Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Ghostfence rp: Playground 1
Olen
post Jan 9 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

Rothan

Rothan awoke early from a disturbed sleep. It wasn't dawn yet but in spite of his weariness he arose from his bed, and dressed quickly. He looked forward to travelling again but he felt uneasy, there had been rumours and there was nowhere like the temple for them to propagate. The banned book was still under his cloak, he quickly pushed it into the bottom of his bag and added a copy of The Lives of the Saints on top, hopefully anyone who looked would only see that. He had considered leaving the book but it was too likely someone would use his room in his absence and find it. That wouldn't do.

His cudgel lay in the corner, he sighed and picked it up. It's handle was made of a chitinous material but the head was steel with a couple of sharp corners which had borne spike before they broke off. This unusual construction resulted in it being singularly unbalanced but he was loathe to enter a weapon-smithy. He looped its uncomfortable mass onto his belt, he didn't like wearing weapons but neither did he like the idea of being eaten by some of Vvardenfell's nastier fauna.

He shouldered his bag an cast a last glance around his room. It was almost bare. He left the temple quickly before he would get caught up in any prayers, there wasn't really time and praying with a weapon made him uncomfortable, however much the Ordinators liked to. The sun was just below the horizon as he headed for the open space on the west side of the river, some of the guards were already there doing whatever it is guards do. The first guar were gathering too. He took a seat on the steps of the clothier and waited for more people to arrive.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 9 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #42

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Rianne, Balmora

She woke up before dawn, that was normal for her when she was about to commence some kind of journey. Dressing was quickly accomplished, trousers, shirt and her leather boots. And on top the shirt she got from Dralas. yes it was pretty big...and long but with her leather belt wrapped around her waist it looked good...yes really good indeed.

Rianne was satisfied with her appearance after washing her face and arranging her short hair with her fingers...She decided to bring all her things with her, now regretting she hadn't made some arrangements for transporting those confounded sacks..like renting a guar. Nevermind she had to fix that later.

Breakfast time! Rianne was literally starving. She decided to knock on Dralas' door to see if he would join her for breakfast, she hated to eat alone.

"Hey! Dralas! Fancy breakfast? I'll go up and tell Dulnea to fire up the stove, you're coming??" She shouted while knocking on his door...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 9 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Haz Andrethi, Balmora

Haz awoke when the first ray of sunlight pierced his eyelids. Still half-asleep, he yawned and stretched. The Scrib that had chosen his back as the spot for its morning-sunbath, protested loudly as it was unceremoniously dumped on its back. Haz looked at it with teeth bared.
"Don't complain. I'm not some dumb rock. In fact..." His hand snatched out and gripped the squirming insect.
"I'm a predator and you're breakfast." The Argonian finished, biting its head.

Now fully awake, he checked his own appearance while chomping down on his meal. At first glance, it appeared that his outfit had weathered the night well. He merely had to redo the scarf covering his face, remember to stand straight and presto, everyone would assume he was a Dunmer.

Scarcely half an hour after waking up, Haz marched through the southern gates and headed for the caravan where hopefully his Guar would be waiting.

OOC: I'll do Eno's wake-up tomorrow. He's an old guy, so he'll probably wake up after everyone else anyway.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 11 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Erna Rahnis, Balmora

Erna whistled cheerily as he stepped out of Balmora's prison building, sheathing his knives back into their pockets. The brawl that had happened there, as he had predicted, had been a lot of fun. Naturally, the watch had intervened, but Erna, with his cheerful smile and willingness to 'give the good watchmen something for helping a citizen in distress,' had gotten off scot free after a quiet night in the cells.

On the way to the square, he glanced in at the Eight Plates and grinned at the mess he had helped cause-tables and chairs had been smashed to pieces by the angry brawlers. Of course, he had helped spark it with a well timed cry of "Coward" after one of the soldiers had gotten up from his argument. After that, he'd sat back and watched the fun.

Once again, there was a queue outside the council house, this time for Guars, but Erna didn't mind too much. He could wait. He was good at waiting.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 13 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Eno Arval, eight plates.

When the sun's first rays shone through the window of his room, Eno awoke from his unsatisfying rest.
"Those dumb Kagouti-vomits! Just how is an upstanding member of the community supposed to sleep during the night, when one floor below him a whole damn mob is having a bar brawl!" He complained against the walls.

"I swear, they're lucky there wasn't a Telvanni staying here tonight. He would have torched the whole building...or turned it into an icicle, depending on personal preference." He continued with a softer voice. He decided right there and then he would eat his breakfast on the road. There wasn't much of a bar left anyhow.

"Serjo Arval?" A Dunmer wearing the outfit of a clerk asked the moment he stepped outside the Eight Plates.
"Yes, that would be me. Can I help you, my friend?" The old man replied amiably. Inside, he was still seething over the brawl but he knew that he couldn't take it out on an innocent man.
"We have brought you the goods and animals you requested." The clerk jabbed a thumb towards the two Guar that were searching the dusty cobblestones for small bugs to eat.

"They've already been packed. Of course, you may rearrange the sacks if you so desire." The clerk now said, and handed over the reins. Eno smiled.
"I must say, I find the service you provide to be most satisfying. Now it seems that I'm already somewhat late, so I'll do any potential rearranging when we set up camp at night. Please have some coin, consider it a showing of my appreciation."

With the two Guar in tow, Eno walked to the meeting point where he saw that a large portion of the caravan had already assembled.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jan 14 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Jan 9 2009, 04:22 PM) *

Rianne, Balmora

She woke up before dawn, that was normal for her when she was about to commence some kind of journey. Dressing was quickly accomplished, trousers, shirt and her leather boots. And on top the shirt she got from Dralas. yes it was pretty big...and long but with her leather belt wrapped around her waist it looked good...yes really good indeed.

Rianne was satisfied with her appearance after washing her face and arranging her short hair with her fingers...She decided to bring all her things with her, now regretting she hadn't made some arrangements for transporting those confounded sacks..like renting a guar. Nevermind she had to fix that later.

Breakfast time! Rianne was literally starving. She decided to knock on Dralas' door to see if he would join her for breakfast, she hated to eat alone.

"Hey! Dralas! Fancy breakfast? I'll go up and tell Dulnea to fire up the stove, you're coming??" She shouted while knocking on his door...

Dralas, Balmora

Dralas woke sharply to the sound of harsh knocking on his door. He looked around through blurry eyes while his mind slowly emerged from the darkness of sleep. The realization set in that he'd overslept. There was the initial panic where he thought he may have missed the caravan, but then he came to the conclusion that Rianne wouldn't be outside of his door wanting breakfast if it had already left.

"Gimme a second," he answered, dragging himself out of bed to put on his clothes. He finally reached the door and opened it. "I don't think I'll make it to breakfast; I slept too long and still have some things to take care of. Want to meet back at the council house before the caravan leaves?"

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 15 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #47

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Rianne, Balmora

She smiled, Dralas sounded so funny, barely awake and all groggy...

"Yes, sure!" she answered. "I'm gonna need a guar so I'll try to rent one, see you at the caravan!"

She headed upstairs, realising she was a bit late for any fancy breakfast so she asked Dulnea if she could get some food to take with her instead. That was no problem, she was presented some bread, and a chunk of scrib-jerky.

"Could you please get me more of this?" she asked thinking that Dralas probably would be raging hungry by the time he would appear at the council hall.

"Oh....give me a good piece of that dried hound-meat" she finally asked Dulnea.

After paying for the food she tucked it in her backpack, grabbed her sacks and went outside. Not far from the council hall there apparently was some kind of "guar-rental" since the smell of guar-dung was rather strong from that direction.

She noticed an elder dunmer slowly walking towards her. He looked like someone who would join a caravan. Rianne decided to be friendly

"Good Morning Serjo" she said bowing her head in a polite ashlander style. "Do you know if it's possible to hire a Guar over there? Are there any left you think?"

OOC: She's approaching Eno

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 15 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Erna Rahnis, Balmora

Erna saw that the first Guars were being handed out to the early comers, and decided on a way to queue jump.

Stepping from the queue, Erna picked one of the people out from the group that had been given the pack animals, and followed his prey, slipping stealthily behind them, always keeping out of sight. The streets were busy, and the target wisely, or unwisely, depending on your point of view, took a route through a back alley to avoid the crowd.

As soon as they were out of sight, Enra drew his knife, stepped behind them and in one swift motion, clamped a hand over their mouth, his weapon poking into their side.

"Hello matey," he said. "Mind helping out a friend?"

OOC: I didn't describe the victim in case anyone wants to fill the slot. If they don't, there's gonna be murder...
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 15 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

OOC: I would, but Eno's already been approached by Rianne (not to mention that he never takes back alleys in cities he isn't perfectly familiar with.) and Haz hasn't gotten a Guar yet.

Eno Arval, somewhere in Balmora.

Eno stopped when he was adressed by a woman.
"Good morning to you too, lass. That place being a Guar rental?" He replied, mimicked the unfamiliar bow and then looked over his shoulder at the stalls.
"Hmm, don't remember that gesture. Maybe she's from the mainland."
"Well to be honest, I got my Guar delivered right to my doorstep since I reserved one earlier. Splendid service. So I actually haven't got a clue. Still, if its Guar you want, I'd say that's your best bet. They should have a few left over that haven't been appointed yet to a handler. If you hurry you might still get one, or however many you need."

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 15 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #50

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Rianne, Balmora

"Thank you very much for your kind help" Rianne smiled, "I'll try over there then..by the way I'm Rianne...from the Ahemmusa Tribe" She continued, still unwilling to mention her last name.

I wonder if I should get Dralas a Guar? Or maybe he's got one already, i'll just go over there and wait and see,

She looked up at the elder dunmer, he looked nice, it could be a good idea to stick around him....later

She took out a piece of scrib-jerky and offered the dunmer, there must be a gift for his help..that was tradition

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 15 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

Eno Arval

"Oh, she's an Ashlander. Well that explains the unusual customs." Eno thought to himself.
"Eh, thank you. You're too kind. My name is Eno Arval, from Ald-ruhn." He said as he was offered the scrib-jerky.
"What did I do to deserve this? All I told her was that yes, she might consider asking for a Guar there. Wait, I know just the thing."

He dug into his pockets and retrieved the flute he'd been working on till yesterday.
"Why don't I give you this in return? She's still a bit crude, but as I always say...A piece just isn't complete till someone has given her her first song." He said as he held it out on an open palm.
"Giving flutes for scrib-jerky. I'm not going to turn a profit like this. But then again, I guess that profit isn't really why I make these." The thought made him smile.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 15 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #52

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Rianne, Balmora

Rianne gasped, the man offered her a flute! A musical instrument, she was stunned, his gift was worth so much more than hers...she realised she would be in debt to this man for a long time. Now that wasn't all unpleasant, she could offer to do things for him. Since he obviously was joining the caravan there would be opportunities for sure.

"Thank you Serjo, I very much like music" Rianne smiled. She didn't wait to use the instrument, and soon the air filled with a sad hymn, so typical for her kind...

Still playing she headed towards the guar rental and waited for her turn.

eventually she turned towards the dunmer and smiled...

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post Jan 15 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

Rothan

Rothan had watched people arrive all morning, the merchant district was thronged with both locals buying and selling and with other caravanners. He stretched, the stair was cold and there were too many people going to the shop for him to stay there anyway so he wandered into the crowd. Perhaps he could get some supplies, or maybe luxuries, for the journey. Either way shopping would pass the time before the caravan left, he might meet some of his fellow travellers too.

OOC: Not sure whose where/planing what, approach him if you want

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 16 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #54

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran, Balmora

Dranas was quite content. He had breakfast in his belly (from The Lucky Lockup) and two cooperative guars laden with illicit goods (carefully concealed, of course) and the Temple's construction supplies (which he eventually hoped to make his own). He easily made his way to the South Gate, where the caravan was assembling. Everything had gone smoothly.

This post has been edited by canis216: Jan 16 2009, 08:03 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Jan 16 2009, 02:53 AM
Post #55

Finder
Group Icon

Apelles Velvus, Balmora

"...with the almoners' money stuck between him and the cart! So I said 'Pull him out of that dung pile and arrest him.' And then Thadas said, 'To hell with the money - I ain't touching him!'"

Apelles and Salms both laughed.

"Sounds like you and your men have quite a long history together," Apelles remarked.

"Yes...yes, we've been through a lot," Salms said. "We've fought many battles, and even made some raids within the heart of the Red Mountain region itself. But...most of my friends are dead now, or were reassigned after...what happened at the last caravan. They're almost all replacements now. This is the first time in over twenty years I've had to work without Thadas."

"It's always sad when you lose one of your own. I've...had to go through it before, too."

"Yes, well...best not to dwell on it."

"Yes...'count only the happy hours,' as they say." There was a short, awkward pause for a moment before Apelles continued. "You know, that story you were telling me reminds me a lot of this one expedition about eight years ago, when..." Apelles trailed off as he noticed something in the corner of his eye.

He turned his head to ensure his eyes weren't deceiving him. No...there he was, leading a pair of fully-laden guars up toward the center of the assembly area. Dranas Heleran wasn't just in town - he was coming with the caravan!

"What is it?" Salms asked worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"I'm about to get up and approach somebody. I want two of your men to follow me. I believe I've spotted an unwanted guest."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you trust my judgment, sera?"

"Yes, I suppose I do."

"Then you'll do this favor for me. Suffice to say that this mer is a dangerous criminal whom I've encountered in the past."

"Well, if that's the case, then I'll be happy to oblige you." He turned to two of his subordinates and made a few hand signals.

"Thank you, sera. Tell them to follow about fifteen feet behind me."

"Of course."

Apelles got up, picked up his shield, and put on his helmet. He then proceeded to quickly close the distance between himself and Heleran.

He caught up with him and loudly cleared his throat to announce his presence.

"Dranas Heleran..." he said, pretending to be surprised. "Fancy seeing you here. You must be lost. After all, why would good, temple-going folk want to do business with you? I'll tell you what - how about giving me those bags of yours to lighten your load a little? After all, it's not like you'll be going anywhere."

This post has been edited by bbqplatypus: Jan 16 2009, 03:01 AM
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 16 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #56

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran, Balmora

So much for things going smoothly.

Still, Dranas was only mildly alarmed. Staving off confusion, he searched his memory and finally found a name and a leathery, wind-burned face to match the voice booming from behind the helm. Apelles Velvus. Dranas could play this to his advantage. He put on his most serene grin.

"Here now Apelles, why would you want what I have in my baggage, I wonder? I am, after all, but a simple merchant."

This post has been edited by canis216: Jan 16 2009, 08:15 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Jan 16 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #57

Finder
Group Icon

Apelles Velvus, Balmora

"Don't play dumb with me, Heleran. I know why you're really here."

Apelles called back to the two Armigers following him. "You two! Would you be so kind as to help me unload these guars and search the bags for contraband, please?"

He knew it was best not to be barking orders to men who weren't under his direct command - far better to ask politely.

The Armigers complied, and began taking the sacks off the loaded guars.

As they did so, Apelles leaned in close to Heleran, and spoke quietly, almost whispering.

"As I said before, Sera Heleran, most of these caravaners are good, Temple-going folk - strict adherents to tradition and law. The Armigers are good men, too, and they act in accordance with these laws and traditions. I, on the other hand, am neither good nor Temple-going, and I have no patience for foolish games. I've more than half a mind to smash your kneecaps in and DRAG your sorry ass to prison.

"But really, I can be quite an agreeable fellow if you're willing to cooperate. Why don't you tell me where the skooma is and where you got it from and save us the trouble? You may even get a couple years taken off your sentence if you give us some information. Unless you WANT to spend the rest of your life staring at the inside of a jail cell."

This post has been edited by bbqplatypus: Jan 16 2009, 05:16 PM
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 16 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #58

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran, Balmora

Dranas answered Velvus' whispers a bit more loudly.

"Oh, you would want skooma, wouldn't you? Are you looking for something to put a little pep in your step?"

He looked his guars over.

"You can search all you like, but I'm afraid you won't find what you're looking for. All I've got are some construction supplies, some clothing, a few books, alchemical necessities, a weapon or three, and a little bit of drink that you'll find is perfectly legal. Oh, and my Census and Excise documentation. Would never forget that."

--------------------
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Jan 16 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #59

Finder
Group Icon

Apelles Velvus, Balmora

"Well, we'll see about that."

They both stood there silently for a couple of minutes while the Armigers searched through the bags. Finally, after all the materials in them had been examined, one of them spoke.

"Well, we've searched everything, but we didn't find anything illegal."

Apelles's eyes widened with shock. "WHAT!? That's impossible!"

The Armiger shrugged. "All we found was exactly what he said was in there."

"Let me see..." He stormed over to the guars and took one of the bags. Desperately, he rummaged through it, taking things out and searching for interior pockets. He got down on his hands and knees and searched the guar itself for hidden bags. But he was a scout, not a customs agent. He found nothing.

"Impossible..." he gasped, his face flushed with anger and embarrassment. Then, he got to his feet and turned back toward Heleran, who had an ill-concealed smug grin plastered across his face. "You...you won't get away with this! I'll be watching you!"

One of the Armigers brushed him aside, apologizing profusely for the inconvenience. Meanwhile, Apelles stormed back toward the south wall clearance, to an area away from the other escorts, who were now staring at him with looks of suspicion and puzzlement on their faces.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 16 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #60

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran, Balmora

Dranas smiled, allowed himself a little chuckle, and began to re-pack, re-secure, and re-balance his cargo.

It was a chore, but with a little help from one of the armigers he managed to get his load squared away and cinched back down within fifteen minutes. Afterwards he sat down upon a convenient crate and chewed on a bit of hackle-lo to decompress, coming down from the high of deception, the only high he really needed. He laughed once more, louder.

Investing in those swords with the hollowed-out hilts and the big ebony mace with the screw-on head, he thought, had been an excellent decision.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 PM