19 Pages V « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Shadow Under Fort Sutch, RP Playground Thread
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 19 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #361

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla rolled her eyes at the Breton's dismissal of her past. Between the testosterone-fueled staring contest between Celdryn and Lycus, and her own irritation at being touched without permission, she had little patience anymore. The red-eyed Breton and the large Imperial seemed to have a...moment.

The tension in the air could have been cut with a dagger. Kayla's eyes shot up as the group watched them...whisper? They were whispering to each other??

Kayla sighed impatiently. Then she got angry again as Celdryn addressed Buffy. His eyes traveled up and down her form and Kayla felt a white-hot fury. She took a soothing breath as Buffy took an attitude, hands on hips, lips coiled to strike with a biting comment. Before she could say anything, however, Celdryn turned on his heel and went into the room.

Kayla pulled Buffy aside by the arm and leaned down. Her heart raced with adrenaline.

"Listen to me, Buffy," she whispered. "We need to stick together." Se gestured while she spoke. "You are no good in close-quarter combat, no? I am." She leaned down and looked into the small Bosmer's blue eyes. "You do not want to get caught alone with a man like him. If we are lucky, he will stay behind. Then we don't have to worry about him."

Kayla straightened up. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes. She exhaled and looked down at the blonde Bosmer. "Let's hope I am overreacting. I have been... caught by men like that. But they had larger fangs and did not like sunlight." She gave Buffy a weak half-smile. "But just in case... stick close. Please?"

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 19 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #362

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy:

Buffy’s assessment that Kayla shared her discomfort was quickly confirmed as the taller elf drew close and whispered words of encouragement as well as an offer to use her melee skills to protect the smaller elf. After cautioning about Celdryn and sharing the hope that he would not accompany them, Kayla allowed that she might be overreacting and added, “But just in case. . . stick close. Please?”

As Buffy stared up at the taller elf’s brown eyes, she saw power, strength and nobility of purpose. As far as the small elf was concerned, a new friendship had just been born. She nodded her agreement, but as soon as her mouth opened to speak, she was interrupted by the booming voice of Oedipus Nebraska. "Please, have a seat. We are only waiting for the Green group now, and they shan't be longer."

The two elves had barely claimed an adjacent pair of seats when Buffy whispered urgently to Kayla. “Let me speak quickly, for it seems private moments may be rare on this expedition. I thank you for the protection of your melee skills. Ironically, the safety you provide allows me to return the favor with spell and arrow.”

Buffy looked around briefly, then quietly continued, “If you feel a restorative surge of healing magic penetrate the back of your cuirass, it is I - for my healing requires laying on hands. When allies are entangled with foes in fast-moving melee, it is easy for my ranged attacks to hit the wrong target; if you suddenly feel an artificial surge in loyalty to me, you will know it is an errant command spell – harmless compared to missing with an arrow. If, however, you hear me call ‘Get down!’ it means that if you can briefly drop to one knee, I'm prepared to slam an arrow into the foe in front of you before they can exploit you being on one knee. My bow is powerful enough that if it doesn't kill the foe, it will stagger them long enough for you to get back on both feet. If you see the ethereal spectre of a ghost appear, know that he is my ally. And lastly, if you see me cornered, do not panic; although it will pull my focus out of the larger fight, I am skilled at immobilizing foes at close range when required.” Buffy clasped the Altmer’s hand and looked up at her. “We will protect each other.”

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 22 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #363

Ancient
Group Icon

Westley

Westley watched quietly while Lycus had a stare down with a Breton man who called himself Celdryn Minan'Kherus. Apparently this man was aware of his condition, and this unnerved Westley. He kept a good distance away from the group, and watched while Buffy pulled Kayla aside and whispered something.

Westley silently growled when Celdryn walked away. He new something was off about this red-eyed Breton man. he remembered the words that a wise lycanthrope once told him.

Do not underestimate the prey, because sometimes the hunter can become the hunted, and the chase will be turned around. It's merely Hircine's will

Westley fiddled with with the ring of Hircine on his finger.

Maybe my lycanthropy will come in handy after all...

He took a deep breath, and looked back up at the crowd. Everyone looked so innocent, such easy prey. Westley growled

Damn it! Why is Hircine doing this to me?! I won't hunt innocent people!

The thought that Hircine may punish him if he didn't hunt crossed Westley's mind.

But if I don't kill, Hircine will punish me...

Westley stopped and thought about it for a moment.

Maybe I can sneak out and maul some bandits before we leave...

Westley sniffed the air. Celdryn's scent was still fresh.

But this Celdryn character isn't innocent.I just know it!

He sighed

I'm going to have to learn to follow my instincts if I'm going to stay a werewolf, or Hircine will punish me

Westley looked down at the ground

But killing for sport is wrong

He scowled

But it's Hircine's will. I have to obey

He looked back into the room Celdryn had disappeared into

"The hunt has began." He whispered miserably to himself

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Mar 22 2013, 11:19 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
PhoenixGamer
post Mar 23 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #364

Retainer

Elaninde:

She heard a voice, and quickly turned to the source of the sound. It was a Breton, calling himself Celdryn Minan'Kherus, his eyes were red but he didn't have that stench of undead that vampires have. Elaninde was to used to the smell of vampires since she had encountered enough of them to recognize one. Elaninde could see Kayla trying to hold back the urge to pull her arm away from Celdryn as he kissed it.

Celdryn led them to the atrium and Elaninde sat down as Oedipus Nebraska, standing in shining steel armour, informed them that they were only waiting for the green group.

Elaninde suddenly remembered seeing, in the corner of her eye, that Kayla had a habit of checking the flap covering her sword, what could it be...

--------------------
Knowledge is Power

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 24 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #365

Ancient
Group Icon

“We will protect each other.”

Kayla sighed in relief. She had listened intently as Buffy listed off her tactics for battle, pairing them with her own style and when they would be useful. She wasn't keen on command spells being used on her, but her race would make it easy for Buffy to tell her to duck down or move. As long as Kayla was aware that Buffy was behind her, she wouldn't attack her if Buffy grabbed her. She looked at the wood elf's soft features. Surely she would be gentle, unless it was dire. she thought.

Kayla was not used to having a battle buddy. Least of all, a battle buddy GROUP. She swung her head towards Westley, his expression miserable, then towards Lycus, whose expression was, as always, unreadable, yet not hostile. Celdryn had singled them out as a pair. There had to be something about them that connected them together. Looking at the two, she nearly laughed at herself out loud. They were nearly opposites, only the same in that they were Imperials.

She glanced at Ylenno and Tarrick, then at Elinande. Would any others make pacts? Or would they stay solitary? Buffy and Kayla would make a decent pair, in Kayla's eyes. Perhaps when a skirmish broke out, each would find someone they'd like to pair with. Someone to balance the other.

She clasped Buffy's hand. "Listen," she whispered lowly, knowing Buffy's ears would pick it up. "In my pocket, there's a note to my husband, in case I don't make it. If you do, I would like for you to deliver it to him. Inside you will find my wedding ring and instructions on who he is and where he is. I will do the same for you, if you desire."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 24 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #366

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy:

Buffy returned Kayla’s solemn gaze. “I sure we’ll be fine, but if it does come to that, I will do as you ask. I promise, Kayla.” The high elf had also offered to return the favor. The wood elf shook her head. “My mate died in my arms as we fought to free his city of Kvatch. Before we enter the ruins, I’ll teleport my mare to Equestria, the University’s stable in the Valley of Horses where she will be safe.”

Buffy knew that if her flesh perished, the paladin that dwelled within her would sweep them from this time and world. She and Acadian would then reemerge. . . somewhere. She would remember nothing of this life, for he alone carried the memories of their past lives. She also knew nothing of the time, plane or form they would take, only that they would be together – as they had since time before Nirn.

Both elves looked around the room as Oedipus stood up front waiting for the green group to join them.

Although quite nervous still over the red-eyed Breton, Buffy was comforted that, if the others in her group were intimidated by him like she was, they didn’t show it. Lycus had unhesitatingly stood toe-to-toe with him. Kayla had met his challenge with a cool hardness of her own. Westley looked like he was still fighting to stay his blade, and was clearly not afraid of the Breton. Ylenno was hard to read with his off-center humor and attitude, but she saw no fear in him either. Elaninde was quietly inscrutable. Only Tarrick, via his body language seemed to share a bit of Buffy’s unsettledness.

She leaned close to Kayla and kept her voice low, “I’m glad that Celdryn fellow is not in our group, but have to wonder why Oedipus has him around. He seems to wield some authority in this guild.”

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 24 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #367

Master
Group Icon

Lycus.

Lycus saw the hesitant pup avert his gaze to the floor and back up to Celdryn then to fiddling with the fabled artifact around his finger. It was beyond Lycus why this child would be granted such a treasure. Lycus wondered what Westley had to do to get the ring. By most accounts the ring was often acquired when a hunter brought down a werewolf or a Lycanthrope.

The ring itself suppresses the lust for blood and even going as far as to give control for those using it. No simple man would find the artifact useful, for the ring is meant for those with the beast blood. It wasn't coinscedence most of those wielding it were hunted down or died in combat. Tharsten-Heart Fang of the Skaal was one of these men. After his demise the ring passed on to another worthy wearer. If Westley had the ring then he had some measure of worth. Lycus was curious on finding out what.

"The hunt has began." Westley whispered. Lycus captured the words with his enhanced hearing and snorted as he settled in his chair. That it has, but the hunt is unpredictable and many innocents can be caught in the storm of the hunt.

The blood and flesh of innocents represents purity, and everything pure is made prey. Lycus heard of white unicorns being hunted, white stags, spirit bears and even rituals of Lycanthropy where innocents had to be sacrificed. It is the prey Hircine finds acceptable; with every death of such stainless person under the claw and fang, the Lord of the Hunt is honored and the Lycanthrope who dealt the killing blow is given life from the passing of the prey, and thus able to be sustained for the duration of a night lest his energy and health be sapped away gradually.

He looked to Westley and wondered if the man had what it took to survive. If he could balance the life of an innocent person in his hand. He would have to see what this man was about, and if Hircine's will remained the same. Lycus was willing to give the man a chance. Just this once.

He rose from his seat, and occupied an empty chair near Westley. It was a welcome surprise considering Kayla was tied to this man. But she seemed to be whispering to the Bosmeri archer, Buffy.

Lycus didn't say anything at first, but after awhile he looked to Westley and cleared his throat and whispered. "Tonight will be a dark night, pup. The celestial bodies will be at their fullest. Do you seek to spend it locked within a cage or set free upon the wild to claim it as your own?"

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.â€
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 24 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #368

Ancient
Group Icon

Westley

Westley glanced over at Lycus when he sat beside him. The other Imperial was silent for a moment before speaking.

"Tonight will be a dark night, pup. The celestial bodies will be at their fullest. Do you seek to spend it locked within a cage or set free upon the wild to claim it as your own?"

Westley hesitated for a moment before responding. "I don't have much of a choice. Hircine is too powerful, I have to hunt. I can't risk getting punished for disobeying our father. I don't like it much, but tonight I'll hunt. I have to give in to the wolf. I've lost the battle I've been fighting for so long. The wolf has won." Westley looked down at the ground.

Westley was disappointed in himself. Hircine had won this tug-of-war between the inner wolf and the man. Westley didn't want to get punished. He knew that Hircine was displeased with him for not giving onto his bestial side, and using the ring to constrain the wolf. It was unsporting.

He glanced over at Lycus and waited for a response.

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 25 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #369

Master
Group Icon

Lycus:

Lycus appraised Westley with a wide-eyed glare. Westley spoke of losing his internal battle between his humanity and his beast. The call of the animal within was much stronger than he'd anticipated. But Lycus wasn't entirely convinced. The way he spoke in solemn tone, lowered his head in dissapointment, told the older Imperial that the man did not like what he'd become.

Try as he might to avoid Hircine, he still feels miserable with his condition. And should he continue to misuse his gift, the Huntsman's wrath will be set upon him regardless of him wanting it or not. It was inescapable.

The long-haired man cast his eyes around the room without raising suspicion, then he clasped his hands together and returned his focus to Westley. His hazel eyes penetrating and wide. A wild fire burning within.

Speaking of Hircine in the presence of others is dangerous. He knew there were Mer in the room, and with their ears as large as horses, he was already risking too much. He spoke in hushed whispers, but even that was too much. But thankfully he sat in the farthest corner of the room, where Westley seemed to feel most comfortable.

"For every perceived illness exists a cure," Lycus said without looking at Westley. His eyes were scanning the room for anything he could pickup, but his mind was searching for the proper words and his ears were carefully attuned to everything surrounding him. "Cling to the fear of spilling the blood of the innocents and you will incur the wrath of Hircine in this life or the next." He paused. "Yet you do not stand blemished for desiring a cure. You should seek one. I am willing to point you in the right direction, boy."

Before Westley spoke, Lycus decided to elaborate. "This is not a gift to be taken likely. You play with fire upon your lap and if it not tended with care you will find yourself scorched." He blinked. "This condition seeps into the soul. With the shadow of the beast you are forever marked. The moment you breathe your last in this world, you will breath your first in Oblivion and know that if you do not hold Hircine's favor you will be hunted down until the flesh is peeled from your back. We need a honorable hunters and warriors in the Grounds, not some angry child who can’t piss without splashing everyone and everything about him."

"This night I will depart for the Fort. I have marked territories around the plains so that my distance won't be great during the nightly escapade. I am willing to share the glory of this night. Just this once. But you've been warned. "The Prince has no patience for the fickle. You are given a choice. Don't spit upon an opportunity when presented."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 26 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #370

Master
Group Icon

GM POST and YLENNO

Celdryn had the patience of a crocodile and the eagerness of a shark. In his long existence here in Tamriel, he had never seen such a dazzling crew of walking meats like the ones who wear these bands of blue. All of them, even the mighty Lycus, were bejeweled with the deliciously marinated tragedies of their lives, and four of them had tasted the kiss of Oblivion. It was evident by some of the artifacts and blessings they wear upon themselves, and the smallest of them all had seen the spires of Dagon. It was always obvious in the eyes, Celdryn have learned. That misty veil that curtains some of the sights from the mind, and of course, that irresistibly saccharine sorrow that dots the irises.

Yes.

Buffy, among wolves and rogues, was the snake masking herself as an angel. The most dangerous of the lot. Hiding her scales beneath wings that flap philosophies of rubbish content. He had singled her out the moment she had stepped foot in the Guildhall, and felt the protective bubble of twilight dancing about her. This was the providence of Azura, but Celdryn knew not if Buffy had accepted her as mistress and matron. This matter would certainly bear watching.

Next in line for inspection was Westley, chosen of Hircine. The Hunter's standards have certainly fallen low for Him to give this pubescent lad His most greatest of gifts. The boy was a mercurial pentateuch of all that is wrong for the ideal Hunter, and Celdryn suspected that the pup was still undergoing the growth from fledgeling to hunter. He exhumes forth internal anguish as a lowly wh0re exhumes her cheap fragrance, prone to volatile changes of mood. Aversed to the contact of society. Perhaps second in line on being the most dangerous, as he was unpredictable as he was antisocial. Celdryn felt the hostility growing within the boy directed to him, and that was good. He gave the boy a shark's smile. This premature hatred is evidence enough that he feared Celdryn. For Westley, filled with hormones as he was, struck Celdryn as an entity who took courage from anger. And when things show themselves to be out of his hand, what would he do?

Transform into the wolf?

Rend the offending situation apart with supernatural fangs and claws?

Accept the beast inside to kill a monster?

Celdryn laughed quietly.

Lycus, on the other hand, was a true scion of the Hunting Grounds. He had the impulse of panther, the pride of a lion, and the wisdom of an ageless dragon. Certainly a combination designed for demi-gods, and Celdryn did not doubt the strength of Lycus' sword arm. His was the hand that conquered the blood jewels of the Empire after all, and he who dominated beasts and champion presented a legitimate threat, even if he didn't have Hircine's sponsorship. Lycus whispered to him too, during their confrontation. That when fate beckons, a man is helpless and he must oblige. Such rubbish! Celdryn scoffed. By allowing yourself to be chained by this aetherial concept, you would enslave yourself to a blank future, like a dog following after a blind master. No. Fate, destiny, these are the hallmark anesthetics the weak use to make themselves feel strong in the face of the unknown. The strong, on the other hand, piss on such beliefs, and carve their own path in the world. They die by what they have sown, not on some predetermined place on a predetermined time.

But Celdryn, for all of his contempt, gave the Imperial respect. For even a man like Celdryn understood the bare faculties of this world.

The other members of the blue group.... well. They were lethal in their own right. Kayla of the North had the blessing of Meridia, breaking the twilight dusk of the undead with that sword of hers. Elandine, with her arcane understanding of both the sword and magick, would prove to be a capable shield. Ylenno, the Florentine Bleeder, was a petty and infamous thug, but he had his bones nonetheless. The Redguard Tarrick was tame and humble compared to the others, but the Breton was sure his natural intuition would serve the group well when they were under.

He looked towards Nebraska. With such men and women as these protecting him, no matter how motley and colorful, his safety was practically guaranteed compared to the protection offered by the other groups. Trust was another matter entirely, as the lion in Celdryn caught the scent of uneasy wariness and a ripe desire for some explanations between them.

Celdryn crossed his arms over his chest, red eyes on the entrance.

Several nercenaries filed in, all of them wearing green armbands, filing in one after the other.

So, it has started.

Ylenno took a seat as he was bid, situating himself in the front row, nearest to the dais. Buffy and the others were at his back, and he had to turn around to talk to them properly were he to engage them in a quiet conversation. Which right now, he was really tempted to iniate. He had been studying Celdryn when the Breton in turn was examining the hall of its occupants, and came to several realizations. One, and the most obvious, was that Celdryn was danger and evil personified. Second, was that the Breton matched several descriptions of THE serial killer that was expunged from the 'official' annals of the Empire, descriptions taught to him by the Orcs during his time in Cheydinhal.

Only the most powerful syndicates in the world could have had access to the black file of the Blessed Devourer, a legendary criminal so vile he was hunted by other undesirables too. This butcher had escaped the full wrath of the Empire combined for a stunning streak of thirty five years, all the while killing people left and right. He wrote a book, the Liber Maledictum, detailling all the tactics he used to evade the hounds of justice for so long. And that was his legacy. His monumental gift to the underworld of society, his story passed down from killer to killer like stories from a holy book. No one knew what happened to him after the book was captured. The Orum Gang, when they established themselves as the sole rulers of Cheydinhal's underbelly, bribed an offical in the innards of the Empire into acquiring a copy of the book for them. It was probably the reason why they were still standing after all these years.

Looking at Celdryn, Ylenno wondered if the Breton was truly the Blessed Devourer of old. The red eyes of a hungry dragon, the golden armor of angel fallen, the axes of a godless armageddon, and being a son of High Rock... it all matched the descriptions of the cannibal that almost took half of Tamriel's population to a dark and grisly end.

But, surely it was impossible.

The reign of the Devourer happened seventy years ago after all.

And there was no way in Oblivion a man could live that long.

He turned to Buffy and Kayla, grave and stern-faced, an anathema from his usual jovial countenace.

"Sorry to eavesdrop on you beauties, but what with that creep in front of me, and no one else to talk to besides, I didn't have anything else to do. But listen, although you're probably aware of this by now, you do NOT want to be alone with that godsdamned freak. He gives you the goosebumps? That's nothing compared to what I suspect he is capable of. I've been thinking some things on the way here, and I do not like it one bit. Although I'm probably dead wrong, this Minan'Kherus fellow matches the description of-,"

From the open entrance of Atrium came the fashionably late Green group, filling in one after the other, their arrival also heralded by a clap from the Master of Adventurers. Ylenno looked towards the two female elves apologetically. I'll tell you later, he mouthed, as the final meeting finally began.

"And so we are complete," Oedipus boomed with the magnificence of a tuba. "No doubt you have checked everything you need for this Expedition, for although we may provide for what you miss, we would not be coming back to Anvil until we have completed our mandate below the Fort Sutch. I have talked with my colleagues and friends, and we have come to a decision to monitor our conjoint manpower with the two honorable Guilds of the Fighter and the Mage, making sure that your abilities are put to its best use! That is why we have you wearing those bands, for we shall establish rotating squads that shall delve and return from exploring the caves beneath when we arrive at Fort Sutch."

A grim shadow passed over Odeipus' face, and his countenace became more aged, more weary, more tired.

"This has been the recommended action that everyone has agreed on; and I have learned through bitterness that our sheer numbers could not conquer this mystery below. This is a time consuming process, yes, but I'd rather have you alive to share the glories with us than dead and sung about in songs, although some of you may find that in your liking."

He peered and searched through all of them.

"With the cooperation of the venerable establishment of the Horse Whisperer Stables, we shall all go to the Fort through horses and wagons. We depart for the grand adventure now, but if ou have questions, please, ask them right now. We shall busy in the coming days, after all."

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 26 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #371

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla leaned in towards Buffy. "I don't know what he's doing here, either, but he reeks of bad news." Kayla regarded the red-eyed Breton with her own brown eyes. Even had he not had red eyes, the way he carried himself reminded her of a predator waiting to strike. If Oedipus announced that Celdryn would not be joining them, she would be relieved.

Punctuating her thoughts, Ylenno turned around. The look on his face nearly mirrored the one earlier, sans the terror. His brow was pulled down, much different than the look she was used to.

"Sorry to eavesdrop on you beauties, but what with that creep in front of me, and no one else to talk to besides, I didn't have anything else to do. But listen, although you're probably aware of this by now, you do NOT want to be alone with that godsdamned freak."

Kayla shot Buffy a knowing look as Ylenno continued on.

"He gives you the goosebumps? That's nothing compared to what I suspect he is capable of. I've been thinking some things on the way here, and I do not like it one bit. Although I'm probably dead wrong, this Minan'Kherus fellow matches the description of-,"

The green group arrived, cutting off Ylenno. Kayla swore under her breath. She caught him mouthing he would tell them later, and she eyed the Breton warily. She then turned her attention to Oedipus. she wondered if her suspicions earlier were not unfounded. Though she mostly kept to herself during her trips, she welcomed the company of a group. They would have to discuss tactics, though. the more people tried to fight one enemy, the more difficult it was to keep each other from hurting another. In large groups such at this one, a plan of attack is ideal to come up with. Who stayed in front, who was support, even though the answer was obvious, it needed to be addressed. So no one got their roles mixed up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 27 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #372

Ancient
Group Icon

Westley

"This night I will depart for the Fort. I have marked territories around the plains so that my distance won't be great during the nightly escapade. I am willing to share the glory of this night. Just this once. But you've been warned. The Prince has no patience for the fickle. You are given a choice. Don't spit upon an opportunity when presented."

Westley scowled "As much as I hate this, I'm not letting an opportunity like this slip away. I'd rather hunt than be hunted. But know this: I'm not going to enjoy one bit of this, and I'm hunting solely for the purpose of avoiding trouble. Not because I take glory in taking unwilling lives." Westley got up and moved to another part of the room, away from Lycus.

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 2 2013, 01:21 AM
Post #373

Master
Group Icon

Edited. This was an April Fool's joke post. Discarded.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 2 2013, 01:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 3 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #374

Master
Group Icon

Lycus chose to ignore Westley's comment, or at least try to. It was clear the boy wouldn't let go of what life had in store for him and what he'd become. If he didn't hunt in honor, than what is hunting worth to him? Certainly not survival in itself but the avoidance of hurting those who's only error would be to cross his path. A deep, long sigh came from his nose as he lifted himself up to his feet. That is when Oedepius began to speak:

"And so we are complete. No doubt you have checked everything you need for this Expedition, for although we may provide for what you miss, we would not be coming back to Anvil until we have completed our mandate below the Fort Sutch. I have talked with my colleagues and friends, and we have come to a decision to monitor our conjoint manpower with the two honorable Guilds of the Fighter and the Mage, making sure that your abilities are put to its best use! That is why we have you wearing those bands, for we shall establish rotating squads that shall delve and return from exploring the caves beneath when we arrive at Fort Sutch."

Lycus' armor made a ruckus as he took a step, and gave himself a weapon check, making sure his sword and deadly Dwemer spear were all set. From what he's been told there will be other groups below, as Lycus initially suspected when he first set eyes on the distinct bands given to each of the members.

"This has been the recommended action that everyone has agreed on; and I have learned through bitterness that our sheer numbers could not conquer this mystery below. This is a time consuming process, yes, but I'd rather have you alive to share the glories with us than dead and sung about in songs, although some of you may find that in your liking."

Lycus didn't fear death. He would not have stories sung about him, not when there was one thing important for him to do. The only way to truly immortalize himself in this world if not by life-altering conditions. And he would make sure he survives this to see that one thing come to fruition.

Given the mages in his group, he did not need to rely on his stealth to dispatch his enemies. The Wood Elf seemed capable enough to bring down foes in her own from afar, and the rest could serve as shields. The stronger ones would be made to walk into the fray, but given the lack of their armor they would have to make up for it in speed.

"With the cooperation of the venerable establishment of the Horse Whisperer Stables, we shall all go to the Fort through horses and wagons. We depart for the grand adventure now, but if ou have questions, please, ask them right now. We shall busy in the coming days, after all."

Lycus was out of there. He passed into a broad, grand hall, lined with tall white columns. He traversed this with a march that only a giant of a man could make. Unlike some, he cared not for any perceived whispers of insult that came his way.

He was in a chamber extraodinary dimensions, whose golden walls rose to an ornate bright ceiling, shining with gold. He stopped to stare at this image, noticing it was carved by the talents of some mage or an intelligent builder. There were few places in number that could mimic the perfection of such thing.

He took long strides out to the exit and then into the open of the streets of Anvil. The scent of the coast reached his nose right away reminding him of his short nights in Hammerfell when he was yet a man chained to servitude. He stood there and waited.

Tonight he would hunt with a pup. Does Hircine curse him so? He'd rather be with a beloved woman who shared in the blood and spirit. But alas, he was alone now with only one thing in mind. Soon, he promised. After this task is finished I will return to Falkreath Hold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Apr 8 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #375

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla blinked at Lycus as he walked away from the meeting. Has he lost his mind? He's not even waiting for someone to ask questions! She looked around to see if anyone else shared her surprise. She decided to ask her question.

"Oedipus, I'm not familiar with working in groups. Will our formations be discussed on the way, or will they be discussed now? Please excuse my idiocy, if it is seen as such. I did not want us to walk away with at least some questions. It would be prudent to have the physically weaker members defended by the stronger ones, of course, but as for plans of attack, will there be signals? Verbal commands? How are we going to approach this fort? How far in have your groups gotten?"

She took a breath. "Is Falmer the worst thing you've discovered in there?" She cut her eyes at the red-eyed Breton standing near Oedipus as if to say the man crawled from beneath the slime-covered rocks of a long-forgotten ruin and latched himself onto the famous explorer. She couldn't help but to feel an almost overwhelming sense of animosity at the man who brushed his foul lips against her golden hand. It wasn't that she was an Altmer, and he a human. Kayla cared nothing about that.

The way he looked at people was not normal. He looked at them..hungrily. That didn't sit well with her. It wasn't even in such a way that made her believe he would make any unwanted advances on her. It was darker than that. And Kayla would protect Buffy from that as well as she could.

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 PM