Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mama, Just a snippet...
Jacki Dice
post Feb 8 2015, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I've been reading a lot of horror stories all week and I had this idea...

~~~~~♠~~~~~

Mama’s home!

I excitedly sat up in bed. She was gone for ages and it’s always so lonely without her.

She brought dinner home with her. I felt a little impatient as I watched her set the basket on the table by my bed. I could tell it was fresh. It smelled so good so I reached in right away. She scolded me. “You remember how to use a fork, don’t you?” She asked, placing one in my hand. I couldn’t help it! I was just so hungry.

After dinner, she helped me wash my face and hands. Sometimes, when I eat too fast, I make a mess. Mama doesn’t like it when I do that. “Honey, you’re a human being, not some uncivilized Orc,” she said, dabbing my mouth. The solution she uses burns a lot, but she always says that’s how I know its working.

She read a book with me. It was about an archery contest. A lot of the story took place outside in a forest. I miss the forest. I got real sick last year and I haven’t been outside since. Whenever I ask if I can go with her, Mama says it’s too dangerous right now. Maybe when I’m all the way better. I feel fine, though. I mean, I don’t feel like myself sometimes. I tend to forget stuff. Whole parts of last year are just a dark blur, but Mama says that was just a side effect. Other than that, I feel good most of the time. I’ll be good as new in about a month, she says.

Mama told me about her day and what was going on in with world. She said lots of bad things are happening which is why it’s important to stay inside. I agreed, even though I miss the feeling of the sun on my skin or the sound of birds chirping.

She tucked me in and told me she loved me. Then she left. She promised to be back in the morning.

The next morning, I heard noises. Clunky, angry, clumsy noises. It was like Mama, but I knew it wasn’t. She was silent as a shadow. I wanted to go see, but I couldn’t leave the bed. I’d get in awful trouble. Instead, I closed my eyes and listened.

There were voices. Not Mama’s. These were strangers. Why were they in our home? I felt angry as I heard them talk about taking things. I also was scared. Where was Mama? What if they came in here?

Mama says it’s dangerous for people to see me right now. Even though I feel better, I still look very sick. Mama won’t let me look in the mirror, but I can see the rest of my body. My skin looks almost green. There are chunks all over where my skin is missing, though its slowly growing back. One of my fingers is held on with strings until the skin can grow over it. Mama says that was part of my sickness and people wouldn’t understand.

I reached up to touch my face. My was nose broken. Half of it had fallen off awhile back. I could poke my cheek and feel the back of my eye. No way I can pass for well yet.

I could hear voices just outside my door. I panicked. I wanted to hide under the covers, but I was too scared to move. I heard a clicking sound and then the door creaked open.

“What the--?” One of the men looked at me with disgust. The other was looking at him with the same face.

“Is that a kid?”

“It looks like a z--”

Before the man could finish, both of them fell to their knees. They were covered in lightning. I looked up and Mama was behind them. She looked angrier than I ever saw her. Soon the men were just lying still on the floor. My room suddenly smelled like breakfast.

“Hungry, dear?” Mama said softly.

This post has been edited by Jacki Dice: Feb 8 2015, 07:19 PM

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 8 2015, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, that's awesome... biggrin.gif ...

Fair dues...Nicely done!!...

That whole bit at the end with the nose broken off the cheek thing/eye poke... biggrin.gif ...Yeesh...Throws a curveball that does... laugh.gif ...

Very nicely done...

Nice one!!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

Oh...P.S....Found this bit...

I reached up to touch my face. My was nose broke.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 1 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh! What an awesomely creepy piece. Well done, and thank you for sharing it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:14 PM