Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Discussion
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2018, 03:13 AM
Post #1501

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 22 2018, 09:04 PM) *

Spreads much appreciates Khajiit's contribution of Hollowjack chapters. They were exactly the ones she needed, so now it's just skulls, skulls, and more skulls.

Oh awesome! Khajiit is very glad they were of use to you!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 23 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #1502

Master
Group Icon

I want to make sure everyone sees this . . .

@everyone

BAD Housing Bug!!!!

Back up your homes with save feature in EHT!

Saving ....

Open EHT
select tab,
(below the Selection name is a drop down window)
Open and select all
Type Name in “Selection name” window
Save

“Cardi has noticed and reported a bug that they HAVEN’T fixed. If you mess with stuff and leave when you come back everything is messed up.

One possible reason is the new tools.”

That was from my housing guild GM - seems there is a bug introduced with Murkmire that affects housing. If you go into your house, move furnishings around or add/remove/change items, then leave, then on your return everything will be jumbled/out of place.

The guild’s recommendation is to use Cardinal’s EHT add on to save your house before you make any changes to it.

I will be working through all my furnished homes and saving them, even the finished ones, just in case . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #1503

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 23 2018, 02:54 PM) *

@everyone

BAD Housing Bug!!!!

Saving ....

Open EHT
select tab,
Open and select all
Save

“Cardi has noticed and reported a bug that they HAVEN’T fixed. If you mess with stuff and leave when you come back everything is messed up.

That was from my housing guild GM - seems there is a bug introduced with Murkmire that affects housing. If you go into your house, move furnishings around or add/remove/change items, then leave, then on your return everything will be jumbled/out of place.

The guild’s recommendation is to use Cardinal’s EHT add on to save your house before you make any changes to it.

I will be working through all my furnished homes and saving them, even the finished ones, just in case . . .

Thanks for the heads up Haute. Khajiit moved some things in The Exorcised Cottage earlier before he saw your message in game. Hope everything is ok there sad.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 25 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #1504

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm taking the approach of not changing anything until the fix is in. However, it looks like the bug that disables all interaction in player homes is only bypassed by tweaking a piece of furniture. Rock and a hard place.

At least the Sleek Creek home is real close to Rawl'kha, for the stations. The pain comes from not being able to use the storage chests when it hits.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 25 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #1505

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 23 2018, 03:54 PM) *

@everyone

BAD Housing Bug!!!!

Saving ....

Open EHT
select tab,
Open and select all
Save

Thanks for the heads up, Haute! You are def our front line defense when it comes to housing!

I have been trying to make a comment on Cardi's site since the day Ghastley first had trouble with the tables; but they keep saying my password is wrong; then sending me a temporary password to get into my account = but the temporary password is not working. So urgh; really having trouble accessing that site, lol.

Anyway = the reason I wanted to talk to them was = that day Ghastley first had trouble I went to the house and was checking the tables trying to recreate the trouble activating = but immediately as soon as I entered the editor; the room went dark and all I could see was that glowing blue grid! Freaked me out, lol. I couldn't use the editor at all without that happening!

At first I thought that was some conflict between the add-on and the patch that may also be causing Ghastley's issues with the tables; so I shut off EHT and WHEW! The darkened room and glowing blue grid went away.

So I haven't turned EHT back on again; my editor becomes totally useless to me with that blue grid and darkness blocking my vision. I wish Cardi could make that blue grid a toggle feature so you can turn it on and off as needed instead of it taking over all editing you try to do in the house that way; that is contra-helpful if you are just wanting to move a vase on a table and every time you enter the editor you have to see a glowing grid and darkened room.

Also, I'm not sure if this is an issue with EHT; the editor itself; or Psijic Villa (because that is the only place I've used EHT so far) = but for some reason when I was using EHT in there = the Z axis was not working like it is supposed to. Typing the same Z axis number for ballroom floor pieces into the editor should make a perfectly level floor (like it always has in these editors; Z axis is always up and down).

But in EHT when I typed in the same exact Z axis for a second ballroom floor piece as the one I have set to the perfect height = the second piece jumps to the right and raises by two feet OVER the original piece instead of level with it = when the only axis changed was the Z! How is changing only the Z axis causing the piece to move in two different directions = up and right?

In Oblivion, I could use the axises to build a whole building just by typing the pieces positions into the editor; a floor should be simple to make level with the editor EHT provides; so not sure whether the problem is some kind of conflict or an issue with Psijic Villa or what (because Psijic Villa is extremely flawed, that place is a mess of issues for placing anything; but especially activatables).

I don't think the Dev that made the Villa set the axises to zero when he set the first piece in there; everything is messed up in that place - so I wasn't sure if it was some issue with the Villa itself causing the EHT or editor to mess up

Anyway, I was trying to reach Cardi to beg him to make that grid toggle on (default off) so the editor can be used without that grid taking over unless it is wanted or needed; and to ask him about the Z axis issues.

Anyway, on these tables not working = I found out it is every activatable furnishing in the game except the lights; (even the chests) at every guild hall or house; and every person that comes into the cell re-causes the error; so me resetting it would only work till the next person came and as long as I stayed there while you used the tables (because when I left it would make them go askew again).

Ghastley is right; we kind of have to wait until ESO fixes the issue on their end; whatever code they messed up needs to be fixed before our tables and Mundus stones will be working again. verysad.gif

Hoping this morning's patch fixes everything; including the issue with activatables spawning prioritized before the floors they sit on.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 25 2018, 04:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 25 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #1506

Councilor
Group Icon

I've now had two different symptoms from this. The first was having only some of the stations not usable, and the later one has been with everything (except the dummies and assistants) not usable. That's happened in my own home.

It may be that the new symptom was their attempt to fix the first one. I don't recall when they happened, and whether a hotfix came in between.

The fact that the current problem behaves like the player being treated as a "limited visitor" is very suspicious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 25 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #1507

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 25 2018, 12:01 PM) *

I've now had two different symptoms from this. The first was having only some of the stations not usable, and the later one has been with everything (except the dummies and assistants) not usable. That's happened in my own home.

It may be that the new symptom was their attempt to fix the first one. I don't recall when they happened, and whether a hotfix came in between.

The fact that the current problem behaves like the player being treated as a "limited visitor" is very suspicious.

Yeah, they have done hot fixes every day since Murkmire dropped; and one emergency one in the mid afternoon one day! And that day that the only tables that worked for you being the Jewelry Crafting tables = that bug was all over the forums too; everyone was having it! (I guess everyone but the homeowners on that one). Then one of their fixes = I think I heard Haute say something about the game giving decorator permissions to all visitors. So now they have taken the homeowner's privileges away and given them limited access to their own homes? Holy Cow, don't the Dev's there know how to go back to the last good save and regroup? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 25 2018, 05:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 25 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #1508

Councilor
Group Icon

I haven't had trouble with the Guild Hall yet, but my crew has only used the outside stations and NPCs since Murkmire. They have used them a lot, though. Are all of you who experience the issue using EHT?

Jerric dropped some wheat piles off at The Love Shack. I completely forgot about the hurricane bug. Hopefully it won't hit. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 25 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #1509

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 25 2018, 01:22 PM) *

I haven't had trouble with the Guild Hall yet, but my crew has only used the outside stations and NPCs since Murkmire. They have used them a lot, though. Are all of you who experience the issue using EHT?

I have turned it off, but not uninstalled. That's another thing to try, as it goes back in very quickly, and doesn't replace anything in the process.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 25 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #1510

Paladin
Group Icon

I don't have EHT or any housing add on. Yesterday, Buffy could not interact with the indoor crafting stations. No prompt or anything. Tried perhaps a dozen of them.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 1 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #1511

Paladin
Group Icon

Over the last week or so Buffy has used numerous crafting tables at the guild hall - without a bit of trouble now.

Guild meeting tomorrow. I've got an appointment and errands but hope to be back in time. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 1 2018, 11:47 PM
Post #1512

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 1 2018, 04:37 PM) *

Over the last week or so Buffy has used numerous crafting tables at the guild hall - without a bit of trouble now.

Same.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 2 2018, 02:02 AM
Post #1513

Ancient
Group Icon

I haven't been there nearly as much as everyone else, but since we moved there I've only had problems once; I think it was last Thursday = the same day they did the last Murkmire emergency repair patch. I'd brought Britta in and moved some items; and when Misa came by later to do something = none of the tables worked either inside or out. I reset one table and they all came back on. (keeps fingers crossed that good luck continues).

Not sure if it is pertinent or not, but like Ghastley = I've shut EHT, Port to Friends Homes, Homestead OCD, and Magic Carpets off (but didn't remove them) = any addons that messed with housing whatsoever.

I've also been adding things to my son's Psijic Villa and haven't had any hurricane issues there; so all is good in mALX world so far, lol.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 1 2018, 05:37 PM) *

Guild meeting tomorrow. I've got an appointment and errands but hope to be back in time. smile.gif

GAAAAAAH! Are we doing some kind of costume thing like we talked about?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #1514

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric will be there dressed as a Psijic monk. Or at least his interpretation of such. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 2 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #1515

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 2 2018, 03:20 PM) *

Jerric will be there dressed as a Psijic monk. Or at least his interpretation of such. tongue.gif

WOO HOO!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 9 2018, 12:12 AM
Post #1516

Ancient
Group Icon

Guild Meet: November2018!

https://imgur.com/a/DZX1MoE

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 9 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #1517

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for sharing, mALX! Fun times monkeying around! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 9 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #1518

Councilor
Group Icon

Great pictures! Although I did have problems telling one monkey from another, I think I saw Taminwe in one of those. biggrin.gif She was the brown one, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 9 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #1519

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 9 2018, 12:36 PM) *

Great pictures! Although I did have problems telling one monkey from another, I think I saw Taminwe in one of those. biggrin.gif She was the brown one, right?

rollinglaugh.gif I saw that too; but other than the name = couldn't tell us apart either, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 30 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #1520

Councilor
Group Icon

Huge thanks to Team Chorrol for help with the dungeon event! viking.gif purplewizardsmile.gif viking.gif bluewizardsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

131 Pages V « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:58 PM