2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old fan fics you never finished?
ImperialSnob
post Jun 19 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Some of you may not know but back in the day I wrote Oblivion fan-fics!

Only published one and it was never finisher back on my old account "chorllhunter"(I couldn't spell Chorrol).

I also made a really big mistake,instead of Mythic Dawn I said Argent Dawn,just pretend it's Mythic and this isn't a WoW/Oblivion crossover.

Also I'm using a fixed up grammar one,with some added words thanks to Kalarn.

When The Dadrea Return
Prologue

It was a stormy day in Bravil the swamp waters rose higher and higher, a Redguard explorer named, "William Marchini" was in Silverhome on The Water; a nice inn. Bravil was his first step in Cyrodiil. "Have the waters ever rose this high?" asked William.

"No, I've never seen it rise to this height," replied Gilgondorin; the owner of the inn while he poured William another ale.

"Some say if the town is flooded Mahrunes Dagon is to blame," laughed Gilgondorin as he was reminded that Mahrunes Dagon was defeated by the great champion of Cyrodiil.

"I doubt thats true," laughed William as he chugged down his ale.

"That would be ten gold please," said Gilgondorin still giggling as William put ten gold on the counter.

"Well goodbye," said William, about to exit the inn.

"Wait, you're going out there are you crazy?" asked Gilgondorin.

"Your right ill rent a room. How much?" asked William.

Later that night, William was awoken by a strange sound of a high piched cakle, he grabbed his dagger and put on his leather cuirass over his pyjamas. He slowly tip-toed down the stairs to see that the inn was empty. After some searching he found Gilgondorin hiding in a closet,"Quick get in," whispered Gilgondorin. "The Argent Dawn killed my customers outside the back, they want revenge and are going on a rampage all around Cyrodiil." William snuck out of the closet and looked out of the window, the Argent Dawn where gone, but the bodies remained. The waters had calmed and it was already morining. William signaled Gilgondorin to follow him. They went around town finding only ten other survivors. Many houses were burnt and many survivors crying. Then William wanted revenge on the Argent Dawn for what they did.

"I will get revenge," he promised. "First I will go to the Imperial city and get help from the legion and I will get some supplies to help."

The idea was absurd, but Gilgondorin still came with William and asked him, "Why are you so focused on getting revenge all of a sudden?

"The argent dawn killed my parents. My parents where a bit crazy and were Argent Dawn members for a time untill they had me; I was the reason they snuck to the swamps of the Black Marsh,and I was the reason they died," said Willian in meloncholy.

Chapter 2
On there way to The Impreial City William stopped and signaled for Gilgondorin to stop,the redguard took out his dagger and his elfish friend put his hand in his back,searched around a bit and pulled out a club."What is it?"asked Gilgondorin."Bears,"he paused"two of them,"the redguard countinued,William was an excellent tracker.Suddenly 2 grizzly bears leaped out of the bushes,Gilgondorin swung his club wildley hitting the smaller bear,the young bear staggerd off.Meanwhile William was struggling with the bigger grizzly,just then Gilgondorin heroicly hit the bear repeadily knocking the bear unconcious.They then ran to The Imperial City worried that they would be attacked again.When they got to Weye they spotted a legion soilder."HELP! HELP! THE ARGENT DAWN ATTACKED BRAVIL!"they cried to the legion soilder."Don't panic I will get more of the legion to investigate,do you need anything else,"replied the legion soilder."Supplies,"answerd William.
William and Gilgondorin went with 10 legion soilders back to Bravil,luckily no animals attacked them.When they where at Bravil the survivors ran and fought over supplies."Don't fight theres enough for everyone,"called out a legion soilder in white armour with red decorations on the curiass,it seemed he was the leader.The leader handed the survivors the supplies.Everyone tucked in.The legion left 5 soilders to protect the town.William couldn't sleep so he joined the night shift.Later that night they heard footsteps and halted the hooded figure that was wearing a black robe.One of the soilders tried to pull his hood down but got hit in the face with a dagger,it was the perfect killing blow.The hooded figure dissapeard and the William searched around.William came to the conclusion that the hooded figure was not with The Argent Dawn but with The Dark Brotherhood,he told the legion soilders."How can you tell?" asked one of the legion soilders."I can tell by the armour,you see for a while I was with The Brotherhood,either they were sent by The Argent dawn or getting revenge for me sneaking away and not finishing the job,as I had got enough gold for my exploring supplies.

Yes I was chorllhunter!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cardboard Box
post Jun 22 2013, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

One I never finished was the Morrowind adventures of Antonia Otranto, a Dunmer lass who was supposed to join House Telvanni as well as the Sixth House, but the mod loadout I had was overpowered in places (Shannon's Hellhouse X? Really?), too expansive in others (did I really need to throw Havish in there as well?) and creaky in yet others, and eventually I crashed and burned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 23 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

What a great idea for a thread! Loved the story/chapter/beginning - it was desperately in need of a good edit for spelling errors, lol. Still, a great write!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 23 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 23 2013, 08:23 PM) *

What a great idea for a thread! Loved the story/chapter/beginning - it was desperately in need of a good edit for spelling errors, lol. Still, a great write!

Alright can you be brutaly honest.

Because people seemed to like this(besides the errors that make even me cringe now days)alot but I don't see it as anything special or is it just because it's mine?
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 23 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 23 2013, 03:51 PM) *

Because people seemed to like this(besides the errors that make even me cringe now days)alot but I don't see it as anything special or is it just because it's mine?

You are probably your own worst critic. The spelling errors in this were horrendous (they had to be for me to notice them, I notoriously don't see nits while reading), but the chapters themselves were very interesting (a bit short for chapters, but that is easy to fix). You have good ideas here, and I don't think you should have abandoned this one at all - just cleaned it up so others would enjoy it more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 23 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 23 2013, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 23 2013, 03:51 PM) *

You are probably your own worst critic. The spelling errors in this were horrendous (they had to be for me to notice them, I notoriously don't see nits while reading), but the chapters themselves were very interesting (a bit short for chapters, but that is easy to fix). You have good ideas here, and I don't think you should have abandoned this one at all - just cleaned it up so others would enjoy it more.

I was verrrrrry new the writing so yeah the errors were horrible and horrific.

I did say in the thread that one day I may finish it but I just started a new one.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 24 2013, 02:45 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Argent Dawn laugh.gif

I made mistakes like that before. The very old fanfics were lost in history, and I never got them saved except for one of them. I often made lore mistakes and whatnot, but my old fanfic I wrote back in around 2010 I kept saved in my email account. A newer version was posted here in "Order Vampyrum", the rough draft, that is. The old rough draft was considerably better but most of the feedback I received said it was a bit confusing, so I scrapped the entire story and start new few years later, then I stopped again.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Dec 2 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

I had started Fallout of Grace, A fan fic for my New Vegas character Eva Bree. I stopped because I didn't have the time to continue, but I miss it sad.gif I wish I could commit to it like I did before... Maybe one day smile.gif

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 2 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Madgod. Oh, christ, Madgod. Plotting was an absolute mess, but that story was so much awesome stuff in it. Shoggoths and cannibals and martial arts and Cutter and everything. Jesus, I loved that little slice of lunacy.
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Dec 2 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Dec 2 2013, 05:40 PM) *

Madgod. Oh, christ, Madgod. Plotting was an absolute mess, but that story was so much awesome stuff in it. Shoggoths and cannibals and martial arts and Cutter and everything. Jesus, I loved that little slice of lunacy.

What I read of It I enjoyed Madgod smile.gif If only i had time to read more!

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 2 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

I loved that story. Madgod was indeed packed full of awesome.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 2 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Interregnum. That story was a well of inspiration for my own writing. I wish Destri would come back and finish it! Perhaps Cardonaccum will spur him on? I hope so!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 2 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 2 2013, 06:58 PM) *

Interregnum. That story was a well of inspiration for my own writing. I wish Destri would come back and finish it! Perhaps Cardonaccum will spur him on? I hope so!

God, I hope it does. Where is Destri nowadays?
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 2 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 2 2013, 01:58 PM) *

Me too, very much. I’ve read it through again several times. And I’d love to see Olen continue Shades of Ending. Ferir is a fascinating character.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 2 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I wish I could take the time to read some fanfics but I can never really do it and I donīt know why. Loved Lizīs OP in At My Feet and I know there are many more good ones out there. Iīve read many books in Oblivion and thatīs sort of the same deal, but when I come on here I just wanna goof around, watch youtube clips and play chess tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Cardboard Box
post Dec 6 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

Oblivion's still not loading properly, but if I can get a loadout that actually runs, and if I can actually finish one or (preferably) two of my current fanfics, I'll resume the adventures of Lucius Carus.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 6 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, Lucius is hilarious! That's great news, even with all of the ifs. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Dec 6 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #18

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I hate my own writing. It goes through 20 drafts before I post it and it still sucks. laugh.gif

Here's an old one: http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2486&st=0

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 6 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

This thread is making me all nostalgic for my unfinished stories and annoyed at myself for never having the willpower and self-discipline to actually finish them.

ImpSnob, why did you start this thread up? Was it to torture me with the ghosts of my unfinished stories? It was to torture me, wasn't it? Admit it, it was. Jerk.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 6 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah...Bad Mustardio... biggrin.gif ...

I do rather love all your stories, old chap...

Wish I could get it together enough to finish mine off... laugh.gif ...Ach, ne'ermind...It's not like they're going anywhere...Is it?... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:51 AM