Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampire: The Masquerade Games, Warning - Spoilers Ahead!
SubRosa
post Jun 18 2021, 10:13 PM
Post #521

Ancient
Group Icon

Those both look really cool. Hopefully they will get finished and released.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 24 2021, 02:34 PM
Post #522

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So, has your new character come back from the Ocean hotel? Talk to me, Khajiit!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 25 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #523

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 24 2021, 08:34 AM) *

Negative. Actually about to start a new vampire rp in Skyrim!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 26 2021, 02:22 AM
Post #524

Ancient
Group Icon

Derp, I should’ve done more research on Bloodhunt. It’s a battle royale game. rolleyes.gif

Which is totally fine if you’re into that sort of thing, but not for me.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 26 2021, 02:23 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 26 2021, 07:07 AM
Post #525

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 25 2021, 09:22 PM) *

Derp, I should’ve done more research on Bloodhunt. It’s a battle royale game. rolleyes.gif

Which is totally fine if you’re into that sort of thing, but not for me.

I guess that explains why it looked so action focused. I guess Fortnite and Pubg were so big for what, 5 minutes, that now everyone else wants to make a copy, including with vampires?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 26 2021, 02:06 PM
Post #526

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 25 2021, 09:24 PM) *

nono.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 26 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #527

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 26 2021, 01:07 AM) *

I guess that explains why it looked so action focused. I guess Fortnite and Pubg were so big for what, 5 minutes, that now everyone else wants to make a copy, including with vampires?

Right? Battle royale is a gaming fad that has already lost much of its former popularity. The vampire folks missed the wave.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 26 2021, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 25 2021, 09:24 PM) *

nono.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 10 2021, 02:58 AM
Post #528

Ancient
Group Icon

I started a new VTMB game a few nights ago. I am having some weird issues however.

First off the game is microstuttering a lot all of a sudden. So far I have not been able to find any solution for it. I have tinkered with turning Gysnc on and off, V-sync on and off, etc... Turned of the high quality sounds and environmental effect. Turned off bump mapping. Nothing changes it. In fact, turning Gsync on makes it worse. I also noted that the game seems to have V-Sync hardcoded into it. As it always runs at 58 fps no matter what I do in my Nvidia settings.

My second issue just started today. The lighting just got weird. It is hard to explain. It is not darker over all, but the shadows, especially on people's faces, got a lot darker. Sometimes faces are nearly completely in darkness. When I look at the Shadows options, now I only see two to pick from, None and Simple. But before I had those as well as Complex and Soft.

Here is what it looks like

I have reinstalled the game a couple times now. While I was at it I updated my Unofficial Patch + to version 10.9 (before I had 10.8). I noticed a new Mod Launcher.exe. Using it allows you start the game and pick between the vanilla game and the UP. If I pick the vanilla version, the lighting looks fine. So I can only assume that the lighting issue is being caused by the UP.

Here is how the vanilla version looks

Edit: Solved. The issue here was a piece of advice I read meant to help with the microstuttering. It was to add a command line argument to force the game to run in direct x 7. I removed it, and voila! The weird shadow issue is gone.

Still have the microstutter though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 10 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #529

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Microstuttering is annoying as.. Yeah. Don't have any idea what's causing it, though kvleft.gif

Anyway, what clan did you roll with?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 10 2021, 11:17 PM
Post #530

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried playing a Toreador again, going the firearms route. But I just could not get enthusiastic about it, so I gave up after a few days. I have played all the clans now, and Toreador is the only one I just do not like. I liked the Gangrel, but could not finish that one because of how poorly the protean animations were.

So last night I rolled a new toon. This one is a Ventrue. Before I used a Yuki skin to replace the Ventrue character. This time I almost went with the vanilla appearance. But I experimented with using a mod that allows you play using Grout's Wife's appearance. So far I am liking it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 12 2021, 09:11 AM
Post #531

Ancient
Group Icon

The noclip command is really sensitive with just a little tap sending you dozens of feet. So I looked in the config.cfg file, and found the command that controls the speed. I changed it to the following, and now it is a lot more manageable:

sv_noclipspeed "300"

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2021, 10:53 PM
Post #532

Ancient
Group Icon

I am back to Vtmb. I played a Ventrue for a bit, but got a hankering to try a Toreador run once more. They are the only clan I never played (well, I never finished by Gangrel game either, but I played one for a long while). This is my third time, and it finally stuck, since I am now in the endgame.

I am going with a gun run, rather than using melee weapons like I normally do. It was rough at first, as that .38 from the start of the game really sucks, and the Ithaca is not a lot better. But once I got Auspex and Celerity up higher, it started to work. The Warrens were a cakewalk in fact.

Now that I am near the end I really like the Desert Eagle. I think that is my favorite gun. Though the Steyr is obviously the best automatic. The only problem I have now is ammo. I went into the Hallowbrook with like five different guns, all full on ammo. Before I was half way through I was discarding guns because I had no ammo, and picking up other kinds of guns there because I could get a few more rounds in them. This is also the first game in which I am officially broke. I spend all my money buying ammo. Even with collecting from Confession between every main quest.

I really do not like Celerity though. It slows down the game too much. Especially going through doors. I have to hit the use key half a dozen times to get it to start opening, and then it takes forever. I usually try to go through too soon because I am impatient, get stuck, and have to start all over again when it then automatically shuts.

I used a mod to play as everyone's favorite Anarch

This feels like the Spider-Man meme of 3 Spideys all pointing at each other

At the tanning salon

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 4 2021, 11:33 PM
Post #533

Paladin
Group Icon

I wondered what you were playing these days. Another vampire run it seems! Does that bright artificial light hurt like sunlight?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2021, 03:39 AM
Post #534

Ancient
Group Icon

It did not do any damage at all. So apparently tanning beds are just fine for vampires.

I just finished Saoirse's game. So now I have played all the clans. I only never finished a Gangrel run.

Next I am thinking of doing another January run at VTMB. But this time with a highly customized clan. I am still going with a Brujah. But I am going to change the disciplines to Fortitude, Potence, and Auspex, since that is basically January as a superhero.

That is easy enough to do by editing the clandoc file. The hard part is if I do the tutorial. I want to do it. But the trouble is that it has a part where you have to use each of your disciplines, and it does not recognize changes you make to the clandoc file. It stores the disciplines you have to use somewhere else. I am not sure where. There is no tutorial quest file like for all the quests. I found Jack's tutorial dialogue file. It does reference a tutorial quest, and steps to advance it by. I did find a python file that might be where it all is. Not that I have any idea about how to even open it. Notepad++ can do it, but it is not doing it correctly, given all the little squares it displays in areas.

I am thinking of trying the tutorial and seeing if I can advance the quest via the console, copying and pasting from Jack's dialogue file. I suppose if that fails, what I can do is use the console to add in the vanilla disciplines to get past that point. Unfortunately there is no way to remove a discipline with the console. Not that I know of at least. I can either go the game with the disciplines and just not use them. Or I could finish the tutorial. Then start a new game and skip the tutorial. That way I get the tutorial experience, without actually doing it with the second version of the character.

Edit: I did find a way to remove a discipline entirely by using the console. If you do Vstats Sell {Discipline} #, with the # being one point higher than what you have, that removes it entirely from your character sheet. Looks like that is how I will go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 15 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #535

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I never did get why everyone praised Celerity. Imho they did it wrong. It's supposed to make you feel fast but all it does is slow you down. Opening a door in Celerity should be like opening at normal speed since you are supposed to be moving fast which to me translates into opening doors fast. If I had it my way, using Celerity should have you operating as normal but everyone else being stuck in molasses.

And yeah, the .38 and Ithaca suck.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 15 2021, 11:52 PM
Post #536

Ancient
Group Icon

Celerity really frustrates me. Having to click on a door six times to get it to open, then waiting forever for it to move enough that I can get through it, just drove me nuts. I really don't like how they made it work.

In other news, I finished my January run, and started another with a Gangrel. Hopefully this time I will get through the entire game with it. That will mean I completed the game with every clan at least once.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 16 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #537

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I salute your diligence. I could never go get that stupid sarcophagus back to LaCroix again! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 24 2021, 07:54 AM
Post #538

Ancient
Group Icon

I finished out my Gangrel run last night. Now I have finished the game with every clan at least once.

This time out I got my Persuasion up to 10 by the endgame. Thanks to the UP Plus patch, it allows you to skip the two underground levels of the Chinatown temple. Instead you can talk to Yukie at the end of the above ground section, and she will open a portal that will take you straight to Ming-Xiao.

Then when you go to Ventrue tower you can talk to Chunk, and he will let you take the elevator straight to the roof, and the fight with the Sheriff. That one I have done before. I think with my very first character. It is a little tricky, because to get to that you cannot take the first persuasion option with Chunk, which is to tell him to think about whether his job is worth getting killed. You have to go a couple other levels in before the option to go the roof becomes available.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 24 2021, 11:56 AM
Post #539

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 24 2021, 01:54 AM) *

I finished out my Gangrel run last night. Now I have finished the game with every clan at least once.

This time out I got my Persuasion up to 10 by the endgame. Thanks to the UP Plus patch, it allows you to skip the two underground levels of the Chinatown temple. Instead you can talk to Yukie at the end of the above ground section, and she will open a portal that will take you straight to Ming-Xiao.

Then when you go to Ventrue tower you can talk to Chunk, and he will let you take the elevator straight to the roof, and the fight with the Sheriff. That one I have done before. I think with my very first character. It is a little tricky, because to get to that you cannot take the first persuasion option with Chunk, which is to tell him to think about whether his job is worth getting killed. You have to go a couple other levels in before the option to go the roof becomes available.

Now if only there was a fast track to get to the Nossie warrens, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 24 2021, 03:27 PM
Post #540

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow! I never knew you could skip the temple and Ventrue Tower like that! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:09 PM