5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To The North, the warm-up RP
Uleni Athram
post Apr 7 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Celdryn, standing tall like an observing tower, peered and searched at those who would rise to the challenge. And when he did, a slow and predatory grin carved itself in his scarred visage. The Nord could easily be labeled as a giant; indeed, even as Celdryn stood on his chair, the Northener reached the Breton's jaw with his dome sprattled with thick, messy blonde hair. He also had some nice words to give Celdryn too. A disgusting wave of spittle burst forth and Celdryn vowed revenge as he wiped the disgusting saliva off of his face. Nearby by-standers were affected too. Kogobal muttered some mumblings, and made way to the back of tavern. Had to push through some of the other customers who now swarmed at the two duelists. Celdryn paid neither the Elf nor his surroundings with his attention.

All of it however were focused on this giant.

Celdryn leaned in, his balance permitting him to do such a risky move, minding the fact that he stood on wobbly wood.

"I'm gonna enjoy your defeat," he whispered at the Nord's ear. With an outraged roar, the Nord bellowed out for the bartender to bring out the drinks and sat down in front of the Breton, who now laughed like a hyena. Celdryn then dropped on his chair and stared at the Nord hungrily, savoring this one's approaching defeat. Tal'Jhiro tried one last time to disband this foolishness, but the glare of the whole establishment silenced him. Impotently angry, the Khajiit could only do as he was ordered to, but the withering look he threw at the Breton sealed the deal that he was out.

Celdryn sent him off with a dismissal wave of his hand and commenced once again the duel of the eyes.

The cat set the mugs down with more force than was necessary, but no one paid the cat any heed. All eyes were on the two. The atmosphere was not unlike the Arena when two gladiators were sizing each other up. One could feel the electricity on the air beginning to crackle. Someone in the crowd coughed. Celdryn's arm snaked towards the chilled mug and stared at the nord over the foaming rims. His opponent did likewise, engaged each other in a duel of eyes again, before they simultaneously drank their mugs down. There came the second and the third and the fourth and the fifth and the watchers exclaimed their awe. The Nord's prowess was tested to the limits, and he had trouble concentrating on the shimmering visions of so many Celdryns. Said Celdryn meanwhile, was still staring at the Nord with sober eyes. A cheater's smile drew itself on his scarred face, but he had no idea what trick he used to win this one. He doesn't know why he cheated, probably for cheating's sake, but he didn't care. When he was REALLY drunk, he tend to mistake situations for the wrong ones.

At the 24th mug, the Nord went down. Loudly. A cheer erupted and Celdryn was triumphant. Through a daze of drunkenness, he somehow managed to stand on the chair and raise his hands in victory, before his balance broke, and he fell on the table, and crashed against the prone form of the Nord. The crowd laughed and began to disperse, and the eyes of Tal'Jhiro were fixated disapprovingly upon the Breton who lied cheek-to-cheek with the northener. He gestured for the two bards, the large duo, and together they manhandled the Breton to his room and Big Olaf outside.

Tal'Jhiro thanked the two, gave them some money that was supposed to be Celdryn's, and attended to his other remaining customers.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 7 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Apologies for my absence; I was away unexpectedly all of last week and was unable to get to a computer. That's now out of the way and there should be no major issues forthcoming in the next few weeks at the very least.

Sorry once again.

Alvara:

"Eavesdropping is a bad habit. Perhaps the Dunmer lass can join us rather than just listen in to our conversation."

Alvara blinked in suprise at that comment, somewhat taken aback that she could have been spotted so easily. Then again, she was hardly trained or experienced in the arts of stealth, so perhaps it was foolishness to try her hand at it.

"These are suspicious times if waiting for a drink is seen as eavesdropping," Alvara replied to the Imperial, deciding she may as well disarm the situation a little as she turned to face him fully. "But I'll admit I couldn't help but overhear you a little."

The Breton took his leave, and she nodded him a farewell before looking over at the Khajiit behind the bar and saying; "Another mug of ale, please."

The barkeep nodded, and Alvara glanced back at the Imperial. His gaze had wandered for a moment, seeming to be focussed on Celdryn as he conversed with an Altmer. She frowned at this, just as her drink arrived, and took a sip of it before his gaze returned to her. He glanced her over again, and there was something in his eyes that seemed interested, she noted; he was, perhaps, a little old for her tastes if that was what she had in mind, but she couldn't help but feel somewhat flattered that someone might find her worth their time if she was still dirty from a day's solid travel. Then again, considering the rest of the crowd, this taveren housed, her fairly plain looks marked her out, it seemed.

"You strike me as a healer," the Imperial said.

"That I am," Alvara said. "I'm afraid I'm hardly the most skilled you'll ever meet, but I know my craft well enough to make a good living off it."

She realised she hadn't introduced herself properly, and added as some kind of commotion began to brew in the background; "Alvara Hataan, by the way. And I don't think I caught your name."

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Apr 7 2012, 12:09 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 7 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Don't worry about it wink.gif

Vaultren:

"These are suspicious times if waiting for a drink is seen as eavesdropping. But I'll admit I couldn't help but overhear you a little."

If you overheard, then you surely were eavesdropping, thought the man. He heard her order a mug of ale, which seemed to be the most common drink in the building. He couldn't imagine drinking it. Such things had never fell past his lips in years. He didn't remember the last time he tried beer or even ale for that matter. Wine, however, was a completely different story.

Following his assumption of her being a healer, the Dunmer lass confirmed his suspicion by announcing the truth herself. Though she seemed to criticize her own skills in the arts of healing, stating it was enough for her to get by in life. Vaultren shot his head to the side whilst replying: "Not everyone can be perfect. I'm sure your talents are almost acceptable."

Behind him, was a large commotion. Sounds of screaming and shouting that made ears twitch. Why in Oblivion did I choose to come here, of all places? It seemed a contest of sorts were happening behind him, but he did not look.

The Dunmer woman then revealed her name to him, calling herself Alvara Hataan. And then in turn, had asked about his name. He looked at her now, eyes inspecting hers. "I am Vaultren De--"

As Vaultren was about to finish, he heard a large crash behind him. He turned slightly to see what all the fuss was about, and sure enough he glimpsed the sight of a large tall Nord fallen on his back. The entire tavern shouting and screaming at the fallen giant, while the Breton himself raised his arm in triumph, before joining the Nord. It was painfully obvious he was drunk, too imbibed to even stand right. Vaultren's lip curled in annoyance. Savages, he thought, barbarians. He looked back at the Alvara.

"My name is Vaultren." he said flatly. Still feeling unconfortable.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 7 2012, 09:40 PM

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 7 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

The Imperial managed to give his own name, Vaultren, before there was a crash beside them. Alvara glanced around in time to see a Nord crash down to the floor, and the Breton that Vaultren had been talking to earlier stood above him before he too fell to the ground, sending various empty flagons clattering about him. A drinking contest, no doubt, and by tomorrow the two contestants would be groaning with hangovers. As would most of the other patrons; no doubt they'd be willing to pay a few septims for a well-placed healing spell or two, a service she would be happy to provide.

She saw Vaultren's lip curl into a sneer of what she assumed was distaste, and it was clear that he wasn't at home in this place. What are doing in here, then? she wondered to herself. She decided that the best way to get at least some kind of answer to that question would be to ask him, and he seemed fairly uncomfortable witht he conversation at the moment. Probably wasn't much of a talker.

"So what brings you to this place?" she asked.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 7 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Vaultren:

Often times Vaulren would question himself in many scenarios throughout his lifetime. Why are you doing this? Who do you trust? Why do you do what you do? But the question that kept being repeated over and over was what are you doing here? And as if Alvara read his mind, she had to ask the same question.

"So what brings you to this place?"

The Imperial shifted in his seat once more and he gazed around. His eyes finally had set on her. He didn't quite trust a Dunmer, but then again, she was a healer. She didn't strike him as an agent of the Thalmor, for he can sniff them out in an instant. He understood their mannerisms, their behavior and their nature in general, cause he could easily relate to them. This Alvara was no Thalmor.

He formed a triangle with his hands atop of the counter. "Well," he started. "I left the Imperial City in search of something. I wanted to be away from the damned Thalmor, away from the politics of my Empire. This town seemed appropiate." the tavern's patrons roared loudly once more "But I have been wrong before."

"I think this town is more to your liking. The Dunmer population here is great. No place for an Imperial such as me."

It was the truth, a certain extent. He did come to Chorrol to be free from the Thalmor's presence. And to find a measure of stability. Soon, he swore, I'll fight the Thalmor, but in the shadow. Until then I shall stay my hand.The Emperor had stolen his title from him, taken his position of power away. Vaultren was more than angry, he was infuriated. But he did not wish to burden the woman with such stories. He did not care much for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 8 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

So Vaultren had left in search of 'something', then? Either he had some kind of mission or he was simply lost. And, she noticed, he mentioned the Thalmor once again; seeing as he had called for Naarifin's Fall clearly he had some kind of vendetta against them, though whether it was personal or patriotic Alvara had no way of telling. She generally avoided the Thalmor when she could, choosing, like most people, to keep her head down and keep out of trouble in order to avoid visiting the torture chambers of the Justiciars; she didn't like them, but she had bigger concerns in her life than fighting for an abstract freedom.

Instead, she opted to answer his second question.

"I've visited Chorrol before," she said. "It's nice enough in its own way, and there are a few Dunmer here that I know reasonably well, but I'm not planning on staying here too longer; I travel for my work, so I was mainly planning on resting here for a night or two, picking up some supplies and then moving on once again."
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 11 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Yuss, I got my internet connection back. And I have no clue on how to proceed, but I'll try.

Vaultren listened to her story, word for word. He leaned on the counter, his ears picking up every detail. His index finger slightly circled a black ring. As his first impression of her, he came to learn that she was a drifter. Perhaps staying a night or two in Chorrol. A traveling healer, he reflected. Not much of those in these times. Then again, when was the last time he had ever crossed paths with a nomadic medic?

He felt his hunger grow again, so he decided to raise his finger and order a plate of rare meat, fresh and pink, to sate his palate. He tapped his fingers on the counter as he waited, turning to face her again. "You would better fare in a temple at a time of war. Wounded men and women could provide much coin, if your seeking to spend grueling hours tending to the lamenting victims."

Finally, his order arrived after a moment. He heard the plate placed before him, but he kept his hungry eyes on Alvara. "You would be the first Dunmer woman I have met in this town, though you might be the last as I am considering leaving as well. Perhaps we could travel together? I have some knowledge in the restoration arts as well. We could be of mutual benefit to each other."

He smiled to her now, teeth white and gleaming. It wasn't meant to be charming, but rather a sign of possible friendship, at least. He wanted to gain her trust. Not to appear as overly indignant as he would come across. He pierced the soft steak with his fork, bringing it to his mouth slowly to savor the taste as he awaited for her answer.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 12 2012, 06:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 13 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Alvara considered Vaultren's offer for a moment as he started to eat the meal set down before him. His statement about the temple was accompanied with him fiddling with something on his finger and as she glanced down she noticed it was a ring, made of some kind of dark metal or cut from onyx. He gave her a warm smile as his offer was made.

He looked like he certainly knew what he was doing, and he had the look of a warrior of some kind about him; possibly he was a member of the Legion or the Fighter Guild, or perhaps something else. Whatever it was, she wouldn't be surprised to find he could handle himself in a fight, and certainly do so better than she ever could.

"I can certainly see some merit in the idea," Alvara said, nodding. "Where were you thinking of travelling to? I've been considering heading north, into Skyrim, personally; from what I hear the people there are in need of healers, like you said, and it looks to be rather lucrative."
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 13 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

The Imperial tilted his head, offering an amusing smile to Alvara as she considered his offer. His face then went neutral after a moment. He hid his sudden joy at her choice of location; Skyrim. He kept silent, nodding as well. She mentioned people in there would be in need of healers, as he claimed. Vaultren could only attempt to hide a smirk this time. He did retain a measure of knowledge in the healing arts, but none he would care to use or to involve himself in. It was contrary to his beliefs and a waste of his time.

He looked around the tavern a bit, inspecting the population. He was surprised, and pleased, to find that it had quited down a bit. He turned his attention to her, clearing his throat. "We are of a singular mind, it would seem. Skyrim is mirred in chaos. A civil war threatens to engulf the province. Your services would be well-met with praise."

As would mine, he thought to himself. Out loud, he said: "A splendid opportunity to aid those in need."

As soon as he said it, he couldn't help himself but gaze on Alvaras' distinctive features. More specifically, her tattoo. He reached for Alvara, slowly. The cold back of his hand caressing her face before pulling back quickly. He squinted his eyes, staring at the mark on her. He then had to ask. "That marking. Does it hold any meaning?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 14 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

"The tattoo?" Alvara asked. "That's..."

For a moment, she hesitated. Normally, saying that it was an Ashlander marking was enough to put most people off, immediately making them think of her as some kind of anti-Imperial savage. That wasn't true, Alvara felt; her ancestral people had been far from any kind of savages, but the stereotypes people held weren't easily shaken by her protests.

Instead, she merely settled on half the truth.

"That's an old family marking," she said. "A tradition of ours."
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 14 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

He was shaken out of his thoughts by a loud crash. Turning on his stool, he saw that the crash had been caused by the bard and this big Olaf fellow. One was carried upstairs, the other unceremoniously tossed out the door. The Altmer frowned at the latter. Leaving a drooling wreck on the porch was a rather unsightly habit and one likely to turn away guests. Not that the inn was lacking in patrons.

Kogobal shook his head and then froze when his ears picked up something else. Over there at the other end of the bar. Had he heard it right? With a shrug, he decided to seize the initiative, took up his pack and staff and walked to the two conversationists.
"Excuse me, but did I hear you are planning to journey to Skyrim?" He said to them and looked at both their faces.

One was the Dunmer lady with the oddly familiar facial markings he had greeted before, the other was a man. Imperial most likely, though the Altmer had never felt comfortable trying to tell them all apart. Only Redguards and Nords stood out, and even then he had been wrong more than once.
"The name is Kogobal by the way, I hope I'm not intruding."

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Apr 14 2012, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 14 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Vaultren gave her his ear when she was about to share the origins of her tattoo. She asked herself, and partly him, about the tattoo. She then paused, considering what to say. The Imperial's eyebrow raised as he detected a hint of hesitation on her part. Immedietly, he assumed she was hiding something. No one would forget the markings on their body, especially the Dunmer who are a cultured group of individuals. They were very traditional, as well. A marking such as that on the face would indeed not be ignored, nor forgotten. Perhaps she was embarrased by her past? Or perhaps she was given the marking agaist her will? Vaultren could not tell.

The woman answered him by claiming it was 'old family marking' and a tradition of theirs. Just as he imagined. Traditional markings, he reflected. He rested his fist beneath his chin as he went and gazed at her as if trying to discern anything of note. "That is rather vague, wouldn't you agree?"

He paused, not giving her time to reply. But simotaneously, nor did the intruder to the conversation allowed Vaultren to continue either. He excused himself, only to add the fact that he had heard about their idea to go to Skyrim. Damn these High Elves to the lowerst pits of Oblivion, Vaultren thought angrily. Though his face registered a genuine smile. Things just got more complicated. I might have to retreat for the night now that a second one is here, he told himself. But I can affort to remain here awhile longer. The Imperial studied the man, noticing his staff and his travel pack, as if he was ready to go. He already learned of the man's interest in going to Skyrim. He spoke about it with the Breton, but Vaultren only got brief snippets of their conversation.

Instead of being rude, Vaultren turned to look at the man closely. He indeed appeared ragged and had bloodshot eyes, much like Vaultren's. He introduced himself as Kogobal. An odd name for a golden-rod.

"Sit," Vaultren said suddenly. "Grab hold of a chair and join us."

He looked at Kogobal intensely, running his index finger under his bottom lip, not quite eager to reveal his or Alvara's intentions of going to Skyrim, though it seemed his silence would be in vain. "You show interest in Skyrim. Any reason you would undertake a journey there?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 15 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

The tired looking man smiled welcoming at him and gestured to take a seat.
"Don't mind if I do." Kogobal muttered and waved at his stool with the staff, sending the furniture gliding across the floor towards them.

"You show interest in Skyrim. Any reason you would undertake a journey there?" The man, Imperial or Breton, asked him once he'd taken his seat. Kogobal leaned both hands on the bar, tapping the fingers together.
"It's not just Skyrim. I plan on visiting all the provinces in due time. Simple circumstances made Skyrim the greatest priority. I was in Cyrodiil, the city, not too long ago where I heard some rather far fetched rumours. About a god or gods appearing in Skyrim. Normally I'd be sceptical about mere rumour, but when that Nord started talking about Elder Scrolls..." He began and at the mention of the word 'god', his eyes flicked to his staff. He shrugged and returned his gaze to the man and woman.
"I figured it would be worth looking into. If a god really will reveal itself in Skyrim, I want to see it happen. If there isn't, then I want to know what unkind person spread those rumours."

He smiled and ordered himself a glass of applejuice.
"The only problem is, I'm not very good at finding my way with a map and this time I don't even have one. So I figured my chances would be best if I found some more roadwise travellers to join up with." Kogobal finished explaining. He did not mention that he could get to Skyrim by taking a straight path and levitating across all obstacles. But if he actually wanted to find a good city, then finding allies was indeed his best bet. He'd heard many things about the roads in Skyrim and none of them were good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 15 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Alvara raised an eyebrow at the claim that Kogobal had just made. He seemed to be a slightly strange one, and the name Kogobal certainly wasn't typical of the Altmer.

He waved a stool over to him as he spoke, gesturing with a crystal-topped staff he carried, and Alvara recognised a fellow mage, one probably more adept than her. No surprise, she supposed, considering he was High Elf.

"I'll admit that this is the first time I've heard of gods returning to the land," Alvara said. "Though there's certainly enough war and chaos in Skyrim at the moment for some wild rumours to come from there."

She smiled at him to show she wasn't trying to mock him.

"No disrespect due," she said. "But it sounds to me like wild speculations and not much more. Still, if you want to travel there then I suppose our goals align. I'd have no objections to going with you, at least as far as Helgen; I'd enjoy the company, that's for certain."

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Apr 15 2012, 09:38 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 16 2012, 01:10 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Vaultren was little concerned about rumors of gods or a god appearing in a certain province. As far as he was concerned, it wasn't much of a big deal to him. He could easily perform a ritual in the dark confines of his own home that would summon one of the Daedra to his service. Just a child or two would be enough, he reflected, smirking. Clearing his throat at the man's response, he could only settle a bit more in his seat for the last time, thinking about what this Altmer was saying.

From his display of power with the staff and his interest in supernatural deities, Vaultren came to the conclusion that this man was a mage of sorts. Not unfitting, considering he was an Altmer and his kind are always adepts in magic. And all of it struck Vaultren as an oddity. Why would an Altmer mage want companions to travel with him? If he cannot make his way with a simple map, how in Oblivion does he expect himself to travel to other provinces? His taste for drink is rather bleak as well.

Alvara spoke this time, offering her own opinion on the matter with what seemed to be an insult. Then she tried to soften the blow by adding that she meant no disrespect. She considered it all speculation in any case. Though she freely expressed her attitude in allowing the man join in for a trip to Skyrim.

Feeling tired, hungry and thirsty, Vaultren tried his best to put his temptation of leaving to rest. He did not want to spend more of his coin on food. He rather retreat into his room for the night. Instead of actually leaving, however, Vaultren remained seated.

"It is settled. We shall wait until nightfall tommorow to depart," he said to Kogobal. He turned his attention to Alvara, speaking in regards to her idea of going as far as Helgen. "I believe we can arrange something, perhaps. I have contacts in Morthal I would absolutely adore to get in touch with. I also have a friend in the Blue Palace as well."

He turned to Kogobal. "Alvara is right. We all share our interest in the matter. A splendid chance for a fruitful lifestyle."

A smirk slid across his features at both of his likely companions. "If there truly is a god or more ready to make a theatrical apperance in Skyrim, then it would be wise to make our way there. There is a chance to be part of history...and not sit by and observe it."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 16 2012, 01:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 16 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

"Excellent!" Kogobal exclaimed when the woman expressed her acceptance of his proposal. He still felt intrigued by the tattoo.
"I swear I've seen it before, or something very much like it. It has the air of an old House marking, very old. But none of the Houses use this specific variant and the differences are too large to be mere failure on the artist's part." He thought to himself and decided to look it up in his journal later. It was only after that when he heard the remainder of what she'd said. That the gods were likely false, the result of civil unrest.

"That was what I told our rather unsober bard earlier. The gods are most likely a ploy from one side or another trying to get a bit of a moral advantage. But I stay by my decision. If the Elder Scrolls are in play, and I've got the feeling they are, then I wish to investigate. In any case, I thank you for accepting my company on the road." He told her.

"It is settled." The man with her said, and added his own suggestions and plans. He also mentioned the Dunmeri woman's name in passing. Alvara. The Altmer was pleased to have learned one name and even more to hear about the strangers' contacts in Skyrim. The good news however was tempered by a growing feeling of unease.
"Why leave at night? Isn't daytime the traditional time to travel, when one can see the stones under one's feet?" He asked himself.
"Could he be a bandit, trying to get us vulnerable in the darkness? It is not that I fear for myself. I can easily relocate away from him and any of his allies. But the woman, Alvara. Can I draw her with me? There might not be enough time to explain. If he is a bandit of course, instead of simply a starloving person."

He tried to hide his thoughts behind his cup and forced a smile.
"That sounds good to me. All except for the history-making. I believe I'd prefer to stand back and watch from a safe distance." He joked.
"There's little ever written about the influential ones after they made their mark on history, and I'd rather not find out the reason why."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Apr 20 2012, 05:21 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

SASFIEL

Tonight, Sasfiel decided as she deposited mugs upon mugs upon the lively customers, would be a very fun night. Her giddiness did not stem from the knowledge that she would make money in the scale of which she haven't experienced before... Well, maybe it does, but it doesn't make her grin like a predator like the oh-so handsome Imperial sitting and conversating with a dark elf. The noble-looking man was imprinted on her head that the surroundings became a blur to her; the bard and his songs were a distant music, so too were his body crashing against Olaf's. The loud, deafening cheers were simply a buzz in the back of her head. Indeed, she thought with a dark hunger, he will make the most beautiful sight if-

The loud, feline voice of Tal'Jhiro cut through her train of thought and she went over to him to receive her orders. A plate of raw meat was seaat before him, and his furry hand pointed towards someone behind her. She turned around. Her heartbeat increased. A slow smile erupted on her face. With dreamy steps, she took the plate and delivered it to the Imperial. It seems he was focused solely on this other elf, and Sasfiel gave her the once-over. Certainly a farm-faced lollipop, this one. And her dress lacks the vibrant colors that would've complimented her skin and eyes. She looks much more better suited in the kitchens as an assistant to the chef.

When the Imperial showed no further interest to her, she retreated to her job and time passed. When the Oak and Crosier became silent save for the soothing flute and drums of the two Nords, and the conversations of the remaining patrons, she turned her attention once again to the Imperial and found that another had joined the table. A rough-looking Altmer that reminds her of her father.

That does it.

She'll net his attention, whether he liked it or not.

With marching steps that could've made a legionary proud, she strode over to their table and stood over them, the flicking candlelight and chandolier casting worming shadows on her face, but the golden eyes unaffected. The golden, hungry stare pierced the Imperial's.

"Do you require any more refreshments or food, sers and ladies? The Oak and Crosier takes care of it patrons very well."

---------

OOC: Eternal Darkness, I hope you're not creeped out by the fact that Sasfiel targets Vaultren like a damn trophy. In her eyes, he seems to be the most wealthy and the most easy to take money from. *Le Shrug*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 20 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

OOC: No problem. That's Vaultren's type of gal! laugh.gif

The Altmer was pleased by the plan, exclaiming the excellency of the task. Truthfully, night would be the more convenient time for Vaultren. Leave at night, arrive in the morning or so in a settlement and just sleep the entire morning and perhaps depart in the afternoon. If they stayed in the roads, they would face little to no trouble. Depending on the area, of course. With a mage and a healer in his company, he had no doubt it was going to be safe.

With his thoughts suddenly straying for awhile, he payed little attention to the Altmer. All he heard was "Elder Scrolls" and an investigation. He was too busy looking elsewhere. A particular tavern wench caught his attention for a brief moment, but he thought nothing too much of it. He was too busy in his own thoughts to be worrying about chasing skirts. Looking back at Kogobal, Vaultren nodded as he replied to him about being part of history. He rather stay away from all of the trouble himself rather than to engage in it. The Imperial cracked a smile. What he said reminds me of my sister, he thought.

"Influence history, witness it, and remain safely away." he said to them leaning back. "Fame, fortune, all these things are meaningless. It is the seeds that you plant that shall grow into something--for better or for worse, that truly stands significant. And at times, it can echo throughout the centuries. Who can know? Perhaps all three of us can write ourselves into history."

Just then in that moment, Vaultren and the two others were approached by an Altmer. It was the foxy tavern wench. For the first time, it seemed, that he truly set his eyes upon her. He froze. Her eyes met his, and he was lost for a moment in a daze. A wonderland. She is remarkably beautiful, he realized. In his peripheral vision he could catch a glimpse of her smooth legs from her lubricious attire. She walked to them with a sensuous grace that set his eyes ablaze. He tried not to set his coveting gaze too much on her obvious bosom. Everything about this Altmer lass was provocative. And there was something else about her that made him unbelievably high in good spirits. Perhaps the smell of perfume she uses? Or her youthfulness compared to Alvara? It would seem he was going to have a good time tonight, considering the way this wench stared at him. When he found himself dwelling too much on how good they could share a private moment, he spoke out.

"Indeed," he began with a charming smile of his own. "Yet I'll admit, you do stand above the others in your services. The coin you receive is well-deserved. I am inclined to ask, what is thy name?"

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 20 2012, 06:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Apr 20 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

A smirk as the Imperial steadily falls for Sasfiel's trap. Hands on hips, hips on the side, and the divine innoncence of her eyes, the elf spoke slowly; her voice reached out to this man's desires, and stoked it even further.

"I am quite sure milord will have nothing to do with a lowly serving girl such as me." Here she brushes strands of golden hair from her face with subtle exaggeration; just enough to give the Imperial some view of her skin. "I am not worthy. I only live to serve."

She let her eyes wander and the golden stare stopped at the Imperial's powerful jawline. She licked her lips. And then the stares met once again.

She smiled.

"If you have no need for some refreshments, then I think I will excuse myself." Never once did her eyes leave the Imperial's. "My shift has come to an end." With those words, she turned and headed towards the backrooms of the staff, purposely swaying with the sensous grace she learned back in the days. But before she could enter, she turned and gave the Imperial an inviting stare. Around this time, the kitchens should be empty save for the chef and her assisstant. And those two probably left anyway.

She smirked again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 20 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Alvara nodded at Kagobal's comment of staying at a safe, sensible distance for the unfurling of history. Vaultren's keeness to throw himself into such proceedings, on the other hand, unnerved her somewhat, and she quietly wondered if it would be all that wise to stay with him for too long; as useful as an extra person with her on the roads might be, she hardly wanted some who might risk his neck and, by extension, hers, through some kind of foolhardiness, whatever it might be.

She could wait and see how things went, if necessary, and perhaps he might manage to keep urges such as his dislike of the Thalmor and his ambition in check. Worst case scenario, they could always simply part ways.

A serving wench came over and asked if they needed anything, to which Alvara shook her head. It was clear by the next moment that the dark elf wasn't the focus of the girl's attention, which was instead focussed on Vaultren. She made no attempt to hide the fact that she was eyeing him up, and from the wink she gave the man as she returned to the kitchen, Alvara guessed that Vaultren was probably going to be somewhat distracted. Instead, she decided to find out a little about the mage who had joined with them.

"So, Kogobal," she said. "I'm guessing by this interest in gods and history that you have that you're some kind of scholar."
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM