7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help for faster roleplays, Ideas to reduce waiting times
jack cloudy
post Mar 10 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

I'm fine with whatever. As for characters, I'll have to look at it. Maybe I'll bring back my Dunmeri instrument maker. Or his great-great grandson depending on the time-period.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 10 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I'll be Celdryn Minan'Kherus. KEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. But yeah.... Chorrol or Falkreath?

This post has been edited by Uleni Athram: Mar 10 2012, 02:45 PM

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 10 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

I vote Falkreath or maybe even Morthal. But we can start in Cyrodiil and migrate to Skyrim. I got a few characters but I do not know which to use.

Vaultren-High ranking Imperial Officer that was stripped from rank and left to wander as a hermit. Hates the Thalmor, wants his position back and will do anything [i]to get it back.

Lycus: Part-time gladiator, Bounty Hunter and a hunter. Also a hereditary werewolf. And a big-game hunter(I.E, hunting Mammoths and all sorts of legendary creatures.)

Illana: Lycus's sister. She's a full-time Bounty Hunter. Insane and eccentric, she is impulsive. But also a professional when it comes to getting the job done. Dead or alive. Also a werewolf.

I'll probably bring the hunters in. Since it fits Skyrim.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Mar 11 2012, 02:07 AM

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 11 2012, 02:33 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

OK. I vote for Cyrodiil then we migrate to Skyrim. Should be a good warm-up since we planned it this far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 11 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

I won't mind from Cyrodill to Skyrim! So timeline will be Skyrim's timeline? I hope so, it would be easier :3
I already have my Orc ready, just need to fill out the form.

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 11 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Cyrodiil to Skyrim sounds good to me; I'll get a sheet up for the alchemist/Mage character I have planned
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 11 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

Already finished here. Hehe

Name: Celdryn Minan'Kherus
Race: Breton
Home Country: Daggerfall, High Rock
Faction and Rank: None.
Faction Description: None.
Class: Rogue
Class Description: Rogues are adventurers and opportunists with a gift for getting in and out of trouble. Relying variously on charm and dash, blades and business sense, they thrive on conflict and misfortune, trusting to their luck and cunning to survive.

Skills: Dual-Wielding (a.k.a One-Handed), Light Armor, Archery, Sneak, Lockpicking, Speech
Appearance: So many years of adventuring and fighting has taken a toll to his voluptine looks. Scars criss-cross his face like random lines to a canvas, and a blow from a past opponent rendered his jaw leaning unnaturally to the right. With all these wounds that he sustained, the only thing that remains intact were his eyes. Under a veil of shadow cast by his cowl, two emerald orbs reflect light yellow. People who are targeted with its piercing green observation feel sudddenly cold and naked.

Eyes: Yellow-green.

Build: Deceptively lanky-looking, but actually wiry.
Personality: Reckless. Adrenaline junky. Prone to charge into situations without thinking things first. People call him brash and unthinking, and that someday he would die because of it, but that is exactly why he was wild in the first place. Dull is not in his dictionary. He prefers flirting with fate, and see what comes from it. Damn the consequence.

Weapons: 15 Steel Arrows, Hunting Bow, 25 Throwing Knives, Orcish sword (named Wicked) and Orcish dagger (named Delight)

Clothing: He wears a worn brown cloak over his hardened leather jerkin. A set of leather vambraces he wears with black gloves. A fur-lined boots warms his feet. He also has a belt that holds his coin pouch, his throwing knives, his daggers and other assorted poisons. He modified it with his leather jerkin so it is also a part of the jerkin, and can be positioned as a harness.

Miscellaneous: None.

Magic: None.

History: He was the youngest offspring in the triplets of a minor House in Daggerfall, the House of Minan'Kherus, Celdryn spent his childhood as a spoiled braggart; always outside with his groupie, causing headaches and controversies left and right. He somehow grew out of it when his father introduced him to the art of markmanship. While he wasn't a prodigy on archery, he nonetheless suprised his tutors at the dedication he showed. The patriarch also consoled him into learning swordsmanship, but this was merely a secondary option for Celdryn. At the age of 16, he became a famous youth whose skill with the bow was ungodly. He also had some skill in dual-wielding, but this was cast into the shadows.

On his 18th year, he bid the House of Minan'Kherus au revoir and set off to make his own. His first destination was the Fighters Guild. There, he learned many more things about archery only by direct combat. His grasp on dual-wielding also increased to the point that he began to use his two weapons more than his beloved bow. For three and a half years he served the organization, noted for his unnerving willingness to jump into any contract. Including the dangerous ones. Especially the dangerous ones. When he finally deemed the Guild dull, he bid them au revoir and set his eyes upon the Imperial City. Specifically, the Imperial City's Arena.

From Daggerfall to Cyrodiil, he made the journey entirely ON FOOT, and savored every danger on the road he met. It took him half a year. When he arrived and joined the Arena, he caused quite a stir at the rate of how he attained his ranks. With each passing day, it seemed he was unstoppable. Until the fourth year of his uninterrupted killing streak, he bid the Arena au revoir in a rainy midnight. Seeing the unending battles as a pointless affair, and reasoning that he was officialy over with the Fighters Guild in any provinces, he set his eyes upon the honored Companions of Skyrim. Thinking that if he could scrounge up honor while having a good time, then all the more better.

This post has been edited by Uleni Athram: Mar 11 2012, 09:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 11 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Edited.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Mar 11 2012, 05:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 11 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Edited.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Jul 8 2012, 07:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 11 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Alright, my character is here. I'm a little unsure about the age, as I couldn't really get a clear-cut description of elf ages, but the rest of it should be good.

P.S. Loving the bounty hunter siblings, Darkness Eternal.

Name: Alvara Hattaano
Race: Dunmer
Home Country: Morrowind
Faction and Rank: None
Faction Description: None

Profession: Hearth Healer
Profession Description: Focussed mainly towards healing and alchemy, Hearth Healers traditionally travel across civilised lands, offering their skills in dealing with minor ailments in return for coin or bed and board.

Skills: Restoration magic, alchemy, horse riding, able to negotiate a decent bargain, limited skill in Destruction magic, limited skill in using a quarterstaff
Appearance: Somewhat hardy and weathered by a great deal of travelling, Alvara still possesses relatively youthful features and the typical high cheekbones and thin facial features of her people. Her hair grows a little over her shoulders and is grey-white in colour, usually tied back in a ponytail to keep it out of the way. She sports a tattoo of a curling line snaking from beneath her right earlobe and spiralling on that cheek, a traditional Ashlander design, in dark red ink.
Eyes: Red, like that of all Dunmer
Build: While she hardly possesses a jaw-dropping hourglass figure, Alvara is of a medium build and in decent shape thanks to her many hours of travelling.

Personality: Generally rather stoic and slightly cynical in regards to most things, Alvara less inclined to be distrustful of non-Dumner as some of her other people are, mainly because she has spent a great deal of her life interacting with them. However, she is still a proud and at times stubborn individual, but those who get to know her find an incredibly loyal individual with a streak of soft, quiet wit to her.

Weapons: A heavy staff of hardened oak, able to snap bones or put a hefty dent armour when needed
Clothing: Hardy travelling clothes, including a pair of sturdy leather boots and an oilskin cloak to keep off the worst of any weather.
Miscellaneous: Her ingredients and equipment satchel, notebook (waterproofed with an enchantment to stop it getting ruined by adverse weather), spyglass
Magic: Skilled in healing spells, able to knit together wounds on herself and others. Also able to throw out a decent fireball or ice spell when needed, though they're not as powerful as those of a dedicated battlemage; generally, she uses these to deal with bandits from a distance or frighten away wild animals.
Spell list:
  • Fireball (Destruction, exactly what it says on the tin)
  • Ice Blast (Destruction, a cloud of sharp ice shards to freeze and cut an opponent)
  • Knit Wounds (Restoration, closes wounds, mends broken bones and stops bleeding, both internal and external. Magicka consumption varies according to severity of the injury)
  • Ease Pain (Restoration, effectively functions as a local anaesthetic, numbing the targeted area)
  • Cleanse (Restoration, can remove infections and ease swelling in injured or wounded areas. Magicka consumption varies according to severity of the injury)
  • Sleep (Restoration, can put the target, if they are calm, into a deep, restful slumber. If they are excited or panicked, then this does not usually work, but it can succeed in calming/slowing them down)

History: Born in Ald'Ruhn to an Ashlander mother and a father in service to House Redoran, Alvara and her family fled Vvardenfel when Red Mountain erupted for mainland Morrowind, and from there moved to Cheyindal. She was given some training in traditional Ashlander medicine-making from her mother, and initially hoped to become apprenticed to the town's local healer. He turned her down, saying he had no need of an assistant, and instead Alvara decided to take up travelling in the hopes that she could find somewhere else to settle and apply her expertise.

As a result, Alvara has gone across a good swathe of what was formerly Cyrodiil before the Aldmeri Dominion conquered it. She moves from village to village, places which are too small to have a dedicated healer, dealing with minor ailments that crop up in them in exchange for coin or a bed; she has pulled teeth, treated arthritic joints or cured non-lethal, irritating diseases like Crimson Foot, Bletchy Tongue, Amezce or the Damp Squibs. Usually she stays for two or three days, treating any who come to her with complaints and then moving on once there is no more business for her.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Jun 3 2012, 09:59 AM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 11 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

We hardly even have any healers in RP. Glad to have Alvara around. Though my male character is slightly racist toward Dunmers. Only slightly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 11 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 11 2012, 06:05 PM) *
We hardly even have any healers in RP. Glad to have Alvara around. Though my male character is slightly racist toward Dunmers. Only slightly.

Can see that not ending well for him, if he isn't careful about being nice.

"Get away, Dark Elf."

"Fine, no healing of that gaping knife wound for you."

wink.gif
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 11 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 11 2012, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 11 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Can see that not ending well for him, if he isn't careful about being nice.

"Get away, Dark Elf."

"Fine, no healing of that gaping knife wound for you."

wink.gif

Yep. It would make for an interesting character development for both sides. It would bring a sense of humility to him to be dependant on a Dunmer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 14 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Ok, I've been busy lately. Anyway, I'm still working on my character, aiming for a little more of a combat focus this time. As fun as it was, I learned that old drunks, cripples and fishermen aren't exactly all that useful when the rps tend to roll from fight to fight.

I'm still working out the details on my character. Skills are a bit of a problem point for me. Given his background, he'd probably be pretty good at Conjuration and Alteration, maybe some Mysticism. There is also Restoration, but it is limited to short-term fortification spells. But other than spells, I'm not sure what's there. I'm also a bit confused on the timeline. I really want him to join the loyal at birth for maximum indoctrination but if there hasn't been enough time between the rp and Oblivion, I'll have to make him younger.

So anyway, here's my guy. I think I have everything now.

Name: Kogobal
Race: Altmer
Home Country: Vvardenfell
Faction and Rank: The Loyal of ALMSIVI, expelled
Faction Description: The Loyal of ALMSIVI, often abbreviated as the loyal and usually not even mentioned at all, is a cult that still holds to a warped version of the old Tribunal faith. They claim that the Nerevarine is another aspect of Dagoth Ur, whose treachery imprisoned the rightful gods of Morrowind. As true believers, they see it as their task to find the Tribunals prison, free them and restore Tribunal rule and faith to Morrowind and beyond.

Class: Magicks Researcher
Class Description: Developers of new spells and applications of the magical arts, researchers usually focus their expertise on a singular school.
Skills: Various spells, literate in multiple languages (though hearing and speaking is limited to Cyrodiilic and a few random words).
Magic: Levitation, several forms of mark and recall, waterwalking, conjuration of a Scamp for menial tasks and a Frost Atronach for battle, Telekinesis and a few short-term fortification spells focused on increasing strength and speed of the recipient.

Appearance: Tall like all Altmer, Kogobals face is weathered and cracked from long years spent in the harsh environment of Red Mountain and the rest of Tamriel.
Eyes: Bloodshot with dark brown irises.
Personality: Kogobal is a bit of the odd one out. He doesnt trust people easily and while he does make attempts at being polite, he still sees everyone as an ignorant heathen at best. He is also easily distracted by potential clues for his research.

Weapons: A wooden staff. The staff has been hollowed and contains a scroll of Vivecs sermons (dating back from the Morrowind era). The top is capped with a small orb of facetted glass. Supposedly the orb lights up when Kogobal ventures close to a Tribunal god and by extension their prison. Hes never seen it happen though.
Clothing: Brown vest, ditto pants and shoes, a shawl for when it is cold or raining. Kogobal is not someone who values bright colours.
Miscellaneous: A backpack filled with various items including a journal (written in code), the usual camping tools, and some money. Also on him he carries an amulet that responds to the presence of other enchanted objects by continuously becoming hot and cold.

History: Kogobals parents were formerly wealthy and influential members of House Hlaalu. Repeated disasters however, such as the eruption of Red Mountain, the fall of Vivecs moon and several invasions left nothing of both their wealth and their influence. It is possibly because of this that Kogobals parents developed an obsession for the good old days and joined the loyal cult. Having grown up among the cultists, Kogobal himself developed an interest in the metaphysical prison where his gods were believed to reside.

He studied all forms of interplanar movement he could find, whether it was the fictional conjecture of a poem or the very real school of conjuration. He pored over tomes on the ancient arts of anchors and the accompanying spells of intervention. He studied the Oblivion crisis and the remains of the gates spawned during that period. He searched the land for the Staff of Chaos, which had imprisoned Uriel Septim for ten years in a place between time and space. At one point he theorized that perhaps the Tribunal had not been imprisoned in another realm, but were merely very far away. Perhaps on the other side of Nirn, or on the moons. This idea led to his research on more mundane methods of transportation such as levitation, passwall, waterwalking and simply boosting ones own body to superhuman levels of speed and agility.

Ultimately however, that idea was declared heretical by the cultleaders. Kogobal was sentenced to cleansing by being hurled into Red Mountains fiery depths. The Altmer used trickery to make the cult believe he had indeed perished. In midfall, he relocated himself to the metaphysical anchor hed placed in his room, then sent back his cloth-rack to take his place at Red Mountain. Acting swiftly and taking advantage of the fact that every member of the cult had gone to see the execution, he gathered his belongings and left. Though the cult and indeed his own family would no longer acknowledge him or his ideas and would attempt to kill him on sight, he vowed to continue the search.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 15 2012, 10:34 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 16 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Ooook. So its complete now, eh, Jack? We only have to wait for Fawkes then!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 16 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #36

Finder
Group Icon

I'll post mine as soon as I wake up! It's bed time!

Edit; okay a tad stuck on the character sheet, you guys don't mind waiting till tomorrow?
I might just put a ingame picture in the description part, I'm having a hard time describing him.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 17 2012, 05:02 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 17 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Mar 16 2012, 08:37 AM) *
I'll post mine as soon as I wake up! It's bed time!

Edit; okay a tad stuck on the character sheet, you guys don't mind waiting till tomorrow?
I might just put a ingame picture in the description part, I'm having a hard time describing him.

Seems fine to me.

Also, Lady Saga, are you still in for this? Because if so it might be worth posting up a character sheet now, before it's too late to join.
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 18 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

Okay finished my sheet, and boy does it suck, haha, It's my first attempt, let me just take quick picture and i'll post it.

GOt it, it's really bad, a rough draft, but it's enough.
Picture; First pic, second pic.
Name: Kent
Race: Orc
Home Country: Tamriel
Class: Mercenary
Class Description: A mercenary is just as one would suspect, willing to take a job no matter the risk, as long as the gold is worth the while.
Skills: Duel wielding, restoration ,archery, light armor
Appearance: Kent is a big hulking man like any other orc, his entire body is decorated with various scars. His features are less harsh than any other orc. He has red hair, a feature strange to Orcs, he has a shaggy beard outlining his strong jow.
Eyes: Blue
Personality: Some what rash and stubborn, he can be gentle and caring if time demands it.
Weapons: Two imperial swords, each decorated by the insignia of the empire at their hilts one of them is enchanted with frost damage while the other one with fire damage. A common Hunting bow he rarely uses.
Clothing: His battle armor is a hide armor enchanted with some shielding spells to protect him from most minimal attacks, his casual wear is a weathered out chest piece-less fur armor.
Miscellaneous:
Magic: A tiny bit of restoration magic he is only able to use it to heal minor scratches and bruises.
History: Long story short; Kent was raised by a group of bandits, he had quickly ascended through the rank, a large bounty was eventually placed on him, he ended up being betrayed by his men, allowing the imperials to break in the fort with out any trouble, while cornered by the group of soldiers the man who led them came with a proposition, one that Kent refuses to speak of, he had vanished for several weeks, only recently has appeared.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 18 2012, 11:55 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 18 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Good enough for me. So... Barring Lady Saga who we aren't sure of joining us as of yet, we are now complete, yes? Who will have the tremendous honor of starting our RP warm-up?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 19 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Someone, do it. And I don't want to see one liners or three liners like:

"Uriel walked down the road, where he saw in his field of vision a large caravan. There were khajiits cooking food and licking their butts. Uriel walks to them and says "Hi..."

No! Goodness gracious, this peeves me to the bone. I expect two paragraphs to three discribing the enviormnent, surroundings, smells and character thoughts,

Then again, this is just so we can have fun, so do what you want to.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:35 AM