7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
Vital
post Jan 23 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Don't know if any of you have heard of this, but I just saw it and well... Wow. If it's as good as it looks and sounds then it'll be an amazing game, imo. The game has a kickstar page which already has over £280,000 out of a goal of £300,000 with 28 days to go. So it's pretty safe to say it'll get the money to be made.

So, what is Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Basically it's an open-world RPG similar in style to a TES game. However it is set in 15th century Europe, so no elves or argonians etc (one of the downsides imo). There is more realism; the combat looks amazing and historically accurate, there is a need to eat and sleep and food can even go rotten. There's hunting, side-quests, large-scale battles. Much like in a TES game you can be who you want (except an elven mage). There is also the ability to play a bard-like character and be less combat focused, using your silver tongue to solve situations, which I think could be super fun.

There are tons of other cool features and stuff. Watch the video! The kickstarter is being done to prove interest in the game. If they get £300,000 they will have plenty of investors and publishers, if not, well then there wouldn't have been enough interest in the game anyway. I personally think it looks awesome. What are your thoughts?

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 23 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds like a cool game. Think I might wanna keep an eye on this one smile.gif

You get it first, Vital, and then you can tell us how to overcome all the bugs rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 24 2014, 12:34 AM
Post #3

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Hope they can make it. Sounds like an awesome change from the now generic magic and dragons RPG's that saturate the market.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 24 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

It sounded interesting until I looked at the link. It is yet another game where you are forced to play the character they give you, right down to your name, gender, and I presume appearance. No thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 24 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #5

Forum Bard
Group Icon

If it is half as good as they're pitching it to be, I'll get over it.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 24 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't seen anything about character creation so I can't really comment on this. I know appearance isn't locked because in a blog they mentioned the difficulty of marketing a game without a defined character face. I'm thinking gender is locked, which for females is definitely a downside. I like to think this is down to keeping it historically accurate (as the game is based around real events), but I'm not so sure.

I agree that it takes away from the game if you play a character they created for you, that's one of the main reasons why I continue to play TES. You truly can be who you want.

Edit: I agree with Kiln. As much as character individuality adds to games. Some of the ideas they are discussing really make me want to play this. Enough to get over being set a character.

This post has been edited by Vital: Jan 24 2014, 01:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 24 2014, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Yup, unfortunately females had basically no rights to do anything during the middle ages. There were female knights but it was very rare and they still basically had no say in anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 24 2014, 01:45 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jan 24 2014, 11:38 AM) *

Yup, unfortunately females had basically no rights to do anything during the middle ages. There were female knights but it was very rare and they still basically had no say in anything.

The historical accuracy this game claims to have/aim for was one of the things that got me interested. I love medieval history and I think it would be a refreshing change.

I feel like this game is the game the devs want to play, but they also want to listen to fans, who for the most part will be like-minded. Still not gonna read too much into the hype, I watched the video and that's it. Just wanted to share this with you guys and see your thoughts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 24 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #9

Spam Meister
Group Icon

According to the footage it really looks awesome and at this point I only have one question: WILL IT REQUIRE STEAM!????

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 24 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Ok, mark me up for very interested. But without a credit-card I can't pledge so I'll just have to keep an eye out and see how it turns out.

Regarding customization: From what they describe the background is fixed, but where you go from there is more open. Regardless, if the combat system is as awesome as it looks in the trailer without being a major chore to achieve minimal proficiency or a glorified qte, I can manage limited customization. Oh, and if the pc can grow an epic beard/moustache, I can definitely manage.

The pledge bonuses mention a boxed copy but as we've seen lately, boxed anything does not mean Steam-free. Watch and wait on that end I guess.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 24 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Not sure if it will require steam. I'm sure lots more info will come out in a few days. They achieved their initial kickstarter goal in 36 hrs, which is all they need to get the funding from their investor(s). It's also set for consoles, so I don't know if that would affect if it's on steam (I only use consoles sad.gif ).

I just love the look of all those extra features: Various layers of clothing/armour makes it much easier to for the character to look unique, the survival aspects appeal to me, the combat system and the variety of weapons and the different benefits/downsides that come with each weapon add more layers to combat, and make your skill choices matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 24 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #12

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It sounds like the MQ isn“t forced upon me, or did I miss something?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 24 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

No the MQ will wait for you/can be avoided.

One thing I've heard is that the game is being made in three 'chapters' that will be released about 9 months between each other. Each one will be about 20-30 dollars, so it works out roughly same as a normal game. Again this is most likely due to the skepticism of publishers.

Also the focus is quality over quantity, with the idea being a few unique, large dungeons is better than more small, generic ones. It's set in medieval europe so I can't imagine many ruins like those in TES games. Still I would love to spend my time hunting and bounty hunting in those forests...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 25 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Quick update for all female gamers:

One of their stretch goals for the kickstarter (they have already reached the target for the game to be made) involves female characters. Not sure in what shape or form this will be introduced but it's been mentioned...

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 14 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

So I just found out they've got a youtube place with more videos.
click here to see

I'm looking through it now and is it bad that I literally cheered over the horse animations? I don't know why, but I just loved how it bent its head into the direction it turned when walking.

Edit: Ok, watch the first video. Seriously. They talk about how they used real world locales to build their own and it is very interesting stuff to see.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Feb 14 2014, 09:06 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 27 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 23 2014, 03:14 PM) *

So, what is Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Basically it's an open-world RPG similar in style to a TES game. However it is set in 15th century Europe, so no elves or argonians etc (one of the downsides imo). There is more realism; the combat looks amazing and historically accurate, there is a need to eat and sleep and food can even go rotten. There's hunting, side-quests, large-scale battles. Much like in a TES game you can be who you want (except an elven mage). There is also the ability to play a bard-like character and be less combat focused, using your silver tongue to solve situations, which I think could be super fun.

Whoa. huh.gif This sounds interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 14 2015, 02:28 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

I watched several (pre?) alpha tryouts of this game a month or two ago. It looks very promising! Was impressed with the combat. For once it seemed quite realistic, at least compared to other medieval warfare based games. Lots of other potential goodness too. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

The most recent post on this thread being relatively old, ya might want to search YouTube for the latest videos on the game.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Sep 14 2015, 02:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 20 2015, 03:49 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

It sounds neat. But as SubRosa says, if we can't create our own character, that's a tough sell for me at this point. I do want to see some vids of this game though.

Okay, here we go. Wow, it looks fantastic. Cripes. I want it.

They don't allow a pre-created female? sad.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 20 2015, 03:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 20 2015, 05:18 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Seeing real longswording in a game is wonderful. I wish the Elder Scrolls games would do this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 20 2015, 05:38 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

That was Awesome! Yes, that would be worth doing 1st person combat instead of 3rd person for sure! The E3 trailer was amazing; talk about immersion!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 20 2015, 05:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 PM