission, but they would make a fine two-ship blockade. A small sea-faring vessel attempted to approach the island, compared to a single warships weaponry it was fire wood. The closest ship aimed at the small intruder...... twenty brilliant flashes of light erupted from The Dominance. The little boat was vaporized, along with most of the water around it.
There was a rap on the door, and Norik turned to open it. Ankrus, one of Norik's most experienced military officers, came through and saluted smartly. "Sir, I've recieved the last report from our prison on Sosthiem." Norik appreciated the man's competence, he can even pronounce these blasted native's names. "Good, what is the situation?"
"Well sir, many officers were killed by some creature in the lowest levels. Most of the others deserted, and we have no idea where the captives, the honor guards, or the deserters are." Ankrus said grimly. "So, we're mostly in the dark." Norik asked, "Shall we dig in now?"

Rhys......

The tunnels were definitely rising toward the surface. Rays of sunlight were slowly becoming visible. Xarkum, Kartah, and Xaries were in the control area, while the Dark Naryyn were occuping the mid and aft-sections of the scout vehicle. Rhys sat beside Revan, who was lying in one of the bunks. Nara settled down beside her, and both lightly embrced each other.
When they had been in the Marhun Kar village, Revan had vaguely summarized his upbringing. Where Rhys had a father in Barrick, Revan had grown up without any strong family ties, or even good friends. And so he had trouble relating to Rhys' maternal indulgences with Nara. But it seemed he had florished in his childhood, but Rhys couldn't imagine all those years in Bravil without Barrik to offer some humorous story or piece of wisdom. Maybe it was for the best, Revan had resited relationships, and maybe that made him immune to loss and moral delimas. Revan seemed uncomfortable around Nara, but that was easy to understand, it was unlikely to be envy. So that left the fact that Nara was Hursho-Vernah/Blood-Seers, one of the mostly extinct tribes of Dark Naryyn left behind. Suddenly she felt some strange sensation through her bond with Revan.......

-----

Revan slowly opened his eyes, and beheld a cloud-covered landscape. The sky was gray and the land was bleak and flat. He could just make out a structure in the distance; the place had an allure to it, and there wasn't anywhere else to go. After several minutes of running, he approached the gates to the castle/ temple-like building. The doors opened on their own, and as Revan walked through them, closed.
The corridor lead to a courtyard, and in the courtyard were two altars...... As Revan neared them, two figures appeared on the platforms. One was the grey 'spirit' from Valenwood, and the other was the gold one from the prison......

-----

Rhys was about to investigate the disturbance, when the scout transport leaped out of the cavern. The rover landed with a muffled thud in the snow. Through the windshield, everyone could see an emmense tundra. It seemed like they were in a huge valley, but there was only one exit, which was across from their current position. Kartah drove the vehicle like a pro, and they were halfway to the exit........

Surrush.....

The ex-honor guard took a deep breath of the crisp, cool air of Sosthiem. They-wait, no he- was leading a group of his brothers toward the future battlezone. It was hard to give up individuel thinking When he and his bond brother reported to their immediate superiors, they had been rewarded new power for the war. This was brought about by their lords fusing them together; it had been done many times in the history of their race. He was one of the many fusions leading the individuels into battle.
Suddenly his sensitive ear (actually an auditory meatus) picked up the sound of an engine over the howling wind. He turned and looked downward, and spotted the source, a lone High Naryyn scout vehicle. Well the wars had, technically, started, so with deliberate slowness Surrush raised his twin staffs and loosed a great blast of energy......

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 9 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Uh-oh, looks like Rhys and friends are going to run into some trouble. Hopefully they can either flee or somehow defeat them, but I'm thinking it's going to be the former.

Nice update.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 14 2006, 03:17 AM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Ok guys, here's a short post. biggrin.gif

-------

Revan part 2/ chapter 12 (cont):

The rover caught some air and bounced on its heavy suspention, as it began to climb, the hill exploded. the scout vehicle was thrown backward, hit the ground, and rolled until it came to a halt on its side. Rhys shakely got up from the wall that she'd slammed into. Slowly the others began to get back on their feet, no one appeared critically injured. Nara (the only one that hadn't been wearing armor) had several small bruises, and there was a large cut running along her right cheek, starting at the chin and going up to her cheekbone. It was pretty deep, and was blood wept from its length. Rhys naturally went over to her first, to heal it, the skin regenerated quickly, it wasn't as serious as Revan's- Rhys realized she hed forgotten about Revan, and the fact that he wasn't consious. She hasitly evaluated Nara's cut, it wasn't anything to worry about, but Nara would always have that scar. But that wasn't an immediate concern, Rhys searched the mid-cabin for Revan. He was lying face-down against a set of weapon lockers, across from the bunk.

Revan had been in the middle of a dream, when suddenly it felt like he'd been thrown of the edge of a Sigil Keep...... and hit solid ground. He slowly began to wake up, and extreme pain greeted him. His head hurt the most, and he was still seeing black........ When it didn't go away, Revan realized his helmet was facing a different direction than his head, he was looking through the side of his helm. Ignoring the pain in his limbs, Revan managed to get a good grip on his mask-helm and pulled it back into alignment. Through the visor, a series of long cases were visible. Revan rolled over and took in the scene; Rhys was lying beside him breathing heavily, Nara was nursing a white scar running down the right side of her face, Xarkum was helping Kartah up, but she pulled too hard and caused him to lose his balance. Darhun was wrestling his helmet back in position, and Xaries ducked through a small bulkhead. There was the distinct odor of smoke in the air, and the floor was cluttered with a whole manner of things. Revan looked over at Rhys, "Could you explain to me what's going on?" She shakily nodded, "We managed to escape the prison, and were on our way back to Vardenfell." Rhys wiped away a patch of blood from her face. "But something knocked over our transport." Darhun and Xaries wrestled another bulkhead open and a flurry of snow blew into the rover. We must still be in Sosthiem, he thought sourly.
"Are you hurt Rhys?" He asked her. She paused for a moment, "No, I'm fine just sore." Rhys hesitated for a moment, "And you?" Revan shrugged, but winced as pain lanced through his body. "I don't know what happened to me, but I think I can fight." Xarkum and Kartah finally managed to get back on their feet. "Good," Kartah muttered. "At least we don't have to carry you anymore."
Everyone climbed out of the smoking wreckage, and surveyed the landscape. There was a hill- actually a crater- severall meters to the right, wisps of smoke and clouds of steam wafted from its center. Xaries pointed to a small gap between the walls of ice that surrounded the valley. "That's where we need to go to get out of here," He yelled over the howling wind. There was a blood-chilling shriek that pierced the blizzard, Revan looked up....... On top of on of the cliffs, stood a towering creature it held two long six foot staff in each hand. The monster had to be ten feet tall, it had heavy looking armor, and a serpantine shaped helm covering a snouted head. Around it were scores of familiar honor guards, all jabbering and loosing war-cries.
Kartah reached for a small device from her belt, and held it to her helmet. "This is Sargent first-class Kartah, I'm requesting an air-strike on these coordinates." As she said this, she tapped in a series of numbers on the keypad.........
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 14 2006, 05:49 AM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, an airstrike eh? I don't even know if THAT much firepower is going to take out those things, especially since their firearms can make craters...

Hopefully you prove me wrong; I wouldn't mind to see Honour Guard limbs flying all over the place biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 4 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

First of all, those are staffs (like a fire/shock, from Oblivion/ Morrowind style crossover). Second, Surrush is a fusion now, and has more power than ever (more than any single Honor Guard). He's like a "hero" of his race.

-------

Revan part 2/ chapter 12 (cont):

An air strike, Revan recalled Xarkum mentioning flying vehicles, but he'd never elaborated on their potential; Revan was eager to see what these flying weapons could do. The small communication device crackled, and a slightly distorted voice was audible. "This Major Ozarks, we hear you Sergeant. We're on approach, hang tight." As the voice finished, another energy blast burst from the cliff. It was fast (and if the crash had been any indication) deadly.
Everyone scattered, but they were to slow to get completely clear. Rhys grabbed Nara, and sprinted before diving onto the blanket of snow. In that moment of chaos, Revan felt something pulse through his mind, and everything slowed down. He took everything in: the others who threw themselves out of the most harmful part of the attack, the jubilant Honor Guards, the hulking thing that watched as its enemies flee in fear and panic, and finally the lethal beam that still rocketed forward even in slow-motion. Two presences flooded his being, his pain disappeared, and he closed his eyes…….

Arise, child,…… Revan wake up.” The voice said soothingly. Revan slowly woke up and took in his surroundings. He was back in the temple structure from before, and the grey spirit was kneeling beside him. “Greetings, little one, you can’t imagine our joy in reuniting with you after all these years.” Revan eased himself into a sitting position and spotted the gold spirit approaching. The two apparitions gazed at him fondly, but Revan hadn’t the slightest idea of who they were. He couldn’t remember meeting either one before Valenwood.
Suddenly forbidden memories flooded into his mind: a High Naryyn man and a Dark Naryyn woman embracing, months later the woman was sitting on a chair looking down upon her pregnant stomach. And finally the mother held her newborn child, the father walking into the scene to see the baby........ “….as for the child, it will be sent to the new colony….”
It took a few moments for Revan to realize the implications “These memories…..their mine, and if their mine then…..” His voice trailed off and he stared at the spirits. They both nodded empathetically. The gold one spoke first. “Yes Revan, you now know the truth. We wish that we could have told you this during better circumstances, but we can’t change reality son……” Revan’s mind was moving in twenty different directions, but through the chaos, one thought stared him in the face. These are my parents, my family, a Dark Naryyn mother and a High Naryyn father. The grey one –my mother—obviously felt his distress, and stepped forward to comfort him. She put her hands on Revan’s shoulders. “I’m sorry, Revan, I wish that these were times to reconcile, but we aren’t in times of peace and order.” Revan stared at her. “What happened? I have all these new memories that weren’t there before. Why are you spirits, and not Naryyn?”
She seemed slightly taken aback, but remained composed. “Revan, when Markus and I gave birth to you, we broke several laws of The Order. You were torn away from us, and we were exiled never to make contact with each other.
Revan's wasn't as calm as he wanted to be. "But you did, and now I fear the consequences-"
Markus' blazing eyes flared orange, his voice also betrayed his own lack of calm. "Yes, and it was complete circumstance that this all happened this way!" The furious and commanding tone instantly threw Revan into submission and stole any equally angry come-back. The grey spirit -Revan's mother- stepped in between them and shot both of them a glare. "Silence," then in a weary tone. "Revan, we didn't know where to find you or each other, and it was a fortunate coincidence that we all arrived here at the same time. But we truly don't have the time to say all that must be said." Markus' instant revertion was astounding. "It is true, we can't tell you everything that we should, but I can tell you, Revan, that there will indeed be reprecusions. Unfortunately you must face with them alone, for our presences will soon fall apart." Revan dropped his head, but snapped it back up. "What do you mean?" He asked. Markus looked solemn, "You see, our bodies are not as physical and permanent as they appear. They are about to expire, and we'll depart from this world to the void beyond." As he said these words, they began to blur and disappear. "Wait," Revan cried, reaching out with his hand. His mother attempted to clasp it, but her hand passed through it. As dozens of individuel emotions played through Revan's head, the spirit's voices merged to chorus one last phrase, a psalm from a prophesy. "It bears the wieght of many, but is not of one blood or kin. It will be shaped by strangers, and forged into by companions........ Hail, the Herald of Glorious Twilight, the balance of light and darkness....... And slowly the scene crumbled around Revan and his parents were no longer visible.............

PS: sorry it took so long, please forgive me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Nov 4 2006, 04:18 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 4 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

You're forgiven.

Excellent update!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 4 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #73

Master
Group Icon

Wow, Rehvan is the chosen one? Well that would definitely explain some of his occassional uberness.

Maybe that slowmotion remains. Then Rehvan could dodge the beam and give that big hulking High-guard combination a bit of pain to eat. Speed beats muscles any day.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 5 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

Info Post

Clans (D. Naryyn)-

Marhun-Kar- are of the tribes of Dark Naryyn left behind on Nirm. They are beast-tamers, taming animals and semi-sentient beasts with telepathy and spirit-bonds. Though talented warriors, they are more mentally disciplined than physically. Their village, hidden beneath Dagoth-Ur, has become a sanctuary for the scattered and near extinct clanships on Nirm.

Hurso-Vernah- or blood-seers are the most blessed and cursed of the Dark Naryyn tribes. They are gifted with special sight and visions, but are not capable of normal sight. They can literally see into people’s souls, and see their intents and motivations. But a skilled individual can block and even rebuff their efforts. During the eve of civilization (The Mythic Age), the Hurso-Vernah vanished with the exception of a few individuals. Like most D. Naryyn secrets, their disappearance is shrouded in mystery.

The High Naryyn Council- the High Naryyn government is a mixture of parliamentary and theology. Ruled by a council of patriarchs, they have become a beacon of civilization and protection for millennia. The proud Imperial Navy is arguably the most powerful force in the sovereign authority of the H. Naryyn Empire. They have conquered thousands of worlds, and have never known defeat. Skirmishes are frowned upon in the Navy, and are less favored than a huge climatic battle. It is time-honored tradition to fight the enemy head-on and with absolute, decisive, and united force. Veterans enjoy personally leading their troops into battle. Diversionary tactics are also found undesirable, and thus, the navy never uses such “weak” or “cowardly” strategies. They fight in conspicuous, bulky, power suits that gleam bright gold in the light. Thousands of races have kneeled before the council in submission, for the High Naryyn (as a whole) think and move in a coordinated fashion. Only a few species have ever been brought to extinction by a war with the High Naryyn (in all cases, they were not desirable or sentient). The subordinate races hold the H. Naryyn (and their council) in a holy reverence as demi-gods, holy envoys of true immortals.
Despite their conquest and grandeur, the council continues to order the extinction of the Dark Naryyn, their former brethren, a higher priority to any war. The Great War so long ago that even by Naryyn standards it was several generations ago, and therefore there are no contemporary first-hand witnesses to the historic event. Despite this, generation upon generation spread the outdated propaganda about the Fallen Ones.
Though most High Naryyn don’t actually hate the Dark Naryyn, with all the stories from their upbringing, they are compelled to kill their former siblings. Still despite their long outdated prejudice, the council is as deserving of their power as the Dark Naryyn Matriarchs.

Dark Naryyn Matriarchy- like the flipside of the same coin, the Dark Naryyn have also made great headway in their eons of separation. But despite this, the Naryyn are incredibly similar. Whereas the High Naryyn have conquered and dominated their region of the void, the Dark Naryyn have wandered and adjusted to a (until 5 thousand years ago) settled the world of their dreams, Xarmanca. Xarmanca is a barren world, where the sky and clouds are violet, and it never rains despite the huge clouds. Though many other races would consider this place inhospitable, to the Dark Naryyn, it was a paradise. Upon it, they built a wondrous capital city of the same title. Every planetoid, from moons to gigantic asteroids around Xarmanca has been settled by the different tribes and clanships. Perhaps as a symptom of their strong presence, a large part of the region is bathed in a large cloud of dark matter. Xarmanca has become the center of the Dark Naryyn’s growing society.

The Order- a single group that has united a small number of both species of Naryyn into its fold. They do not seek to unite the Naryyn, and regard anything other than mutual respect between the High and Dark subjects an act of heresy. Aside from this, not much else is known about them, except that their operatives have infiltrated both cultures.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 9 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

A new character is revealed!!! biggrin.gif

-------

Revan part 2/chapter 12:

The figure strode through the hall of an abandoned Naryyn temple. A blizzard raged outside but was muffled by the ancient walls. These corridors probably hadn't felt the weight of a Naryyn's footsteps in many centuries, and with every step Marthyn took a cloud of dust left a small cloud as he trudged on.
He knew he wasn't here to gather followers or artifacts for The Order. But he ws taking the time to calm his raging spirit. They betrayed our wise leaders not once, but twice they did so intentionally! A nearby wolf howled in pain at the volume of his mental fuming. Was Markus not faithful to me? he raged. To his own blood and kin? Then his mind produced the image of his hatred. Or did he care about you more He queried. A spawn of muddled blood rather than his own pure kin? He drilled his eyes into the black, depthless face plate. Why did he favor you? Whatever the answer is; I don't care! I, Marthyn, first born of Markus, will be your life's end as my father was your doomed begining.
With that he turned and stormed down the hallway, no longer caring about peace or serenity........
Revan, my sevro, your brother is coming for you......

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Nov 9 2006, 11:50 PM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 10 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

Uh-oh, a jealous older brother. Revan better watch out...

Hehe, at least in my family I'm the oldest and the favourite biggrin.gif tongue.gif. Probably because I'm the nice son.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 10 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

Character post 2

Ankrus- High Naryyn male, Officer of Naryyn Navy
Marthyn- High Naryyn male, Revan's older brother
Markus- Evolved High Naryyn male, Revan and Marthyn's father
Surrush- Honor Guard fusion, villain
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 10 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #78

Master
Group Icon

An older brother, and a full-blood High Narynn. Hmm, this could become a very messy family feud.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 11 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #79

Master
Group Icon

Ok, first part of Chapter 13 biggrin.gif

-------

Revan part 2/ Chapter 13: The Culling

Norik looked over the map of Vardenfell, which marked the positions of his troops outposts across the coast. The "Bitter Coast" was mostly deserted so there had been little resistence, now Norik was on his way to the city of "Vivec," to meet with the leader of this island, Helseth.

The dropship's engines rumbled as the transport moved in to land atop the "Temple Canton," which was what the natives called their large floating city-islands. Norik stood paciently as the ship landed. When the bay door opened, a dozen Naryyn soldiers filed out and stood in rigid formation on both sides of the transport. A young grey-skinned man walked forward with the walk of a royal upbringing, but dispite the obvious authority about the young king, Norik was revolted by the similarity Helseth had to the fallen ones. Helseth wore a mask of calm over his detectable exhaustion, irritation, and stress. "King Helseth, I sense your agitation, and I assure you that as soon as our quarry are found and terminated, you can have back your kingdom." Norik couldn't speak the native tongue so he simply coversed with the king telepathically. "Indeed," Helseth reply betrayed his youth and impatience. "My subjects would perfer for me to deny you access to Vardenfell."

Norik bristled slightly. "And those subjects would be destroyed if they got out of control. You must realize that my forces have the advantage, because not even if every being on this continent could overpower us. So you keep your people in line-" He bent closer to Helseth. "Or we," Norik gestured to the twin warships hovering above the water. "Will do so for you. The Fallen Ones are here and we intend to find them." He turned and began to stride back to the dropship, but paused. "Reveal yourself now." Norik commanded. A hooded figure appeared out of the air to Norik's right. The display was reminisent to oil flowing of metal. "Who are you?" He asked it, although he knew the answer already. "I am Sarmath, and you cast down my people long ago and are responsible for much of our hardship." The Dark Naryyn said, determined and without fear. Norik turned to Helseth, "and why is this heretic here?" The soldiers watched feeling the tension and the veiled threat of from leader. "I don't know this creature." Norik knew that Helseth was lying from the filthy traitor's look of betrayl and calm resignation. Norik faced his troops, "Kill the infedel." He said simply. The troopers nodded and raised their rifles; Sarmath put up no fight as his life was put to an end.

"Come," he ordered his men. And strode into the dropship's troop bay after them; without speaking another word to Helseth. As the shuttle lifted off Norik contacted Ankrus. "Prepare to storm the island." He instructed, "Leave no place untouched by our grasp."
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 14 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

Ok, due to lack of replies, I will now move forward with Revan part 2 biggrin.gif

------

Revan part 2/ chapter 13 (cont):

There was a blinding flash of silver/gold light that enveloped Revan's vision. He raised his arm to shield his eyes. As the visual display subsided, a large gouge on the ground came into view. Revan realized that the energy blast had been deflected. My parents, he thought, and felt an odd warm sensation flow through him. The honor guards on the cliff hissed and shrieked in fury that their attack had not been lethal.

Rhys and the others were all on their feet by now, and Rhys gave him a conscerned glance. "Something is differnet." She told him, and Revan gave a start as the realization hit him. Though her mouth was not visible, the rest of her face betrayed its grin. So I'm tied to her, he thought. Maybe it's a blessing. He sent a subtle pulse of thought to acknowledge their Hurso eto bond of blood and spirit. Rhys cocked her head and that same warmth spread through Revan's mind. What is this emotion? He asked the air.
The honor guards were now frenzied, but a large speciman was keeping them in line. There's something familiar about that one. He thought. Suddenly all the guards froze and their spines flared up in outrage as they looked skywards.....
Xarkum yelled and pointed. Revan searched the cloud-veiled sky and spotted them. Two Naryyn fighters wheeled and dove out of the air with a preditory grace. They had a long, thin fusaluage, and two wings that sprouted from the end to form a cape of sorts, and the engines blazed an invigorating orange afterburner. They screamed and split off, on on the left, the other on the right. Then they spun and converged on the clifface.

Surrush......

His minions became aware of the engine noises moments after their leader did. But with his extrasensory he spotted detected the interceptors first. The twin hawks swiftly closed the distance to their cliff. Self-preservation took hold over his subordinates well-being, and as the fighters were about to release their ordinance Surrush snarled and threw himself off the cliff just seconds be fore it exploded.
As he threw himself, Surrush realized that the distance of the fall was too great for him to survive. He flailed through the air and screamed before he was dashed to his death.

Rhys......

As the spectacle of the bombing raid subsided, Rhys felt the sudden wave of death compete with the gales of Sosthiem. But she banished it from her awareness, If Revan can do it, then so can I. After all, he is my bond-brother now.......
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 09:00 PM