9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shards of Broken Emperors/Playground 1, Vvardenfell: Roots of Sve'lkreen
ureniashtram
post Jul 30 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen woke up early in the morning in his hammock. Yawning and stretching, he jumped to his feet and glanced at his surroundings. In front of his 'bed' was the door that lead into halls, and to his right was a simple drawer.

He went to the latter, and scooped up a brown pants and a gray sleeveless tunic. He wore them on and slipped on his flip-flops, then went to the exit.

I wonder how many miles we are from Seyda Neen? Better ask the Captain on that one, I guess. And my gear, too. That smith should repair it like it was brand new, or I'm gonna use my flippy-floppies as brass knuckles!

As he passed and glanced at many rooms that held snoring prisoners, he failed to see an old, but muscled, man in his way.
They bumped on each other, and the force of it knocked Cyldreen down.

"I'm sorry good, sir, I wasn't paying attention." the Breton apologised, while at the same time hauling himself up.

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Jul 30 2010, 06:48 PM

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 30 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Agent

Riden awoke with Tess by his side.

'Great...I'm still on this boat...' he thought.

Tess looked up from her hammock and smiled, "Come back in bed, we're not there yet you know."

He shook his head, "No, gotta check up with the Captain."

Riden walked away from Tess who was going to follow him. He passed by prisoners. Some were up and banging on the steel bars of the cell while others were still asleep.

Tess grumbled and followed Riden to the Captains Chamber. Riden readied his small Hidden Blade, just in case a prisoner gets any bright ideas.

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Banana Cream Marmalade is good on pickles.
-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 30 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

OOC: I'd actually planned to have Kaye be one of the prisoners, but seeing as how he's the one who fits the description of old best, I guess I'll have him be the bumpee (though he isn't noticably muscled, ah well.)

Kaye coughed as he regathered his wits.
"I'm sorry, good sir." Someone said, most likely to him. The Redguard rubbed his head as he sat there on the damp floor of the ship. Already unstable simply by being on a crude collection of wood, copper, rope and cloth, the surprise of trying to pass through a doorway at the same moment as someone else was more then enough to send himself falling backwards where he hit his head. Kaye was grateful that the floor was made out of wood softened by the many bugs burrowing tunnels within it rather than say, marble. There was a slight ringing in his ears and a mighty headache building up, but at least he wasn't bleeding.

"It is no problem, sir. My fall is due to no fault of your own. Rather, blame these landlocked legs of mine that can't keep standing when everything moves and shakes like the trees in a stiff breeze." He grunted as he stumbled back onto his feet, reaching out for the doorway to support himself. The old man couldn't help but notice the faint trembling of his hand gripping the wood.
"I need a drink and solid ground before I puke my guts out." He thought to himself.

"Ah, I would be feeling so much better when we arrive at port. Regardless, how are you fairing, sir? No bruises or other injuries I hope?"

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 30 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

OCC: I planned the muscled man to be Tristan, but Zalph's not ON. Ah, well.

"Other than the fact that my head feels like it suffered a stampede by Minotaurs? I'm healthy like an obese mare, if you can call obese healthy that is." Cyldreen voice became light-hearted, while at the same time sarcastic.

He looked the man in front of him up and down. An old Redguard wearing mismatched clothes. During his years as a spy, it required him to know people by their appearances and behaviour. Shaking hand, weary expression and those eyes...

A man troubled by something?

"Umm, sir, you look like you've seen a corpse dancing with a Dunmer's ancestor. Is there something that troubles you? Did you hit your head hard? I could accompany you to the.. wait. They don't got no infirmaries here, just a healer. Yes, that's right. I could accompany you to the resident healer if you like..?"

Cyldreen's tone spelled out concern, while placing a steady hand on the older man's shoulder.

--------------------
--
--
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 30 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #5

Agent

Riden walked towards the cabin while Tess followed behind. Tess ran into a very pale Breton. Riden helped her up and greeted the man, "The name's Riden..." I said slowly.

Tess extended her hand out, "Tess Rysan."

Riden noticed an older Redguard next to him. He turned his attention to the Breton, "So, what brings you all the way out in Seyda Need?"

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 30 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Kaye flinched away from the hand instinctively, acting on old habits that had been a part of him for decades. He almost lost his balance again in the proces and if it wasn't for the hand gripping the wooden frame of the doorway, he would have hit his head on the floor for a second time in less than a minute.

"No, I'm fine really. Just a bit dizzy from the whole sea thing. I'm fine." He stammered. Having drawn just outside Cyldreen's reach, he calmed down somewhat. The Breton didn't look like a threat, but just a man who was honestly concerned for his fellow being. He really shouldn't have jumped away like that, old habits be damned.
"No really, I'm just fine. No need for a healer. And I'm sorry for seeming rude, but I'm not used to err...physical contact. Sorry for acting like that."

OOC: I'm off to bed so next post will be tomorrow at the earliest.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jul 30 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Tristan glanced at the other passengers. "A Redguard? You with the legion?" he asked. His voice was deep. The middle-aged Imperial glanced at Tess and Riden. The cold of the ocean winds bit against the veteran's flesh. Even though he wore his armor, it still got through the cracks.

Seyda Neen... I remember coming here during my Campaign. I wonder if Hrisskar is still here. "So you folks from around Morrowind or are you travellers?" the aged man asked.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 30 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

Aha, a recluse by nature! Interesting..

"Really? Ok, then. But if you need some help, do holler. We Bretons respect the Elders, yes?" With a smile, Cyldreen released his hand.

My job hasn't even started yet and someone's supiscious of me! Wait, no. Just paranoia.

Nodding to himself, he left the Redguard alone and continued to his destination. While heading towards the Captain's cabin and whistling to himself, he overheard three voices, two males and one woman. He eavesdropped. And suddenly wished he hadn't.

"You with the Legion?" a gruff and deep voice, like a seasoned veteran asked.

Pigs! If I hadn't left my battle-axe, I'd chop the gruff one's head off! But, it seems diplomacy is needed here.

So, he casually stroded and turned to the corner to see three Imperials. A middle-aged man in a full set of Steel Armor poised stoically, while a couple stood infront of him. An Imperial woman and another Imperial.

This boat is infested with Cyrodiilic rats! If- wait what's that.. ? A rare hidden-blade! That means.. an Assasin. The game just got more interesting.

---

OCC: Well, I guess I'll be in Vaernima's Realm, plagued by nightmares! Oh, and another thing. Thoughts are written in italics. I suspect my post will be later. Peace out, men. Oh, and would someone control Cyldreen for me? He just made his presence known.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 30 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #9

Agent

Riden replied bluntly, "No...We're on a...job"

Tess glanced at him worriedly and she started talking, "We're from Cyrodiil. Good to meet you!"

Riden casually looked around him and saw a Breton peering around the corner.

Got to keep an eye on the Breton... Riden thought.

"I'm going." Riden said hoarsely.

"Don't mind him, he's a little anxious to get to Morrowind. Neither of us have gone to another province before and we're hoping for the best!" Tess exclaimed, giving a warm smile to the Redguard.

Riden got his Hidden Blade ready for a potential fight.

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 30 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

OCC: It seems I'm not sleepy yet! God, I hate drinking milked-coffee before I go to sleep.. Wait, is the Redguard Kaye?
----------

Oooh, he looks like he's ready for a fight, eh? Wait 'till I get my battle-axe and spear. But, I'm not here for a fight, yet.
Smilling to himself and at the Assasin, he went to the Captain's quarters. He passed by some crew-members waking up. He smiled at them, said some 'hellos' and continued. He also kept cautiousness on his side. There's a chance that the Assasin is following him now.
Finally, he reached the Captain's quarters. The door is closed, but Cyldreen could hear some voice cursing some pants.

Cyldreen took his time and leaned at the nearby wall. His thought went to the Assasin as he waited.

An Assasin, not Dark Brotherhood and from the looks of things not Morag Tong either. A lone wolf? Hmm.. Why would be heading in Morrowind? Is he hired by that fool, Martin Septim? If so, then I have to be careful. Keep an eye on him, and that Legion soldier. . . Ex-legion soldier, if I'm not mistaken..

His thoughts were interrupted as a stout Bosmer, a fancy beard covering half of his face and a pony-tail braided on top his hair, exited and walked with a limp.

A Wood-Elf sailor..?

"Hagh, 'thing ye want?" the short Elf looked up at Cyldreen and sneered with a shrill voice.

"Why, yes. I was wondering when we will reach Seyda Neen?" the Breton asked nicely, while crossing his arms.

"Don' know about dat, laddy. Wind's mad and da sea seems hostil'. Mebbe about a week or so, now get!"

Cyldreen needn't to be told twice, so he made his way to the armory.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 30 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #11

Agent

Riden slowly followed the Breton.

What am I doing? Getting into fights? Very sloppy...perhaps I'm distracted by Tess' safety... He thought.

He relaxed and decided to just confront to the man.

Riden started to look around the parts of the boat until he saw the Breton.

His red and white robes did stand out but the boat was dark enough to conceal him. Getting his hidden blade ready once more and yelled, "Hello! You seem rather...jumpy Breton."

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 31 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

"Hello! You seem rather...jumpy Breton." a voice yelled, and Cyldreen stopped in mid-walk, while his ears perked up. He smirked and ran hand through his hair.

The Assassin, so he had been following me..

Turning around, slowly so the Assassin can get a better view, he scanned the hallway infront of him. Some corners were dark, and he could bet that he saw some movement not far ahead. Narrowing his eyes and concentrating, he finally saw a glint of metal.

Hidden-Blade. His armed. Hmm, I hope there's something I could use, if things go. . . awry.

"I know you're there in the corner, come out now." he bellowed back, while searching for any weapon he could optionally use. On his right was a pipe, hanging loosely by a rope.

It isn't the strongest of weapons, but effective nonetheless. At least in the right hands.

"Friend or Foe?"

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Jul 31 2010, 12:39 AM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 31 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #13

Agent

"Neither" Riden said.

Riden emerged from the corner and gave a mocking smile.

He could see the Breton eying a small pipe, "Don't try it. You'll be dead before you even grab it."

Riden glared at him intensely with no chance of retreat. He reached for his trusty Jian longsword.

Tess ran to Riden's side after finding him, "Riden...what's going on?"

He didn't respond, his eyes was fixated on the Breton. Tess intervened, "Wait...guys, we aren't here to fight right? We have our own reasons but we shouldn't fight over it right?"

Tess retreated back and leaned by Riden, "Please, I can't see you hurt..." she whispered.

This post has been edited by DarkZerker: Jul 31 2010, 12:48 AM

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 31 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

OCC: Since I don't know what Riden looks like, I'd base it off at your avatar, ok.
-----

Cyldreen laughed.

Oh, the art of deceiving is such thrilling! And the girl..

The Assassin, wrapped in a white and red robe, glared intensely at the Breton, while the woman seemed to restrain him. The Man-Mer responded by giving the woman a wink. He then spread his arms, mockingly bowed and looked at the Imperial eye to eye. Brown orbs tried to penetrate his, while curtains of hair hanged. But the eyes, there was something about it.

The eyes of a murderer.. He killed before and without mercy I might add. But if he experienced my training as a spy..

"You're right, I'll be dead before I grab it, but you have to be fast, Assassin. We Bretons are fast-thinkers. Should you charge with that sword of yours, I should have 'Dragon Skin' protecting me. But if I'm on the offensive, I would not target you with my magic. But rather," Cyldreen glanced smiled at the woman.

Oh, I would do it. He's not the only who killed..

"Personally, I'd rather not fight an Assassin such as yourself but if you insist, I'd send both of you to Oblivion."
Cyldreen emphasised his point by casting Dragon Skin and reaching for the pipe.
----------

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 31 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #15

Agent

OCC: This is fun! Oh and sure, my avatar is my character in game and who I based on. Tess is a pale Imperial with pretty long hair. I edited this...pretty far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riden yelled, "Tess, get back now!"

He brought up his Jian sword, knowing that he wouldn't be fast enough to kill the Breton before he got in a good hit.

"Please be careful." Tess yelled back as she started running through the door into the main deck.

"If you so much as hurt Tess...things that even the Daedra will look as gruesome will be your fate."

Tess is my priority...all I have to do is get in a single hit to incapacitate the Breton. Just one shot...just one shot.

Riden brought up Jian and took up a defensive stance. With very subtle movements, he primed the hidden blade and brought his free hand up to his Royal Dagger in case the battle went badly.

He stared at the Breton and tried to read his emotions as was taught by the Master Assassin to his pupil.

He's very strong in his own way...looks like he's been trained very well...an interesting battle for sure.

"Let's see who's the better man. Don't try any cheap spells. It'll do you no good."

This post has been edited by DarkZerker: Jul 31 2010, 01:31 AM

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 31 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

OCC: You received my PM? Anyway, this is isn't a battle to the death, K. I need Cyldreen. And his.. secrets.
-----

Cyldreen's masochistic tendencies kicked in. His grin became wild as he took on a defensive position. He began to concentrate and think that the pipe his holding is his battle-axe. Although, the grin remained. The grin that he wore during his 'training' as a spy in Orsinium.

"If I lose, would you please make me suffer? I love pain! In fact, during my time as a trainee in some land far away, they tortured me! And you know what, I loved every moment of it. Savored each strike of a whip, remembered the sting of a dagger! I'm sick aren't I?"

Cyldreen's mind went on to the verge of berserk, but calmness reigned. Lighting crackled on his finger tips, while Ice coated the pipe and his forearm.

Magic, torture and intelligence gathering.. Feels like home!

"Charge at me of you will. Throw some daggers at me, and the Dragon's Skin will make it more like a tickle! If you know some magic, by all means, cast it to me!"

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Jul 31 2010, 01:42 AM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 31 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #17

Agent

Riden was genuinely convinced that the Breton standing in front of him was crazy but his intense disciplined training prevented any psychotic tendencies Riden would have.

"...Fine then." He said before casting a shield spell.

That...was hard. Just one shot...keep this up. keep him confused

The spell took quite a bit of Riden's energy away and he was panting softly, "Just keep him away from Tess." He whispered to himself.

"Happy now? Your Dragon Skin isn't worth my time. Jian is specifically coated with Aleiyd magics. It's a good alternative to actually casting spells."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tess' side
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Finally, I got a sword." Tess exclaimed with glee. The small iron broadsword was badly made but it could cut. She rushed towards the armory, trying to keep up the pace to prevent them from fighting.

Riden's too occupied for my safety. This is bad...I need to get there fast.

She pushed herself during the last leg of the journey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riden's side
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The shield spell was in full swing, it could provide that extra resistance during the battle.

Riden was sick of waiting, "Make your move Breton, and savor it. It's most likely going to be your last."

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 31 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen took notice of the Assassin's sword. It was designed like a rapier, but had the cutting edge of a sharpened katana. The grinning Breton also noticed some gold twinkling. A backup weapon, perhaps.

"Really, you want that? Where's the pain in that? Ah, well. Oh, if you meet my mentor in Oblivion, tell him that I succeeded on our plan, okay?" The Breton innocently said, while rubbing the pipe with both of his hands.

It became white, blue then yellow. Then, with a surge of magicka, it became red. Cyldreen's hair stood on edge.

I do hope this works, otherwise this is pure suicide.

His eyes became tainted with doubt, for a friction of a second, before going wild again.

"Here goes nothing!"

And he threw it at the general diretion at the Assassin. But in his frenzied grin, he hesistated and payed the price. It just landed near the Assassin's feet, if he grasped the opportunity, he should get out of there! Not powerful enough to kill, but strong enough to knock down and lightly wound opponents.

---------------------

I love enchanting stuff! Particulary with small explosions that could knock you down!

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Jul 31 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #19

Agent

Riden was taken by surprise. The pipe released a surge of energy. He fell backwards and the world became a bit blurry. He quickly shook it off though and proceeded to follow the fleeing figure.

But the explosion's power was still present as Riden started to stumble, "Clever trick Breton!" He called out.

Tess just arrived and ran to Riden's side, "Are you okay dear?" She asked with a very worried face.

Riden nodded and got up, still shaky from the blast but was good enough to go.

"I'll kill you!" She screamed before she was restrained by Riden, "Don't...he was enraged just like you and he paid the price."

Riden's vision was blurry but he grabbed his Royal Dagger and threw it. In normal cases, the Breton would be on the floor but the blurry vision just impaled the wall next to him. Tess charged after him and Riden tried to keep up.
~~~~~~~
Tess' side

I'm going to kill that filthy Breton! Riden's hurt...just when we might have a child.

She was weighed down in her Morrigan armor but it she was just skilled enough to move efficiently as Riden taught her.
~~~~~~~~
Riden's side

One shot left...need to make it count!

He grabbed the dagger and threw it one more time. It didn't meet it's mark but it did hit a small rope by sheer luck alone. It released a barrage of crates, blocking the Breton.

Tess ran towards the Breton trying to kill him, "Tess, stop!"

Riden's vision started to come back and he pointed Jian at the Breton, "Explain yourself...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An assassin is supposed to kill a blocked target but as Sun Tzu said, an enemy cornered will fight like he's never fought before. Not to mention that your character isn't an assassination target.

LIES! Tess is one month pregnant and she's aware. Actually two months...

This post has been edited by DarkZerker: Jul 31 2010, 02:50 AM

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jul 31 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Two daggers flew like twin eagles. A golden one was a close call, but the Assasin's aim got absolute in the second one's case.

It blocked his path.

And an angry woman is charging at him with a broadsword raised, face contorted in fury. This was Death, just a nervous feeling? But, somehow, the Assassin managed to calm the raging harpy.

"Explain yourself.." the brunette hissed, pointing his rapier at Cyldreen. He seems shaky, and if he could disarm him and use his own sword against his lover..

No, maybe if I surrender..

"Alright, alright. You got me." Cyldreen nonchalantly said, ignoring the glare the woman gave him. ".. Explain myself? Ok, I'm abandoned at birth and raised by monsters, trained to be masochist and a spy." he smiled sheepishly at them, and bowed.

"But if you want to explain why I assaulted you.." he licked his lips in anticipation.

-------------
OCC: How do the others fit into this? How do Kaye and Tristan... fit into this? Maybe Tristan chatted with Tess for awhile until she became worried and left. Damn.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:17 PM