Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bruma fur armor
moldymealworm
post May 26 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Retainer

yes, this idea came to me a couple days ago, may have come to people earlier... but, bruma seems like the type of town that would make different types of fur armors. so, how about a vendor that offers custom fur armor, sort of? you go out, kill a bear/mountain lion/wolf, take its pelt, and go back to this vendor and he'll make you an armor based on the type of pelt. for instance, the bear armor could offer the most armor points, and have a strength bonus, but be the heaviest. wolf armor could have an endurance bonus, and be the lightest, but have the least amount of armor points and mountain lion armor could have middle armor points, average weight and offer an agility bonus. they could all still be enchantable, and it would take a different number of pelts to get the types of armor, like 3 pelts for a cuirass, 2 pelts for greaves, and 1 pelt for helmets, boots or gauntlets. but, i have no l33t scripting skillz or armor changing skillz because i have no idea how to do it, so i have come to the great people of this forum to hear my petty cry... for a bitchintastic mod

This post has been edited by moldymealworm: May 27 2006, 12:13 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 30 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I like the idea and would love to make a mod complete with the retextured different types of fur armor. But I have to wait to reformat in order to even fit the expanded Oblivion data files on my w2k part of my hard drive.

So I'll keep it in mind as a modding idea when I can do it, unless you would rather do it yourself. Were you throwing it out as an idea for anyone to make or for opinion on a project you'll work on yourself?

Either way ... it's a good idea. I'm not one to squabble about who should make what. I think all mods are for the whole community. I love the sharing aspect of it.

Edit* My apologies - I didn't read your post all the way through, I got so excited about the idea! I see you say you haven't the skills to do it yourself. Well, I would love to & my McAffee expires in 9 days, so I must reformat within that timeframe. After that I'd love to give it a go.

There are of course, already Bear & Wolf armor in the game ... did you want to retexture them further in some way when the vendor makes his custom armor? And mountain lion armor is a great idea ... could be a really beautiful tannish/yellowish color. Any other hides you can think of? What about a very simplistic deer armor? Rather cheap I'd imagine, compared to the rest. Minotaur armor might also be a nice consideration. To give a larger choice and really make people want to download our mod to get the unique armors included. What do you think?

This post has been edited by Ibis: May 30 2006, 07:51 AM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
French Cheese
post May 30 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #3

Associate

dude, Mountain lion armor is a awesome idea!!!! You could have the hed as a helm, and claws as gauntlet that would give a h2h bonus. Minotaur also Good idea ME WANT devilsmile.gif

This post has been edited by French Cheese: May 30 2006, 04:15 PM

--------------------
You must obey the cheese!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
+Quote Post
moldymealworm
post May 31 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #4

Retainer

i was thinking we could take regular fur armor, retexture it to vaguely look like the hide of each animal, up the stats, and give a vendor a chance to make them as long as you have the pelts to provide. maybe even make a new animal, toss ten of them in the wild, and have the character find, kill and collect the pelts as part of a quest. something with white or black fur or something like that
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 31 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Whoa, cool idea ... tossing a new black n white animal out there for them to find and kill and bring the skins back! Brilliant! The only black/white animal I can think of at the moment is a zebra - to weird unless we retextured a unicorn maybe. I don't suppose there are guar around like in Morrowind are there? Sorry, I haven't checked the list in TESCS. I could see an animal like a guar having a black n white spotted coat like some cattle do.

In order to make a mountainlion head helm look believable (not to mention a minotaur one) we will have to get into modeling. I will be going to Computer Animation school soon, perhaps I could work those in to be some of my projects ... or at least learn really well how to model them. We'll see. So far, I haven't even expanded the Oblivion data files on my comp for retexturing until after I reformat.
(Right now I have too large of a section of my hard drive devoted to w98. It is there for some older games I like to play, but it doesn't need to be as big as I've got it. After the format, my w2k side is going to be much larger and should be able to accomodate the MMORPG's I like to play plus Oblivion and it's expanded data files & TESCS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moldymealworm
post May 31 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Retainer

i didnt mean a black AND white animal, i meant a black or white animal, like an albino wolf or a black panther or something. tiger skin would be pretty cool too...
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 1 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #7

Retainer

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 31 2006, 05:32 AM)
The only black/white animal I can think of at the moment is a zebra

Skunk... Penguin... hmmm.... penguin fur...

QUOTE(moldymealworm @ May 31 2006, 11:47 AM)
i didnt mean a black AND white animal, i meant a black or white animal, like an albino wolf or a black panther or something. tiger skin would be pretty cool too...

i love the panther. an albino black panther blink.gif tongue.gif

...anyway, you could also re-texture the leather armor for your deer armor and such.

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 1 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Ohhh ... yeh, a black panther would be to die for!! Maybe a white albino lion .. I think they actually exist for real.

We could retexture the leather armor for the deer armor, and the fur armor can be adapted to look like different species. But I was thinking about the helms when I said modeling. You know, the bear helm is a bear head. Imagine a minotaur head helm with the horns & everything. Or a lions head on your own. Cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 1 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #9

Retainer

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jun 1 2006, 12:20 AM)
Ohhh ... yeh, a black panther would be to die for!! Maybe a white albino lion .. I think they actually exist for real.

We could retexture the leather armor for the deer armor, and the fur armor can be adapted to look like different species. But I was thinking about the helms when I said modeling. You know, the bear helm is a bear head. Imagine a minotaur head helm with the horns & everything. Or a lions head on your own. Cool.

heh.. minotaur head... I remember that assasination... one of the better ones *drool*

but yes, that WOULD be the way to do it. but what would you do for the deer armor? i don't think thier heads are big enough....

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

+Quote Post
moldymealworm
post Jun 1 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #10

Retainer

make a knights who say ni helm for the deer antlers
user posted image
+Quote Post
lev_the_devil
post Jun 1 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #11

Retainer

i'd add something that's obviously endangered here....the panda....if someone made panda armor with the cute little panda face for the helmet...then throw a little sidequest where you have to go kill the last two pandas on the top of some mountain and you go up and they're just sittin' there in a patch of bamboo...lookin' all cute, so you cut 'em down and take their pelts and go get you some armor. that'd be sweet, and funner than hell.

"not kentucky fried panda, it's finger ling-ling good!"
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Jun 1 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #12

Agent

QUOTE(lev_the_devil @ Jun 1 2006, 12:14 PM)
i'd add something that's obviously endangered here....the panda....if someone made panda armor with the cute little panda face for the helmet...then throw a little sidequest where you have to go kill the last two pandas on the top of some mountain and you go up and they're just sittin' there in a patch of bamboo...lookin' all cute, so you cut 'em down and take their pelts and go get you some armor. that'd be sweet, and funner than hell.
"not kentucky fried panda, it's finger ling-ling good!"

lol..

need i say more

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 2 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Awwwe, I'd be more likely to adopt them and take them home as pets rather than wear them to my next battle. LOLOL

--------------------

+Quote Post
moldymealworm
post Jun 3 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #14

Retainer

another item that could be used for armor could be daedra spider silk. possibly a retexture of mithril, and make it lighter and stronger. kind of like with spider silk that could be used for body armor in real life
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 3 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #15

Retainer

lol while we're at it, kevlar anyone?

but seriously, spider silk armor would be good. you could even maybe retextur some clothes? (i'm not sure about how easy that'd be to give clothes defense points?) maybe the huntsman series of clothing? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 3 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Good idea .. the spider silk and the clothing retextured as armor. It is totally easy to use clothing models as armor (at least in MW it was.) you just right click in the armor list, check New, fill in your details and then press the ArtFile button and browse for the clothing item you've selected. Then Save and now your clothing model is in the armor list. Then go to Enchantments list and right click and make a new enchantment for your new armor. Add the enchantment the usual way at the bottom dropbox on the armor properties box.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moldymealworm
post Jun 12 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #17

Retainer

kevlar would be good. the deer can be made of kevlar. or at least their bones can
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 7 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #18

Agent

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jun 1 2006, 08:20 AM) *

donīt you think a minotaur helm would be a bit to large. Their heads are huge.
And while reading the daedra spider silk thingy, why not collect minotaur horns to place them on your helm or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:37 PM